Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Amy writes a manifesto.

"Different phases in our lives"? With the exception of Deana and Michelle, they're all in the same baby-making phase. A phase they'll all remain in for the next 10 years or so.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
41 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

"Different phases in our lives"? With the exception of Deana and Michelle, they're all in the same baby-making phase. A phase they'll all remain in for the next 10 years or so.

Jana is not married. Johanna down to Ivy are still kids....Deanna and Michelle are post menopausal, so I get where she was coming from with that post. It was about all the women in the family spending time together. I would’ve called it a “multi-generational celebration” rather than “phase of life” but that’s just my way of phrasing things. 

• Love 21

And “different phases of our lives” in a more micro-sense also non-obviously acknowledges Joy’s recent loss, which I read as subtle and thoughtful/considerate.

Given that the major thing in Amy’s life has understandably been this pregnancy, my guess is she was also referring to the non-gestating/parenting (Jana and Laura, and the minor females/girls), the parenting but not-gestating or postpartum (Jing, Jill), and those doing the fourth trimester (Jessa), in contrast to her own and the Duggar in-laws’ pregnant phases. When you’re *in* those phases with your peers and friends, they do feel different, even though 5-20 years before or after those phases they’re kind of one phase. (No kids vs infants vs school-aged vs teens, etc.)

• Love 13

I get why Jessa is in the back with Jill and Anna, they are the tallest of the women. I was thinking more that regardless of which baby it is, he/she always seems to be near Jana. I mean it would make more sense for Michelle to hold her own granddaughter, FFS. 

• Love 11
On 8/12/2019 at 10:18 AM, JoanArc said:

It is free to listen to, just click play, Jed’s bit is in the middle.  For someone that was homeschooled he cares a lot about local school boards. And yes, he sounds really really uneducated. 

In line with their thinking, those local school boards are hotbeds of the enemy, which continues to raise up armies to fight against the mighty armies  of Doug Phillips, Bill Gothard, and Jim Bob Duggar! They must be brought into line by Jed the Idiot and the other uniquely capable troops of these generals for the correct Jesus! 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
On 8/16/2019 at 6:55 PM, Oldernowiser said:

“To smoke what the world calls the finest cigars from around the world.”

Um, what?

Hey, that was my favorite part! My favorite part in the world! 

On 8/16/2019 at 7:27 PM, GeeGolly said:

Is whiskey and cigars a growing trend?

It was a growing trend in the late 90s. 

And for some years after that it was dwindling trend. 

I don't know what it is now. 

Although maybe things are different in Arkansas. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 2
16 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Although maybe things are different in Arkansas. 

We're usually a little--or a lot--behind. 😉

Most of the Arkansas guys I know drink whiskey, but they're not going to go to some hipster bar to drink their daily fifth of Jack. LOL 

And most of the hipster guys I know in Arkansas who actually live in Fayetteville might want something a little snootier than whiskey. Though I guess if it was snooty-enough whiskey, maybe that would work. 😂

• LOL 6
  • Love 1
On 8/24/2019 at 11:18 AM, Barb23 said:

Why am I not surprised Ivy is in her stroller in front Auntie Jana rather than her mother who is on the other side of the photo?

Apparently baby Ivy is with her real mother Jana. Jessa seems to love and care for her first two sons only. Jessa is, after all, her mother’s daughter. 

Edited by Westiepeach

Funny how Jessa's boys and Ben, have been to every event Jessa has gone to. Want to bet Jessa made it a girls event only? The one and only girls event until the incoming half dozen are born, then we'll see the return of the boys and Ben.

I feel bad for Amy and Deanna as Mary surely would have been there. Does Amy have a grandma on her father's side?

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 1
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Zella said:

We're usually a little--or a lot--behind. 😉

Most of the Arkansas guys I know drink whiskey, but they're not going to go to some hipster bar to drink their daily fifth of Jack. LOL 

And most of the hipster guys I know in Arkansas who actually live in Fayetteville might want something a little snootier than whiskey. Though I guess if it was snooty-enough whiskey, maybe that would work. 😂

Now that I'm in my late 30s, I appreciate a nice sippin whiskey especially bourbon.   I also enjoy a nice place to drink without idiotic college students.  I can't get that drunk anymore. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 2

I knew Amy was having a proper baby shower with her friends. She had the 'sprinkle' for the Duggars because they are cheap party poopers. I bet she even foot the bill for everyone. 

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 9
5 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

I want to punch that idiotic face.

We could sell raffle tickets. To me, his stupid mug says, "look at how many lives I've ruined! 19 kids and I've stifled every one of them!"

2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Howlers, current and former, howlin'. Second slide is a video.

"Hey, kids, let's sing a dirge about hope!"

That is the least hopeful-sounding song about hope I've ever heard. It sounds like it is pitched too low for most of them, it is crazy slow in tempo, and they all sound medicated. I'd say keep your day jobs except they don't believe in day jobs. Or jobs of any kind.

Edited by jcbrown
  • Love 7
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Now that I'm in my late 30s, I appreciate a nice sippin whiskey especially bourbon.   I also enjoy a nice place to drink without idiotic college students.  I can't get that drunk anymore. 

Is it wrong that my 26 year old son turned me on to Irish Whiskey? Seriously, Jameson. Especially Coopers Croze. 

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Is it wrong that my 26 year old son turned me on to Irish Whiskey? Seriously, Jameson. Especially Coopers Croze. 

Nope. Not wrong a bit. Thanks, son!

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Other than wine,  my husband only drinks Scotch.  Single malt scotch.   Glenlivet.  The older the better.  The older the more expensive.

A caveat.  One sip puts me to sleep!

• Love 1

I don't understand why the Duggar ladies couldn't have attended the 'regular' baby shower for Amy? Why did they need their very own one? I don't think drinking and such would have been at Amy's baby shower. It usually is not included in such an event. I think it elitist of them to have a separate one for her. They're telling Amy that she really isn't 'good enough' for them. That family really stinks.

• Love 10
16 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Howlers, current and former, howlin'. Second slide is a video.

Probably need to change their nickname now. Balding Boy Band still works, I guess, but they don't seem to be Howling these days. This rendition suggests The Dreary Droners as a possibility. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, floridamom said:

I don't understand why the Duggar ladies couldn't have attended the 'regular' baby shower for Amy? Why did they need their very own one? I don't think drinking and such would have been at Amy's baby shower. It usually is not included in such an event. I think it elitist of them to have a separate one for her. They're telling Amy that she really isn't 'good enough' for them. That family really stinks.

Maybe Amy's friends didn't want them to come! 

I wouldn't want to have to invite Meeechelle to a party.... 😀

• LOL 12
  • Love 6