Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

12 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m wondering how Jill is feeling now that her brother’s trial is starting. 
I'm sure is is scared to have too much feeling because she was squashed last time she tried to bring about the truth. 

Oh, I missed this. When did this happen?

• Love 2
30 minutes ago, katycat74 said:

I just love she did this today, of all days. Good for her! I must say she wears blonde better than Jinger, lol.

I think Jinger is having a hard time staying sweet seeing this. So glad she did this today, though man, that color just brightens up her “countenance” and it’s definitely the best I’ve seen her look 

• Love 13

I think it's a dull, unflattering shade, the strands are shredded looking and it's all a desperate cry for something she will never find in a hair salon. 

And I still think the nose ring looks ridiculous.  Her neediness is just palpable. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

She needs to cut 2 feet off to complete the look.  Then she would look great.

Agreed. The blonde looks so good on her, a fresh shorter cut would be super sassy on her!

• Love 13

I don't like Jill's new hair color on her.  It's too cool for skintone or something.  The right hair color does not accentuate facial redness.  I don't remember Jill looking that red as a brunette.  I belive she has warm undertones,  and without makeup the cool blonde is not flattering. 

That being said, I love the color for myself.  I need to splurge and finally get my hair colored professionally.  I have a bit too much white for my 41 years.  I thing that is the right medium blonde for me and my neutral undertones.

• Love 18

IMO she doesn’t look right as a blonde. Too monochromatic. And the hair is identical to what Alyssa Webster just posted. I’m so glad she did something for herself though. 

Edited by awaken
  • Love 9
4 minutes ago, awaken said:

IMO she doesn’t look right as a blonde. Too monochromatic. And the hair is identical to what Alyssa Webster just posted. I’m so glad she did something for herself though. 

I was trying to figure out what I didn't like about it, and that's it. I think the base color needed to be a little deeper to add dimension. It's not totally awful, but not super flattering either. 

• Love 9

Jill looks very pretty with waves and layers around her long face, but the length draws it down farther and this color is too pale for her. Dying very long hair is a sure fire way to kill it (I know its dead). Before long her ends are going to be brittle and frizzy. I see a future of months of Jill doing the "balayage" al la Jinger, then being forced to cut the damage off, again a la Jinger.

• Love 11
8 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I don't like Jill's new hair color on her.  It's too cool for skintone or something.  The right hair color does not accentuate facial redness.  I don't remember Jill looking that red as a brunette.  I belive she has warm undertones,  and without makeup the cool blonde is not flattering. 

That being said, I love the color for myself.  I need to splurge and finally get my hair colored professionally.  I have a bit too much white for my 41 years.  I thing that is the right medium blonde for me and my neutral undertones.

Her skin doesn’t look red to me? 

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
9 hours ago, Stacey1014 said:

She looks good as a blonde. She looks like Alanis Morrisette. 

Agree. Needs a split ends trim and a good hot oil treatment. But it is a nice look for her. I think she looks a lot like Laraine Newman (sp?) of early SNL days. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 6
4 minutes ago, Trillium said:

(daddy likes very long hair and curls 🤢) this is a way to show them they have no control over her. She makes her own choices about her body. Good for her. 

So by having her very long hair done and in curls she's saying "screw you" to daddy exactly how? 

Yeah, she's not. 

I don't believe anything about her has been substantially altered.  She may not interact with her father, but she still follows his rules.  Subservient, patriarchal, sexist and hypocritical. None of her cosmetic "changes" counteract anything she was raised to believe.  She is the SAME as she was while living in his house.  

• Love 4

One of the speculations about Jill that has turned into fact is that she has been working on the trauma of the molestations. Personally, I see no evidence of this. Jill mentioned seeing a counselor, with Derick about two years ago. We have heard nothing about therapy at all since then. This speculation also assumes Jill is experiencing trauma symptoms, which I've seen none of. Although Jill does occasionally use the word anxiety, it is always in regard to an event.

With that said, if Jill does have any residual or compartmentalized feelings from the molestations, testifying has the potential to cause more harm than good. Being a witness in this trial to say yes, Josh molested me and my sisters is not putting Jill in control of her narrative. Jill will not be asked any questions on how the molestations affected her or her sisters. She will only be asked if it happened.

To me, that is very different than a victim testifying in a trial against their abuser for crimes committed on them. 

• Useful 9
  • Love 6
31 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

With that said, if Jill does have any residual or compartmentalized feelings from the molestations, testifying has the potential to cause more harm than good. Being a witness in this trial to say yes, Josh molested me and my sisters is not putting Jill in control of her narrative. Jill will not be asked any questions on how the molestations affected her or her sisters. She will only be asked if it happened.

To me, that is very different than a victim testifying in a trial against their abuser for crimes committed on them. 

1.  I'd argue, though, that she doesn't have any control over her narrative NOW. It's in the hands of attorneys/People/various internet commentators.

2. I'm honestly not understanding this point?

"To me, that is very different than a victim testifying in a trial against their abuser for crimes committed on them."

She is a victim. If she testifies - and that's still an if -- she is testifying against her abuser. She presumably will be testifying about crimes committed on her and crimes that she directly witnessed (barring the very slim possibility that her testimony will focus on the car lot and/or the car lot employees). So....this seems to be a victim testifying in a trial against her abuser for crimes committed on her. I'm not understanding the difference here?

• Love 10
37 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill mentioned seeing a counselor, with Derick about two years ago. We have heard nothing about therapy at all since then.

I don't if she is still is going but she talked about going when they got Fenna; going to a therapy appointment before a training class with Fenna.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, Portia said:

I really wish she'd just show up sporting a buzzcut, like a female coworker of mine once did because she felt like something new.  I feel like Jill would rock that look. 

Well if she cut off the 2 feet of hair as suggested, she would be left with a buzz cut or pixie. LOL. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 4
10 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

I don't if she is still is going but she talked about going when they got Fenna; going to a therapy appointment before a training class with Fenna.  

I think it's all bullshit now.  They referenced "couples" therapy back then, but I assume it was some claptrap fundie "counselor" just telling them to keep following the bible and persecute everybody different from them. 

Jill is just going down the "Social Media Relatability" checklist.  Wear jeans, own a pet, go to "therapy", get hair done, try alcohol, etc.  She's made sure every one of those has been fully documented to show how "changed" she is. 

Some of us just don't buy what she's desperate to sell.   

• Love 5
11 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I'm very fair like Jill. That Hair color is just too light; it washes her out. She should go no lighter than caramel with highlights. 

I agree that that shade of blond washes her out, but kudos to her for at least trying something new.  Go, Jill!  Yay!!!

• Love 3
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

She will only be asked if it happened.

She has already publicly said that it happened.   To me, if she's willing to go into court it should be more about protecting kids in the future than getting any kind of resolution for pain Smuggar caused in the past.  I never see this aspect discussed when there is talk about Jill or any of the others testifying against their brother.  

• Love 5
7 minutes ago, quarks said:

1.  I'd argue, though, that she doesn't have any control over her narrative NOW. It's in the hands of attorneys/People/various internet commentators.

2. I'm honestly not understanding this point?

"To me, that is very different than a victim testifying in a trial against their abuser for crimes committed on them."

She is a victim. If she testifies - and that's still an if -- she is testifying against her abuser. She presumably will be testifying about crimes committed on her and crimes that she directly witnessed (barring the very slim possibility that her testimony will focus on the car lot and/or the car lot employees). So....this seems to be a victim testifying in a trial against her abuser for crimes committed on her. I'm not understanding the difference here?

Jill will testifying in a court case regarding Josh's alleged use of CPA. Jill's testimony will be very narrow and only related to whether or not Josh molested her (& possibly her sisters) - full stop. She will not be facing her predator, explaining what he did, to punish him for that crime. Jill will not be telling her story and reducing the control the crime has over her.

As far as control of her narrative, your right she has none now. But it has been speculated that by testifying Jill will then be in control. That her testimony will be a powerful and therapeutic move. Its my opinion, if Jill does have unresolved trauma, her testimony will possibly open a place she's not ready to open. She could experience emotional flooding/shock.

Real trauma is just that - real. Its not something one easily has control over without some intense appropriate therapy.

If Jill has no unresolved trauma, testifying will likely make her nervous, maybe a little sad and possibly a little mad, then tomorrow will be a new day.

I really don't think Jill is charging into the courtroom, gung-ho, filled with hate ready to use her "power" to be a part of putting Josh in jail.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
9 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I really don't think Jill is charging into the courtroom, gung-ho, filled with hate ready to use her "power" to be a part of putting Josh in jail.

If she does end up on the witness stand it will be very interesting to see how the defense approaches her.  Will they want to use her to try to minimize what Smuggar did as a teen?  That could really backfire on them though.  

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, SusannahM said:

She has already publicly said that it happened.   To me, if she's willing to go into court it should be more about protecting kids in the future than getting any kind of resolution for pain Smuggar caused in the past.  I never see this aspect discussed when there is talk about Jill or any of the others testifying against their brother.  

Yes she did say it happened. On national TV. Personally I think the only reason Jill is willing to be a witness is because she was asked to. As simple as that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
5 minutes ago, SusannahM said:

If she does end up on the witness stand it will be very interesting to see how the defense approaches her.  Will they want to use her to try to minimize what Smuggar did as a teen?  That could really backfire on them though.  

Maybe they would try to question what happened, because if she was sleeping how does she know he did anything

Just guessing based by my tv knowledge

13 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill will testifying in a court case regarding Josh's alleged use of CPA. Jill's testimony will be very narrow and only related to whether or not Josh molested her (& possibly her sisters) - full stop. She will not be facing her predator, explaining what he did, to punish him for that crime. Jill will not be telling her story and reducing the control the crime has over her.

1. We don't know how narrow Jill's testimony might or might not be. Bobye Holt's testimony was fairly broad. 

2. But if she testifies - and we don't know that she will - any testimony related to whether or not Josh molested her is going to have to include an explanation of what Josh did. She can't just say, "Yep, he molested me," full stop. She has to explain what he did so that the jury can determine whether or not this was molestation and if this was the sort of molestation that might indicate a propensity for downloading CSA material - thus increasing the chances that he'll be found guilty and punished for that crime.

3. We do know that she will be facing her predator. She'll be in the witness stand. He'll be at the defense table.

4. We also know that she is a plaintiff in the civil case that starts up in less than two weeks, with the same presiding judge, and that as a plaintiff, she will probably have to testify about the effects of the In Touch article on her - but without facing Josh, who is the entire reason why In Touch had anything to report in the first place.

• Love 14
8 minutes ago, quarks said:

. She has to explain what he did so that the jury can determine whether or not this was molestation and if this was the sort of molestation that might indicate a propensity for downloading CSA material - thus increasing the chances that he'll be found guilty and punished for that crime.

I think the age she was and the ages of her sisters will play a big part in this.  From my understanding Smuggar was touching little girls.  The senior Duggars tried to make this all about a teenage boy's "natural" curiosity but that argument gets very difficult to make when we are talking about him molesting pre-adolescent girls.  Just having her acknowledge on the stand what is already general knowledge - but presented without the trademark Duggar spin - should be making Smuggar's lawyers worry.

• Love 11