Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

13 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Below is another quote from the blog. I'm thinking Jill didn't CLEP-out of as many classes as she thought she would.

"After I’ve CLEPped out of all the classes I can, I’ll be transferring in to a local fully accredited nursing school to complete my degree."

She could still do it and I would be pleasantly surprised if she did.

• Love 21
(edited)

Most schools will only allow a few CLEPd classes. And CLEP is only for intro level classes. She wouldn’t just be able to transfer, either, nursing is competitive and requires an actual good GPA. Not to say she can’t still do it, but it would be, gasp, work. A lot of it. Just to get in. Sam will be in school soon, so maybe it will still happen.

James is 19 now, so the same age Jill was writing all of that. I wish Jill would let a buddy or two live with her for a few months. Might foster a few defections, so JB won’t allow it.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 16
12 hours ago, Zella said:

I must confess, I didn't initially recognize James in the pictures--I couldn't pick any of those kids out of a lineup past Jert and Jernie, minus Josie--but I do think it is nice he got to attend, regardless of whatever logistics went into it. He seemed to be enjoying himself, and even if he only got to fly the TTH coop for a few hours, I'm sure it was a relief. 

I don't mean this in a bad way, but is there a reason that so many of the Duggar boys are so small?  I wonder if poor nutrition stunted their growth.  Or if there is some kind of genetic issue going on.  They all look so small and elfin.  This is not meant to offend any small people or elves.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 10
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

I don't mean this in a bad way, but is there a reason that so many of the Duggar boys are so small?  I wonder if poor nutrition stunted their growth.  Or if there is some kind of genetic issue going on.  They all look so small and elfin.  This is not meant to offend any small people or elves.

Genetic. Boob was a puny child too. A lot of their lifestyle is making up for that.

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

s there a reason that so many of the Duggar boys are so small?

It is rather curious isn't it? I wonder if studies have ever been done to determine if women who have had many births equates to producing children who end up being less hearty and more runtish.   It would be interesting!

• Love 3

Was there absolutely no water, even an indoor pool, she could be near? I get its modest but you'd never know it was swimwear if she didn't say it. The pics are fine on their own but not as a swimwear ad.

• Love 13

I’m surprised JB let James go to Dereks graduation, what if he comes home and says he’d like to go to college? What if god forbid he spoke to someone who wasn’t a Christian? Would he punished for life? 

• Love 8
(edited)

I don't actually see evidence that Jill's CLEP'd out of anything. https://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2011/09/?m=0

All I see in this whole post is that they put Jill's ambitions and hopes to do this -- which I know she had -- in the form of the College Plus "influencer" ads that the Duggars were running at that time. .... And because there's a bit of unclarity and welshing with the grammar of the verbs, you could potentially read it as saying she's already CLEP'd out of some things. But you can also read it as that just being a hypothetical statement about something she hopes and plans to do in the near future. 

Here's the post, clearly -- to me, anyway -- written by an advertising/PR person for College Plus, not by a Duggar kid. It's an influencer post on their blog -- because we didn't used to have instagram. And they also did some videos along the same lines -- 

"My name is Jill, and I am the 4th of 19 Duggar kids. Over the past few years, while considering my future plans, I’ve become very interested in nursing. PR SPEAK referring to some dramatic event that the intended audience for this ad would know about --->>> When my little sister Josie was born prematurely, I spent a lot of time in the hospital with her and this really increased my nursing interest. I’ve decided to earn a Bachelors of Science in Nursing to allow me to pursue nursing.

"MORE PR SPEAK _- "With 19 kids in our family" ...."one of the busiest families out there" -- right out of generic advertising language -- >>>With 19 kids in our family, we’re probably one of the busiest families out there. Besides family activities and travels, I’m also a First Responder with our local Fire Department. This has given me more medical training and experience, but it’s also added to my busyness. AM I MISSING SOMETHING? WHEN HAS ANYBODY ACTUALLY SAID THAT JILL OR ANYBODY ELSE WAS STARTING COLLEGE STUDIES AT THE SOTDRT? -->>>>So as I started into my college studies, I needed flexibility. DETAILS? EVIDENCE? HAVE WE EVER HEARD ABOUT THIS ANYWHERE EXCEPT IN THIS AD?? -->>>>>>I’m currently studying for some of my general education classes independently and then taking CLEP exams to earn the college credit.

THIS IS PURE ADVERTISING SPEAK -- BENEFITS, NOT FEATURES. SOME AD WRITER WROTE THIS GENERIC THING AND PLUGGED IN JILL"s DETAILS -- >>>>"This allows me to study any time I want to and from anywhere in the world our family happens to be. Not only is this approach flexible, it’s also a lot cheaper. After I’ve CLEPped out of all the classes I can, I’ll be transferring in to a local fully accredited nursing school to complete my degree.

THIS TOO IS CLEARLY WRITTEN BY AN ADVERISNG PERSON -- "There’s a really awesome college program called CollegePlus! which is helping me with this process, from researching the tests I can take, to studying for them, and later will help me with the transfer process. Go to http://www.collegeplus.org/duggars to find out more and see the college plans my siblings have."

I find it suspicious because, if she had CLEP'd out of some particular class or classes, she doesn't mention what they were. ... I would, wouldn't you? Wouldn't she be proud of the subjects in which she'd earned that beyond-the-Dining-Room-Table credit? Wouldn't the company -- which to my eye clearly wrote most of this -- want her to list those courses she'd CLEP'd out of....if they existed?

They certainly have put the details in their other advertisements. That's been a feature of their ads, always. So why not state the specifics in Jill's case if she actually achieved something? The only specifics I heard in any Duggar video about this were just about the subject matter that the kids said they were interested in. Other College Plus (now Unbound) ads include specific numbers of tests people passed, specific tests they passed, specific courses they got credit for, specific colleges to which submitted those records....But with the Duggars -- no such thing. Just very general ambitions paired with a general description (using hard-to-pin-down verb tenses) of what College Plus guides students to do. 

And frankly, I really really really have a hard time believing that the Duggar Academy can get you college credit for anything. Or that anybody ever "started into college studies" at Duggar Academy. 

Am I really missing something? Has anybody heard that Jill -- or any of them -- actually took any tests that actually provide college credit? Or submitted them to any colleges? Or that the SODRT at the Duggar house ever included beginning general-studies college-level courses?

I've never heard any such thing except in these advertisements that they were doing for a while for College Plus, so I just don't believe it. 

I believe that Jill wanted all this to be true and probably struggled to make it be true. But I don't see any evidence at all that "starting into college courses" or taking CLEP or any other kind of credit-earning course ever happened. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 19

The College Plus material was supposed to help her prepare for the exams in lieu of taking actual classes.  I don't remember any evidence that Jill ever completed any of the tests.

• Useful 4
  • Love 8
(edited)
46 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

I’m surprised JB let James go to Dereks graduation, what if he comes home and says he’d like to go to college? What if god forbid he spoke to someone who wasn’t a Christian? Would he punished for life? 

My best guess is Jill  and Derick could probably walk into the house and take the kids out for ice cream with few issues right now because as long they aren't giving a tell-all JB/M can't be bothered with anything that isn't Josh/keeping the income coming despite Josh related. The other kids may have never be freer as JB and M probably care very little about what their doing for the Josh reasons. 

Edited by Gigi43
  • Useful 1
  • Love 19
34 minutes ago, FizzyPuff said:

I think James and Jill have a strong bond. He probably has a car and sprung at the chance to get away for the day. I would. 

• Love 13

James is 19 yrs old. maybe he found a bit of spine and said I am going to stay with Jill and Derick. Won't last since James' J and J environmental services llc is a JB owned thing. James might own the name but the heavy equipment shown recently on James' instagram is surely owned by JB.

Hilaria Spivey loves James, maybe he can bail off to Spivey construction

• Love 16
1 hour ago, hathorlive said:

I guess my hope is that by any Duggar seeing a graduation, it may stir up interest in going to school.  I know that in my family it was an expected ritual, a rite of passage.  I know Jill's boys will go to college because their dad is so gung ho about OSU.  And I'm thrilled about that.  Hearing your parents talk about what fun college was, and how exciting it is to go away to school establishes expectations.  I would love for James to move in with Jill.  Maybe he misses his mom?

You are killing me... a year later and I'm still teary that COVID cancelled by daughter's college graduation. Sure she graduated but not getting to her walk in her cap and gown was just crushing. 

• Love 5
On 5/12/2021 at 7:59 AM, BetyBee said:

She could still do it and I would be pleasantly surprised if she did.

Perhaps when Derick is settled at a law firm and the boys are older and in school full-time (YAY!), Jill could go back to school and earn her very own degree.  Dare to dream!

• Love 21
(edited)
1 hour ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I don't wear modest swimwear, but I really like the concept. The Duggars insisted on swimming with heavy regular clothes. That's just ridiculous and performative. I feel like if modesty is truly important to you then modest swimwear is the way to go. You get to swim without feeling guilty. I know many Islamic women have modest swimwear too. Good for them. You can swim AND be modest.

There are also a lot of other conservative religions that love modest clothes and swimwear.  I know some observant Jews who shop in the same places as my Muslim friends.  It's great that they can find clothes that fit a purpose.   Jill is trying to up her photography game.  She has tried to create a setting for the clothes.  They look cute on her.

Edited by hathorlive
  • Love 24

Regarding the modest swimwear. Good for Jill. I have a feeling in reality she now wears a normal one piece, but hey, more power to her for getting a paid gig. However, the clothes she's modeling would never pass muster back home. As far as Meech and Boob are concerned, she might as well be naked. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16
7 minutes ago, Hpmec said:

Regarding the modest swimwear. Good for Jill. I have a feeling in reality she now wears a normal one piece, but hey, more power to her for getting a paid gig. However, the clothes she's modeling would never pass muster back home. As far as Meech and Boob are concerned, she might as well be naked. 

Yet more reason they weren't the right authorities to deal with Josh's initial abusive behavior.

• Love 16
(edited)

Lands End carries a wide variety of bikinis, one piece suits, swim dresses and tankinis much like what Jill is wearing.  That’s where I buy my suits  - they really have something for just about everybody.  I think Jill looks good in these suits and even more importantly she looks happy and relaxed.  I’m sure Boob and Mullet will disapprove when they come out of the Josh shock, which makes me laugh.  There is nothing inappropriate about what Jill is wearing, Boob and Mullet.

Edited by Tigregirl
Wanted to make sure my last sentence was directed at Ma and Pa Duggar, not at any person posting here.
  • Love 24

I would wear one of those. I hate bathing suits as I don't find them flattering on my body. I usually do a bathing dress which look really cute on me. I'm about a size large but I hate the way my stomach sticks out in a regular suit. I also hate how my upper thighs (which are thin) look all bulgy where the bottoms end. Does that makes sense? 

All and all, Jill looks fantastic, modern and most of all happy. 

• Love 21
4 hours ago, Scarlett45 said:

Jill looks really good in these photos. Look at her legs! More importantly she looks so happy. This promotion would make me want to buy from Modilfashion if I was in the market for something like that. 

She needs to show those to Jill R. Those are better than the street clothes she insists they wear in pools!

• Love 15
3 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Modest swimwear is also great for those of us that are super pale and sun-adverse. Even with a lot of sunscreen, I will burn if I’m out in the sun or water. The more coverage the better for me. I’m glad Jill is feeling comfortable wearing swimwear now.

I'm the same way. I would definitely wear these suits. I also like that they double as shorts and tops so if you were running into the store to grab a drink, you wouldn't really need a separate cover-up. 

• Love 19

This modest swimwear is also good for women who are petite but curvy. I have a friend shaped like that who cannot wear bikinis because she simply busts out of the top and pops out of the bottom. After one too many wardrobe malfunctions at the beach she goes for modest swimwear.

• Useful 2
  • Love 13
(edited)

Has Jill mentioned if Derick is taking the Bar exam this summer?  It’s normally offered twice a year. Not sure if covid has changed that.  If so, he’ll likely be taking prep classes and studying nonstop til July exam.  It’s very stressful.  With all the recent drama....maybe he’ll take it later.  

Edited by SunnyBeBe
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 minutes ago, SunnyBeBe said:

Has Jill mentioned if Derick is taking the Bar exam this summer?  It’s normally offered twice a year. Not sure if covid has changed that.  If so, he’ll likely be taking prep classes and studying nonstop til July exam.  It’s very stressful.  With all the recent drama....maybe he’ll take it later.  

Yes, he plans to take the bar in July. Plans haven't changed, to my knowledge. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 2
  • Love 6
On 5/12/2021 at 9:42 PM, Tdoc72 said:

She does. I like the black tank and surf print shorts best. 

Bravo Jill.  Ok she is not wearing a bikini, but compared to what she wore under her parent's roof, this is progress.  Nothing wrong with modest swim wear especially if you are packing a few extra pounds!  She looks genuinely happy.

• Love 14
On 5/12/2021 at 7:24 PM, FizzyPuff said:

I’m surprised JB let James go to Dereks graduation, what if he comes home and says he’d like to go to college? 

I think James considers Jill his sister-mom.  I will never forget a scene at the airport when Jill and Derek returned from Central America.  Everyone was waiting at the roped off area at the bottom of the escalator.  As soon as Jill appeared at the top of the escalator, James ducked under the rope and bolted to her.  I tear up every time I think of that scene.  

• Love 21
(edited)

My apologies if this has already been covered, but...Does anyone remember when Derick had surgery to break his jaw for dental surgery (?) right around the time Israel was born? I remember it being covered on a special (it wasn't on the Kelly Files interview, but sometime around there) and thinking, "Why the hell would they choose NOW...when Jill has a newborn and is recuperating from a C-section...for Derick to have this surgery?!" This wasn't just a one-day, outpatient surgery-type recuperation for Derick....they showed photos of him in the hospital and talked at length about how arduous the whole process had been.

I'm wondering now if, when it became public knowledge that Josh had molested the sisters (including Jill) and Jill became so upset/triggered by it, Derick maybe confronted Josh and the two had some sort of altercation, resulting in Derick's jaw being broken? It was all around that time. Anyone think things may have gone down this way? The curiosity is killing me...

Edited by Liamsmom617
  • Love 2
On 5/13/2021 at 10:27 AM, beckie said:

She needs to show those to Jill R. Those are better than the street clothes she insists they wear in pools!

You can see her kneecaps, so that obviously wouldn't fly.

• LOL 3