Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

39 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Does anyone know the physical address of Amy's shop? Then the owner of the parcel can be looked up. I bet it's some type of "Duggar" enterprise.

It's on the website. 

3130 Clothing (Arkansas store location)

7321 W Sunset Suite B

Springdale Arkansas 72762

• Useful 2
  • Love 1

She’s observant and strong, loving and loyal?

So she’s a German Shepherd puppy.

Mmmmkay.

(I confess I lose track...is this spawn a MeBoob child? Because it’s IMPOSSIBLE for me to envision Michelle as a pet person. Hell, any of them. It’s too much work.)

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

Mmmmkay.

Gotta say, I give them one-thousandth of one point for using the adjective strong to describe a girl-child.  

• Love 20
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

Mmmmkay.

(I confess I lose track...is this spawn a MeBoob child? Because it’s IMPOSSIBLE for me to envision Michelle as a pet person. Hell, any of them. It’s too much work.)

Jenni is #17. Jana probably wrote the message although Jenni's fondness for animals is documented. Hell, a leghumper could have written that. But not Michelle.

9 hours ago, mimionthebeach said:

Jenni is #17. Jana probably wrote the message although Jenni's fondness for animals is documented. Hell, a leghumper could have written that. But not Michelle.

So...”you have your mother’s love for animals” IS referring to Michelle?

Because oh hell no.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 9
3 hours ago, Portia said:

Gotta say, I give them one-thousandth of one point for using the adjective strong to describe a girl-child.  

Negative points because neither of her parents wrote it. The way they worded the animal lover section gave them away. Guess that means Jana is back home.

• Love 5
58 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Negative points because neither of her parents wrote it. The way they worded the animal lover section gave them away. Guess that means Jana is back home.

I think it's marginal progress for Jana to compliment her little sister for being strong, considering that 12-year-old Jana was likely instructed by her own mother to be nothing but godly, sweet, obedient, and possibly longsuffering. 

• Love 8
On 8/2/2019 at 4:06 PM, Westiepeach said:

Or like someone mentioned, I don’t recall who said it, but whoever you are, you are my BFF. 

“Salad Dressing and Ranch.”

i love you. 

That would be me. I love you, too!

Re: Jenni's Birthday

There are two brown-haired girls in Jenni's birthday photo that I don't think are Duggars. Does that mean she actually has non-family, age appropriate friends? That's got to be a first for a non-married, underage Duggar.

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 2
19 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

So...”you have your mother’s love for animals” IS referring to Michelle?

Because oh hell no.

Maybe its in comparison to her love for her children.  Animals might well be higher on the scale when compared to Michelle's affection for her kids.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

There are two brown-haired girls in Jenni's birthday photo that I don't think are Duggars. Does that mean she actually has non-family, age appropriate friends? That's got to be a first for a non-married, underage Duggar.

The brown haired girl on the right is a cousin that seems to hang around a lot; she went to the sewing camp with Jordyn and McKynzie awhile back. (She's from Michelle's side so probably a second cousin of the kids?) Don't know about the other brown haired girl, but the blonde in the middle is Lauren Swanson's sister, I think. With all the recent marriages, I think the Duggar friend pool (or rather, family/ in-law pool) has expanded a bit, which I suppose is nice for the Lost Girls.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
3 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

The brown haired girl on the right is a cousin that seems to hang around a lot; she went to the sewing camp with Jordyn and McKynzie awhile back. (She's from Michelle's side so probably a second cousin of the kids?) Don't know about the other brown haired girl, but the blonde in the middle is Lauren Swanson's sister, I think. With all the recent marriages, I think the Duggar friend pool (or rather, family/ in-law pool) has expanded a bit, which I suppose is nice for the Lost Girls.

Yeah that's cousin Emily who's a second cousin of the kids. Her father Will Peters is Michelle's nephew and Dwain Swanson's ministry partner. I bring that up a lot, because it boggles my mind that Lauren Duggar's father is a ministry partner with Michelle's nephew and has been since long before the marriage. Also we've seen a lot more of Emily since the Swansons came to town.

Speaking of the Swansons, they have four girls and those other girls in that photo both look like Swansons to me. 

I pray at least some of these young women escape the cult. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

All I remember is when Michelle put the kittens in the drink container.

I seem to remember that it was said that Michelle had once worked in a vet's office--maybe when she was in high school?  Maybe she cleaned the cages and fed the animals.  But she was the one who said that baby kittens like to in the pitcher, and I'm pretty sure she said she learned that at her job at the vet's office.  In that episode, Boob kept finding litters of kittens in the walls of the property they were working on, and he kept bringing them home.  I also remember the boys who were small at the time scooping out the litter box with their bare hands.  This was when the howlers were in "school".

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

There was also the picture of her holding the raccoon that we were mocking on here awhile back. And wasn't there something with her and horseback riding, or am I making that up? (I can't picture her on a horse, or her approving of an unmarried daughter riding astride, or her doing anything one-on-one with one of the Lost Girls other than Josie, and yet I keep thinking she took one of them riding? Maybe even Jenni?)

• Love 4
On 8/3/2019 at 2:19 PM, Portia said:

Oh, she meant strong enough to carry the boys' laundry downstairs, silly.

• LOL 3
3 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I also remember the boys who were small at the time scooping out the litter box with their bare hands.  This was when the howlers were in "school".

We need a barf button!

• LOL 1
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, CalicoKitty said:

I seem to remember that it was said that Michelle had once worked in a vet's office--maybe when she was in high school?  Maybe she cleaned the cages and fed the animals.  But she was the one who said that baby kittens like to in the pitcher, and I'm pretty sure she said she learned that at her job at the vet's office.  In that episode, Boob kept finding litters of kittens in the walls of the property they were working on, and he kept bringing them home.  I also remember the boys who were small at the time scooping out the litter box with their bare hands.  This was when the howlers were in "school".

I'm remembering the same thing . I'm pretty sure she said she worked at a vet's office when she was younger or maybe she volunteered at an animal shelter & called it a vet's office.  I think it was the same episode when they showed her & some of the kids taking the kittens for a check up at the vets. IIRC, the vet acted like they were old buddies & frequent flyers when TLC probably found them in the phone book that morning. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3

I watched the Little Couple last evening. Their little girl, Zoey, is 7. She's a riot. Honestly, I'm wrestling in my head with whether I'm accurately impressed with her because she's to tiny. I'm unsure if my signals are crossing and making my judgement a bit confused.

Anyway, when I compare her to Josie it's sad. Zoey has a great imagination and is filled with all kinds of opinions. I'd love to see Zoey and Josie interacting.

• Love 13
On 8/8/2019 at 5:07 AM, GeeGolly said:

I watched the Little Couple last evening. Their little girl, Zoey, is 7. She's a riot. Honestly, I'm wrestling in my head with whether I'm accurately impressed with her because she's to tiny. I'm unsure if my signals are crossing and making my judgement a bit confused.

Anyway, when I compare her to Josie it's sad. Zoey has a great imagination and is filled with all kinds of opinions. I'd love to see Zoey and Josie interacting.

I love Zoey!!! She’s absolutely adorable and could definitely school Josie on some things.  I feel like Josie is more adventurous in her tastes for food and trying new experiences  than some of her siblings. It really is unfortunate that she is so limited in what she can and cannot do.  She strikes me as the kind of child who never meets a stranger, and would friend people quickly.  For all her quirks, I think she is a sweet kid in a shitty situation.  

• Love 6

I’ve started to like grandma Mary much more since I started following Amy. Whoever knew how close they were and how much they did together? Amy has been way out there, and the fact that Mary was there and loved her so much made me see her as much more than Jim Bob’s birther and laundry doer. 

• Love 9
9 hours ago, EmeraldGirl said:

I’ve started to like grandma Mary much more since I started following Amy. Whoever knew how close they were and how much they did together? Amy has been way out there, and the fact that Mary was there and loved her so much made me see her as much more than Jim Bob’s birther and laundry doer. 

Maybe, putting two and two together, grandma Mary willed the money for a shop expansion to Amy...?

Not entirely sure about the veterinary office job, but it looks like I have to give a point to Michelle here:

https://meowbox.com/blog/2014/9/why-cats-love-small-spaces

But how do you explain why and how they are able to cram themselves into the most perplexing places (e.g. a flower vase), the kind that cats choose to sleep in instead of the expensive, luxury cat bed you just bought them? Lucky for these crazy critters, their flexible spines allow them to squeeze themselves into the confined spaces, so it’s no big deal for them to cram their furry bodies into a small basket or shoe box. According to The Daily Cat, cats do this simply because they can! They also add that this behaviour might be due to their desire to preserve body heat and a smaller surface area accommodates this.

• Useful 2
  • LOL 1
1 hour ago, queenanne said:

Maybe, putting two and two together, grandma Mary willed the money for a shop expansion to Amy...?

Not entirely sure about the veterinary office job, but it looks like I have to give a point to Michelle here:

https://meowbox.com/blog/2014/9/why-cats-love-small-spaces

We had a giant cat who tried to get into tiny earring boxes!  Of course just a bit of his fur ever made it.  So, there's that 

• LOL 10
On 8/9/2019 at 12:07 PM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I feel like Josie is more adventurous in her tastes for food and trying new experiences  than some of her siblings. It really is unfortunate that she is so limited in what she can and cannot do.  She strikes me as the kind of child who never meets a stranger, and would friend people quickly.  For all her quirks, I think she is a sweet kid in a shitty situation.  

I have all kinds of hope for Josie...she and Jackson love the limelight and if any kids are going to plot an escape, it will probably be these two.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, drafan said:

She strikes me as the kind of child who never meets a stranger, and would friend people quickly.  For all her quirks, I think she is a sweet kid in a shitty situation.  

I think she's also a very lonely child. Her older siblings probably resent her for all the attention she received as Michelle's "precious miracle" and ignore her as much as they can. And even though Michelle and Jim Bob got a lot of mileage out of prancing their little show pony around at Right-to-Life rallies, they probably drop her like a hot potato as soon as the cameras stop rolling. She may go for long stretches without anyone in the family talking to her or even noticing her much.

• Useful 1
7 hours ago, drafan said:

I have all kinds of hope for Josie...she and Jackson love the limelight and if any kids are going to plot an escape, it will probably be these two.

They can go hang out with Jeremy. He loves the limelight too! Of course, he probably does not want to share it. He wants all the pocket square money for himself.

• Love 6
52 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

They can go hang out with Jeremy. He loves the limelight too! Of course, he probably does not want to share it. He wants all the pocket square money for himself.

Sorry...Josie isn’t nearly photogenic enough for the RFP AND she’s not his DNA on parade. No chance.

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
8 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Sorry...Josie isn’t nearly photogenic enough for the RFP AND she’s not his DNA on parade. No chance.

I still think that she will grow into a very pretty girl. She will need braces, obviously (I'm far from being fixated on teeth needing to be perfect, but hers look way beyond the endearing little quirk), and it's a shame her hair seems to be so sparse, but that's potentially something which can be remedied with a good style. Maybe she will be the first of the Duggars to seek that. Otherwise, she looks a great deal like Michelle, who has very pretty features herself.

• Love 2
12 hours ago, Temperance said:

It seems to cost money to listen to, but thanks for posting.

Jed is technically a lonely J and the oldest single Duggar after Jana!

It is free to listen to, just click play, Jed’s bit is in the middle.  For someone that was homeschooled he cares a lot about local school boards. And yes, he sounds really really uneducated. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, Zella said:

Dare I ask what his thoughts on school boards are?

For a long time now, the religious right, Tea Party, etc., have focused on winning seats on local school boards, as well as other local elected offices. (See this 1993 article from LA.)  These are usually races that don't attract a lot of publicity, and candidates often slide into office without close examination of their affiliations and overall philosophy. Many of the races are officially nonpartisan which makes it really easy to soft-pedal one's party affiliation when that would help win unaffiliated votes. Winning control of school boards (city councils, etc.) allows a party or group to shape policy on a local level and is a good way for politicians of any sort to gain experience and build support systems that will be a springboard to higher office. 

I'm sure that in the political circles where he moves, there's a lot of talk about "school choice," i.e. vouchers and charter schools. In our area not long ago, a couple of suburban school boards were successfully targeted by an organized campaign of pro-voucher/anti-union interests. After a few years of controversy, the voters chose a different direction for their school boards in subsequent elections.

So if he's talking about school boards, he's probably spouting what he's being taught. I hope this doesn't delve too far into politics. I'm just trying to provide context for his social media posts since the question was asked. (BTW I'm not saying that only conservative political groups run candidates for school boards. Just that it's long been something that some such groups pay attention to, perhaps more than other groups have done, although I think that may not be quite so true lately.)

Edited by Jeeves
  • Useful 13
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Zella said:

Dare I ask what his thoughts on school boards are?

I'm guessing how important it is for people to be involved in their local school board because they set the standards for the district.  Even though a Duggar would never step foot into a public school, their curriculum needs to align with the Duggars' world view--comprehensive sex education is bad, evolution is bad, climate change is bad, teachers' unions are bad, trans kids are bad and do not deserve any rights, etc.   

I will say that many local school boards are elected positions and rarely require their members to have any knowledge on how public schools actually operate.  I will admit that I rarely vote in the local public school elections because I do not have any kids.  There are openings for a Duggar-like person to get on a local school board because of voter apathy.  

• Love 11
6 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I'm guessing how important it is for people to be involved in their local school board because they set the standards for the district.  Even though a Duggar would never step foot into a public school, their curriculum needs to align with the Duggars' world view--comprehensive sex education is bad, evolution is bad, climate change is bad, teachers' unions are bad, trans kids are bad and do not deserve any rights, etc.   

I will say that many local school boards are elected positions and rarely require their members to have any knowledge on how public schools actually operate.  I will admit that I rarely vote in the local public school elections because I do not have any kids.  There are openings for a Duggar-like person to get on a local school board because of voter apathy.  

Yes, I would imagine he is interested in school boards insofar as they influence the curriculum and rules and regulations at the local level.  The school board often has a say in the choice of books to be used in various classes and there are religious conservatives who have fought for 'Creation Science' to be taught as being just as valid as the big bang theory and evolution and require that exactly the same amount of time be spent teaching it.  There are textbooks which cater to this crowd and, if a school board can vote on an earth science text that includes 'Creation Science' and claims that global warming is a hoax; he or she can influence the education of kids in their district for years to come. Insisting that abstinence only education be taught to the exclusion of any other option for preventing teen pregnancy or STD's is also a favorite of this crowd and they have been successful in many communities.

They can also influence dress codes and other expressions of personal values by students and force conformity on the masses.  Requiring all tattoos be covered is popular as is restricting piercings to one hole/one earring per earlobe and no piercings/earrings anywhere else.

• Love 5