Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

On 12/8/2021 at 3:12 PM, BitterApple said:

I have to take back my earlier criticism of Jill's hair. The color looks much prettier in natural light than it did under the salon fluorescents. 

She looks fabulous!

• Love 10

I think the Dillard statement was from the heart and effective. However, based on the line "As a Christian" rather than "As Christians" it appears that one person (Derick) penned it. I'm sure he had Jill look it over and approve it before hitting send. Neither of them caught that. 

• Love 13

Is it possible that one reason Derrick was there religiously, taking copious notes (while I don't think he's an absolute monster and we have seen some evolution on his part. I could see him wanting to help Anna. He's part of the Duggar "injured Spouse" Club too.) is that he's trying to build a civil case against JB and Mullet? 

• Useful 6
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, asuwur said:

Is it possible that one reason Derrick was there religiously, taking copious notes (while I don't think he's an absolute monster and we have seen some evolution on his part. I could see him wanting to help Anna. He's part of the Duggar "injured Spouse" Club too.) is that he's trying to build a civil case against JB and Mullet? 

According to someone in the gallery (get your pound of salt ready) while Derick brought his note pad everyday he/she never saw him take notes. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 3

Making the analogy between the trial and a funeral is probably incredibly accurate in terms of the upheaval and turmoil the family has been going through, and will no doubt continue to go through for some time.   Hopefully by the time he is released they all will have achieved plenty of stability because that will no doubt churn plenty of muck back to the surface for all of them.   It's likely he returns to a dramatically changed family dynamic -- hopefully very much including his own household.   

• Love 13

Evidently Kim Kardashian West passed the "baby bar" exam in California. She evidently finally passed after failing it several times. 

Including it in this thread because I am wondering if Derick had to do something similar in Arkansas.

The California baby bar exam is given after the first year of law school for students attending an UNACCREDITED law school. They must pass the baby bar to enter their second year of law school. 

Derick graduated from an accredited law school, 

• Useful 9
  • Love 12
On 12/9/2021 at 3:52 PM, CountryGirl said:

I’m sad for the victims, not just his siblings, and their spouses, and his own family, his children especially, but for the innocents in those images and recordings, for their suffering in their creation, for their revictimization every single time some sicko clicks on them. 

I am sad for all involved except Sex Pest and his enabling parents. They turned onto this road to hell the moment they lied to minimize his abuse of his siblings. If there was true justice in this world, they would be locked up along with Pest.

I like Jill's new look and that she's going on with her life. 

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 21
22 minutes ago, beckie said:

What is the baby bar?

It is the end of first year law exam in California.  Basically if your law school is so low that it is unaccredited, you have to pass that exam to move on to the rest of your law schooling.  There are other cases where a student might need to take it due to other gaps in their schooling, but for people in traditional law school programs in the state it isn't a requirement. 

https://www.calbar.ca.gov/Admissions/Examinations/First-Year-Law-Students-Examination

• Useful 7
  • Love 3

I don't think there's such a thing as a "baby bar" exam in Arkansas - and if there were it would not be relevant to Derick's situation. He's a graduate of an accredited law school.

He has not yet passed the Arkansas bar exam (we think he took it), and if he wants to be a licensed lawyer he will have to take it (again) and pass it. It's not unusual for people to fail the bar exam on their first try and then pass it the next time they take it. BTW, a friend of mine who has had a stellar career in the law, failed the bar exam on her first try. Stuff happens. Just saying.

• Love 21
5 hours ago, peppergal said:

It is the end of first year law exam in California.  Basically if your law school is so low that it is unaccredited, you have to pass that exam to move on to the rest of your law schooling.  There are other cases where a student might need to take it due to other gaps in their schooling, but for people in traditional law school programs in the state it isn't a requirement. 

https://www.calbar.ca.gov/Admissions/Examinations/First-Year-Law-Students-Examination

Thanks!

• Love 1
46 minutes ago, Lukeysboat said:

Contrary to his campaign, he does not believe in freedom, but his manipulation has resulted in what is akin to human trafficking.

Is Derick comparing how the J'kids were treated on 19 Kids and Counting to human trafficking?

• Useful 6

I wonder how the holidays are going to go this year.  I'm guessing Jill and Derick will take the boys to see Cathy and Mr. B.  Perhaps they'll get together with some of the like-minded siblings before or after Christmas.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 5

Well, this is Derick, so he's probably using "human trafficking"  technically in that JB and Michelle would transport the kids across state lines for filming, which was was work, but the kids weren't being paid.

Good for him on everything else in that statement.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
14 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Well, this is Derick, so he's probably using "human trafficking"  technically in that JB and Michelle would transport the kids across state lines for filming, which was was work, but the kids weren't being paid.

Good for him on everything else in that statement.

Wikipedia’s definition of human trafficking: 

Human trafficking is the trade of humans for the purpose of forced labour, sexual slavery, or commercial sexual exploitation for the trafficker or others.

The “forced labor” part seems to apply here.

Also from part of their definition:

Human trafficking is a crime against the person because of the violation of the victim's rights of movement through coercion and because of their commercial exploitation.[9] Human trafficking is the trade in people, especially women and children, and does not necessarily involve the movement of the person from one place to another.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Useful 7
  • Love 12

SO brave of Derrick to throw out these accusations years after the fact.  So forthcoming and righteous of him to defend the family when OTHER people have started the ball rolling against Jim Bob.  He's a remora, latching onto others that are taking a stand against Jim Bob.  He rides coattails. 

And right, all this horrible behavior has JUST NOW come to his attention and JUST NOW he realizes that Jim Bob is an egotistical scumbag. 

Where was bold & outspoken Derrick when Jim Bob forced his wife to go on national TV and LIE to defend her perverted molester brother?  Oh yeah, he was harassing a teenager about their sexual orientation.  So brave, so upstanding, so righteous. 

He's as big a hypocrite as Josh.

• Love 4
12 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

SO brave of Derrick to throw out these accusations years after the fact.  So forthcoming and righteous of him to defend the family when OTHER people have started the ball rolling against Jim Bob.  He's a remora, latching onto others that are taking a stand against Jim Bob.  He rides coattails. 

And right, all this horrible behavior has JUST NOW come to his attention and JUST NOW he realizes that Jim Bob is an egotistical scumbag. 

Where was bold & outspoken Derrick when Jim Bob forced his wife to go on national TV and LIE to defend her perverted molester brother?  Oh yeah, he was harassing a teenager about their sexual orientation.  So brave, so upstanding, so righteous. 

He's as big a hypocrite as Josh.

Maybe, but I’m sure the timing today is no accident. 

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 7

Derick knows the assumptions people will make from "human trafficking" no matter what the technical definition. It's super manipulative of him, especially considering that he sought inclusion into that "human trafficking" and was an enthusiastic participant for years. 

I'm sorry, but as gross as reality tv is, equating it to the horrors of human trafficking is even worse. 

• Love 7
Just now, lascuba said:

Derick knows the assumptions people will make from "human trafficking" no matter what the technical definition. It's super manipulative of him, especially considering that he sought inclusion into that "human trafficking" and was an enthusiastic participant for years. 

I'm sorry, but as gross as reality tv is, equating it to the horrors of human trafficking is even worse. 

I think he meant it in terms of the minors having no choice in filming. JB and M have been exploiting their kids for money, and the kids were forced to participate. Yes, using the words “human trafficking” is a bit much, but right now I’m applauding him because I want to see JB go down.

• Love 22
3 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I think he meant it in terms of the minors having no choice in filming. JB and M have been exploiting their kids for money, and the kids were forced to participate. Yes, using the words “human trafficking” is a bit much, but right now I’m applauding him because I want to see JB go down.

And that's what Derick is banking on...we all so want to see JB go down that we'll cheer on any anti-JB statement from him while forgetting the fact that his an international god-bothering bigot who's never made a single acknowledgement of his wrongs. 

Jokes on him, I have a long memory and I can hate multiple fundies at once. The enemy of my enemy might be convenient, but he's not my friend. 

• Love 7