Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

On 11/18/2021 at 10:06 PM, JoanArc said:

Oh, obeying the literal word of the Bible has never been a part of these people’s lives.

Derick's an a-hole, but I like to think he's helped steer Jill toward the type of Christianity that can differentiate between Levitical laws and the teachings of Jesus. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Portia said:

Derick's an a-hole, but I like to think he's helped steer Jill toward the type of Christianity that can differentiate between Levitical laws and the teachings of Jesus. 

I think the best we can hope for is the type of Christianity more based on Paul's teachings than Levitical laws. There are very few evangelical christians who really follow the red words of Jesus, they seem to prefer the hateful misogyny that is Paul.

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
4 minutes ago, anna0852 said:

Derrick is definitely taking some shots at his in-laws 

I think maybe he's just trying to normalize their courtship, but he's forgetting we know what went down. I doubt Jill snuck off to go on a ride with him, JB was there and likely allowed her to. As for the intimacy part, that word has a broad meaning and Derick is hoping we will speculate that they did normal dating stuff, when I doubt they even held hands, much less kiss.

• Love 15
4 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Notice the "No Longer A Slave To Fear" sign dangling from Jill's mirror. Interesting.

That's from the headband store Jill shills for, so I'm guessing they sent it to her. But I do like it!

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
21 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I think maybe he's just trying to normalize their courtship, but he's forgetting we know what went down. I doubt Jill snuck off to go on a ride with him, JB was there and likely allowed her to. As for the intimacy part, that word has a broad meaning and Derick is hoping we will speculate that they did normal dating stuff, when I doubt they even held hands, much less kiss.

Yeah, he's really trying to push the "breaking free" narrative that they're trying to make their brand. 

• Love 5
5 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

When you read between the lines it kind of sounds like Derick has low-key buyers remorse for his eagerness to court Jill.

I think you're right. He gives me Jessa "we're more in love than ever!" vibes. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, lascuba said:

I think you're right. He gives me Jessa "we're more in love than ever!" vibes. 

The whole post just sounds very weirdly worded, like he's thinking too carefully what to say. It doesn't have this natural "this is my love" flow at all.

• Love 8
35 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

OMG. Remember the "Smurf" man? He turned blue from taking it over an extended period of time.

well you should not drink it...but I do gargle with it and use it in a neti pot with other things...and my dh just got a bad burn on his hand...doc gave him silvadine...which has silver because it is  anti - microbial...and i told my doc I used silver ..and he was fine with it...but again...we don't drink it....so jill gets a pass on this...at least she is not rushing to have them take an unnecessary antibiotic.... 

• Love 6
56 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

When you read between the lines it kind of sounds like Derick has low-key buyers remorse for his eagerness to court Jill.

The part that really stuck out to me is the "started dating my best friend" line. I mean, he may think of Jill that way now, but it seems like it's also saying they were best friends then. And maybe he sincerely saw it that way, but it seems like he's trying to make their courtship seem a lot more normal than it was. I have a hard time believing that either one of them truly knew each other well enough to be legitimate best friends when they started their relationship. 

• Love 21
21 minutes ago, Zella said:

The part that really stuck out to me is the "started dating my best friend" line. I mean, he may think of Jill that way now, but it seems like it's also saying they were best friends then. And maybe he sincerely saw it that way, but it seems like he's trying to make their courtship seem a lot more normal than it was. I have a hard time believing that either one of them truly knew each other well enough to be legitimate best friends when they started their relationship. 

I know Derick's writing style well enough to know that "best friend" and this sort of mushy stuff isn't the sort of thing normally in his vocabulary. It feels a bit like Jill wrote the post and he posted it. It also sounds like he's trying to make the best of what's been a very trying 8 years. I could be wrong, but that's just my hunch.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I'd like to know how anyone rides on a motorcycle sidesaddle.  It doesn't look safe at all, especially if she didn't put her arms around him.

Isn't "dating" forbidden in their culture?  Don't they go from an introduction right in to "courting with a purpose?"  

Trying to normalize their early relationship isn't workable, IMO.

• Love 13

I lean nutty crunchy, but I'm wary of the all natural bandwagon. None of it is regulated and watchdog groups have examined some of the more mainstream natural treatments and have found that many in pill form are inconsistent. One bottle could have pills with no active ingredients and pills with different amounts of it, in the same bottle.

Jill's elderberry concentrate could be a rip off and not contain elderberry at all, but contain, say, grape and raspberry flavoring. Or it could be toxic enough to harm if unripened or raw elderberries were used.

Chances are her products are fine, but why take a chance, especially with kids, for such little pay off?

• Love 11

They are attempting to rewrite history, calling it dating when they all called it courting at the time.  Calling it dating doesn't make it look any more like regular dating.  That makes it sound even more awkward than it already was.   Jill: "Derick officially asked me to start dating him" - I don't think that's how people talk about dating.

They don't acknowledge that they started off as strangers and they certainly weren't best friends before they knew each other, pretty much not until they got to know each other after marrying.

Edited by Suzn
  • Love 16
17 minutes ago, Suzn said:

They are attempting to rewrite history, calling it dating when they all called it courting at the time.  Calling it dating doesn't make it look any more like regular dating.  That makes it sound even more awkward than it already was.   Jill: "Derick officially asked me to start dating him" - I don't think that's how people talk about dating.

They don't acknowledge that they started off as strangers and they certainly weren't best friends before they knew each other, pretty much not until they got to know each other after marrying.

It does sound like a note passed in 6th grade. Will you go out with me? Check yes or no. 🤣

• LOL 18
1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

Ugh. Is that the crap that Jim Bakker was shilling as a cure for Covid?

I have a friend who was trying to get me to take it a few years ago when I was having intestinal issues. I did not go near it. 

45 minutes ago, Zella said:

Yes. Jimbo was calling it the Silver Solution. 🙄

He is a wacko. He also was sued over it. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 8
18 hours ago, lascuba said:

Yeah, he's really trying to push the "breaking free" narrative that they're trying to make their brand. 

What's funny is, even in one of their "breaking free" Q & A videos, they continued to applaud JB & M. I keep thinking they really want it both ways, but in my next breath I think - it does appear to be working in their favor.

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

What's funny is, even in one of their "breaking free" Q & A videos, they continued to applaud JB & M. I keep thinking they really want it both ways, but in my next breath I think - it does appear to be working in their favor.

Yeah, lots of people are buying the bullshit. 😒

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Their car radio is on a country music station.  Chock full of songs about dancing, beer drinking and fornicating. 

Though I guess Jesus can still take the wheel if Jill needs it.

Congratulations Dullards, you are even bigger hypocrites than before! 

• Love 6

Colloidal silver is not a safe remedy. It's not only worthless, it can be dangerous.

I'm so glad Jill The Ignoramus never went into nursing and never 'practiced' midwifery. She'd get someone killed. Silver is toxic and not necessary for the body. She's a idiot.

I have to wonder if any 'cold' is COVID. I knwo that it well culd be, but you never know with these types of people. I hope the boys get/are vaxxed. If figure J&D did it 'cause Cathy's immunosuppressed.

What's funny is, even in one of their "breaking free" Q & A videos, they continued to applaud JB & M.

I mean, they're still all-in on that multi-million lawsuit, right? Keep sucking JB's tiddy, Derrick!

Edited by JoanArc
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4

Their car radio is on a country music station.

Good.  I'm not a fan of country music, but I'm glad they open their ears to stuff other than religious songs unlike most of Jill's siblings.

Edited by Gemma Violet
  • Love 13