Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Lady Whistleup said:

I don't think the Seewalds live nicely. That tiny house for a family of soon-to-be six isn't going to cut it.  And they have the most no-fun life ever. When was the last time you saw the Seewalds do something fun together as a family? Take a trip? Go to a nice restaurant? 

Jessa only gets out when someone (like Jill) invites her out.

They have what amounts to a “free” house, something that the majority of families will never have. They aren’t homeless or living in a cramped apartment like many in this country.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
9 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

Congratulations to Derick, now please open your mind and do something good with your degree. I was really glad to see James there. Jill was his sister mom and he was their chaperone often when they were courting. He seemed to have a good sense a humor and was a nice kid and now he is the one they call the funcle, fun uncle.  Derick also taught him how to drive and I think went with him to get his license. I imagine he has graduated Duggar Institute of Lower Learning so it is nice he gets some exposure to higher education and maybe dream of doing more than working for JB, selling cars, flipping houses or whatever other faux ventures. Odds are against it but I always am hopeful for the younger kids.

I imagine James also sprung at the chance of getting out of TTH for a day. 

• Love 14

The graduation photos are nice, squinting aside.

Jill looked lovely in the red dress, and I'm glad her oldest son could attend. 

My hope for Derick is he becomes so busy with a new job he has no time for Twitter rants against Boob. It's not like he's saying anything that isn't true, but I think he should let it go. 

• Love 22
(edited)
5 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

The family acknowleged:

73hhwzjzdcy61.jpg

Jill's arm must be getting really strong. Sam is on her hip in several photos lately. Maybe it's just for photos but he's getting to be a  literal arm full.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 9
(edited)
3 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

So, it's Public Interest law? I don't think I've heard that term. Anyone want to take a stab at it?

I've heard it used to describe any kind of legal work for a law firm or other organization -- like a nonprofit or a government entity -- that works on some policy-type issue either on behalf of individuals who need help or as part of advocacy for legal or regulatory changes or any other goals connected with the issue. 

It seems to be a really broad term. You could work on immigration, for example. But you could be working for a group that protects individual immigrants' legal rights or one that advocates for increased legal protections for immigrants...or one that advocates for fewer such rights and protections. 

For Der, I expect it's just what we'd expect of Duggar adjacent -- some kind of legal work for somebody who works on some issue he cares about, probably "religious freedom" or abortion etc.

Although I suppose it's not out of the question that he could work on something else like environmental causes or labor issues or something.....Probably nearly out of the question, but...as I try to remember about these people...he's not dead yet and some people do leave these beliefs behind, or at least move from them slightly. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Zella said:

I'm not seeing where public interest law is a specific category of specialty that U of A offers. You can get a certificate in criminal law or business law or an LLM in food law, for instance, but not anything in public interest law unless I'm missing something. But I don't see any other official way to note an emphasis. It does look like they offer a public interest externship regularly among their electives, so I wonder if he basically cobbled together electives that he thought would work for a public interest track? 

I don't know if anybody actually teaches it as such.

I've just heard lawyers speak of it as one of the very general job categories somebody might be looking in. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
(edited)
2 hours ago, 3girlsforus said:

Exactly - as long as JB controls the money it gives him the power. And it's not money he earned. Imagine you make an excellent salary but instead of a paycheck you get money doled out by your boss to buy specific things he decides and do only the things he deems appropriate for you. In addition, if you really suck up to your boss he'll choose better things for you than your co-worker. I can't imagine you would consider that acceptable even if the things you have are nice. If you work for your money you should get to choose what to do with your money, make your own decisions, choose your own priorities. For JB it's not just about having the money, it's about having the power that comes with it. So yes, the girls have access to some of the money but only as JB sees fit. If a husband was doing that to his wife, especially with the goal of making sure she couldn't leave or have any kind of independence, you would call it financial domestic abuse. 

Exactly. For me the issue is parents who actively arrange things to discourage their adult children from exercising the levels of human freedom that we routinely expect in a 21st-century democracy. And, by extension, depriving their children to an even greater degree, most likely. 

No matter what the "reason" for this, to me it's just flat-out wrong.

And, also in my opinion, the evidence that it's being done is that not one single male in this patriarchal family of 19 kids has actually stepped away to live any kind of a different or separate life -- with the minimal exception of one very very innocent teenager who's moved away to become a child in another same-cult household, a household that seems a little more cuddly, friendly and less crowded, and with a more understandable business-like business to work for, although still the same cult. And no female has gone on to marry a man with significantly different, non-patriarchal views or sought any kind of education or employment. 

The staggering odds against nobody having a different goal and trying to pursue it in this very large group tell me that all kinds of manipulation have continually been brought to bear on this second generation to get them to march in lockstep. 

JB could be financially supporting them all to the level of a Rolls Royce in every garage, and I would still think it's wrong wrong wrong. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 22
4 hours ago, Zella said:

That makes sense! The graduate English department there had much more clearly defined little subspecialties you could nerd out in, at least when I was attending, so that's what I was expecting. Definitely seems like he might be angling for a government job with that list, which I must confess I wouldn't have expected. I'd assumed he would have been drawn to something more partisanly political in nature. 

A lot of prosecutors go on to run for office, whether a local District Attorney or higher up the food chain, where AUSAs run for other offices.  He might be angling toward politics, but it's a good way to start off a career.  Many jobs in the public sector and it's a good way to build a resume as a public servant (aka politician).  Or maybe he just wants to put scum like Josh in jail.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 7
7 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

Or maybe he just wants to put scum like Josh in jail.  

My impression of Derick would improve if he actually did that instead of joining some hateful group as their lawyer. 

• Love 20
50 minutes ago, iwantcookies said:

Cathy didn’t wear a mask. I got no words for that. 

Those that attended had their own area to sit in for social distancing.

Cathy’s husband was also there. I don’t recall anyone mentioning him.

• Useful 2
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, queenanne said:

Maybe Joy is a little anxious to get away from living in a cramped trailer from time to time? Also I imagine that the demonstrative and dramatic Carlin doesn't always ride Joy about "keeping sweet", a la her siblings.

Joy lives in a three bedroom house.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
7 hours ago, JoanArc said:

Derreck would like us all forget that they did go to court and get a payoff. So the money has been righteously doled out already. I am glad Jill got what was coming to her. I’m sure the courts would have ironed out anything over the contract with simultaneously did and did not exist and which did not pay for ministry which may or may not have happened.

For a man over 30 with a doctorate, he needs to quit his bitching. Ain’t no one gonna care. 

There is no record of the Dillards going to court. They said they got a lawyer involved and received what amounted to minimum wage for Jill. I would not call that righteously doled out. Jill spent a big chunk of her life shilling the cult for JB’s benefit. 

• Love 17
(edited)
On 5/9/2021 at 6:33 AM, hathorlive said:

But the shoes...oy vey.  Jill, sit down with a fashion magazine and consider that brown strappy sandal type shoes don't go with everything.  And please note how awesome you look in clothes that fit.  I know you have your flowy, boho vibe going, but clothes can fit and still be flowy.  That dress is amazing on her.  I'm sure her parents are praying away the great Satan that infiltrated her non-modes, RED dress.  That is if they can tear themselves away from praying to baby jebus for their oldest son's soul.

Maybe I missed some photos with more detail, but from the ones I see (only one of which even shows a bit of ankle, never mind footwear details), all I see is a brown strap around the back of her heel. I can't extrapolate an entire sandal from that, but even if it was a somewhat plain, strappy brown sandal, why would have that been so egregious a pairing with a red dress? Height of fashion? Probably not. But comfortable and unobtrusive? Almost certainly, from what I can see. Granted, I'm not all that into feet, footwear, or, really, much at ground level if you get right down to it, but doesn't a discreet, reasonably feminine, strappy brown sandal pretty much go with anything well enough?

How bad can it possibly be?

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 23
6 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Maybe I missed some photos with more detail, but from the ones I see (only one of which even shows a bit of ankle, never mind footwear details), all I see is a brown strap around the back of her heel. I can't extrapolate an entire sandal from that, but even if it was a somewhat plain, strappy brown sandal, why would have that been so egregious a pairing with a red dress? Height of fashion? Probably not. But comfortable and unobtrusive? Almost certainly, from what I can see. Granted, I'm not all that into feet, footwear, or, really, much at ground level if you get right down to it, but doesn't a discreet, reasonably feminine, strappy brown sandal pretty much go with anything well enough?

I think the shoes were fine because to be honest, money may be tight in their household and maybe Jill couldn’t spend money on a pair of shoes.  She looked great, regardless!

• Love 23
(edited)
1 hour ago, SMama said:

There is no record of the Dillards going to court. They said they got a lawyer involved and received what amounted to minimum wage for Jill. I would not call that righteously doled out. Jill spent a big chunk of her life shilling the cult for JB’s benefit. 

That’s true, I guess it wasn’t court but a settlement. But it seems to be for the amount that she earned working to show all those years.  They must’ve had a pretty good case for Jim Bob to settle instead of going to court, if only to avoid bad publicity.  I also agree that it probably was not enough money, but it’s also all she’s going to get.  Christian Grace would seem to indicate Derreck to drop the whole thing. But like I said, it’s going to run on for the next 50 years. 

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 2

I don't think JB would have ever gone to court with this case. He has way too much to lose if all the kids found out exactly how much he's earned from TLC and how much they each should have since they became adults. I also think TLC would put a lot of pressure on him to settle b/c they don't want the public (or their other reality stars) to know how much they're paying JB.

• Useful 1
  • Love 20
8 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I don't think JB would have ever gone to court with this case. He has way too much to lose if all the kids found out exactly how much he's earned from TLC and how much they each should have since they became adults. I also think TLC would put a lot of pressure on him to settle b/c they don't want the public (or their other reality stars) to know how much they're paying JB.

I agree. I think Derelict lawyering up was enough to scare Boob into a settlement.

• Love 17

For propaganda purposes with the rest of the kids, it's probably also easier to settle. As @Nysha noted, if it goes to court, it becomes public. As is, with a private undisclosed settlement, Jim Bob can spin the numbers and story however he wants to, and I'm not sure how much concrete information the other kids would have to challenge him on, even if they had a grievance about it. 

• Love 13
On 5/9/2021 at 7:45 PM, Lady Whistleup said:

I wouldn't be so quick to assume Joy supports Jill in stuff like public school. Joy's husband Austin was homeschooled and his family is even more hardcore fundie than the Duggars (if that's possible).

Think it's also a case of the sisters growing apart in interests. Jill seems to have adopted a lot of the suburban mom interests (kombucha, a dog), while Joy seems to have adopted a lot of her husband's rural interests (hunting, hiking).

Several months ago I saw a summary of a Facebook live or something where someone asked the Duggar sisters who was “the most.” IIRC, they said Jinger was the most devout and Joy was the most conservative. Maybe Carlin is helping her loosen up. It’s too bad she and Jill aren’t close anymore though; Joy was her first buddy and I think that relationship meant a lot to Jill. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, mynextmistake said:

Several months ago I saw a summary of a Facebook live or something where someone asked the Duggar sisters who was “the most.” IIRC, they said Jinger was the most devout and Joy was the most conservative. Maybe Carlin is helping her loosen up. It’s too bad she and Jill aren’t close anymore though; Joy was her first buddy and I think that relationship meant a lot to Jill. 

Their ages are quite different too in terms of self discovery. Jill I believe turns 30 soon. Joy is only 23 and some change. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 7
40 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

Wow, I'm shocked the Duggars didn't gag on that post.  It must hurt to be nice to Derrick AND glorify higher education.

AND post a picture where Jill's knees are showing!

• LOL 14
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, hathorlive said:

Wow, I'm shocked the Duggars didn't gag on that post.  It must hurt to be nice to Derrick AND glorify higher education.

Damage control.  Josh just took a sledgehammer to their brand (again). Clueless as they are, they do understand that public perception is vital to the show remaining on the air.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 17
3 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

On Duggar Snark there's some speculation that James might be staying with Jill for the time being which is why he was at Derick's graduation. Don't blame him. TTH must be pretty miserable right now.

I've also seen speculation that James lives on his own in the house Boob helped him buy. I don't know if I'm on board with that. Not sure if I buy that James is with the Dillards, either, but either scenario beats the TTH, even in the best of times.

• Useful 3
  • Love 11

Regardless of where he lives, James was Derelict's sixth ticket. Had Ronnie stayed home, maybe Jenni would have been allowed to attend the graduation? I hope there's still a relationship between the sisters and that Boob hasn't totally shut that down. 

• Love 11

I must confess, I didn't initially recognize James in the pictures--I couldn't pick any of those kids out of a lineup past Jert and Jernie, minus Josie--but I do think it is nice he got to attend, regardless of whatever logistics went into it. He seemed to be enjoying himself, and even if he only got to fly the TTH coop for a few hours, I'm sure it was a relief. 

Wasn't he the one who delivered the Dillards' Christmas gift one year or was that another kid? 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, Zella said:

I must confess, I didn't initially recognize James in the pictures--I couldn't pick any of those kids out of a lineup past Jert and Jernie, minus Josie--but I do think it is nice he got to attend, regardless of whatever logistics went into it. He seemed to be enjoying himself, and even if he only got to fly the TTH coop for a few hours, I'm sure it was a relief. 

Wasn't he the one who delivered the Dillards' Christmas gift one year or was that another kid? 

That was Jeremiah. Don't ask me how I remember that! 😁

• Useful 2
  • LOL 5
  • Love 1
On 5/8/2021 at 3:47 PM, Churchhoney said:

Well, considering that nobody including Jessa, said anything when Bin -- Meeechelle's in-law crush and husband of the most kool aid drinking daughter -- got his pastoring degree from Moody, we probably shouldn't hold our breaths for any congrats or happy talk regarding a stinking law degree awarded to the least favorite in-law (and I don't know that they even like any of them) who's married to the least favorite child. 😁

Jessa (his own wife) never said anything about...

Wait, sorry – I just realized who I'm talking about. Carry on.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
35 minutes ago, Zella said:

No but Jill took James out to a birthday dinner last year.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CCXQTu2AvLj/

I think it's pretty safe to say James is one of the "supportive" siblings Jill alludes to.

• Useful 5
  • Love 15

I found this interesting tidbit when looking for something else. Its from 2011, so about 3 years before Jill met Derick. Jill would have been 19.

https://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2011/09/?m=0

There's more, but here's the first paragraph:

"My name is Jill, and I am the 4th of 19 Duggar kids. Over the past few years, while considering my future plans, I’ve become very interested in nursing. When my little sister Josie was born prematurely, I spent a lot of time in the hospital with her and this really increased my nursing interest. I’ve decided to earn a Bachelors of Science in Nursing to allow me to pursue nursing."

• Useful 5
  • Love 1

Below is another quote from the blog. I'm thinking Jill didn't CLEP-out of as many classes as she thought she would.

"After I’ve CLEPped out of all the classes I can, I’ll be transferring in to a local fully accredited nursing school to complete my degree."

• Useful 3
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1