Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Well, if Anna is now of her husband's family, that's also a failure. Boobchelle have been radio silent. Does Anna have anyone to give her a daily pep talk? She can't even access social media to read how the leghumpers are praying for her. 

Both Anna and Lauren have dissed Michelle for not being supportive of them, so this likely is no surprise.

On the other hand, Anna has gone on and on about what a big support Grandma Mary has always been for her.

Based on the courtroom sketches and what people on Reddit who’ve attended in person, there isn’t a defense side or prosecution side to sit on, which is what I think people are picturing.  There’s just one spot area for everyone. Redditors aren’t there for Josh and they have been sitting right behind the family, so there’s no side. To the left is the defense and prosecution, in front is the judge and witness stand, to the right the jury box. So while Derick has been sitting by Anna, if he wants front row, there isn’t another spot, and it’s not like he’s sitting behind Josh. 

1006A0FF-78A6-4357-8691-86D2A1D48BF4.jpeg

Edited by Trillium
  • Useful 17
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, Trillium said:

Based on the courtroom sketches and what people on Reddit who’ve attended in person, there isn’t a defense side or prosecution side to sit on, which is what I think people are picturing.  There’s just one spot area for everyone. Redditors aren’t there for Josh and they have been sitting right behind the family, so there’s no side. To the left is the defense and prosecution, in front is the judge and witness stand, to the right the jury box. So while Derick has been sitting by Anna, if he wants front row, there isn’t another spot, and it’s not like he’s sitting behind Josh. 

1006A0FF-78A6-4357-8691-86D2A1D48BF4.jpeg

There's two female attorneys? And is that supposed to be Josh, in the middle, facing the judge?

5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

There's two female attorneys? And is that supposed to be Josh, in the middle, facing the judge?

No idea. They didn’t label who’s who. People could be attorneys or paralegals. I don’t think this particular sketch is of Josh though based on other drawings. You can Google to see a few more. 

55 minutes ago, Trillium said:

No idea. They didn’t label who’s who. People could be attorneys or paralegals. I don’t think this particular sketch is of Josh though based on other drawings. You can Google to see a few more. 

Answering in Josh/Anna thread.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Portia said:

I wish I were kidding, but I know people--the sort Jill and Derick probably know--who would be alarmed by Sammy's "gender inappropriate" behavior. (Good grief, my spouse's homophobic nephew nervously suggested more manly professions when his 4-year-old son announced he wanted to be an artist.) So I really love Jill for posting this pic. . 

I completely agree.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Portia said:

I wish I were kidding, but I know people--the sort Jill and Derick probably know--who would be alarmed by Sammy's "gender inappropriate" behavior. (Good grief, my spouse's homophobic nephew nervously suggested more manly professions when his 4-year-old son announced he wanted to be an artist.) So I really love Jill for posting this pic. . 

Which is a shame because that picture is legitimately adorable. He's concentrating so hard! My son would get the same look at that age when he was trying to focus on something really hard. 

• Love 17
12 hours ago, Portia said:

I saw one comment on that post that said that their relative or friend's son did that and when he grew up he was gay. I was not sure if it was a fundie or someone just trying to be snarky or rude.

On 12/4/2021 at 8:46 AM, GeeGolly said:

And is that supposed to be Josh, in the middle, facing the judge?

Seated guy, third person from left? I thought it was John-Boy Walton.

Glad to see Sam at the public library story time ...they can't read Noah's Ark every time. (Or probably not any time.)

• Love 1

Here's the article - https://people.com/tv/josh-duggar-trial-defense-rests-jury-must-decide-which-expert-to-believe/

Derick's quote is at the bottom, but this is what it says

At least one member of the courtroom gallery has seemingly already drawn some conclusions: Derick Dillard, Josh's brother-in-law and husband to Josh's sister Jill, told PEOPLE outside the courtroom that he felt there was only "unreasonable doubt" about whether Josh was guilty — but not "reasonable doubt."

He said he had been attending to gather all the facts. His wife, who was under subpoena, was on a list of potential witnesses but was never called.

Derick said he planned to be in court for the verdict, without Jill.

• Love 7

Derick's comment definitely reads as "Josh is guilty unless you tie yourself into a pretzel logistically". My guess is he gave a very lawyerly answer because he's fresh out of law school and that's how he thinks, and because he figures if it does get quoted and a future employer ever sees the quote, he's given a proper, legally correct answer. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 22

Am I wrong for being impressed that Derrick has been at the trial and plans to be there for the verdict without Jill?  I feel like in this way he is protecting her from the awfulness while at the same time, he's gathering all the information he can about his scumbag brother in law.  Maybe he's posturing because he wants a career in law, but if anyone can explain what's going on to Jill (assuming she wants to know), I would trust Derrick above anyone else.  I also like that while Derrick is taking this on (which can't be easy on him either), Jill is doing things like getting her hair colored and taking Sam to the library.  So - yay, Derrick?

I also find fascinating the list of siblings who have and have not been attending.  I feel like it's telling a story somehow.  Why did Jana go?  Why did Joy eventually go with Austin?  Why were Joe and JD absent?  Where's Big Meech in all of this?  How many siblings did Josh try to take down with him?  Layers upon layers.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 23
18 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

He’s a cutie. 😊

I remember that year or two when my oldest was in school and my younger son was home alone with me. There were a few field trips to Friendly’s among other things. Now the younger one is in high school and the older one is taking online college courses and occasionally asks me where the two of us are going for lunch 😊 

I miss Friendly's - many fond childhood and high school memories there. It was where we went to celebrate things and where all the kids went after football games. I remember feeling so independent when our moms finally allowed us to walk there by ourselves. Good times!

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

Dillards - here to fuck shit up.

4e8dqj1fjc481.jpg

There are obvious still problematic aspects with both Jill and Derick, but the stand she is taking for herself and her kids and the stand Derick has taken to support her and their family speaks volumes. 

It will take decades for her to fully unravel herself from the tangled web of abuse and indoctrination and denial browbeaten into her for the first 20-some years of her life. I think she will continue to grow along with her sons. I can only imagine how her views will change in another 10-20 years when she is even further removed from her FOO's toxic influence. Will she/Derick be 100% non-problematic someday? Probably not, but I do see capacity in both of them to change for the better.

At the very least I hope the direction they've taken will open as many viewpoints as possible for their sons to consider as they form their own perspectives of the world and eventually make their own decisions about the lives they will lead as adults someday.   Sad to think that a family determined to crank out eleventy million grandchildren is also a family that seems determined to keep as many of them from becoming productive and self sufficient members of society as possible.  

• Love 16
31 minutes ago, monkeypox said:

We have been lied to so much that we wanted to hear the evidence for ourselves in court.  After seeing all the evidence as it was presented, we believe that the jury reached a just verdict today, consistent with the truth beyond a reasonable doubt.

I'm curious to know when Jill and Derick found out the severity of Josh's sexual assault on then five-year-old Jane Doe #4. Did they find out from pretrial motions (last month)? Did Derick just find out during Bobye Holt's trial testimony? I didn't get the impression that Jill knew she was lying in the 2015 Megyn Kelly interview when she, Jessa, JB, and Meech falsely minimized what Josh did in order to try to keep the family on TV. I would feel very angry at my parents if I knew they lied to me to get my support to protect a sexual predator and continue to enrich themselves.

Edited by monkeypox
  • Love 22
3 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

👏 👏 👏 👏  👏 for Jill and Derick’s statement. Speaking their truth and acknowledging that justice was served and no one is ABOVE the law. Extending Grace to Anna. The caring for their nieces and nephews. 

But also noting the sadness they feel because Jill is sad and has a right to be sad. I know that after the initial elation of the verdict, I’m having a lot of emotions and it’s triggering me right now, given my own history as a CSA survivor.

I am relieved that justice was served but I am also sad that this trial ever had to be. 

I’m sad for the victims, not just his siblings, and their spouses, and his own family, his children especially, but for the innocents in those images and recordings, for their suffering in their creation, for their revictimization every single time some sicko clicks on them. 

But I hope all CSA victims can find some measure of peace tonight.  

Beautifully said.

I think the Dillards statement was thoughtful and sincere.

Thank you for sharing your experience with us and being so vulnerable. 

• Love 15

At this point, I wonder, what are the realistic chances of Jill/Derick packing up, taking the boys and leaving the state/not coming back? I don't think she and Jinger were ever especially close, but Jinger does live in Cali and 'only' has two kids, same as her.

Edited by LexieLily
10 hours ago, LexieLily said:

At this point, I wonder, what are the realistic chances of Jill/Derick packing up, taking the boys and leaving the state/not coming back?

I think Jill probably likes living in AR- that’s her home. She also has emotional ties to Amy, and her buddy group- James, Joy-Anna & Jennifer. I don’t know how much she has seen Jennifer lately but I don’t doubt she loves her very much. 

• Love 15
11 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think Jill probably likes living in AR- that’s her home. She also has emotional ties to Amy, and her buddy group- James, Joy-Anna & Jennifer. I don’t know how much she has seen Jennifer lately but I don’t doubt she loved her very much. 

As I noted in another thread, Derick's ties are also local, and he's very close to his mother and brother. I don't think they're going anywhere.

• Love 18

Also on a practical note, but I think a U of A law degree works a lot better in Arkansas (and, to a lesser extent, neighboring states). Pretty much every lawyer I know in Arkansas went to the U of A. The networking potential as an alumni is maximized by staying in-state. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
12 minutes ago, Absolom said:

I don't think a U of A law degree has the selling power in LA as it does in NWA.  Plus if Derick didn't pass the Arkansas bar after studying in AR, I don't like his chances on the California bar.  

Is the California bar known to be more difficult? 

I must confess that I initially read the LA in @Absolom's post as Louisiana, and I immediately agreed, thinking that even though it is a neighboring state, what with the Napoleonic Code's influence over there, that is probably not extensively covered at U of A's Law School. Though I was confused why they would be moving to Louisiana specifically. I feel really dumb now. LOL 

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

I must confess that I initially read the LA in @Absolom's post as Louisiana, and I immediately agreed, thinking that even though it is a neighboring state, what with the Napoleonic Code's influence over there, that is probably not extensively covered at U of A's Law School. Though I was confused why they would be moving to Louisiana specifically. I feel really dumb now. LOL 

I admit to the reverse.  I see someone posting about Louisiana as LA and I go what??? for a minute until I reset.  And to think my parents lived in Arkansas for 20 years and I still don't think of Louisiana first.  

• LOL 2
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Absolom said:

I admit to the reverse.  I see someone posting about Louisiana as LA and I go what??? for a minute until I reset.  And to think my parents lived in Arkansas for 20 years and I still don't think of Louisiana first.  

I have some permanent trauma from how many people on the internet keep calling Arkansas AK. No matter how many times I see it, I always just get so confused and think "WTF--what does Alaska have--oh. Oh." 😂 But now that I think about it, I guess it's not a postal code that comes up a lot if you're not in the state.

• LOL 3
  • Love 5
10 minutes ago, Zella said:

I have some permanent trauma from how many people on the internet keep calling Arkansas AK. No matter how many times I see it, I always just get so confused and think "WTF--what does Alaska have--oh. Oh." 😂 But now that I think about it, I guess it's not a postal code that comes up a lot if you're not in the state.

After writing or typing AR for 20 years for my parents, I'm the same way.  After all the AR is before the K.  

• Love 2

Folks also frequently forget the abbreviation for Maine and instinctively go for MA, which is Massachusetts. ME is Maine.

I agree there's no reason for Jill and Derick to move. Their family on both sides live in AR. And its not too far from OSU, which I see in the boys future.

• Love 8

So far, Derick is the only one who has expressed any criticism of Jim Bob and Meech. He took a mild, "we were lied to" swipe at them in the Dillard Official Statement, but none of the other J'kids/spouses has even hinted that JB and Meech did anything wrong. I would feel furious and used by my parents/in-laws in a similar situation.

• Love 12
13 minutes ago, monkeypox said:

So far, Derick is the only one who has expressed any criticism of Jim Bob and Meech. He took a mild, "we were lied to" swipe at them in the Dillard Official Statement, but none of the other J'kids/spouses has even hinted that JB and Meech did anything wrong. I would feel furious and used by my parents/in-laws in a similar situation.

I think these last couple of weeks and yesterday's conviction are a lot to take in. I'm not sure in any of the older Duggar 18 have been able to digest it all enough to know what they're feeling. And I'm not sure they'll all publicly acknowledge anything.

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think these last couple of weeks and yesterday's conviction are a lot to take in. I'm not sure in any of the older Duggar 18 have been able to digest it all enough to know what they're feeling. And I'm not sure they'll all publicly acknowledge anything.

I agree. I'm sure they are all being pushed hard by JB to support Josh and toe the line, and preached at incessantly about it, so there's that going on too. 

• Love 8