Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

17 minutes ago, auntieminem said:

I remember Josh calling her a tattletale with a smirk before the abuse was public. When it did I thought of that and realized what a messed up family that she should feel bad for telling on him for molesting his sisters. I forget which time it was, maybe with the youngest vicim. I hope her siblings now appreciate she told on him. 

God, it was smirking Josh, that rat bastard.

Now I have tears in my eyes.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I can’t help but hope this investigation was started because she decided to tattletale one more time. 

I don't think it was. From what I read, it was triggered by internet activity that was picked up by law enforcement and they then traced it to Josh. It doesn't seem like a tip triggered anything. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 7

I have to hope that while Jill was listening in on the Zoom meeting, Derick was just out of camera range next to her, taking notes and helping to explain to her what was going on.  Not that Jill couldn't figure it out for herself but I'd imagine her emotions were overwhelming, not to mention having to look at her brother on the stand in prison garb - the same brother who her parents forced her to forgive and serve.  It cannot be easy coming to grips with the fact that her parents stood behind their Golden Boy rather than his victims.

And while I think Derick can get frustrated with Jill, I hope he's doing everything he can to support her.  That goes for Bin, Austin and Jeremy too, although my hopes aren't high for those three.  Maybe Austin.  Who knows.

• Love 18
4 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I think people are more sympathetic to Jill because she seems to be the only one who has realized that what happened with Josh was not nothing and that her parents handle things badly. The others might not be there yet and might never be. However, it doesn’t make them lesser victims.

In an odd way we should be almost more sympathetic to the ones who might not be there yet. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, Zella said:

I don't think it was. From what I read, it was triggered by internet activity that was picked up by law enforcement and they then traced it to Josh. It doesn't seem like a tip triggered anything. 

Yea probably not but to have one of the girls he abused stand up and report him would have been extra good. 

• Love 8

Has Jill every actually said that she now disagrees with how her parents handled Josh or are people just assuming that because she's said she said she disagrees with them on unspecified things? I'm genuinely asking because nothing I've read or seen has indicated the former. A link would be appreciated.

8 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I am sympathetic to all of them. They’ve been sexually abused by their brother and abused in multiple ways by their parents. This board is about Jill so sympathy here is going to be about her. The most recent rally to defend her came in response to the posts that said of course she doesn’t have friends who want to help. She’s just milking it. Many of us found that enormously unfair so she got extra defense on the board. It doesn’t mean people think everything she does it perfect. It just means getting flowers and letting someone help her through a difficult time isn’t grifting. 

No one said that.

• Love 4
(edited)
10 minutes ago, 3girlsforus said:

I am sympathetic to all of them. They’ve been sexually abused by their brother and abused in multiple ways by their parents. ... It doesn’t mean people think everything [Jill] does it perfect. It just means getting flowers and letting someone help her through a difficult time isn’t grifting. 

That's where I'm coming from on this.

I think Jill has been making friends as most people understand friendships. As opposed to the "sweet friends" her mother talks about who AFAIK are people who do things FOR Meech and her family. I think Jill's sibs are still living in the tight orbit of Gothard/fundie/IBLP folks and their opportunities for friendships are thus limited. It seems that Joy and Carlin (is that right one? it's one of the Bates daughters) have developed a friendship and seem to enjoy each other's company and to provide support to each other, so that's good. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 15
(edited)
37 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

In an odd way we should be almost more sympathetic to the ones who might not be there yet. 

But the ones who aren't there yet (and might never get there) are more likely to repeat these patterns with their own children. Internalized misogyny is real.

Also, this is the Jill thread. Each thread for each J'slave is mostly full of fans or people interested in that Duggar. This thread is Jill-centric. The Joy thread is Joy-centric, etc.

Edited by Lady Whistleup
  • Love 16

Jill said she went to have some happy time and retail therapy at Amy's store

I just wish she wasn't walking barefoot on that floor

I would wear some pieces, like the loungewear set

• Useful 1
  • Love 1

Jill said in her IG Story that Derick is graduating this weekend. If there isn't a limit on guests/tickets, I wonder if any of the Duggars will attend Derick's ceremony.

• Useful 4
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7

Judging solely on Jill's IG presence, it seems to me this latest Josh scandal did not wake up any past trauma for her. It has me thinking that she came through the molestations relatively unscathed and there's no trauma to wake up. Or the trauma, if there is any, is still tucked deeply away. 

I'm hoping its number one. Jill will still have to deal with the upcoming trial, which having a brother accused of such disgusting acts is hard enough on its own, so it would be nice to think she frames it all as a Josh issue and a general tough time for her family, and nothing else.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Jill said in her IG Story that Derick is graduating this weekend. If there isn't a limit on guests/tickets, I wonder if any of the Duggars will attend Derick's ceremony.

I predict that Amy will be the only Duggar family member there.

• Love 8
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

He gets 6 tickets for guests, so we’ll see.

I expect that his mom and brother will be there, probably with their spouses. 

• Love 21
Just now, ginger90 said:

He gets 6 tickets for guests, so we’ll see.

HIS family will most definitely be there, and there are four of them plus Jill and Amy makes 6.  JMHO.

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, farmgal4 said:

HIS family will most definitely be there, and there are four of them plus Jill and Amy makes 6.  JMHO.

I’m thinking Israel and Sam will attend. So that makes 3 available tickets.

• Useful 1
  • Love 12
20 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

Why does it seem like he started Law school like a few months ago?   Time flies.  Meanwhile Jerm is still struggling over Latin.....

@BitterApple nailed it - Jerm's hanging onto the nice LA house as long as he can. He seems to be majoring in food and clothes. Oh, and, I think he may be enrolled in a seminary? But it doesn't seem to take much of his time or attention away from his dogged pursuit of fame. 

14 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

When is the bar exam? July maybe. 

Have to say, I don't appreciate his views or his tactics in life but I'm glad he's graduating. And it seems fitting to walk the stage while JB's circle is collapsing and Josh is in deep. 

The bar exam is July 1. I expect Derick will be settling in to bar review course work pretty soon. I'm glad he graduated. 

• Love 21
30 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

I have to hand it to Derrick. I never thought he’d get through year one, let alone graduate.

Never going to like the guy, but fair’s fair….law school isn’t easy.

Same! 

I hope he's learned some lessons and sticks with whatever he finds afterward. 

Has anyone ever figured out what type of law he wants to practice? There are a fair number of corporate opportunities in the greater NWA area. But some of the clinics he took makes me think that's not where he geared his studies toward. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
35 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

When is the bar exam? July maybe. 

Have to say, I don't appreciate his views or his tactics in life but I'm glad he's graduating. And it seems fitting to walk the stage while JB's circle is collapsing and Josh is in deep. 

Yes, the bar is in July.  

There is some great irony there in that Josh long ago claimed he wanted to be a lawyer and here amidst his legal troubles, Derick is graduating from law school.

20 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I expect Derick will be settling in to bar review course work pretty soon. I'm glad he graduated. 

He may have already done the bar review course.  My daughter did it spring of her last year.  Then she had about six weeks of intensive studying on her own.

• Useful 9
  • Love 12
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Judging solely on Jill's IG presence, it seems to me this latest Josh scandal did not wake up any past trauma for her. It has me thinking that she came through the molestations relatively unscathed and there's no trauma to wake up. Or the trauma, if there is any, is still tucked deeply away. 

I'm hoping its number one. Jill will still have to deal with the upcoming trial, which having a brother accused of such disgusting acts is hard enough on its own, so it would be nice to think she frames it all as a Josh issue and a general tough time for her family, and nothing else.

I think this has probably been a very tough week for her. I would assume some extra calls to her therapist. But she is definitely showing that she’s healing and moving on to her own life. She can’t change that Josh is her brother and he’s a sick puppy, but I am happy to see that she seems to realize that isn’t a reflection of her. That’s Josh’s problem. I hope her other siblings realize this as well. She might never “get over” all of this. After all she also have the regular reminder that on top of everything else her parents continually choose her abuser over her. But she seems to be doing well. 

and congrats to Derick. That’s a very big deal and excellent news for their future. 

• Love 19
42 minutes ago, Absolom said:

He may have already done the bar review course.  My daughter did it spring of her last year.  Then she had about six weeks of intensive studying on her own.

Thanks for the update. My experience with bar review (and I did it in two states) was long long ago! 

• Love 5
On 5/1/2021 at 12:05 PM, BigBingerBro said:

Jill is the safest from all of this really.  She is no longer dependant on the Duggar fame to support her family.  If anything, Deertick had the wisdom to make sure they will have a viable means to support themselves outside of the Duggar umbrella.  It all the others who will suffer financally from this, especially if TLC cuts them off. Jerm and Jinger most certainly will need to seriously re-brand, or maybe that's what they have been trying to do all along.....?

Jill is definitely in the best position- she has a husband who seems to actually care about her well being, she is used to being 'cut off' from the immediate family ( I could see Lauren and Josiah/ Abbie and whoever wanting to be far away from this mess, but have no idea how to go about functioning as adults). Jill also had the fortune of being publicly distant from her family so any backlash from this definitely misses her.  Her husband can take care of her financially and emotionally. 

Jinger is in a rough position, Jeremy can't be pleased about the negative publicity, seems to be unlikely to help her mentally ( I genuinely don't think he cares all that much about Jinger's well being, truly. He wanted a helpmeet and coattails to ride- not a true partner in life). She is slightly better off than say Josiah and Lauren because Jeremy at least has real world experience/ could probably get a real job if he actually needed too. And I don't think the Vuolos would let the girls suffer- they seem supportive ( financially and otherwise). I think we will see Vuolos come out with the tell all first, because Jeremy might think that will get them the most positive attention. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

I just hope all this work toward even more education leads to him having steady employment. He had a degree and a job for WM and threw it away to be a grifting "missionary". That failed and then he tried to grift more money for a one-year ministry certificate that went nowhere. He's older now, with nearly seven years of marriage under his belt, Jill is (it seems) healing from the shitshow she was brought up in, their boys are older and in school, they've bought a house. Hopefully that all works in favor of Derrick settling down and sticking with it. 

• Love 22

I am so excited for this family.  They can continue to build on their dreams.  I wonder if Jill really wanted to be a midwife, or she went that route because it was the only avenue available to her?  As Jill's world expands, she might find her true passion.

• Love 24