Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

5 hours ago, Talky Tina said:

Could he have developed an opiate addiction while having his mouth worked on?  Addiction can turn people into raging assholes. 

Just a thought. 

It's a tricky catch-22, isn't it? Chronic pain can cause major negative personality changes, but medication can have side effects that cause personality changes, too,  and so can abuse if those medicatiins. Not that we know any of these to be true of Derick. 

• Love 6
(edited)
On 2/25/2019 at 6:36 AM, allonsyalice said:

I own a jumpsuit, but it’s nothing like Jill’s. Navy blue, strapless, pedal pushers, its the perfect outfit for a night out. (The only bad thing is that I literally have to get naked to pee)

the thing about Jill’s is that it does nothing for her. It’s not a flattering cut or colour, but i guess if she likes it, then its none of my business 

The getting naked to pee is the reason I stopped wearing them in my younger, thinner days. I liked them because they were an easy choice of clothing on days I had to go somewhere and I couldn't figure out what to wear. For those old enough to remember Units, I loved mine as it was very comfortable and I had other pieces to change it up. Actually, Jill would do well if Units were still available. Long skirts, shapeless tops which you can add belts, sashes, jackets to switch around. All colors made to match and easy to care for with two kids. She probably could get by as maternity clothes with out the thin stretched out tops and skirts she wears.

Edited by Catlyn
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Let me help her out...

3 cans of cream of anything

2 lb grated imitation processed cheese product 

Starch, lots (frozen potato product, tortillas, or any white flour product)

4 cans of granulated processed “protein” marketed as chicken. (For special occasions, upgrade to any canned pet food.)

Dump in bowl. Stir. Shovel into extra large baking pan. Cook too long or until the oil actually separates out from the cheese product and pools on the surface.

Serve with a fictional but large green salad.

Serves 20 enemies or 10 “old family friends.”

You’re welcome.

I'm tempted to try this! Just to see what happens.

• LOL 6
  • Love 4
6 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Let me help her out...

4 cans of granulated processed “protein” marketed as chicken. (For special occasions, upgrade to any canned pet food.)

Dump in bowl. Stir. Shovel into extra large baking pan. Cook too long or until the oil actually separates out from the cheese product and pools on the surface.

You’re welcome.

Perfect! Though it still might need a quart of cream and a couple of sticks of butter. And a bouillon cube.

• LOL 4
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Let me help her out...

You’re welcome.

Great job!!! This sounds PERFECT for a gluten, dairy, and sugar free diet!!!

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Let me help her out...

You’re welcome.

Now I know what I'm having for dinner.  Thanks!!

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
On 2/27/2019 at 2:20 PM, libgirl2 said:

Forget which Duggar girl is wearing pants, I want to see the first to cut all that hair off! 

There must be 2-foot long hairs all over their homes--in the shower drain, the wash basin, on the sofa, in the bed, etc.  The husbands will probably get tired of it after a while and ask them to get a trim.  

• Love 8
(edited)
8 hours ago, Catlyn said:

The getting naked to pee is the reason I stopped wearing them in my younger, thinner days. I liked them because they were an easy choice of clothing on days I had to go somewhere and I couldn't figure out what to wear. For those old enough to remember Units, I loved mine as it was very comfortable and I had other pieces to change it up. Actually, Jill would do well if Units were still available. Long skirts, shapeless tops which you can add belts, sashes, jackets to switch around. All colors made to match and easy to care for with two kids. She probably could get by as maternity clothes with out the thin stretched out tops and skirts she wears.

1987-1990 I LIVED in Units skirts, tops and that wide, scrunchy belt/sash thing.  I would KILL to have them available now.  Basically, they were Garanamals for women!  Absolutely brainless dressing that always worked.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 12
33 minutes ago, magpye29 said:

So how exactly is Sam helping to make those cookies?  He's clear across the kitchen trapped in his high chair with nothing cookie-ish anywhere near him.

He's secretly planning an escape for him & Yay.

• LOL 5
  • Love 18
10 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Let me help her out...

You’re welcome.

You won the Internet today. 😃

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, Gemma Violet said:

There must be 2-foot long hairs all over their homes--in the shower drain, the wash basin, on the sofa, in the bed, etc.  The husbands will probably get tired of it after a while and ask them to get a trim.  

lol I cant see Ben telling Jessa to get a trim ever. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, Catlyn said:

I just googled Units and found a good explanation and pictures on like totally 80's dot com!

• Useful 1
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

F1E56270-BA2C-4108-9667-3EEAC4CBF187.jpeg

The recipe was posted previously, on June, 2018.

I made the bad mistake of going to Jill's Instagram to view her cookie "story".  The story never showed and I was forced to click on "see more" so I did.  That took me to the Dillard's blog, which I always avoid since a click might make them money.  I instantly got our of her blog but it made me mad.  Get a job, Jill!

• Love 5
(edited)

Oh, Jill. Now she’s got me feeling sorry for her again. I hate that.

She looks like she’s trying so hard to please and do “adulting blogger” and it’s almost a complete fail.

I have the impression that certainly part of it is trying to earn money or at least free clothes but I am also willing to bet Derrick is a complete controlling asshole to live with and she spends much of her time in appeasement mode. I grew up that way and it’s awful. Her face is so...”is this right”?

But Jill, sweetie...no one with that high a forehead should be wearing that hair style. Ever.

Edited by Oldernowiser
Embarrassingly large number of typos...
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I am also willing to bet Derrick is a complete controlling asshole to live with and she spends much of her time in appeasement mode. I grew up that way and it’s awful. Her face is so...”is this right”?

I get that vibe from her a lot, too, and I think it's one reason why I don't hate her as much as many other people do. I think that's one reason she is so obnoxious with asking her kids, "Are you having fun?" or some variation. She's desperate to prove to the world and her family and her husband and herself that she's having fun, but I have a feeling life in that house with Derick is a passive aggressive, tension-filled nightmare. 

• Love 19

I know how these "win a whatever" contests work.  The company gives away a prize, but to enter the contest, you have to give them your email address.  Then, after the contest is over, you start getting a barrage of emails from them about their products, i.e. buy this, buy that, big sale, etc.  They'll end up with several more online customers for the price of one "whatever" they gave away in the contest.  Jill probably gets a commission on each new email address they scoop up.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, tabloidlover said:

Please scroll to second pic.. I’m speechless at the pose 

While the first three pictures are hideous, I will give credit where it is due.  The last picture actually looks pretty nice. That’s what proper grooming and good lighting can do for you. 

• Love 7
2 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

I was referring to the kissy face she aimed for on the second pic.  Here it is, cropped. 

4F05B7B0-1AE8-4BCF-93AC-251ABCDC2FA0.jpeg

It seems defrauding no matter how you look at it. Who is the target of her kissy face?

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Those are some of the ugliest shoes I have ever seen. She sure has big feet. I think maybe she's trying to match DDD and his elf shoes. They look awful on her. She seriously needs a HAIRCUT. I think a nice soft sweet just above her shoulders would look great on her with some soft layers for volume. There IS a time when hair gets just too long and her time has come already....same for Jessa and Joy alias, "Filthy Feet".

• LOL 2
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, tabloidlover said:

I was referring to the kissy face she aimed for on the second pic.  Here it is, cropped. 

4F05B7B0-1AE8-4BCF-93AC-251ABCDC2FA0.jpeg

It looks like she's got the beginnings of a "skullet" (bald on top, long on the sides).

This pic is probably the fundie-equivalent of sending a naughty picture.

• LOL 11
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, cdp73 said:

It looks like she's got the beginnings of a "skullet" (bald on top, long on the sides).

This pic is probably the fundie-equivalent of sending a naughty picture.

The weight of all that hair can’t be helping. I keep expecting one of these girls to have a tragic accident from getting their hair caught somewhere it shouldn’t. 

• Love 7
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

She seriously needs a HAIRCUT. I think a nice soft sweet just above her shoulders would look great on her with some soft layers for volume. There IS a time when hair gets just too long and her time has come already....same for Jessa and Joy alias, "Filthy Feet".

But...but..but, then how would we know that she is the bestest, most holy, godliest wifey ever?

• LOL 3
  • Love 8

She looks sooooo frumpy  in that dress and with those barftastic things on her feet. (I can’t bring myself to call them shoes). She looked so cute when she was dating Derrick. Now she looks twenty years older than her actual age and even when she tries to look put together, she looks as if she just doesn’t care. 

I guess once you’ve snagged your man there’s no need to look good....

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

Please scroll to second pic.. I’m speechless at the pose 

The duck face picture is really just sad. The scrunched up face is so tiresome -- does she even look at these pictures before she posts them?

The last picture is really nice. Why not lead with that one? Why not take multiple pictures so that the duck face picture and the scrunch faced picture could be cut? They all -- but especially Jill -- just put zero effort into everything. I'd cut her some slack on the cooking and housekeeping and all the other stuff I slag on her about if there was something, ANYTHING, that she put some thought and effort into -- but there isn't.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Now she looks twenty years older than her actual age

At a casual glance, she could be mistaken for a woman in her fifties. She looks so haggard and run down.

• Love 9
17 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Those homes/duplexes look very much like the low-income housing in my town.

Yeah that's definitely not one of the nicer neighborhoods of Fayetteville/Springdale/Rogers/wherever they're living in NWA. 

• Love 2
(edited)

I do not think Jill, or really any of the Duggars, realize they can still have long hair by losing a foot or so, and have it cut in an actual style. I do not mind long hair if someone actually takes care of it. I think Jana's hair is a good length. If one wants longer hair. It does not seem ridiculously long. Hell, I heat style my hair a lot, but my hair is around shoulder length, I get it cut regularly, and I take care of it. I wonder how much of Jill's hair is actually dead ends.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 13
6 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

I do not think Jill, or really any of the Duggars, realize they can still have long hair by losing a foot or so, and have it cut in an actual style. I do not mind long hair if someone actually takes care of it. I think Jana's hair is a good length. It does not seem ridiculously long. Hell, I heat style my hair a lot, but my hair is around shoulder length, I get it cut regularly, and I take care of it. I wonder how much of Jill's hair is actually dead ends.

So I went to the Jana thread because I was curious as to where Jana's hair actually ended. When it's curled, it ends at just below her breasts. It may be slightly longer when straightened. Jill needs to cut off about a foot of hair to match Jana's length.

• Love 4

I wonder how Jill can sleep on that long hair? Can't imagine at that exaggerated length it's 'easier' to wash, dry and brush. The sheer weight of her hair will weaken the roots coming out of her head. (Maybe that explains a few things lately.)

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

42460EA3-6B07-4B63-9590-DE1A4B972E8F.jpeg

017061AD-8EB0-4359-A2D7-A61C1092B15B.jpeg

9BB48C7A-5332-4ECD-9765-7E6F6AA2856A.jpeg

This isn’t funny or cute or interesting. Making an airplane with windows is the parenting equivalent of cream of chicken soup. Maybe she is trying to make sure she has some filler posts between her influencer posts?

And I am not commenting on the last picture. Don’t feed the trolls.

• LOL 2
  • Love 9
11 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I do not think Jill, or really any of the Duggars, realize they can still have long hair by losing a foot or so, and have it cut in an actual style. I do not mind long hair if someone actually takes care of it. I think Jana's hair is a good length. If one wants longer hair. It does not seem ridiculously long. Hell, I heat style my hair a lot, but my hair is around shoulder length, I get it cut regularly, and I take care of it. I wonder how much of Jill's hair is actually dead ends.

Yes!!! I love having long hair, and went to my hairdresser recently. She said it would be healthier if she cut about six inches. That's a little shorter than I like, but I realize it will grow back, and look healthy! I can't imagine thinking you know better than people who have been to cosmetology school just because you're so attached to having waist-length hair. They would look so much better with a reasonable length!

• Love 5
11 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

Yes!!! I love having long hair, and went to my hairdresser recently. She said it would be healthier if she cut about six inches. That's a little shorter than I like, but I realize it will grow back, and look healthy! I can't imagine thinking you know better than people who have been to cosmetology school just because you're so attached to having waist-length hair. They would look so much better with a reasonable length!

• Love 1

I can see having long hair for religious reasons.  I get the idea that a woman's hair is her crowning glory, etc.  But, why have long hair if you are not going to take care of it.  You are not giving glory to God with that straggly mess.  This is just another half-assed belief that they all hold.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 19