Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

I thought it was in a church, but they did it in a vestibule or something (hence needing to cover up the receptionist's desk).   Although not that you mention it I can't remember why they didn't do it in the sanctuary like normal.  Wasn't it the spot where they had originally gotten married or something?

• Love 2

The church had been remodeled since they got married so the physical spot where their wedding took place was now a vestibule or hallway.  They were very intent according to the episode in having what they called a vow removal on the exact spot of the wedding.  Yeah, if you're going to do something like that it makes sense to get the name right or else it sounds like you're trying to parrot production and missed the point. 

• Love 1

The church had been remodeled since they got married so the physical spot where their wedding took place was now a vestibule or hallway.  They were very intent according to the episode in having what they called a vow removal on the exact spot of the wedding.  Yeah, if you're going to do something like that it makes sense to get the name right or else it sounds like you're trying to parrot production and missed the point. 

I missed that episode. So they had their vows removed? Not a vow renewal but a vow removal? Or are you guys joking? So confused. 

• Love 2

LillyBee are you serious? Anna carried luggage to their room on their honeymoon? When is that girl going to wake up and run the other way? She is already looking like an overworked mule, with that big house, the steps, 3 kids under 5 yrs old, laundry, cooking, cleaning, homeschooling and "servicing Josh" for M#4. Hey, Michelle isn't doing anything...why doesn't she move in with them and help Anna with her laundry like she enjoys HER mother in law doing for her? No one at home will miss her...

• Love 3

I'm pretty sure it was Michelle who kept saying vow removal. I remember joking about it at the time. Quite funny. Not only did Anna haul the luggage into the room on their honeymoon, but in a later episode Josh left Anna with at least one child and the luggage to get all that into the airport. I think he managed one carryon.

• Love 2

No, I'm almost positive it was Jinger who said it..the camera backed up and had her saying it a couple of times. And when Michelle got her wedding dress from Kleinfield's in NYC, they realized that she was pregnant and had to hurry up their ceremony a few weeks

I have a feeling if Michelle is jealous , it's mostly about the attention her daughters are getting now. Like Kate Gosselin, Michelle wants to be the star of the show.

• Love 2

Jim Bob did give Smuggar some advice the day of his wedding. A couple of books, but then he also told him he needed to take his time with Anna has women "take longer."  Hopefully someone has prepared Jill and told her that it is an awesome thing.  Anna seems pretty happy with what Smuggar's been doing (she's still all touchy feely with him).  I would also hope that Derick's mom is giving him some tips and advice. They seem pretty close.

• Love 2

Wasn't Anna pregnant with Michael when Josh had her loading suitcases in to the car? God forbid Joshie do any heavy lifting and burn a calorie or two.

IIRC, when Jill was leaving Nepal, Derick loaded the bags. So far he hasn't given me any douche-y vibes so my hopes are high.

• Love 2

Jessa is the one who uttered the words "vow removal." The JSlaves had been working around the clock getting things ready for the ceremony and in a moment of total sleep deprivation Jessa (with Jinger) mentioned how much work they'd been doing for the "vow removal." She and Jinger both realized what she said and busted up. It was one of the few times I've ever liked Jessa.

Comparing Smuggar to Derick is laughable. Smuggar was a horny 20 year old prickwad; at 25, Derick is far more self-assured. Not to mention, he learned manners along the way, unlike the Turd.

• Love 8
(edited)

Just saw a few shots posted on FB from their new home. The outdoor kitchen is to die for. I wonder who is the wealthy partner? Once Jill turned 18 did TLC pay her instead of the parents?

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 1

Jim Bob has to be moving a bit away from Gothardism to allow Jill & Derick to marry. Besides having a college education and facial hair (heavens!), he's not been raised IBLP/ATI. His mom has a master's degree and has held very responsible positions with WalMart & Sam's Club for years. As far as money goes, I bet the Duggar girls get money from their book sales.

By the way, did anyone else hear Derick say to his mom at the airport, "It'll be okay. Just trust me." I can imagine she has some reservations about being tied to the Duggars.

• Love 2

I believe Derick's mom likes Jill, she just doesn't like the dog-and-pony show that comes with her. I've been on 12+ hour flights and the last thing I'd want upon arriving home is to be mobbed by a bunch of hyperactive children.

I'm assuming Jill will be moving closer to where Derick works. Hopefully that will give her some much needed distance.

• Love 4

So Jill is following FOX news and that means that they watch TV which is another clue that they are leaving Gothardism behind. I really think that because Derick's mom wears pants Jill will not far behind. I hope this stuff sticks so the rest of the girls can break free. Oh and both of them follow President Obama which is interesting.

• Love 1

They have computers, so here's hoping they're following the posts at recoveringgrace.org.

The only house pics I've seen have been on the Jill and Derick facebook page.

• Love 1
(edited)

When Jill is at work we see her in scrub tops, does she wear pants or a skirt on the bottom?  I don't see Jill wearing jeans anytime soon, but I can imagine her pretty quickly wearing scrub pants to work if she isn't already.

Does anyone know if their home is a rental or purchase? I would imagine an accountant with 20% down (from Jim Bob as a wedding gift but is really Jill's money from working on the show), could purchase a 250k house in Arkansas and it be really nice. Remember Josh and Anna pretending to go house hunting in Arkansas and they saw nice new houses in the low 200's. I'm curious if they purchase, meaning they may stay settled while Derrick works and Jill finishes her training vs renting and becoming full time missionaries in the near future.

Edited by silverspoons
  • Love 1

I hope Jill goes to college and becomes a CNM. That would mean a Master's degree at a minimum but she could pull a very good income. Where I live they make well over $100 grand.

• Love 1

I am not saying it could not happen, but Jill would be way behind if she went off to a real college. She would need help with just the basics since Mullet's homefooling would not help her with a lot of her courses she would need to take. She is lucky Derrick went to a real four year college and has a actual job.

I cannot picture Derrick making enough money for a down payment on a nice house. I would not be surprise if JimBoob gave them one of the houses he fixed up.

• Love 1

If she went to community college and got her RN she would be fine. At most she would need college algebra and they have remediation if necessary. She seems fairly intelligent so I don't think she would have a problem. In fact, most home schooled children perform higher on standardized tests.

• Love 4

I'm thinking that this is one of Boob's rentals. He's into buying run-down places and flipping them, but maybe he had this one on the market and pulled it to rent to Jerick for a cut rate. I can see them wanting to build up a bit of a nest egg and let Jill to finish up her midwife training (and dare we hope, go on to a real nursing school!). However, their ultimate goal is to be in the mission field. It's probably best for them to rent until the point in life when they have too many kids to be able to properly proselytize to the unwashed masses. Especially if Jill is constantly pregnant and has difficult pregnancies and/or deliveries (I hope not, but not everyone is a broodmare like Mullet or Kelly Bates).

I can see them staying put for a couple of years; Jill is certainly aware that TLC will want to chronicle the pregnancy/delivery of what will likely be the first Duggar daughter's baby.

• Love 1

Jill will need more than remedial math. My local community college only takes few students for their nursing programs. A student has to pass tests and be able to prove he or she will be a good student. I cannot imagine any Duggar child taking standardized college testing and coming close to college level skills.

• Love 1

I agree with bigskygirl, I'm currently in nursing school, and even most basic community colleges are pretty selective when it comes to nursing, it's pretty common to be wait listed. Let alone the math requirements, but nursing is heavily science based and I'm gonna venture a guess that the school of the kitchen table was not. To me chemistry was harder than algebra. Not to mention that someone might mention evolution in biology. Then once you've done basics there is an entrance exam. Not to say that she can't do it, but it's not necessarily an easy process.

• Love 4

I know all about it. I am a nurse and I still think Jill is capable of nursing school. She seems to have the intelligence necessary to learn what she needs to pass nursing school and the nclex exam.

• Love 2

I know all about it. I am a nurse and I still think Jill is capable of nursing school. She seems to have the intelligence necessary to learn what she needs to pass nursing school and the nclex exam.

I'm not sure the doubts are about Jill's intelligence, I think they're about the quality of education she received. I believe you might have pointed out that many home-schooled kids do great in college, but it hardly seems that the Duggars' schooling is on par with even the most mediocre schools. If Jill were to become a nurse, she might have to do some backtracking in order to make up for the deficits.

However, my understanding is that many hospitals support their employees' efforts to advance their medical skills and education. If Jill were to get some kind of credential, she might be able to build on that over the course of her career. 

• Love 3

For a formal invite format, they should have used formal names. My dad went by his middle name, but my husband and I circumvented this by using the phrasing, "Together with our parents we, [names here] joyfully invite you..."

But then again, my parents didn't foot the bill for the wedding; we were older and paid for most of it ourselves.

• Love 1

I wonder if Jill and Derrick will get the entire amount TLC pays for the wedding special? That would by around 100k for the 1 hour special and a very nice start to life? Maybe TLC gave them an advance for shooting the courtship, engagement and the rights to the wedding and that is how they got the down payment. I am leaning towards it being a rental because as much as Derrick was brought up differently then Jill, he is doing most everything Duggar style right now so I doubt he would be signing a mortgage a few weeks before marrying a debt free Duggar.

• Love 1

I am really hoping that the home that Jill and Derick rent is NOT owned by Jim Bob or Grandma Mary.  I can just see Jim Bob being both an intrusive landlord and father in law.  I can see him dictating to Jill that there are not enough bible quotes on the walls, and that there are two many non religious items on display.  I can also see him being nosy in the bathroom cabinet and confronting Jill or Derick about condoms, etc.  I could also see him requiring them to attend his church in order to stay there.   I also see him dictating the friends that Derick can have over.

• Love 3

Re: the invitation, if it just says "Mr. & Mrs. JB invite you blah, blah, blah...." , does this mean JB & Mullet are paying for the whole wedding ? No $ from the Dillards or from Derrick himself ?

And another thing, what exactly is "a prayer partner "? Does this mean Derrick would call JB on the phone and they would recite prayers together in unison ? Or did JB provide some kind of guidance or counseling ?

• Love 1

If she went to community college and got her RN she would be fine. At most she would need college algebra and they have remediation if necessary. She seems fairly intelligent so I don't think she would have a problem. In fact, most home schooled children perform higher on standardized tests.

I think she is intelligent enough to do so, but I think she'd need a LOT of remedial math and science courses before she could move toward an RN.

They look cute together. Nice outdoor kitchen too!

But what the hell are they eating? LMAO.

• Love 1

To get a two semester certificate at my local community college in basic Medical Office, a student has to take at least a beginning nursing class before going for the certificate. I am not saying Jill may not be able to become a nurse, but she has not have the schooling in math, science, and even basic English to start her training. Plus the fact, she would probably would not work with the same patients a regular nurse would come into contact with on a daily basic. I could imagine what would happen if she had to be around a naked man or a gay or lesbian. Plus she could not have a sister or brother come with her to protect her from being defrauded.

• Love 1