Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

3 minutes ago, Portia said:

Surely you're not comparing a beautifully pregnant young woman in very standard beachwear to an old guy in a Speedo...? And since you brought up those old guys...old and/or overweight people have every right to enjoy the beach without being body shamed. 

I loved going to the Ocean City, MD beaches and boardwalk.  Families and all others from  NJ,  Delaware,  MD, and VA, all having fun, enjoying the day, warts and all.  Especially the warts and all part.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
(edited)

Usually I'm a prude about these kind of pictures but I like Amy's.  I'm not sure if this was said, but the picture of her in the green & red bikini is supposed to be an optical illusion type of picture.  Her husband is in the distance & it looks like he is leaning on her belly from the way the picture was taken.  

I agree with @doodlebug, I'd rather see Amy's type of pictures than Jessa's bathroom ones.

ETA:   @fonfereksglen, As a lifelong Marylander, thanks for the shoutout about Ocean City.  Nothing better than the boardwalk with Thrasher's fries, Candy Kitchen taffy & fudge & Fisher's popcorn. 

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 12

My opinion is that beer-gutted men in speedos do NOT look good to me at all. Pregnant women in bikinis do not look good to me either. You should wear what looks good for the body type you have; has nothing to do with body shaming anyone.

I agree that Amy looks very good in the two piece (full-bottomed photo). Don't care for the red & green bikini though. Not tasteful to me. This is just my opinion, I know others may disagree and that's ok.

• Love 4
47 minutes ago, floridamom said:

My opinion is that beer-gutted men in speedos do NOT look good to me at all. Pregnant women in bikinis do not look good to me either. You should wear what looks good for the body type you have; has nothing to do with body shaming anyone.

I agree that Amy looks very good in the two piece (full-bottomed photo). Don't care for the red & green bikini though. Not tasteful to me. This is just my opinion, I know others may disagree and that's ok.

I actually agree with the bulk of what you have said. Problem is fashion coming into play, and people who are old farts (like me) who were raised to completely different standards, not even of modesty but just simple aesthetics, just finding certain things visually jarring when there is really nothing really objectively wrong with a certain look outside of it not being what we are used to seeing. I'll grant that it's hard for me to personally see the beauty in acres of flesh, especially of the wobbly variety (so pregnant bellies get a pass here) being on display rather than at least lightly draped, but, again, that's subjective. It's just like other types of fashion - like, for instance, the sight of pants so baggy that the belt holding them up is somehow fastened literally around the upper thighs might look ridiculous to me, but might be the height of cool to someone else who cannot even imagine wearing pants to fit around the waist (or even hips). Is that trend dying out yet, by the way? I keep hearing that it is, but I keep seeing it out there anyway.

Back to beachwear - I would never go to the beach in a revealing bikini because as an overweight sixty-year old woman with multiple surgical scars all over my lower belly I can't imagine that anyone would really be comfortable with seeing all that, but if one comes right down to it, that can just be seen as my own insecurities. I'm still not going to do it. But if someone is comfortable and confident in their own skin, that's really their own business, and even if I don't particularly care to see it, I'll also keep my mouth shut because my opinion is just my opinion and they are not hurting anyone. 

The only actual somewhat objective problem I find with Amy's green and red bikini (I love her more full-coverage one) is that I have found, as a person with a significantly rounded lower belly, that if I try to wear anything even remotely spandex-y which doesn't come up to "mom-jeans" fit at the waist, there's always more than a slight chance that it's going to start rolling downwards, and the bottom of her bikini on that photo kind of looks as though it's barely managing not to roll down past the point of no return at any moment.

• Love 15
19 hours ago, Aunt Catfish said:

Is the red and green combo for Christmas in July or something?  Does anyone out there agree with me that a little modesty might be called for in this case?  Not sure why we need to see this.  It reminds me of living in Florida in the eighties.  The sight of beer gutted old guys in Speedos is burned into my memory!

I thought she was channeling Ariel from The Little Mermaid (like a Mermaid bikini)  

I think she looks fine. If non pregnant women, and men expose their bellies in swimsuits I don’t see anything wrong with her doing it. She is at the BEACH, not even a summer time event or party where stomachs are often exposed. 

• Love 12
1 hour ago, EmeraldGirl said:

Jill liked the bikini posts! I guess the emoji battle of the century is over. 

Has Amy liked anything of Jill's lately? I can totally see Jill thinking they're on good terms, Emoji Wars or not, and Amy still being pissed at her. 

• Love 8

In the 2000s, we had Aiden, Braeden, Caden, Hayden, and Jayden. 

Now it's Axton, Braxton,  Daxton, Jaxton, Maxton, and Paxton. All of these names are from the U S top 1000. Daxton was 296 last year. 

I think names like this are more popular with fundies, because they want to use names no one else in the family has. Chelsy and John's kid Axton Maxwell has 3 first cousins and many more to come on mom's side and 13 and counting on Dad's side. Amy's kid will have a lot of second cousins on her side and maybe some cousins on Dad's side.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
3 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Wow, sometimes I wish "classic" names (or dare I say "common") would become trendy.

Some old school girl names are gaining popularity again. Violet, Daisy, Jane and Evelyn to name a few.

Also, I believe Michael, James and David always remain fairly popular.

My one rule about a name is, it should be easy and pleasant to say. Daxton doesn't check the pleasant to say box, IMO.

• Love 10
52 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Some old school girl names are gaining popularity again. Violet, Daisy, Jane and Evelyn to name a few.

Also, I believe Michael, James and David always remain fairly popular.

My one rule about a name is, it should be easy and pleasant to say. Daxton doesn't check the pleasant to say box, IMO.

All these names with the letter X followed by TON just sound pretentious to me.  It's like the full name should be followed by Esq. or the third (III).  Fancy handle for a kid who will probably have a nickname like Spud or Booger!

• LOL 11
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree with you.  Any of the "axton" first names with my last name is a mouthful  not to mention sounding like a stripper. 

I'm sure there will be a new set of popular names by the time Son of Barb has a kid.

• Love 2

What's weird is that Dax is already a traditional name -- it's literally ancient, from pre-Roman France (and the name of a city). It's not super common, but off the top of my head, there's Dax Shepard.

I actually really like the name Dax, but being familiar with it makes Daxton sound especially bizarre. Like naming your kid Davidton or Brandonton. Oh well. I'm happy with how happy Amy looks, in any case. She's really glowing and seems to be having the time of her life.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Wow, sometimes I wish "classic" names (or dare I say "common") would become trendy.

My elderly Aunt Ada died recently and her six weeks old great granddaughter is named Ada.  Very old school name but quite lovely on the tiny baby.

My nephew and his wife both have trendy names and they named their new daughter Anna.

• Love 4
(edited)
2 hours ago, rue721 said:

What's weird is that Dax is already a traditional name -- it's literally ancient, from pre-Roman France (and the name of a city). It's not super common, but off the top of my head, there's Dax Shepard.

I actually really like the name Dax, but being familiar with it makes Daxton sound especially bizarre. Like naming your kid Davidton or Brandonton. Oh well. I'm happy with how happy Amy looks, in any case. She's really glowing and seems to be having the time of her life.

I actually like the name "Dax" by itself as well, but can understand wanting there to be a more formal version of it as an actual name. Problem is, as everyone seems to more or less agree, "Daxton" is just not a pleasant-sounding word or name. I was actually trying to figure out, earlier, what might work better. Daxwell? Daxford? Daxwood? Daxler? (I'd stay away from Daxson as that would pretty much inevitably bring Dachshunds to mind). The possibilities are almost endless, and there's got to be something better-sounding than Daxton out there.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 4
3 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

Amy gets to announce her unborn baby's name in People? Jill and Jessa are going to be fuming over this!

People is just creating an "article" from Amy's Instagram post.  She is not compensated for this, but People makes money from the ads.  It was probably written by an intern.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

A 30-something racist twit I used to work with (and who has been drinking God know what kind of Kook-Aid since birth) named her second Daxton.  If I would have read Amy was using it first, I would probably say it's not my favorite, but it's not horrible either.  However, since the "queen-who-is-always-perched-on-her-pedestal' took it first, I dislike it immensely.  She must be getting nosebleeds on a daily basis from her altitude.  I'm guessing you can tell I dislike his mother as well.

• Love 1

Among my friends & family, we have little Braxton, Braxley, Dexon, Jaxon, and Miss Nyxsen, so Daxton sounds pretty par for the course. And, as @BetyBee stated, it's still a better name than Spurgeon.

• Love 3
On ‎7‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 11:36 PM, Temperance said:

In the 2000s, we had Aiden, Braeden, Caden, Hayden, and Jayden. 

Now it's Axton, Braxton,  Daxton, Jaxton, Maxton, and Paxton. All of these names are from the U S top 1000. Daxton was 296 last year. 

I think names like this are more popular with fundies, because they want to use names no one else in the family has. Chelsy and John's kid Axton Maxwell has 3 first cousins and many more to come on mom's side and 13 and counting on Dad's side. Amy's kid will have a lot of second cousins on her side and maybe some cousins on Dad's side.

with the exception of Joe & Kendra's little Garrett.....that's Joe's middle name, named after his grandfather, Josh & Anna also have a Mason Garrett..is  it odd that they all use the same name?? 

35 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I’m shocked she’s still in business.  The fact that the store is moving after being only open for six months is not the best sign, at least to my uneducated eyes. 

I can't imagine its doing so well that it is moving to a larger or a second location. 

• Love 3
39 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I’m shocked she’s still in business.  The fact that the store is moving after being only open for six months is not the best sign, at least to my uneducated eyes. 

from what I saw in Amy’s Instagram story, she IS expanding - she’s adding the space next door to her current shop. I’m surprised too. 

• Useful 11
1 hour ago, OpieTaylor said:

from what I saw in Amy’s Instagram story, she IS expanding - she’s adding the space next door to her current shop. I’m surprised too. 

The larger the write off, I guess?

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
2 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

Maybe she cut a deal with the strip mall owner?  I seem to recall it not being in a high-traffic area.

Makes me wonder if Uncle Boob is the landlord? Maybe she will be expanding and selling junk merchandise from a new Duggar line? Or selling those fun shirts that say Duggar Studios or precious Nuries homemade necklaces/bracelets?

• Love 1
54 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

Makes me wonder if Uncle Boob is the landlord? Maybe she will be expanding and selling junk merchandise from a new Duggar line? Or selling those fun shirts that say Duggar Studios or precious Nuries homemade necklaces/bracelets?

Citrus and Lemons? The actual fruit, I mean.

Pretty Woman cosplay gear?

• LOL 6
15 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Citrus and Lemons? The actual fruit, I mean.

Pretty Woman cosplay gear?

Or like someone mentioned, I don’t recall who said it, but whoever you are, you are my BFF. 

“Salad Dressing and Ranch.”

i love you. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3