Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

47 minutes ago, Jenilane6 said:

My guess is Anna's because she had the longest add-on white lace modesty ruffle.  Or Jill told Jana she wanted more lace added because she is even more modest.

I also think it's Anna's. She was the tallest bridesmaid and also busty.

And Jill needs to be there because...

• Love 5
(edited)

Haha I was thinking the same thing...weird that Jill is wearing a dress from her own wedding! Still, I actually like it on her. It's better quality than 99% of what she wears, imo. Shapeless, frumpy, dark, oversized cotton shirt / top combo is her go-to, for every single occasion. I like that for once, she is wearing a slightly more formal dress, in a pretty bright color. Their bridesmaids dresses are sadly the only ones they've ever bought off the rack at a normal store, at least for Jill and Joy. Now, she needs to take a cue from Jinger and (sometimes) Jessa and find some more clothes with some structure that didn't come from the $1 bin!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 14
21 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Haha I was thinking the same thing...weird that Jill is wearing a dress from her own wedding! Still, I actually like it on her. It's better quality than 99% of what she wears, imo. Shapeless, frumpy, dark, oversized cotton shirt / top combo is her go-to, for every single occasion. I like that for once, she is wearing a slightly more formal dress, in a pretty bright color. Their bridesmaids dresses are sadly the only ones they've ever bought off the rack at a normal store, at least for Jill and Joy. Now, she needs to take a cue from Jinger and (sometimes) Jessa and find some more clothes with some structure that didn't come from the $1 bin!

Agreed. She gets a gold star for trying. 

• Love 4

So I copied and pasted this from the Joe and Kendra page:

From the Dept of Labor:  The Affordable Care Act requires plans and issuers that offer dependent child coverage to make the coverage available until a child reaches the age of 26. Both married and unmarried children qualify for this coverage. This rule applies to all plans in the individual market and to all employer plans.

So doing a little research, because it's a Monday, hot and I have a to-do list a mile long, Jill was born in May of 1991.  Israel was born in 2015 so if Boob was still covering her on his insurance Izzy's c'section would have been covered.  However, Jill turned 26 in May of 2017 and Sammy was born in July of 2017 - meaning that Jill would have been off's Boob's insurance. I wonder if that's way Dereick was so upset that they had hospital bills.  Did Boob not remember his daughter was turning 26? or did he know and tell them that they needed to find their own insurance and they didn't? or with her at around 7 month's pregnant could they not find a plan to pick them up since there was no sign of prenatal care that was remotely affordable?  Hmmmm.  Or they just thought that another birth would have them basking in People covers and TLC money and they wouldn't have to worry about it.  Curious.

• Love 10
50 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

The fact the 2 of them are representing tells me the Church doesn’t scan social media. Or, they are church approved. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Why did they pay for Jill's airfare to be there?  She wasn't a student in the course.  She has Derick on a very short leash and he can't go anywhere without her tagging along. He's a wimp.

• Love 2
11 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Why did they pay for Jill's airfare to be there?  She wasn't a student in the course.  She has Derick on a very short leash and he can't go anywhere without her tagging along. He's a wimp.

I can see Cross Church wanting Jill to be there with her husband.  The program is probably always looking for more marks students.  Her presence shows that the program is not too onerous for a married man with a family.  The church probably also sent some single men as well.  I can also see the church wanting to capitalize on the Duggar fame and Derick is worthless to them without his wife. 

• Love 14
On 6/9/2018 at 2:27 PM, toodles said:

Derwood was busy on the cleanliness is next to godliness classes.  Posting hateful twitters is a full time job.

He must smell pretty ripe.  :-( 

He DOES always look like he smells.  Frankly all of them do.  But yeah he seems to be THAT GUY that always would have BO.  

• Love 13
20 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

He DOES always look like he smells.  Frankly all of them do.  But yeah he seems to be THAT GUY that always would have BO.  

Between his disgusting ass t-shirt, their gross feet, dirty house, I just figure the house and Derwood smell like ass..

• Love 13
26 minutes ago, Madtown said:

Between his disgusting ass t-shirt, their gross feet, dirty house, I just figure the house and Derwood smell like ass..

I think that may be an insult to ass.  LOL

I was thinking a filled port-a-potty that hasn't been emptied in 2 weeks sitting in the summer Texas heat.    Hmm, I may have insulted port a potties

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Mollie said:

Isn't Cross Church right down the street from them? Is this a convention somewhere else?

2 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

So I copied and pasted this from the Joe and Kendra page:

From the Dept of Labor:  The Affordable Care Act requires plans and issuers that offer dependent child coverage to make the coverage available until a child reaches the age of 26. Both married and unmarried children qualify for this coverage. This rule applies to all plans in the individual market and to all employer plans.

So doing a little research, because it's a Monday, hot and I have a to-do list a mile long, Jill was born in May of 1991.  Israel was born in 2015 so if Boob was still covering her on his insurance Izzy's c'section would have been covered.  However, Jill turned 26 in May of 2017 and Sammy was born in July of 2017 - meaning that Jill would have been off's Boob's insurance. I wonder if that's way Dereick was so upset that they had hospital bills.  Did Boob not remember his daughter was turning 26? or did he know and tell them that they needed to find their own insurance and they didn't? or with her at around 7 month's pregnant could they not find a plan to pick them up since there was no sign of prenatal care that was remotely affordable?  Hmmmm.  Or they just thought that another birth would have them basking in People covers and TLC money and they wouldn't have to worry about it.  Curious.

Except he was upset about paying medicals bills for a year post-Izzy, not Samuel. I'm sure they're still paying those. 

2 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

If he had problems paying medical bills, where did he get the money for the "internship"?  

Well he did start a YouCaring or a GoFundMe for it---my guess is Boob has been footing that bill. 

24 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

Except he was upset about paying medicals bills for a year post-Izzy, not Samuel. I'm sure they're still paying those. 

It was Izzy?  I could have sworn it was Sammy, but then it's Monday and I only 1 cup of coffee - so the brain is nowhere near full steam

4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Does it look like Jill is wearing a sleeveless top? The part of the arm underneath the hair looks to be the shade of her skin.

3 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Does it look like Jill is wearing a sleeveless top? The part of the arm underneath the hair looks to be the shade of her skin.

I don't understand that if they are going to wear an undershirt can they not match the coleur so it isn't so glaringly obvious or for f*ck's sake just stop buying blouses that you need to wear a modesty tank top under.  In 14 kids they had all of these sewing machines set up like a damn sweat shop and all the older girls were sewing, if you can't find something at the thrift store than make it.  Oh wait, I'm sorry that includes common sense, initiative, work and understanding modesty - and these are the Duggars, so my bad.

• Love 9

In the picture of them at church all of them have ugly footwear.  Okay Dullards, pony up for decent shoes and shoe polish. 

Jill, your outfit doesn’t end with just your dress (which also sucks...)

Cathy, if you’re going to wear sandals, please have a pedicure!

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

I don't understand that if they are going to wear an undershirt can they not match the coleur so it isn't so glaringly obvious or for f*ck's sake just stop buying blouses that you need to wear a modesty tank top under.  In 14 kids they had all of these sewing machines set up like a damn sweat shop and all the older girls were sewing, if you can't find something at the thrift store than make it.  Oh wait, I'm sorry that includes common sense, initiative, work and understanding modesty - and these are the Duggars, so my bad.

But then we wouldn't know they're being modest. They'd be like almost every other woman around.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

The fact the 2 of them are representing tells me the Church doesn’t scan social media. Or, they are church approved. 

Derick has yet to post anything that any evangelical church I've gone to wouldn't agree with. The more media savvy ones would never specifically target people as Derick has, but they'd make generic anti-trans & anti-gay family posts & be more specific in Sunday School and Bible Study classes.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

Derick has yet to post anything that any evangelical church I've gone to wouldn't agree with. The more media savvy ones would never specifically target people as Derick has, but they'd make generic anti-trans & anti-gay family posts & be more specific in Sunday School and Bible Study classes.

They’re going to the SBC convention that, until just last week, was going to have Paige Patterson as one of their keynote speakers. Patterson believes that abused women should stay in their marriage and pray for their husbands. He doesn’t think women who are sexually abused by men should go to authorities, especially if that man is attending church. So, yes, lots of Derick’s beliefs fit right in. 

• Love 10

Easy Chicken and Noodles

Jun 11, 2018 | Recipes | 0 

This quick recipe feeds a crowd. We usually ate it with homemade bread and a big salad and fruit for dessert.

Serves 18

8 cans cream of chicken condensed soup

10 T. Mexican chicken boullion

17 C. water

1 onion, chopped (or 1 T. onion powder)

4-5 bags egg noodles

chunks of chicken (cooked), optional

pepper to taste

Bring to a boil the soup, boullion, water and onion. Boil 5 min. Add noodles and chicken. Cook until noodles are ready. Add pepper to pot or at table.

4D55C19C-4AD4-4D53-8447-B84E21D7BE9E.jpeg

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Easy Chicken and Noodles

This quick recipe feeds a crowd. We usually ate it with homemade bread and a big salad and fruit for dessert.

Serves 18

17 C. water

4-5 bags egg noodles

pepper to taste

Bring to a boil the soup, boullion, water and onion. Boil 5 min. Add noodles and chicken. Cook until noodles are ready. Add pepper to pot or at table.

8 cans of soup, 4 litres of water, but just 1 onion?

• Love 22
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Easy Chicken and Noodles

Serves 18

17 C. water

4-5 bags egg noodles

pepper to taste

So many questions for Chef Jill! Like can we use non Mexican boullion? If I want to add chicken to chicken and noodles, how much? Enlighten me with your skillz!!!

She seriously is about two weeks away from posting a recipe for toast at this rate. 

• Love 24

"Homemade bread" at the Dugg compound was store bought French bread split open and slabs of margarine inserted...then bake until browned...

Salad was straight out of the bag then drowned with salad dressing....

The only flavor in the recipe above is salt.....

Condensed Chix soup-salt

Boullion-salt

You would taste the same amount of chicken in this gut busting recipe if Jilly just waved an unopened  can of chicken meat over the pot....

• Love 10

That recipe doesn't make any sense. It would be easier and probably cheaper to just go with 5-6 large cans of chicken noodle soup and put in a few drops of sriracha or some chili pepper flakes if you want it a bit spicier.  

• Love 14
(edited)

Easy chicken and noodles with optional chicken. WTF. Literally cans of soup from the grocery store would have more nutrition- many of them have vegetables in them. And can actually be pretty good if you don't mind the sodium. I used to eat a can of soup for lunch back when I was on a diet- I would take it to work each day. Easy and filling and low carb ha. Then I stopped being lazy and tried to eat real food. You can usually find cans of soup on sale 1 for $1 so for 20 bucks you can feed 20 people if you get the "good" kind of soup. I would rather eat a can of progressive soup than egg noodles in chicken water. grossssss

She is hopeless. Why can't she go on pinterest and search for chicken soup and try to make something that people might actually want to eat? The worst part is this isn't a " how to cook if you are dead broke" and all you can afford is water bouillon and noodles, it is to feed a crowd!! Does she think anyone in their right minds would feed this to guests?

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 11

I was at the grocery store today. There was a magazine with a headline, 5 ingredients, 15 minutes. I would bet all of the recipes were better in every way compared to Jill’s. I didn’t buy it, google is my friend.

• Love 12

Real chicken soup is the easiest thing to make. I make it on a regular basis and I don’t like to fuss. The worst part to me is taking the chicken off the bones because a whole chicken or chicken with bones and skin on really does make the best soup. I wonder if they would like the taste of something real. 

• Love 12
16 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

Me thinks Jill is pregnant. That is all.

I wondered that when I saw the recycled dress above.  It looks like she is bustier and she is holding Sam (who is always in a stroller) in front of her midsection.  Surprise (no one said ever).  Actually I am surprised she would knock boots with someone who prob smells horrendous.  

• Love 2

Even if it dawned on Jilly that adding shredded chicken off the bone from a store bought, store prepared rotisserie whole chicken and maybe add 10 stalks of chopped celery would make the taste of this salt bomb taste better than adding another bag of noodles to soak up the salty sludge...she is committed to following the recipe she cut and pasted...

• Love 8
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Easy Chicken and Noodles

Serves 18

17 C. water

4-5 bags egg noodles

pepper to taste

Calling bullshit.  We saw them eating in early years and they never had fruit and I would like to see their definition of big salad.  Now onto the recipe.  I do not make chicken noodle soup.  Not a big soup person but I have made homemade other types of soups.  I can see using canned/boxed broth but I am not understanding the condensed soup addition.  It is making me thirsty just reading all of the sodium that is in that.  I am sure its not bad, but more effort please if you are trying to market yourself as a homemaker.  That niche has already been filled with Ree Drummond and Sandra Lee.  

4 hours ago, Trillium said:

So many questions for Chef Jill! Like can we use non Mexican boullion? If I want to add chicken to chicken and noodles, how much? Enlighten me with your skillz!!!

She seriously is about two weeks away from posting a recipe for toast at this rate. 

Well my mentioned Ree Drummond DID have a recipe for cinnamon toast and it was featured on her show.  Seriously.  So I am going with the old peanut butter on celery as her next blog post.  With instructions.

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Calling bullshit.  We saw them eating in early years and they never had fruit and I would like to see their definition of big salad.

The only time I ever recall seeing fruits and vegeables was during their early 14&Pregnant Again special when they still lived in the Johnson Rd. house. I remember thinking the only reason they splurged on real food was because TLC probably paid for it and Boob was doing his damndest to sell the "wholesome family" shtick in hopes of getting a regular series. Aside from that, it's been slop casseroles and instant oatmeal all the way.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Easy Chicken and Noodles

Serves 18

17 C. water

4-5 bags egg noodles

pepper to taste

What did I just read? Like...are you making a soup or a casserole? How are these Duggars not made of pure salt? 

• Love 19

Jill's trying to get a show for herself and her piece-of-dog-shit husband.  It's going to be called The Hopeless Homemaker.

Seriously, I'm floored at her idiocy.  I didn't watch the show in the early years, so I rely on you folks for those horror stories from that time.  

She's so clueless, it's really sad.  Anyone who tries to make her abomination version of anything is just pitiable.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, allonsyalice said:

What if I don't want to make glorified soup for 18 people? 

Well, I suppose you could try cutting the recipe into quarters, but since that would probably require higher math, it's probably safer to just make the whole thing and toss out the leftovers. 

Seriously, though...how is this even a recipe? There's nothing real in it at all. It even says the single onion can be replaced by onion powder and the actual chicken is "optional". 

• Love 19