Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Absolom said:

The state might pay in a foster care situation.  They have taken guardianship so it's more than likely all on them. 

I can't speak for Arkansas, but I have relatives in Mass. who took guardianship of their grandkids and they don't get jack from the State other than health insurance. 

• Love 4
53 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Plus, doesn't their religion forbid them from taking money from the evil government?

Like every other Gothard or "Bible-based" rule, they're forbidden from doing something unless they really, really, really WANT to do it, in which case Jesus cuts them some slack because they're his best buds.

• Love 9
On 2/12/2017 at 6:56 AM, GeeGolly said:

I read that she is Michelle's sister and first had custody of Tyler and then had a stroke and was unable to care for him. This is an older pic.

3D10FBD500000578-4213828-New_baby_In_Nov

What on earth is the girl hugging Tyler wearing? Did she drift over from the Sister Wives set?

• Love 5
1 hour ago, RazzleberryPie said:

What on earth is the girl hugging Tyler wearing? Did she drift over from the Sister Wives set?

At first I thought it was an apron, but upon closer look I realize it's one of those flimsy Walmart tank tops you find in the junior's section. I don't know who that girl is, but someone might want to tell her tiered ruffles on a thick body type is a really bad fashion choice.

Edited by BitterApple
54 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

At first I thought it was an apron, but upon closer look I realize it's one of those flimsy Walmart tank tops you find in the junior's section. I don't know who that girl is, but someone might want to tell her tiered ruffles on a thick body type is a really bad fashion choice.

the white tank top over long black sleeves is just so Sister Wives. Some tops you just can't make 'modest' without looking odd. Not that the white top isn't modest. 

• Love 2

She is Tyler's mom. I'm thinking she threw it on over the form fitting black top to make it more modest. Maybe she shopped in the communal closet. And it appears that Michelle's sister has a go-to modesty outfit. She is pictured with the Duggars two years apart, wearing the same jumper and shirt.

• Love 2
On 1/7/2017 at 4:41 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Nah, she has just gained weight. She gains exactly the same way I do, and her Duggar Head does her no favors. She would never dress in such tight clothes if she didn't think she looked smoking hot. 

As for the Duggar girls and lattes, maybe Jinger. But there's no sugar in lattes unless you add it. My 16 oz. grande at Starbucks is just 120 calories, and most of that is the (nonfat) milk. Yes, lactose is a sugar, but it's not a refined sugar, like the processed crap you find in TTC or chickenetti. 

what the hell is Chickenetti?

On 2/12/2017 at 7:50 PM, Kokapetl said:

The state probably pays JimChelle a small amount. Nothing close to reimbursing them. 

Theres no way they are even a dollar out of pocket.  They're just dividing the tater tot casserole 15 ways instead of 14.  

34 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

She is Tyler's mom. I'm thinking she threw it on over the form fitting black top to make it more modest. Maybe she shopped in the communal closet. And it appears that Michelle's sister has a go-to modesty outfit. She is pictured with the Duggars two years apart, wearing the same jumper and shirt.

In the cracker barrel photo, I thought that she was Josie, magically aged 60 year overnight.

• Love 3
9 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

Spaghetti noodles?  no no no. Spaghetti is spaghetti.   Noodles are noodles. NOT THE SAME.

Also, a POUND of velvetta? <gag>

Well the velveeta is thinned out with a can of condensed cream of chick soup. There's your sodium intake for the next year.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, MamaMax said:

Spaghetti noodles?  no no no. Spaghetti is spaghetti.   Noodles are noodles. NOT THE SAME.

Also, a POUND of velvetta? <gag>

OK butting in to defend Anna's spaghetti noodles. Spaghetti are a type of noodle. Long, round, thin noodle. Sauce can be pretty much anything, doesn't have to be tomato based. Lots of older people actually call it noodles and gravy instead of spaghetti and sauce.

What we usually think of as spaghetti is spaghetti noodles with marinara (tomatoes, basil, garlic, sometimes other stuff) or bolognese (ground beef, ground pork, onion, carrot, celery, basil, garlic, bell pepper, etc.). One of the first foods babies usually eat is plain noodles with butter and parm, no tomato sauce.

I'm Italian. I know. 

• Love 9
2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

Well the velveeta is thinned out with a can of condensed cream of chick soup. There's your sodium intake for the next year.

Did they steal that recipe from the Pioneer Woman or Sandra Lee?

• Love 5
9 hours ago, ariel said:

Did they steal that recipe from the Pioneer Woman or Sandra Lee?

I know PW made it once on her show, but I'm not sure about Aunt Sandy. I have a feeling Chicken-etti is one of those recipes that's circulated around church potlucks for years.

16 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

OK butting in to defend Anna's spaghetti noodles. Spaghetti are a type of noodle. Long, round, thin noodle. Sauce can be pretty much anything, doesn't have to be tomato based. Lots of older people actually call it noodles and gravy instead of spaghetti and sauce.

What we usually think of as spaghetti is spaghetti noodles with marinara (tomatoes, basil, garlic, sometimes other stuff) or bolognese (ground beef, ground pork, onion, carrot, celery, basil, garlic, bell pepper, etc.). One of the first foods babies usually eat is plain noodles with butter and parm, no tomato sauce.

I'm Italian. I know. 

Me too, and I've heard people call it pasta, or macaroni, but not noodles. Noodles are like, egg noodles, or noodles in Chinese food.  It just sounds silly to me,  but of course, YMMV.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

Me too, and I've heard people call it pasta, or macaroni, but not noodles. Noodles are like, egg noodles, or noodles in Chinese food.  It just sounds silly to me,  but of course, YMMV.

Pasta could be noodles or macaroni lol. Noodles and macaroni are always pasta, but pasta isn't always noodles and macaroni, capisce? 

We never had anyone say 'macaroni' as a general term for pasta, but you're right, a lot of older people do that too.

it always throws me off when I see vermicelli in Indian food, but I digress.....Anna's concoction doesn't look very appetizing. I could see where spaghetti with a parm sauce and grilled chicken could be good, but she looses me at Velveeta and can of cream soup.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Ah yes, I love me a noodle.  Any kind. The three grandchildren had the "buttery noodle" phase too.  Someone on another coast referred to them as spaghetti noodles.  

My husband and I got into it once over pastine. In my family it is specifically little bitty star shaped pasta cooked in chicken broth and served with butter and parm. Food for babies and sick people.

His family any buttery noodle is pastine. 

• Love 2
8 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I know PW made it once on her show, but I'm not sure about Aunt Sandy. I have a feeling Chicken-etti is one of those recipes that's circulated around church potlucks for years.

My mother  made Chicken -ett I when I was a child. That was back in the late 60 early  70s, so it has been around  a while . She only made it  once but other familys I know lived it

• Love 1
2 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

My husband and I got into it once over pastine. In my family it is specifically little bitty star shaped pasta cooked in chicken broth and served with butter and parm. Food for babies and sick people.

His family any buttery noodle is pastine. 

For the record, you are right. 

• Love 4

I haven't looked at their recipe, but if it's anything like the chicken spaghetti I know of . . . well, I'm not ashamed to say it; I love that stuff! I only make it on the rarest of occasions (when I know my grown son will be around, so I can say it's for him) because it's heart attack food.

2 hours ago, Portia said:

I haven't looked at their recipe, but if it's anything like the chicken spaghetti I know of . . . well, I'm not ashamed to say it; I love that stuff! I only make it on the rarest of occasions (when I know my grown son will be around, so I can say it's for him) because it's heart attack food.

I think by the way you described chicken spaghetti, I think I know which dish you mean. it goes back to my childhood in the 70s..calling a simpler version of chicken cacciatore, "chicken spaghetti"..  Anna's version is chicken and spaghetti in a Velveeta, cream of slop sauce.

2 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

I don't think it meets the premade threshold that Snadra adheres too. 

Yeah, probably too high a percentage of chicken. But everything else certain qualifies under Aunt Sandy's criteria. 

18 minutes ago, awaken said:

Tickled to say that I bought chickenetti ingredients today!  All quality ingredients so if should be good :-). You all are tempting me over to the dark side!

With the Velveeta and cream soup? Please tell me no.

• Love 3
24 minutes ago, awaken said:

Tickled to say that I bought chickenetti ingredients today!  All quality ingredients so if should be good :-). You all are tempting me over to the dark side!

Most of the ingredients don't require refrigeration & will last in you pantry forever.  If you have a power outage, the Velveeta will glow in the dark.   ;)

• Love 4

Jill, Jessa, Jinger and soon Joy all out of the dorm. I hope they give Jana the room under the stairs like Harry Potter, or someplace to call her own. It's beyond ridiculous for her to be in a room with the lost girls. Is there a bed for each of the lost girls now? Boys dorm is still full ick.

• Love 4
7 hours ago, sometimesy said:

Jill, Jessa, Jinger and soon Joy all out of the dorm. I hope they give Jana the room under the stairs like Harry Potter, or someplace to call her own. It's beyond ridiculous for her to be in a room with the lost girls. Is there a bed for each of the lost girls now? Boys dorm is still full ick.

Once Joy marries the girls room will house Jana, Johannah, Jennie, Jordyn, and Josie.  And in the boys room we have 9 of the boys (excluding Josh), 5 of whom are adults.  That is a strange household.  Is Jana responsible for cooking for all of those adult men, in addition to raising the younger kids?

18 hours ago, Love2dance said:

With the Velveeta and cream soup? Please tell me no.

Ha, organic chicken cream soup, and mild cheddar instead of velveeta.  I'll try it this weekend and report back!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

And Josie got her mugshot?

Does she know that's not even a picture of herself?

Jackson will be 13 in less than 3 months.

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Justin is already 14? Where the hell has the time gone? Another Duggar driver terrorizing NWA behind the wheel...

Have Dillon or Famy ever lost their licenses? 

54 minutes ago, ariel said:

Is driving at 14 really legal in their state?  I know the southern states hate regulations, but if they allow 14 year olds to drive that is batsh*t crazy.

I'm pretty sure he has to be with a licensed driver 18 or older until he is either 15 1/2 or 16 and can get full licensure. 

I think DUI Dill had his license suspended for a while after his second offense. 

Edited by Sew Sumi