Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

53 minutes ago, kalamac said:

If Eve really was created from Adam's rib as the bible states, she would have been 100% genetically identical to him, including the sex chromosomes, making her the world's first trans women. You'd think Christians would support trans people, and gender confirmation treatments as following God's path of helping people be who they need to be.

!!!

!!!

!!!

Mind. Blown. I'm going to be stealing this.

• Love 8

I've had jobs where having visitors like friends or relatives was strongly discouraged and others where it wasn't a big deal and was kind of common.

The job where I work now, it happens and seems accepted, but it raises eyebrows if it is constant. I have a coworker who is a bit Duggar-like, except he's actually a nice person. But he and his wife were both homeschooled and come from big families and have relocated here from out-of-state. I suspect she is really lonely, but it is a running joke among the rest of us about how much she calls him at work. She used to stop by quite a bit, but not as much anymore. I had another coworker who ate lunch in the breakroom with his wife once when they were newlyweds, and it was super awkward for everyone because she kept ranting about some payment while he ignored her but pretended to be sympathetic. The wife hasn't been back since, as far as I know. 

All that being said, one of my friends used to work at Wal-Mart corporate headquarters. This was probably 10 years ago and I have no idea what her job was, but she said it was the strictest place she has ever worked. I'd venture to say even if it wasn't against the rules for his wife to come by constantly, it was probably not well-received. Not sure it would be a firing offense, but I could see it not reflecting well on him. 

• Love 6
40 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I hope she said she was ready to live.........

Really...What does she do now besides defend her useless son on twitter. I am sure God save her in order for her do this. *rolling eyes*

2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

This doesn't have to be some psychological quirk or personal obsessions of Derick's -- although it might be that, too. He's following -- to a letter -- the revered leaders of his religious community. The stuff he says is word for word what they say. 

I need a “sad” reaction button.

• Love 6

Given that Derelict retweets that rhetoric all the time from politicians and religious leaders, this assessment shouldn't shock anyone. He's just parroting the party line, illustrating the inability to think critically about ANY issue. Which is so ironic given how he thinks he's some kind of sage. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

She had to bring a few of her siblings with her when she took him to or from work. What the heck... I can just imagine what his fellow co-workers were thinking.

They were thinking why the hell aren't these kids in school??

• Love 13

My Hubby has never set foot in my office. Hasn’t in a decade. Has no desire to. Nor do I want him to.  My employer would have issue with it if he did. Once or twice, maybe. But more than once every year would raise eyebrows. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Lunera said:

I'm wondering if Derrick got flak from coworkers for shots like the first one where there are other employees in the background.  Maybe several other employees said they did not like being photograpped and then put out on the Dillard's social media.  After that it seems all their lunch photos are against that green wall or out in a car.  Just a thought.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, kalamac said:

If Eve really was created from Adam's rib as the bible states, she would have been 100% genetically identical to him, including the sex chromosomes, making her the world's first trans women. 

Ah, see. I guess that's why science is no good. Look at where it's led you! 

• Love 16
22 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

I'm wondering if Derrick got flak from coworkers for shots like the first one where there are other employees in the background.  Maybe several other employees said they did not like being photograpped and then put out on the Dillard's social media.  After that it seems all their lunch photos are against that green wall or out in a car.  Just a thought.

Yeah, I can see how the Duggar-Dillard's social media and TV show presence would be problematic for WalMart.  I could see Walmart telling Derrick that he would have to choose between the TV show and his job.  If he was a mediocre employee (which we all know to be true), then it would not be worth the hassle for Walmart.

• Love 2
(edited)
32 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

So was this all Jill at the beginning of the marriage or did Derick post about superwifey a lot as well?

It was all Jill. Derick posted a normal amount of pictures of both of them, he just to never made any #bestwifeyever posts.

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 2
(edited)
21 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Yeah, I can see how the Duggar-Dillard's social media and TV show presence would be problematic for WalMart.  I could see Walmart telling Derrick that he would have to choose between the TV show and his job.  If he was a mediocre employee (which we all know to be true), then it would not be worth the hassle for Walmart.

I don't think it mattered if he was great, or awful, or mediocre at his job. A big, world-famous corporation is not going to put its neck out to save some kid doing an entry level job in their accounting? (or whichever) department. Corporations hire kids straight out of college all the time and sometimes they last in the job and sometimes leave instead.  He wasn't hired as re-inventing the wheel genius or a top-of-the-ranks hire and those are the only people big business will try to keep.  He was an office drone and those are probably easy to find to work for such a company. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 14

So I went down a rabbit hole looking for info on Walmart policy and discovered there is a policy about missing work and/or tardiness.  For someone there has been there less than 6 months you are allowed 3.5 points on your record before getting terminated.  After 6 months it is 9 points in a 6 month period.  Clocking in 10 minutes to 2 hours late gives you .5 point - the same if you leave early by that same time frame.  Calling in to say,  I can't make it today is 1 point.  So even if you told your supervisor - Hey I'm not going to be here on Friday because my wife and I are going out of town - it's still 1 point on your record.  Being a no show without calling in is 4 points.  So miss calling in in your first 6 months and you can be terminated.  Perhaps, Derrick missed more than 3 days filming in his first 6 months?  Or maybe he was late enough. We've all said how Jill and the rest probably have no real sense of being on time for a daily job, being as that they've never seen or been exposed to that.  She may have made him 10-20 minutes late a few time when she was taking him to work and thought, what's the big deal?

https://www.quora.com/How-many-days-can-you-miss-working-at-walmart

• Love 12

That makes sense! My friend who had worked at the corporate office had said they were strict about absences and also sick time, but she didn't really go into much detail. 

Was thecar that Derick drove before they got married his or Cathy’s? I seem to remember that it was Cathy’s,and therefore the van was the only carDerick and Jill had for a while. If that was the case, I can see Jill getting to be the one with the car while Derick was at work. That takes care of the dropping him off and picking him up part. It was the wholemust be with him every minute of lunch every day that was over the top. Plus, you just know she was calling, texting, and skyping him all day.  If she had a job, that wouldn’t have been happening. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

So Derick's braces are back. I wonder what the deal is with his mouth. That's all I got right now. 

Gotta wonder if braces are even more painful as an adult. I had them as a kid, and whenever they were tightened, they hurt so badly. I dunno, Derick didn't look too bad before all this surgery. If nothing in there was endangering his health, I'd have said screw it and live with crooked teeth.

I've also never heard of braces being taken off and then put back on. Is that normal? I'd be cheesed to have to sit through the entire process again.

• Love 1
7 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

He  bothers with Jazz for the same reason that many of the nation's other politically and theologically conservative fundies and evangelicals, especially the leadership, bring transsexuals into pretty much every conversation.

By their lights, the American Christian community must fight a win-or-die "war against transsexuals" or see this country's morality finally crater to absolutely nothing. It's the number one priority of most of these very conservative Christian leaders. I've spoken with conservative Christian law-school professors, among others, who speak of all this in exactly the same terms as Derick. They see fighting the phenomenon that brought us Jazz as a bitter war that they must wage against Satan to save humanity. They see it as the crusade of this generation. And they promote it. 

This doesn't have to be some psychological quirk or personal obsessions of Derick's -- although it might be that, too. He's following -- to a letter -- the revered leaders of his religious community. The stuff he says is word for word what they say. 

Many folks have strong beliefs about certain things and are meh about other stuff. On my FB feed there's been some intense discussions about gun control lately for the obvious reason. Most discussions stay close to a respectful area, with some bordering on heated, but there always seems to be a couple folks that come in swinging turning the discussion nasty and sometimes making it personal.

Derick is one of those folks who sits on his high horse and can't even respectfully listen to others thoughts and views. And what makes it worse he won't even defend his views clearly and he always makes it personal. He names Jazz as an "abused child" then he calls out high school kids as being "used" by their parents to promote gun control, and the media as being one sided. He certainly could come out as pro NRA without pointing fingers at others. Even the anti-choice t-shirts are subtly making it personal by insinuating that other living and breathing folks are alive by chance, but they and their kids are alive by choice.

I think no matter what Derick posts, he and his family will be attacked, but I think fewer attacks would be personal if he just addressed the issue and not other folks. 

• Love 14

Regarding the point system for calling off, lateness, etc....... There’s a large employer in my area that has the same system. An employee who is terminated in this manner can collect unemployment. How, idk, but they can also be rehired after 30 days.

10 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Really...What does she do now besides defend her useless son on twitter. I am sure God save her in order for her do this. *rolling eyes*

She also passes judgement, you know, God's work.

• Love 11

I have heard of braces going on twice. Sometimes because the teeth shift. Sometimes because the first set was to correct part of the issue right away while then stopping either for surgery or something else. In my sins case, they put in top braces to bring  his front teeth inward, so they wouldn’t break off if he fell. Then they came off while we waited for the rest of his permanent teeth to come in. 

Derick has made the mistake of thinking he’s like the commentators on cable ‘news’ programs. They attack and attack with impunity, in my opinion. 

• Love 2
7 hours ago, EarlGreyTea said:

Gotta wonder if braces are even more painful as an adult. I had them as a kid, and whenever they were tightened, they hurt so badly. I dunno, Derick didn't look too bad before all this surgery. If nothing in there was endangering his health, I'd have said screw it and live with crooked teeth.

I've also never heard of braces being taken off and then put back on. Is that normal? I'd be cheesed to have to sit through the entire process again.

Well, he had the surgery for his jaw and palate, not specifically because of his teeth.

The teeth ultimately need realignment because the surgery has changed so much of the rest of your mouth. And that presumably isn't a mainly cosmetic procedure, like ordinary teeth straightening, but is done to ward off potentially serious medical problems down the road, involving some severe problems with chewing, swallowing and breathing. Surgery to correct serious jaw and palate misalignments -- and its aftermath as they try to straighten out your face to whatever extent it's possible -- is a very long and highly unpredictable process, 

It's certainly possible that a doctor might put you through this when it's not absolutely necessary, but you couldn't really know that because you would never know what future problems might have developed. And once you've started the process, it's almost certainly too late to just call a halt as you could if you were just having your teeth straightened. You've got to let them go on with it, probably. 

• Love 7
(edited)
41 minutes ago, sixlets said:

Where can I purchase this "wifey" tee?  I need something extra to wear out on Saturdays when Mr. Six & I go out.  Calling him an asshole in Target yesterday was just not enough, and I want people to know that I still claim him.  

Google it. They're everywhere. Prices range from $10 to $46 for the ones I've seen. Sweatshirts, wifebeaters (a nice touch) and off-the-shoulder tees also exist for your purchasing pleasure. 

Here's the $46 model, a particularly ugly one, I'd say -- https://ilycouture.com/products/wifey-tee

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
10 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Was thecar that Derick drove before they got married his or Cathy’s? I seem to remember that it was Cathy’s,and therefore the van was the only carDerick and Jill had for a while. If that was the case, I can see Jill getting to be the one with the car while Derick was at work. That takes care of the dropping him off and picking him up part. It was the wholemust be with him every minute of lunch every day that was over the top. Plus, you just know she was calling, texting, and skyping him all day.  If she had a job, that wouldn’t have been happening. 

My husband and I had one car we had to use due to the other vehicle needing repairs or waiting to get a better used vehicle. Derick could have driven himself back and forth to work, and Jill could have ask one of her siblings to take her on errands or even borrow one of the family cars. I certainly did not drive my husband back and forth to work because he works the graveyard shift, and the both of us manage to survive. Of course I cannot do it now because driving in the dark will not make my eyes happy campers. I also would not be surprise if she did the same thing even if she had a part or full time job.

I agree, bigskygirl.  Even if Jill and Derick only had one car, there was no reason for Jill to drive him to work, show up with his lunch, and then drive him back home again.

I know of many couples who had to survive with only one vehicle.  I didn't get my own car until I had two kids.  The rest of the time I stayed home, arranged for a ride with someone, or spent the day with friends or relatives. 

Jill could have stayed home and Derick drove to work, with a lunch she lovingly packed for him in the morning.  She could have borrowed a car from her family, had them come visit her, or had them come collect her so she could spend the day at TTH crying about the injustice of having a husband that left her to go to an evil job.

I suspect that the reason Jill was driving Derick around at first was because she was being a whiney brat and it was easier for Derick to acquiesce rather than deal with Jill's constant tears and the recriminations of her family.  He might have thought that once the baby came, Jill would settle down and he could actually drive himself to work.  We'll never know, because that bunch is strangely open about some things and other things are locked in a vault that we heathens could never access.

All we know is that by the time the baby arrived, Derick had arranged for his pretend mission to the wilds of South America and had some sort of major oral surgery that still hasn't been fully explained and he only now seems to be healing from.  The job at Walmart Corp was gone and now we have two idiots having babies and still not seeming to have a clue about the real world. 

Now Jill is not as obviously clingly, although she's still trying, and she's also trying hard to prove she hasn't married a douche.  (Note to Jill:  Yes, you've married a douche.  Sorry.  Blame your parents and your cult.)  Derick has given up on that job stuff.  Now he begs for money while insisting he has a job that he won't reveal, sanctimoniously tells everyone else why they're not as Godly as he is via Twitter, and his mommy follows him on the internet sticking up for him.  They're all nuts.  I pity the kids.

• Love 14

Why does she keep on posting grainy, gloomy weird photos? Jill is supposedly a "celebrity and I'm sure she is trying hard to stay relevant, but come on Jill!  Get a better camera or turn the lights on or something!

• Love 6
26 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

I agree, bigskygirl.  Even if Jill and Derick only had one car, there was no reason for Jill to drive him to work, show up with his lunch, and then drive him back home again.

I know of many couples who had to survive with only one vehicle.  I didn't get my own car until I had two kids.  The rest of the time I stayed home, arranged for a ride with someone, or spent the day with friends or relatives. 

Jill could have stayed home and Derick drove to work, with a lunch she lovingly packed for him in the morning.  She could have borrowed a car from her family, had them come visit her, or had them come collect her so she could spend the day at TTH crying about the injustice of having a husband that left her to go to an evil job.

I suspect that the reason Jill was driving Derick around at first was because she was being a whiney brat and it was easier for Derick to acquiesce rather than deal with Jill's constant tears and the recriminations of her family.  He might have thought that once the baby came, Jill would settle down and he could actually drive himself to work.  We'll never know, because that bunch is strangely open about some things and other things are locked in a vault that we heathens could never access.

All we know is that by the time the baby arrived, Derick had arranged for his pretend mission to the wilds of South America and had some sort of major oral surgery that still hasn't been fully explained and he only now seems to be healing from.  The job at Walmart Corp was gone and now we have two idiots having babies and still not seeming to have a clue about the real world. 

Now Jill is not as obviously clingly, although she's still trying, and she's also trying hard to prove she hasn't married a douche.  (Note to Jill:  Yes, you've married a douche.  Sorry.  Blame your parents and your cult.)  Derick has given up on that job stuff.  Now he begs for money while insisting he has a job that he won't reveal, sanctimoniously tells everyone else why they're not as Godly as he is via Twitter, and his mommy follows him on the internet sticking up for him.  They're all nuts.  I pity the kids.

She did post one picture of her getting ready to head out with a lunch for their lunch date, and one of her doing laundry while she was missing him. *gag me* I bet dollars to donuts if he did not leave Walmart after Izzy came along, she would have taken him back and forth to work and had lunch with him with the baby with her, drag one of her sisters along to take care of the baby, or dump Izzy off at the Duggar compound and expect one of her sisters to take care of him so she could spend more time with Derelict. Remember how both of them were whining about having to take Izzy with them on their anniversary dinner in Danger America because *gasp* no family was around to babysit for them. The horror of having to take care of their own child. How Godly of them!

(edited)
On 3/1/2018 at 10:00 PM, Celia Rubenstein said:

I'm glad you mentioned the thing about those little kids wearing those t-shirts, in particular. How do you explain to a child what Roe v. Wade stands for or what an abortion is? I don't want to think about it. I guess the best that can be hoped for is that the kids got no explanation at all and their parents just popped them into their little t-shirts to exploit them in furtherance of their political/moral agenda. Just like Derrick claims is being done with Jazz. But since the parents are on the right side of the issue, it's okay.

Obviously, it's the epitome of a hypocritical double standard.  Some people were pointing this out on his twatter but he hadn't responded last time I looked.  I'm guessing he is taking time to craft the perfect non-answer to intentionally leave everyone baffled like he always does. The little chicken shit.

Well, when Obama was elected in 2008, my daughter was 8.  She came home and told me that a class mate told her that her mom said they are going to move to Ireland because Obama murders babies. Yup. So I got to explain to my 8 year old what abortion is. 

What I thought of with the "My baby is so big" post:

image.png

1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Google it. They're everywhere. Prices range from $10 to $46 for the ones I've seen. Sweatshirts, wifebeaters (a nice touch) and off-the-shoulder tees also exist for your purchasing pleasure. 

Here's the $46 model, a particularly ugly one, I'd say -- https://ilycouture.com/products/wifey-tee

Someone ought to send this to one of the dolts:

https://www.amazon.com/Wifey-Judy-Blume/dp/0425206548

Edited by MamaMax
  • Love 9
39 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

But, every day? As a SAHWife, theres not much to do in the house when you have no kids yet. There's not much laundry, and the house is small and doesn't get really messy. I would've gone stir crazy stuck in the house with no car 5 days a week. I was unemployed for a month when me and Mr Max were newlyweds and I was climbing the walls. I suppose I could've done home improvement projects but we were in a rental and kinda on a shoestring budget. 

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

$46 for a tee?  I guess I won't be buying.  

Yeah, wifey on a wifebeater shirt...just the thing!  LOL

Little Sam always looks startled, or afraid.  Those poor kids.

• Love 2
(edited)
11 hours ago, EarlGreyTea said:

My daughter had her lower jaw moved forward and her palate widened with orthodontic appliances and was supposed to have braces put on twice as part of it.  Fortunately somehow she didn't need the second set put on.  I believe she would have needed the same surgery as Derick if she hadn't had the Herbst appliance and palate expander when she was young.  So it can be a normal thing to have braces put on twice.

Edited by Russian Bolero
Left out a part
  • Love 5
2 minutes ago, Russian Bolero said:

My daughter had her lower jaw moved forward and her palate widened with orthodontic appliances and was supposed to have braces put on twice as part of it.  Fortunately somehow she didn't need the second set put on.  I believe she would have needed the same surgery as Derick if she hadn't had the Herbst appliance and palate expander when she was young.  So it can be a normal thing to have braces put on twice.

Mr Jyn was supposed to have that sort of surgery years ago, but since it was going to be such a long procedure overall, and they preferred that it could be completed under the same surgeon/orthodntist but since he was in the Navy, either we or the doctors involved were always scheduled to move way before it was complete he managed to put it off, and off, and....Now he's 61 and retired, and the misalignment has never particularly caused him any problems, he's not exactly pushing to remind them about it. Can't say I blame him.

• Love 5

She looks absolutely demented in those photos. And she had absolutely nothing else to do with her life other than gestate and follow Der-dick around. Not even much laundry, cleaning, or meal prep (hahaha) at that stage with just the two of them!  

• Love 6
4 minutes ago, Portia said:

What is the deal with Jill posting all these bedroom pics? Obviously there is nothing sexual about this one, but it still seems creepily private to me. 

It does seem odd for Jill. 

Poor Sam should be in the middle with his brother.

• Love 3
16 hours ago, EarlGreyTea said:

My niece had this happen for some reason.  I will have to ask why.  She didn't have to wear them long the 2nd time.

14 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Many folks have strong beliefs about certain things and are meh about other stuff. On my FB feed there's been some intense discussions about gun control lately for the obvious reason. Most discussions stay close to a respectful area, with some bordering on heated, but there always seems to be a couple folks that come in swinging turning the discussion nasty and sometimes making it personal.

Derick is one of those folks who sits on his high horse and can't even respectfully listen to others thoughts and views. And what makes it worse he won't even defend his views clearly and he always makes it personal. He names Jazz as an "abused child" then he calls out high school kids as being "used" by their parents to promote gun control, and the media as being one sided. He certainly could come out as pro NRA without pointing fingers at others. Even the anti-choice t-shirts are subtly making it personal by insinuating that other living and breathing folks are alive by chance, but they and their kids are alive by choice.

I think no matter what Derick posts, he and his family will be attacked, but I think fewer attacks would be personal if he just addressed the issue and not other folks. 

If only he were as concerned about his wife's abuse and that of her sisters at the hands of their brother.  Clean up your own backyard before worrying about others asshole.

• Love 7
6 hours ago, MamaMax said:

Well, when Obama was elected in 2008, my daughter was 8.  She came home and told me that a class mate told her that her mom said they are going to move to Ireland because Obama murders babies. Yup. So I got to explain to my 8 year old what abortion is. 

What I thought of with the "My baby is so big" post:

image.png

Someone ought to send this to one of the dolts:

https://www.amazon.com/Wifey-Judy-Blume/dp/0425206548

I was suspended from 7th grade for 3 days for having this book AND while I was not named it was a story on the FRONT PAGE of the county newspaper the Telegram Tribune.  When the principle asked my mom if she wanted to see the filth I was reading she said nah, I have read it.  The Superintendent of the school actually wrote a public apology to me (again, didn't name me) in our small town newspaper.  And people wonder why I LOATHE my hometown and county.  Believe me, this is only one of many reasons.

I love that picture above!  

I am so curious to see where these people are in 5 years.  My guess they will be back to asking for love offerings.

• Love 17
4 hours ago, awaken said:

She looks absolutely demented in those photos. And she had absolutely nothing else to do with her life other than gestate and follow Der-dick around. Not even much laundry, cleaning, or meal prep (hahaha) at that stage with just the two of them!  

Jill is still following Derick around.  At the same time Derick was begging for thousands of dollars to pay for his Cross Church School of Ministry course and trips, Jill shows up with three-month-old baby Sam on the class 'mission trip' to Washington D.C. in October.  (They both posted photos on Instagram showing all the sightseeing they did on that trip, but not one photo or mention of any 'missionary' work.)  If they were so broke they had to beg for money, how did they pay for Jill's airfare, meals and the extra hotel expenses?  Sounds like just another case of Dillard donation fraud to me.

Jill is always there for all the school activities, as if she is taking the course herself – which, of course, she isn't because it is full time and she has to watch the kids. 

• Love 5
18 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Jill is still following Derick around.  At the same time Derick was begging for thousands of dollars to pay for his Cross Church School of Ministry course and trips, Jill shows up with three-month-old baby Sam on the class 'mission trip' to Washington D.C. in October.  (They both posted photos on Instagram showing all the sightseeing they did on that trip, but not one photo or mention of any 'missionary' work.)  If they were so broke they had to beg for money, how did they pay for Jill's airfare, meals and the extra hotel expenses?  Sounds like just another case of Dillard donation fraud to me.

Jill is always there for all the school activities, as if she is taking the course herself – which, of course, she isn't because it is full time and she has to watch the kids. 

I , and me. No we, or us:

BIG NEWS! I am currently serving through a program at my home church, called the Cross Church School of Ministry! I am so excited about this incredible opportunity for further ministry development, and I would like to invite you to share in this excitement with me.

I started a fundraiser on gofundme to raise the funding I need for various missions opportunities I will have throughout the year. I have a donations goal of $10,000. This will enable me to fulfill my specific calling to ministry this year, including trips for Gospel-advancement and humanitarian work in Northwest Arkansas, North America, and abroad.
The Cross Church School of Ministry is a one-year, ministry, residency experience that I believe will be a key asset in not only my vocational ministry, but also in my personal development.
Every donation is important and will enable me to be present and help others in need. Would you kindly consider making a donation? Also, I would appreciate your willingness to share this with others who may want to partner with me. Anything raised beyond my goal will go to help other students in the Cross Church School of Ministry program.
Thank you so much for being a part of my life and helping me be a small part of something so big, that transcends time and space, the advancement of the good news of Jesus Christ!

• Love 1