Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)
21 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

I suspect that if we on SM were really privy to hard facts we'd only be dragging Derrick about abhorrent tweets that have absolutely nothing to do with the family

But isn't that the point? When Derrick goes on tweet, comment and video storms, he answers most of the questions with more questions. He is intentionally vague. He is masterfully cryptic.  So no, we don't have any facts at all and that is not accidental. Answering with facts would not require multiple youtube videos and needling social media commentary. 

I do agree that Derick was naive and young and likely thought that JB was both a Christian and a potential ticket to his own ambitions. However Derick was worldly enough to research the Duggar past and to understand what signing on with JB could mean. He knew what the show meant in terms of rewards. He had certain dreams which did not get fully realized. 

I do absolutely believe that JB is controlling, obsessive, manipulative, and generally deceitful. And I do agree that Derick is right to push back. However, both are selfishly minded power interested men and neither should be applauded. 

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, Tuxcat said:

But isn't that the point? When Derrick goes on tweet, comment and video storms, he answers most of the questions with more questions. He is intentionally vague. He is masterfully cryptic.  So no, we don't have any facts at all and that is not accidental. Answering with facts would not require multiple youtube videos and needling social media commentary. 

I do agree that Derick was naive and young and likely thought that JB was both a Christian and a potential ticket to his own ambitions. However Derick was worldly enough to research the Duggar past and to understand what signing on with JB would mean. He knew what the show meant in terms of rewards. He had certain dreams which did not get fully realized. 

I do absolutely believe that JB is controlling, obsessive, manipulative, and generally deceitful. And I do agree that Derick is right to push back. However, both are selfishly minded power interested men and neither should be applauded. 

I think the cryptic comments and tweets are signs of an enraged individual who has thus far been stopped from saying what he really wants to see.   Animal howling in pain, the fury of a woman scorned -- that's what I think is bubbling in Derrick.   I think what we see is what he is absolutely incapable of keeping silent.   What I don't think we're seeing is that overall he is effectively being silenced none the less, whether it looks like it to us observers or not.

I understand the common perception is that they've made the break, they got paid off, they're split from the family, there's nothing stopping him from dropping the pretense and just saying what he wants to say.   I think he is still being silenced in a way that he's not happy with.   What's the only logical reason he still isn't fully speaking out?   Obligation to Jill.   Jill hasn't just turned off her feelings for her family.  Jill hasn't even abandoned teachings of her family that she understands she can't even defend, but still she clings to them.   She hasn't given up her feelings for her family.   She may not want a relationship with all of them, but I do believe she very much wants a relationship with several of them.   JB has been able to control that still.   Depending on the fallout of current events JB may have lost leverage to maintain the iron grip on many of the siblings.    IMO the sticking point is going to be that Jill truly loves JB still, even if it's true she's furious with him.   IDK how that ever works out cleanly given JB's need to control and Derrick's fatal wound in that regard.

In the end I don't think it will be Derrick who tells the tale publicly.   I do think that whoever does will have gained an understanding of the financial misdeeds from Derrick.    

• Useful 3
  • Love 18
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

IDK how that ever works out cleanly given JB's need to control and Derrick's fatal wound in that regard.

Or perhaps JB's need to control vs. Derrick's need to control.  I don't see Jill as "liberated" at all.  

And Derick is capitalizing on the continued speculation surrounding the rift. I'm not so sure the muzzle is from Jill. If he takes the muzzle off and he spews out his anger - his relevancy in the public eye becomes very short lived.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Tuxcat said:

Or perhaps JB's need to control vs. Derrick's need to control.  I don't see Jill as "liberated" at all. 

I'm unable to assess Derrick's need to be in control from this issue.   It seems to me that for Derrick JB is now like whatever it was that made the guy change from an ordinary person into the Hulk.   Like waving a red cape in front of Derrick.   If that ever improves it's not going to be anytime soon IMO.

So far nothing's attracted my attention to suggest that Derrick is operating in a controlling position with Jill.   From what I've seen so far, Jill's as liberated as she chooses in regards to her husband and in regards to the customs and beliefs she grew up with.   Seems to be more akin to, you can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl.  

• Love 15
(edited)

Man, the first Duggar kid to write a tell-all, and I mean a real tell-all is going to make bank. I think there's definitely ways to do it without throwing your siblings under the bus. 

Is Derick in therapy along with Jill? The reason I ask is because whatever grudge he's holding against Boob seems pretty extreme. Several years have passed since they left the show yet Derick goes for the jugular every chance he gets. That can't be healthy.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 16
11 minutes ago, Zella said:

His behavior is that of the one who was dumped against their will, not the one who did the dumping, in my opinion. I think he feels stupid for being suckered in by Jim Bob, but instead of owning his role in it, he has reimagined the scenario to where he is less gullible. But it still makes him feel stupid, so we get him making himself feel better by being King of Vaguebooking. 

Jill actually seems in a much healthier place about it all than he does. 

IMO it has a lot to do with the reason Derrick sought JB out in the first place.   I suspect Derrick was in a place to really be feeling the absence of his father in a palpable way, it led him to seek a spiritual path, where maybe he felt inadequate in that area, eventually seeking out a mentor with a reputation of great faith who happened a father to 19.  It  probably seemed ideal and too good to be true.  He didn't see that, wasn't prepared for it, until he hit the brick wall at mach 10.

Seems like the JB unmasking hit Derrick precisely where his big boo boo already was.

• Love 16
11 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Remember, thats just the retainer, not all legal fees. So as of right now, to retain the hot shot lawyers, Jboob has parted with that much.

Don't forget it's not just lawyers.   Even though the lead attorney on the case specializes in these types of cases, he's not going to be putting in the legwork on the data dump of discovery.   They will be paying expert(s) for that.   Their fees are not cheap.   At a minimum in a case like this I would expect the initial doc and data review to cost 30k, possibly more depending on the volume of information.   If the expert(s) are going to testify at trial they are also well paid for their time, much of which will include waiting for their turn to be called in, and they will be paid accommodations and per diems as they will no doubt come from somewhere else.  

Data exchanged must also include things that could be considered or proven exculpatory as well.   The prosecution is required to turn over any evidence that the defense could point to as demonstrating innocence, and the defense experts are going to be going over everything with a fine tooth comb for that purpose as well.   Experts for this kind of technical deep dive are not cheap.

• Useful 9
  • Love 3
(edited)

Is Derick posting these cryptic comments as tweets or just replies  to comments on his earlier tweet?  I  don’t really think it’s an issue either way, but even less so if it’s  replies to comments. 
I don’t think telling us that a few more of Jill’s siblings or sister/brother in laws want to leave out of 18 is giving away some big secret. Nor do I think they are shunned by all 18. So I think there are private texts or phone calls between Jill and a couple of siblings. Private so that JB doesn’t hear about it and react badly.   
Since JB will be tied up managing Josh, Anna, and their brood, his businesses and while Michelle  runs the household with dwindling resources.... some of the adult male mice will be able to make a few moves.  Jobs and paychecks will have to be found.  That will provide a little independence.  Plus distance from Josh will he requested for the wives by their parents.  Joe is close to Kendra’s dad for example.  Katie’s dad is a computer guy... he especially will want distance for Katie. 

back to Derick.  He’s got a right to say I told you so.  I am not bothered by it.  Of course, I don’t have a Twitter account nor do I go to their Public Facebook or Instagram sites. My Duggar fix is limited to the Primetimer forums. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 17
1 minute ago, mythoughtis said:

Is Derick posting these cryptic comments as tweets or just replies  to comments on his earlier tweet?  I  don’t really think it’s an issue either way, but even less so if it’s  replies to comments. 
I don’t think telling us that a few more of Jill’s siblings or sister/brother in laws want to leave out of 18 is giving away some big secret. Nor do I think they are shunned by all 18. So I think there are private texts or phone calls between Jill and a couple of siblings. Private so that JB doesn’t hear about it and react badly.   
Since JB will be tied up managing Josh, Anna, and their brood, his businesses and while Michelle  runs the household with dwindling resources.... some of the adult male mice will be able to make a few moves.  Jobs and paychecks will have to be found.  That will provide a little independence.  Plus distance from Josh will he requested for the wives by their parents.  Joe is close to Kendra’s dad for example.  Katie’s dad is a computer guy... he especially will want distance for Katie. 

back to Derick.  He’s got a right to say I told you so.  I am not bothered by it.  

Derick's recent comments came from him responding to a tweet he was tagged in.  He could have chosen to ignore it, but he did not.  Derick has not tweeted anything of substance in months.  His only tweets since January have all been "new video up on YouTube."  Even in his most shit-stirringest days, he usually only ever responded not instigated.  So if you only look at his Tweets they seem innocuous.  You have to look at his replies to see the real Derick.  

• Useful 4
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Most of Derick's Tweets are imbedded in a long list of comments, so it makes them harder to find, but there is definitive proof that he lies and he lies often.

When you go to any Twitter account, click “Tweets & replies “ and you will get all of Derick’s replies without having to go to each individual comment.

• Love 4
55 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

I'm unable to assess Derrick's need to be in control from this issue.   It seems to me that for Derrick JB is now like whatever it was that made the guy change from an ordinary person into the Hulk.   Like waving a red cape in front of Derrick.   If that ever improves it's not going to be anytime soon IMO.

So far nothing's attracted my attention to suggest that Derrick is operating in a controlling position with Jill.   From what I've seen so far, Jill's as liberated as she chooses in regards to her husband and in regards to the customs and beliefs she grew up with.   Seems to be more akin to, you can take the girl out of the country, but you can't take the country out of the girl.  

I'm curious, what would make you be able to assess Derick's need for control from this issue?

Just now, GeeGolly said:

I'm curious, what would make you be able to assess Derick's need for control from this issue?

I haven't seen anything to demonstrate that he's trying to control Jill on this issue.  Doesn't mean it's not happening, simply means I haven't seen anything. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

When you go to any Twitter account, click “Tweets & replies “ and you will get all of Derick’s replies without having to go to each individual comment.

Thank-you for that. I still do struggle with Twitter.

What I see as more of a problem in finding Derick's responses is they're in such random Tweets. Not necessarily a Tweet that would make anyone dig deeper. And they go back three years.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

You have to look at his replies to see the real Derick.  

Yes and he's not dumb. He obviously knows that any time he responds in the comments - that it gets picked up and circulated through all the tabloid headlines. He doesn't ever have to appear to instigate anything. 

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Yes and he's not dumb. He obviously knows that any time he responds in the comments - that it gets picked up and circulated through all the tabloid headlines. He doesn't ever have to appear to instigate anything. 

I have never gotten the impression that Derick is looking for his tweets to be picked up by a tabloid, go viral, what have you.  He just cannot look away when he is tagged in something.  And he also always has to have the last word.  He very easily could have ignored the notification back on Saturday (or Sunday) and gone on with his day, living his best life.  Others more famous than him do it every day.  But no, Derick was tagged so therefore he must respond.  And it devolves from there.  

• Love 13
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I have never gotten the impression that Derick is looking for his tweets to be picked up by a tabloid, go viral, what have you.  He just cannot look away when he is tagged in something.  And he also always has to have the last word.  He very easily could have ignored the notification back on Saturday (or Sunday) and gone on with his day, living his best life.  Others more famous than him do it every day.  But no, Derick was tagged so therefore he must respond.  And it devolves from there.  

Yes he is very strongly opinionated. It does certainly seem as if he's compelled to respond just for the sake of winning a debate.

However, it's also clear  - and he says so himself in one of his videos - that the youtube channel and the blog are helping to pay for law school.  He also thanks "us" for watching and helping him pay.

Each of their videos has at least 3 (often. more) ad breaks. Their Q and A videos have upwards of 100 and 200 hundred thousand views each.

When people see his headline comments/social media needling,  they do tune in and he profits directly. It's a winning combination. 

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Useful 2
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Yes he is very strongly opinionated. It does certainly seem as if he's compelled to respond just for the sake of winning a debate.

However, it's also clear  - and he says so himself in one of his videos - that the youtube channel and the blog are helping to pay for law school.  He also thanks "us" for watching and helping him pay.

Each of their videos has at least 3 (often. more) ad breaks. Their Q and A videos have upwards of 100 and 200 hundred thousand views each.

When people see his headline comments/social media needling,  they do tune in and he profits directly. It's a winning combination. 

I know I do not believe anything that comes out of Derick's mouth when it comes to money, and I am not the only poster here.  Derick has always been cagey about his finances.  He may have said that the videos are paying for law school, but he is exaggerating.  The fact is there is no way that they are making that much money off of their YouTube videos.  YouTube does not work that way.  Derick has also said that he has worked since he was 5.  Dude exaggerates and fudges the truth when it suits him.  If he and Jill made that much money (close to half a million bucks since they were married) from ad revenue and sponsored Instagram posts, then why does he have a side hustle delivering for DoorDash?  

• Useful 2
  • Love 12
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I know I do not believe anything that comes out of Derick's mouth when it comes to money, and I am not the only poster here.  Derick has always been cagey about his finances.  He may have said that the videos are paying for law school, but he is exaggerating.  The fact is there is no way that they are making that much money off of their YouTube videos.  YouTube does not work that way.  Derick has also said that he has worked since he was 5.  Dude exaggerates and fudges the truth when it suits him.  If he and Jill made that much money (close to half a million bucks since they were married) from ad revenue and sponsored Instagram posts, then why does he have a side hustle delivering for DoorDash?  

I said "helping to pay" and I believe that's what he said too. In this case Derrick is probably telling the truth LOL.  When combined with their exclusive interviews, they can start to turn some money there. True, they are still building that channel but it's getting a lot of traffic. Totally agree that they can't solely live off of their social media campaign - yet.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 4
6 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Derick has also said that he has worked since he was 5. 

I legit just holler-laughed at this. I just can't with him and his bullshit. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 3

So Derrick basically lies about money just like a Duggar. I'm not a fan of the Duggars by any means, but I don't believe everything that Derrick says. Some of it doesn't make practical sense, or conflicts with things we know are true. 

And for all Derrick's "Cancel Counting On" crap, he makes money by making videos about the Duggars, and makes money off his wife being on Instragram because she's a Duggar. So Derrick can suck it with his hypocrisy. If not for the Duggars, Derrick would be nobody. I think Jill probably got good money from that interview she gave for People or whatever as well.

• Useful 2
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, Kellyee said:

So Derrick basically lies about money just like a Duggar. I'm not a fan of the Duggars by any means, but I don't believe everything that Derrick says. Some of it doesn't make practical sense, or conflicts with things we know are true. 

And for all Derrick's "Cancel Counting On" crap, he makes money by making videos about the Duggars, and makes money off his wife being on Instragram because she's a Duggar. So Derrick can suck it with his hypocrisy. If not for the Duggars, Derrick would be nobody. I think Jill probably got good money from that interview she gave for People or whatever as well.

Derick has been the most vocal in-law about the Duggar finances, but he will change his tune to suit his moods.  The rest of the Duggar in-laws stay mum while somehow being able to afford almost everything.  Even Derick and Jill have had enough money for Derick to continue his education at both his church (one year certificate program that cost $12,000) and law school while being able to afford a house and pay for everything else a family of 4 needs.  They may get some money from their YouTube videos, but not enough to pay for everything.  They also apparently had medical bills that needed to be paid after Samuel's birth.  

Jill is not making money off of her Instagram.  She did attempt some sponsored posts a couple of years ago, but she has not done those in a long time.  Meanwhile her sisters and sisters-in-law are shilling eyelashes, hair brushes, etc.  

• Love 3
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Most of Derick's Tweets are imbedded in a long list of comments, so it makes them harder to find, but there is definitive proof that he lies and he lies often.

What are some concrete examples of his lies? I haven't followed this as closely as some of you. 

• Love 3
(edited)
1 minute ago, Canadian Girl said:

What are some concrete examples of his lies? I haven't followed this as closely as some of you. 

My favorite is that he has claimed to have a TLC contract that prevented him from doing other work (like his missionary stuff)--never mind that he filmed multiple seasons while as a missionary--and then he has also claimed he never had a TLC contract. 

Edited by Zella
  • Useful 2
  • LOL 2
  • Love 6
10 minutes ago, Zella said:

My favorite is that he has claimed to have a TLC contract that prevented him from doing other work (like his missionary stuff)--never mind that he filmed multiple seasons while as a missionary--and then he has also claimed he never had a TLC contract. 

Yup. And he couldn't be fired because there was no contract. But the contract required they be available all the time. He was never paid, only a volunteer, but went to TLC for more pay. 

There's more. I'll see if I can find any.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Yup. And he couldn't be fired because there was no contract. But the contract required they be available all the time. He was never paid, only a volunteer, but went to TLC for more pay. 

There's more. I'll see if I can find any.

It's like he drunk-posts sober. LOL

• LOL 20
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, Zella said:

This is the kind of thing where I wonder if there's any room to think that something may possibly be missing to explain the apparent discrepancies in those thoughts, or if in fact he's just playing fast and loose with the facts?   I get that there are plenty of people here who absolutely hate him, will always hate him, and therefore he must be a liar and possess every negative character trait under the sun.   For me he's someone who said some unbelievably horrendous things and would be unlikely to ever be my BFF or even a neighbor I'd do much more than nod acknowledgement. 

Is there any possibility at all that there are two types of contracts associated with the show -- one effectively a release of your image, that you can be shown on air, and potentially agreeing to be available X amount of time within a certain timeframe; while at the same time there was another wholly separate contract covering compensation as a whole for the family entity?   Derrick entered the scene when 19K&C was a well-established entity.  It seems that show might have been operating on the same basis for many years with things set up with the parents including their minor children.   He's made comments also that 19K and Counting On were actually the same show behind the scenes, just a name change.   That was a turbulent time for the family.  I can see room for the idea JB just handled things for everyone like he had always done regarding the show, so Derrick and Jill and the rest of the adults didn't have any direct involvement in the compensation, yet they found themselves committed to appearances, probably on a timetable that they had no real influence in creating either.  

Complete speculation, I have no idea how stuff like this might work.   I'm basing this largely off of JB's seeming ability to control the financials of most of the overall family and his preference for secrecy and elaborate networks of LLCs and other financial vehicles.  

• Love 9
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

Can you explain what specifically qualifies those as lies?

Derick says he pays for law school with work, scholarships and budgeting.  Later, he came back and said that they threatened to sue Jim Bob for compensation for doing the show and got a payout. He didn't mention that as a source of income.  He also hasn't had a full time job in years, no way he has ever made enough to support his family himself, budgeting or not.

As for his kids being 'leaps and bounds' ahead of other kids their age due to Jill's homeschooling efforts; we've seen enough of their kids to know that they're bright; but not ahead of typical kids their age.  And, if Jill is such a terrific teacher, why is Israel going to public school?  And, why didn't he skip a grade or two if he was so advanced compared to others?

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 13
Just now, Tikichick said:

Can you explain what specifically qualifies those as lies?

If Jill is an excellent homeschool teacher who has her boys leaps and bounds ahead of what Derick would have been at 3, why is Israel now in public school?  

Derick did not work before he went into law school.  He and Jill came back from Central America, lived with Grandma Mary before Derick did the Cross Church program, a program that cost him $12,000.  How is that saving money?  

• Love 1
Just now, doodlebug said:

Derick says he pays for law school with work, scholarships and budgeting.  Later, he came back and said that they threatened to sue Jim Bob for compensation for doing the show and got a payout. He didn't mention that as a source of income.

Maybe it's too many years working in a court setting, but reading that I can see a witness saying -- I was answering how I pay for law school.   That money went to pay for our home or to pay our other bills, not law school.

The guy's got a degree in accounting and is attending law school.  He has more than a passing familiarity with parsing things to a fine point as he chooses.  

• Love 8
(edited)
2 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

Maybe it's too many years working in a court setting, but reading that I can see a witness saying -- I was answering how I pay for law school.   That money went to pay for our home or to pay our other bills, not law school.

The guy's got a degree in accounting and is attending law school.  He has more than a passing familiarity with parsing things to a fine point as he chooses.  

And massaging the truth to make himself look  better.

Also, at the time Derick claimed that he worked full-time at a salaried job for 23 years, he was around 28 years old.  So, he went out to work at age 5?  So, the time he hung around in Arkansas both during and after his stint in El Salvador, he was working full time?  Coulda fooled me.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Derick has also said that he has worked since he was 5.

Not sure why this is not being believed. It could 100% be true. It really all depends on what your definition of work is. 

When I was 8 years old I used to go to the Insurance Agency that my Grandfdather owned and I did his filing and I got him coffee - For that I was paid the princely sum of $5 each time I did that. 

At 5 years old, maybe he was going to his grandparents and raking leaves or picking up stuff in yard etc - I am not saying that is what it was, it could have been something else as well. 

I know for me personally I counted what I did at my Grandfather's insurance agency as work. I had a job and I got paid. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Yes.  I tried to find that one on mobile while at work and got carried away with some of his more recent shenanigans.  

And he was 28 when he Tweeted that.

• Love 1

I think suspicion started back when they were asking for donations. First to support their  missionary work and then again later to support his ministry education. People at the time wanted to know how they were able to manage their lifestyle while simultaneously asking for donations. Derick was never clear on where money went.  Conveniently now, he does not mention those go fund me projects as part of his history. Now he says, he is where he is, because he has always operated with a firm belief in a no debt policy.

The same with the contract or no contract situation. He is quoted as saying he was a volunteer - not paid and not contractually obligated. He used this to explain how it was not possible to be fired from TLC because he was never working for them. However in other statements, it was TLC that had unfairly contractually bound them to do this and that. 

It's obvious that we do not know most of what goes on in his life. We only know what he selects to tell us. At best, he conveniently omits the details. At worst he intentionally misleads.

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

The initial tweet that Derick replied to was from Dave Ramsey going on about how student loans are evil.  Derick is a Ramsey fan and wants everyone to believe that he has never gotten into debt.  That would include all of his education and a mortgage.  

3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

If Jill is an excellent homeschool teacher who has her boys leaps and bounds ahead of what Derick would have been at 3, why is Israel now in public school?  

Derick did not work before he went into law school.  He and Jill came back from Central America, lived with Grandma Mary before Derick did the Cross Church program, a program that cost him $12,000.  How is that saving money?  

The fact that he said she was doing an excellent job homeschooling at that age isn't the same thing as saying she was up to the task of overseeing their entire education personally.   Both things can conceivably be 100% true in someone's mind.

Without knowing absolutely all of the details of the financials there's no way for someone without firsthand knowledge to proclaim the second statement a lie or the truth.   I understand being highly skeptical, as am I.   But I can't definitively tell you there's no way Derrick had no cash whatsoever available to live on before law school or Cross Church -- or that he wasn't doing something like Door Dash at the time and it simply wasn't publicly known.   Is it possible he's not 100% truthful in what he tweets?  Absolutely.   But to flat out state it has to be a lie without demonstrative proof is a stretch.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Zella said:

I legit just holler-laughed at this. I just can't with him and his bullshit. 

I took that statement to mean he was working around the house.  My father always said the same thing, but in his case, he lived on a farm during WW2.  So, if your mom gives you  10 dollars to mow the lawn, that is working.  You can take that up a notch if babysitting for others or  paper routes are involved.  I'm sure he's not suggesting he went to an office and worked an 9 to 5 job.

I agree that social media is not paying for law school, but every dollar helps out with the bills and mortgage.  I admire him for working DoorDash.  At least he's not sitting in a house with piles of dirty diapers, whining about how crowded it is.  Nothing wrong with a side hustle. 

He is cagy about the money though.  I figured that Jill might have gotten a settlement from JB but it might have come with strings that she didn't talk about it.  Until it came out and everyone found out.  

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, LuckyMommy said:

Not sure why this is not being believed. It could 100% be true. It really all depends on what your definition of work is. 

When I was 8 years old I used to go to the Insurance Agency that my Grandfdather owned and I did his filing and I got him coffee - For that I was paid the princely sum of $5 each time I did that. 

At 5 years old, maybe he was going to his grandparents and raking leaves or picking up stuff in yard etc - I am not saying that is what it was, it could have been something else as well. 

I know for me personally I counted what I did at my Grandfather's insurance agency as work. I had a job and I got paid. 

Did you consider it 'full time, salaried' employment?  Derick says that that is what he was doing at age 5.

• LOL 4
  • Love 7
(edited)

The Jill is a great homeschool teacher thread was also back when he said she was "college educated." He's not lying. She did take a couple of theology classes from a christian online college - maybe. Though that has not been substantiated either. 

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 2

Moderator Announcement: Pleaser remember the # 1 Rule here at Primetimer is Be Civil. No one is required to defend themselves regarding their opinions of Jill & Derrick. 

Lively discussion and disagreement is fine, antagonizing other posters and being uncivil is not. If you feel someone has violated a rule, please report them and do not engage. 

• Love 3