Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

The ignoring of Israel’s inquiries is something that hasn’t changed with Jill and Derick. I get that a constant barrage of questions from a child can sometimes be tiresome. However, ignoring the questions or observation of a child is sad.

• Love 20

Israel is a very bright and inquisitive child.  The difference between him and his feral cousins is that he asks questions, whereas Spurgeon would say something like "God made us see the moon today because he can do anything".  Very sad.

• Love 20
(edited)

Hmm, I wonder which cousin called her? 😋

But anyway congratulations to Derreck. It is an accomplishment. At least his family will be eating three meals a day this time next year while the rest of Jill’s family it’s starting to Eye cans of catfood at the supermarket.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Useful 1
  • Love 10
11 hours ago, Zella said:

LOL Derick still pretending he willingly stepped away rather than was fired. Mkay. 

And Jill claiming she also stepped away when she's been to Ivy's and Bella's births.

I find it interesting that they came out the gate with the information that they found out about the cancellation when TLC announced it. I don't find anything wrong with it, but it really does make it seem that they're making the family separation their brand and are trying to capitalize on that.

• Love 13
5 hours ago, lascuba said:

And Jill claiming she also stepped away when she's been to Ivy's and Bella's births.

I find it interesting that they came out the gate with the information that they found out about the cancellation when TLC announced it. I don't find anything wrong with it, but it really does make it seem that they're making the family separation their brand and are trying to capitalize on that.

And that they were initially barred about speaking about leaving the show. Derick's been giving multiple reasons for leaving the show since almost before we knew they were gone.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, zenme said:

Yes. She looks like she’s had the baby. 

You and others may be right, but I’m surprised Jessa could have the energy to get herself and kids out for a get-together with a newborn. Maybe Bin got the kids up and out and Jessa only had to show up. 

• Love 4

Jill and Derick are going to get their vaccine Chipotle and Krispy Kreme so they got vaxxed today. Go Jill! Since Arkansas has such low vaccination rates it's great that Jill's getting jabbed. Yay!

Also in that picture Izzy and Sam quite frankly look like kids who go out and about so their parents want them to look clean and neat. Jessa's kids look like they never go anywhere so there's no need to look presentable.

• Love 17

Jill's talking in her stories about taking a road trip to Oregon. I guess they're planning to go after Derelict takes the bar, but does this indicate that he isn't working now? Because what employer gives that much time off to a brand new employee?

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
(edited)

I don't think it's completely unusual after taking the bar.  The law firm where my daughter worked TOLD her to take a vacation.  We went on a two week trip IIRC.  I hope they have an enjoyable time and I'm very happy to hear they received at least one dose of vaccine.  

Whatever happened to Derick while he was doing that year of alleged Cross Church training seems to have turned his path and that of their family to a much better one.

Edited by Absolom
  • Useful 1
  • Love 12

I guess it's better late than never, but I am really side-eying them only getting vaccinated now. In Arkansas, every adult has been eligible for the vaccine, with no occupational or medical complication requirement, since late March/early April. I've seen lots of news stuff of vaccine clinics begging people to come out and get vaccinated since then and commenting on more supply than demand. 

• Love 23
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

I guess it's better late than never, but I am really side-eying them only getting vaccinated now. In Arkansas, every adult has been eligible for the vaccine, with no occupational or medical complication requirement, since late March/early April. I've seen lots of news stuff of vaccine clinics begging people to come out and get vaccinated since then and commenting on more supply than demand. 

Well she looks to be the only Duggar who's gotten jabbed and shared it on SM so ... yay. 

• Love 21
4 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

she looks to be the only Duggar who's gotten jabbed and shared it on SM

That's why I said better late than never. But I don't find them going around unvaccinated with spotty mask wearing particularly laudatory, especially when they have a small child in public school who isn't eligible for a vaccine yet. 

• Love 12
(edited)
2 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Is it possible that they're already vaxxed and just had to show their cards for the free food? They weren't vaxxing people at Chipotle, were they?

That's entirely possible. I just saw someone posted about them getting the vaccine today and assumed that the timing was true. 

Having actually looked at the post, it does seem like they were just cashing in on the incentive today and the post says nothing about being vaxxed today, so it is entirely possible they have been vaccinated before now and only just found their way to Chipotle. I reserve judgment until we have confirmation on timing. LOL

Edited by Zella
  • Love 12
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Can I still get free shit at Chipotle if I show my card even though I got vaxxed months ago? I need to know this lol.

I just checked Jill's story. She called it the "free vaccine burritos." I think they're already vaxxed. But as @Zella noted, AR is desperate to get people vaxxed. Sounds like Chipotle ran a special. (Didn't see the post above mine. It looks like they DID run a special that went beyond AR.)

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 7

I know that everyone should get vaxxed, but let me tell you, in some places admitting you've gotten vaxxed is akin to treason. I don't get that mindset myself but I know it exists and I suspect among the Duggar social circles it's the prevalent mindset.

46 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I just checked Jill's story. She called it the "free vaccine burritos." I think they're already vaxxed. But as @Zella noted, AR is desperate to get people vaxxed. Sounds like Chipotle ran a special. (Didn't see the post above mine. It looks like they DID run a special that went beyond AR.)

At one point, AR was even doling out free lotto tickets in exchange for getting vaccinated! Not sure if that offer is still valid. I personally never did cash in on it, and I don't off-hand know anyone who did. But I assume some did!  

• Useful 1

I just love how much insight into his true and authentic self Deertick is giving his potential employers.   

Tons of social media proof of the prominent lying, backstabbing, family disloyalty, God-bothering, scamming, science discounting, threatening extortion, grifting, child endangering and so many other goodies he's displayed over the years.   

It's all out there.  True and authentic, a job well done!

• Love 4

Color me (pleasantly) surprised that Jill and Derick got vaccinated. Arkansas is one of they very low vax states and with fundie God will protect attitudes, I'd never have expected them to vaccinate. Looks like Jill is really getting on with her life as she wants to live, not as she was raised. As for when they got vaccinated, I don't think it was yesterday. I'm not suggesting that she and Derick were scrambling to get a vax in February but when she mentioned Chipotle and vaccines, Derick said - you're making it sound like we're getting our vaccines at Chipotle. In reality it was just that Chipotle's free burrito days were this week. AND she mentioned that they have been getting Krispy Kreme regularly with their vaccine cards -- leading me to believe they've been vaccinated for a little bit (bc you can go back to KK for a free donut as many times as you wan this yr with your card) - because they've already been taking advantage of that promotion.

• Useful 3
  • Love 12
16 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jill's talking in her stories about taking a road trip to Oregon. I guess they're planning to go after Derelict takes the bar, but does this indicate that he isn't working now? Because what employer gives that much time off to a brand new employee?

Completely standard for you to take the bar in July and start your new law job in Sept. New lawyers almost always get all of August off as their "last" summer vacation bc you normally roll straight from law school graduation into bar studying with no time off. I don't know any employer who forces their new attorneys to start the week after the bar. So it's very normal to take a LONG vacation - usually directly proportional to how much income you'll be bringing in + the hrs you'll be working - i.e. if you've gotten hired at a big firm for big $$$ you know you'll be working 60+ hrs/wk, so you REALLY go all out on a vacation before you start. (Not suggesting that's the case for Derick - I could easily see him going to a non profit or gov't where the pay is much lower in return for 40 hrs/wk.)

• Useful 9
  • Love 10
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Quilt Fairy said:

For kids that are always being filmed for social media, Jessa's 2 boys look fearful and apprehensive in that group picture, particularly in comparison to Izzy and Sam. 

Yes.  Either Jill's kids are performing on command (which Sam Does. Not. Ever. Do.  In my opinion.  😀 He usually looks sullen or confused), or Jessa's boys (who do seem capable of performing on command) are very unhappy and/or leery of the strangers from the production crew....or of something.

Edit to add, I'm only referring to the picture posted earlier at their lunch with the former crew, not to the kids in general.  Except for Sam, who never seems to have a lot of f's to give, IMO.

Edited by CouchTater
  • LOL 2
  • Love 4

So I haven't followed much about this couple besides some of Derick's law school stuff - why do people say that Israel/Sam look happy and full of life now whereas Spurgeon and his siblings USED to be this way but aren't now. I know for Israel/Sam it may be going to school + parents backing off the fundie thing and maybe being more like their parents and not their jailers + NOT having a new sibling yearly. But what has changed for Spurgeon and co.? It's not like he was going to school before and has been pulled out or something. Why do we think her kids seem unhappy? Did Spurgeon used to be an outgoing/happy kind of kid?

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, cereality said:

So I haven't followed much about this couple besides some of Derick's law school stuff - why do people say that Israel/Sam look happy and full of life now whereas Spurgeon and his siblings USED to be this way but aren't now. I know for Israel/Sam it may be going to school + parents backing off the fundie thing and maybe being more like their parents and not their jailers + NOT having a new sibling yearly. But what has changed for Spurgeon and co.? It's not like he was going to school before and has been pulled out or something. Why do we think her kids seem unhappy? Did Spurgeon used to be an outgoing/happy kind of kid?

I personally don't see a big difference in affect, although Izzy is much less timid than he used to be. And Spurgie seems just as bright, but I think he appears brighter when the focus is on him and not his siblings.

• Love 1
2 hours ago, leighdear said:

I just love how much insight into his true and authentic self Deertick is giving his potential employers.   

Tons of social media proof of the prominent lying, backstabbing, family disloyalty, God-bothering, scamming, science discounting, threatening extortion, grifting, child endangering and so many other goodies he's displayed over the years.   

It's all out there.  True and authentic, a job well done!

Those things would qualify him for a lot of lawyering jobs.

• Love 3