Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, DXD526 said:

Maybe the kiddies will be athletically inclined. If either of the kids becomes Pistol Pete, I assume that means they can't play on a team. So I hope Deertick doesn't pressure them to put on the spurs if they'd rather play a sport. 

Of course, considering these cult members are going to instill their awful beliefs in their kids, worrying about sports is probably a waste of time...

I think that if the kids were to play a sport in college Derrick would be one proud father. 

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Sending a child to public school with a gun themed costume. What could go wrong? 

Cowboys are popular with kids, I wouldn’t be surprised if there were a few Woodys from Toy Story.

• Love 14
On 10/30/2021 at 3:12 PM, Westiepeach said:

LOL! Sheesh, for almost $900, they couldn’t throw in the $4 shipping???

I would bet you could walk into any used book store in Oklahoma and find a copy for 50 cents.

• LOL 7

I get Derick's emotional attachment to the Pistol Pete thing, though I also think he uses it as a substitute for having a real personality. (In the same way Jeremy apparently thinks eating burgers gives him one or Jana thinks having an aesthetic best described as Tampax commercial by way of Pinterest gives her one.) 

I wouldn't be surprised if his friends and other Arkansans he knows have been bewildered by his Pistol Pete fandom, and it causes him to double down even more.

He's all up in Pistol Pete's business, and Tusk is right there, automatically being a cooler mascot with his own book! 

41zalMnnDjL._BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 18
  • Love 2
On 11/1/2021 at 12:15 PM, Zella said:

I get Derick's emotional attachment to the Pistol Pete thing, though I also think he uses it as a substitute for having a real personality. (In the same way Jeremy apparently thinks eating burgers gives him one or Jana thinks having an aesthetic best described as Tampax commercial by way of Pinterest gives her one.) 

I wouldn't be surprised if his friends and other Arkansans he knows have been bewildered by his Pistol Pete fandom, and it causes him to double down even more.

He's all up in Pistol Pete's business, and Tusk is right there, automatically being a cooler mascot with his own book! 

41zalMnnDjL._BO1,204,203,200_.jpg

And still, not half as cool as Brutus!  He is featured in multiple books for kids. As his bio states 'he went from nut to famous mascot'.

image.png.4384fd9f275402a0013b03412bf69b81.pngimage.png.c7135f018ff9125c13e7ad86c1db4c42.pngimage.png.6cda7d40ec12492329df2c9baa318e0b.png

Edited by Rootbeer
  • LOL 14
  • Love 1
On 10/31/2021 at 10:15 PM, lascuba said:

Derick's obsession with Pistol Pete is absurd. WHO cares about their college mascot days so much that they look for stupid obscure books about it so their kid can dress up? 

Maybe that was the highlight of Derek’s college?

• Love 12
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Maybe that was the highlight of Derek’s college?

It was obviously a great time for him and a legacy of sorts. I have a friend that was our high school mascot and she still brings it up 30+ years later. 

• Love 16

I'm also going to play amateur psychologist and say that Derick might have a very rose-colored view of his college days because that was the last time he was "normal."

I think (actually not just think, I KNOW) that there must be times Derick is so overwhelmed by having a wife so overwhelmingly needy and so lacking in some of the most basic life skills. You got a sense of this during their video about evolution: it seemed as if Jill's thoughts on evolution were based on some Bible study coloring book. Derick is politically conservative and definitely religious, but he's clearly an educated person.

When limerence wears off and you're stuck with a wife who can barely put together a sentence, it's ... not fun. So of course Derick is nostalgic for the days when he was a track star in college.

• Useful 5
  • Love 13

I don't know, the caption is bit off. Like Jill lives with her "favorite people" so I'm not sure why she feels thankful to be able to enjoy the weather with them.

To me its sounds more like something one would write after spending time with guests.

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I think Izzy has Jill's eyes though. Everything else is Dillard.

Sam is all Duggar mostly because there is nothing Dillard about him. I would say there is a strong resemblance to John David. 

I see alot of Cathy in Sam. I'm probably the only one who does though.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

I think Izzy has Jill's eyes though. Everything else is Dillard.

Sam is all Duggar mostly because there is nothing Dillard about him. I would say there is a strong resemblance to John David. 

I see James' big, round head. 

• Love 3
42 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Maybe Jill's working the nerve up to get a tattoo?

I really think that's it. Her dreadlocks idea got shot down, so she's looking for another outward sign of rebellion she can show off. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill's vaguebooking again. I wonder if the Josh stuff is causing her anxiety.

I wouldn’t be surprised. She’s the only one who has gotten some therapy, so a lot of those emotions are still at the surface (I’m pretty sure the other girls have pushed them down as far as they can).  Hopefully, she’ll go back to therapy if she feels like she needs it. And not really read or watch anything related to the trial. She already knows who her brother is on the inside. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
On 11/16/2021 at 6:21 PM, lascuba said:

I really think that's it. Her dreadlocks idea got shot down, so she's looking for another outward sign of rebellion she can show off. 

Tshirts with profanity, Jill.

• LOL 11
33 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

In her family tattoos might seem rebellious but I would think that tattoos are pretty mainstream in society now so she’d still be about 10 years behind.

True, but people still go on and on when a Duggar girl where's pants, the reaction to one getting a tattoo would reopen the ozone layer. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 3
33 minutes ago, Quilt Fairy said:

There is speculation that Jill is anxious because she may be called to testify at Josh's trial about the 2003 molestation. 

She's not on the prosecution's list AFAIK. The only witnesses (besides experts) I have seen are the guy from jail, Bobye Holt, and Boob himself. 

There's no need to revictimize when Smuggar confessed his transgressions to his father. All they need is proof of a history.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
45 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

In her family tattoos might seem rebellious but I would think that tattoos are pretty mainstream in society now so she’d still be about 10 years behind.

I can see her gettin one then getting Instagram comments about the Bible forbidding them. A very Duggar faux pas.

• Useful 2
17 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

I can see her gettin one then getting Instagram comments about the Bible forbidding them. A very Duggar faux pas.

I dunno. It's very in amongst Millennial and Gen Z Christians to get a short bible verse tattooed on their arm. Or a cross on the wrist. Famy has one. So does Steph Curry. They're both a few years OLDER than Jill.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
20 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I dunno. It's very in amongst Millennial and Gen Z Christians to get a short bible verse tattooed on their arm. Or a cross on the wrist. Famy has one. So does Steph Curry. They're both a few years OLDER than Jill.

Oh, obeying the literal word of the Bible has never been a part of these people’s lives.

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
3 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

There is speculation that Jill is anxious because she may be called to testify at Josh's trial about the 2003 molestation. 

She may just be anxious about the all being talked about again. She also has kids now.  Maybe she’s worried about Israel hearing something at school. I really hope he doesn’t. It not his (or Jill’s) fault that his uncle is a big perv. 

• Love 16