Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

Since Joshie isn't in the wedding party, Anna will be walking up the aisle with someone else after the ceremony and Smuggar won't be able to grab all the attention by sucking face with her in the middle of the aisle again. 

• Love 1

Just from personal experience, it may be the cancer itself and not chemo that has his mom so weak. My mother didn't start her chemo for pancreatic cancer until the week after my wedding. She was able to walk down the aisle, but had to go back to hotel between ceremony & reception to rest. Maybe Dericks mom just wanted to conserve energy. I feel for him.

I hope to god she isn't used as an example of anything by Duggars. I wld throat punch. Hard

• Love 3

Also, Derrick is a child of a divorced family. I wonder how Boob and J'Chelle feel about that.

Derick's father passed away in 2008. Then his mom re-married.

Jill's hair needs at least a gallon of heavy-duty conditioner. I'm sure it will look better today (saw her hair idea on Pinterest).

I'm a Snarky-McSnarkerton, but even I can't critique Derick or his mom. They just seem too nice. Hope his mom gets there today.

Okay, when someone mentioned guns on the registry I got a little alarmed.  I am a complete 2nd Amendment supporter, but purchasing guns for someone else is called a straw man purchase and is illegal!  It's a damn felony!  Now, if people were to give gift cards specifially for a purchase of a gun so the actual owner wants to buy it, fine and dandy.  But otherwise...auugh!!

• Love 5
(edited)

A straw man purchase is only if you buy a gun for someone who is not legally permitted to own one.  You can give guns as gifts, that is perfectly legal.  (The recent case was one where someone gave money to someone else to buy a gun for them, which is different from using your own money and then giving the gun away.)

From the, I'm sure not at all biased source "guns.com"

http://www.guns.com/2014/06/18/nssf-supreme-court-decision-on-straw-purchases-does-not-make-gift-purchases-of-firearms-illegal/

Edited by Skittl1321
  • Love 2
(edited)

I have a difficult time believing anyone would give a gun as a wedding gift. What the hell ever happened to dishes and cookware or just giving cash and letting the couple decide how to spend it?

As far as all the sex advice goes, it would not surprise me in the least if JB and Mullet followed the newlyweds tonight to their motel and camped out in the room next door with their ears to the wall - just to be sure Jill was properly performing her wifely duty and in case either she or Derick needed any instructions. The Duggars' approach to physical contact is like allowing a teenager to get a learner's permit to drive a car, never letting him practice, and then setting him lose on the freeway the first day he is eligible for a license.

Edited by Hpmec
  • Love 7

I thought Derrick's parents divorced, and then later, his dad died, no ?

No.  Apparently we have our latest internet rumor to have to repeatedly debunk.  Derick's parents never divorced. 

• Love 1

Michelle has given Jill marriage advice and of course, it's mainly about sex and her vicariously admitting that the sex is mostly just to fill Jim Bob's needs, not her own. Think I read it on Starcasm.

So sad. Girls who are raised to avoid all contact with boys, including casual conversation, and who are taught not to even think about sex, need at the least a primer on how to attain orgasm --- and that it's OKAY -- and her husband will really enjoy seeing her response! And that absolutely nothing about it is dirty or wrong. Check out the Song of Solomon (that's in the Bible).

(edited)

Aw, they look really sweet.  I love Derick's suit and Jill's veil.  Very pretty colors for a summer wedding. Also, good for Derick for not gellin' up his hair or shaving.  Jill could have done something a bit more with her hair, but oh well.

Congrats to the happy couple.

Edited by SaharaTea
  • Love 1

They look good -- love her veil, his suit and tie, and the flowers -- and they both look so happy. Does he always have those huge bags under this eyes though?? Don't remember seeing those before but he look like he's exhausted or has been crying.

(edited)

Don't remember seeing those before but he look like he's exhausted or has been crying.

He probably didn't sleep well the night before his wedding, between normal jitters and his Mom's health. And I bet the day was exhausting. Most weddings are.

Looks like Jill went for the barely there cap sleeve. Quite a bit of shoulder showing for a Duggar.

Edited by Skittl1321
  • Love 5

Ugh hearing about Derricks mother is heart wrenching. She seems so pure and genuine. I was hoping Jill could have a close relationship with her. Also it would be nice to see D&J's kids have a close grandmother figure. 

I really hope his mom was well enough today to at least be at the ceremony and some part of the reception for Derick's sake. He lost his dad so young and now for his mom to be sick before he's barely even married and has his own family is awful. Longer term Jill and her kids would do great having Derick's mom's influence on them -- to teach them they can be Godly but still have regular lives and careers. I fear that with her health -- she and her husband will of course focus on her for a while which will give JB plenty of time to "take over" as the main in-law in the couples' lives.

• Love 1

Wow! That's a great picture of them. I love the colors of her bouquet and glad he wore gray instead of black for June. I wish I could have convinced my husband to wear gray (we had a May wedding) but he insisted on black - men can be very black an white can't they? :-p Her veil is gorgeous and reminds me of my own. Love the lace!  

• Love 1

I have a difficult time believing anyone would give a gun as a wedding gift. What the hell ever happened to dishes and cookware or just giving cash and letting the couple decide how to spend it?

As far as all the sex advice goes, it would not surprise me in the least if JB and Mullet followed the newlyweds tonight to their motel and camped out in the room next door with their ears to the wall - just to be sure Jill was properly performing her wifely duty and in case either she or Derick needed any instructions. The Duggars' approach to physical contact is like allowing a teenager to get a learner's permit to drive a car, never letting him practice, and then setting him lose on the freeway the first day he is eligible for a license.

Really?

I'm not surprised that they were practically sleeveless. This religion believes that the man has authority over the woman -- so if Jill and Alyssa Bates wanted to go sleeveless and Derick and John Webster had no issues with it, then their parents couldn't exactly stop them given that this is the day that authority is being transferred. The reason we didn't see it from Anna and Erin is that Josh and Chad are more fundie and likely would not have allowed it.

• Love 2

Aw, Jill looks so pretty! I like that her hair is down. Looks like "Jill hair," but a little more done... if that makes sense. I never liked the towering hair that some brides opt for - makes them look completely unlike themselves.

Oh, I like the flowers too.

I hope they have a fun night planned! (OK, you know we're all thinking it...)

• Love 2
(edited)

Good for Jill for going with the cap sleeves! I think we are seeing more of her style and personality lately because Derick has more authority over her now. I'm glad he "let" her go almost sleeveless. I love the lace in the parts that may have been defrauding--I probably would have chosen the same method of covering up myself. She looks great! I would have done the hair differently but she looks beautiful. (eta: Just as the poster above said, it's definitely Jill hair!)

I'm glad his mom got to attend the wedding. My heart would have been broken for them if she hadn't made it.

Edited by Spencer Hastings
  • Love 1
(edited)

Jill and all the J'Slaves have great hair for doing the typical wedding up-do, but based on Jill's dress and the fact that she has a longer neck, I am glad she wore is done.  Lovely!

I've seen those bags on Derrick before.

Edited by MrMattyMatt
  • Love 1

It's a nice dress, but it's very matronly. The dress is for a woman in her 40s. The ruching and draping across the stomach are meant to hide a pregnancy or a belly. It's not what I would have picked for her. Hopefully her reception dress with be a little more youthful.

• Love 2

It's a nice dress, but it's very matronly. The dress is for a woman in her 40s. The ruching and draping across the stomach are meant to hide a pregnancy or a belly. It's not what I would have picked for her. Hopefully her reception dress with be a little more youthful.

I don't think that fundies do separate reception dresses.

• Love 2

I doubt she has a reception dress.  Most weddings like hers have the reception at the church, and the wedding party stays in their clothes they wore for the ceremony.

Derick could have serious allergies and isn't taking anything for them hence the dark circles under his eyes. If I had to go to the Duggar compound I would have to be heavily medicated because I would DIE with all that grass.

Jill looks lovely and Derick looks handsome! Waiting for more pictures!

• Love 1

For a fundie it's a very youthful dress.  I've seen a lot of 20 somethings in dresses like that recently.  The ruching is very popular as an ornament.  And no, there will be no separate reception dress.  In fact I've only seen one wedding with a separate reception dress and that's because the wife wore a sari for ceremony and wanted a fancy white dress so changed for the reception.

• Love 2
(edited)

I've never heard of a "Reception Dress"!?!  I have a polish background and after the 2 hour long wedding mass, eveyone headed to the reception immediately to eat drink and dance all night to polka music.  By the time it was all over the wedding dress was usually in pieces!

Edited by MrMattyMatt
  • Love 4

I've never heard of a "Reception Dress"!?!  I have a polish background and after the 2 hour long wedding mass, eveyone headed to the resecption immediately to eat drink and dance all night to polka music.  By the time it was all over the wedding dress was usually in pieces!

It's a relatively new thing (I think) which basically exists so that women get to wear (and buy) not just one, but two overpriced dresses on their wedding day. Sometimes they wear a more modest, formal gown for the ceremony (especially if they are in a church that requires sleeves) and then a short and/or strapless dress for the reception. Other brides just buy two completely different traditional bridal gowns and change before the reception. I would be curious to know where this phenomenon originated - my suspicion is "Say Yes to the Dress."

• Love 4

They look so happy - congratulations to them. 

Her dress is lovely - such a relief after all of the "hospital gowns" that are paraded down the aisles lately (you know, where anyone on the guest list can be the bride's gyno or give her a mammogram).

I hope they had a wonderful day and am glad that Derick's mom could be there, good health vibes to her for sure. 

• Love 1
(edited)

I think she looks beautiful.

But, wow, she's showing both her collarbone AND arms....that's gotta be the fundie equivalent of a Say Yes to the Dress slutty Pnina bride.

She should've had about 6 inches trimmed off that scraggle when she got the highlights, but no biggie...she looks very natural and pretty.

Glad his mom made it.

ETA: I've only been to one wedding where the bride had two dresses....a borrowed one for the ceremony, then a vintage dress (knee-length) for the reception.

Edited by drafan

I would be curious to know where this phenomenon originated - my suspicion is "Say Yes to the Dress."

Yah I think your right. A reception dress is definitely something of excess that the "industry" has caused brides to feel like they need more than one dress just so they can make more money. I am not a huge fan of the whole notion. As the French would say, "tout ce qui sera sera." I personally loved my ONE dress way too much to only wear it for just the ceremony. The Duggars usually do not give into cultural fads such as this one that says a bride needs more than one dress, so Jill most definitely will only be wearing one dress today. 

So sad. Girls who are raised to avoid all contact with boys, including casual conversation, and who are taught not to even think about sex, need at the least a primer on how to attain orgasm --- and that it's OKAY -- and her husband will really enjoy seeing her response! And that absolutely nothing about it is dirty or wrong. Check out the Song of Solomon (that's in the Bible).

Right, I wish someone had bought her a vibrator instead of a gun. Happiness is a warm gun, hehe.

Really?

It sounded like a very apt comparison to me.

• Love 1