Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)
19 minutes ago, Crochetlady said:

He won't be that kind of lawyer anyway. Not criminal. Or am I wrong? 

he might be some kind of lawyer and maybe a decent one. we don't know.

but even without the feud with JB he would never be a lawyer for the JB enterprises. Just like no son or son in law will ever be an accountant for the duggar enterprises, 3 sons with a real estate license and good old boy Tom Joseph is still the one listing and selling duggar properties, Jason's builds/flips, etc

The control game stops working on the sluggar boys if you let them in on the game. they would see real info on money going in and out and all that property shifting business. Nope, they will stay kept in the dark.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 2
  • Love 17
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Not once in the last three years, since Derick started complaining, did he ever say anything negative about Josh. He's never even lumped Michelle in when he complains about JB. Its always about JB and money and now he is still complaining about JB and money.

Jill and her sisters clearly love, and probably respect, JB & M. So I don't see Derick's bitching about JB as standing by Jill, just as I don't see the other husbands not bitching, as standing by their wives' abusers. 

Maybe someday one or all of the sisters and their husbands will see JB's & Michelle's actions and inactions as contributing to Josh's behaviors. Maybe someday, (maybe even now) they'll be disgusted by Josh and not want him around. Maybe when and if this happens they will publicly acknowledge it. But I would doubt their acknowledgement will come in the form of engaging with random posters on SM.

I hope whatever has been going on in the Dillard, Seewald, Vuolo and Forsythe households these last couple of days has felt comforting and supportive to the sisters.

If Josh doesn't change his plea, this is going to be very present in the Duggar 18's minds and splashed in the headlines at least throughout the summer. Even if it can all be blamed on JB, M and Josh, its going to be rough going for the Duggar 18 and their families.

Say that part again. The only time Derick and Jill publicly criticized Josh was during the first CO special when everyone was angrily sobbing over ASHLEY MADISON, a site for adults seeking to cheat with other consenting adults. People give those 2 way too much credit for things they've never said or implied. Disagreements over money, clothes, and school doesn't mean a whole lot in this situation.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
4 hours ago, NoThyme said:

Maybe Oprah will interview Derrick and add her repertoire of interviews about complaints about in laws. Although I think Derrick has A LOT more merit then her other interviewee.

Oprah would be an interesting interview for Jill, considering that her staff is credited for tipping off the police about Josh's abuse.  And as an abuse victim herself, she has insight into what Jill has gone through.  I also believe that Oprah got hell from her family for discussing her abuse and the family member who abused her.  I would love to see this interview.   Jill may never get to this point, but I think she's the only sister who is really being re-traumatized right now because she's the only sister whose been told she was violated, she was injured, and she has a right to be angry, upset, hurt.  The others are just thinking abuse is normal, my family told me to get over and put others and Jesus first.

• Useful 3
  • Love 16
5 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Thankfully most of the comments are supportive. Or she might be deleting the unsupportive ones.

To me its interesting that Jill makes no formal statement and leaves her comments on. 

Whereas Jinger and Jessa make formal statements and turn their comments off.

Jill knows that she's favored in the public's eye. I'm glad she's getting support but its an interesting contrast with her sisters.

• Love 12
1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Thankfully most of the comments are supportive. Or she might be deleting the unsupportive ones.

I think Jill the Defector is going to get a lot of support vs Jessa who will hold the line.  Jill has taken the high road as she silently acknowledges her trauma.  She's never going to publicly state everything that happened to her as a child, but she has shown growth.  

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Lady Whistleup said:

It's Jinger and Joy who turned their comments off. Jessa's are still on, as are Jill's.

And honestly, good for Jessa and Jill. Josh's disgusting actions should not reflect poorly on them.

No one has commented on Jessa's Instagram in 3 days though whereas Jill's is flooded. So either Jessa is deleting comments or they are suspended.

1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

They were the first ones to say something.  And not everyone needs to release some long damning statement. I actually like her approach of “ohhhhh that’s tooooo baaad” *coffee sip*

Definitely agree that not everyone needs to make a formal statement. It's just interesting to see the contrast.

• Love 3
(edited)
13 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Didn't Joy and Austin also leave the show (yet remain friendly with the family?) or am I wrong on that.

No, I believe they are still on.

I stand corrected! 

Edited by mynextmistake
(edited)
10 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

Didn't Joy and Austin also leave the show (yet remain friendly with the family?) or am I wrong on that.

Joy and Austin have supposedly left the show but there has been no formal announcement.  They no longer appear in promotional materials for the show though.  The consensus seems to be that, if they are no longer doing the show, it is by their own choice, not because TLC didn't want them.

However, the reason Jill and Derick are not on good terms with JB is not due to not appearing on the show, but due to money.  Derick has been pretty vocal about that.  The fact that Derick called JB out by telling the world that none of the kids were paid for the show, but told it was a ministry while JB pocketed all of the money for doing it. Also, although Derick has been vague about it; his despicable remarks about Jazz, a minor child who also has a TLC show, probably lead to his being fired, not voluntarily leaving.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 6
  • Love 9
24 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

x5rmaosejrw61.png?width=640&crop=smart&a

I’ve had enough of this jackass’ blue balls. Either say something or don’t. And who really cares what you have to say? Yeah because you’re the first guy ever to have problems with his in-laws? You got your wife out. You got out. You got a paycheck. This is the only thing interesting about yourself you can generate? Please just fade them to the Southern Baptist woodwork. Oh, and don’t put pressure on your sons to become pistol Pete. He’s kind of a stupid mascot.

sorry. Not sorry.

• LOL 6
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, mynextmistake said:

No, I believe they are still on.

I stand corrected! 

Not entirely wrong. Just did a little look back into this.  It was actually Derick who said Joy and Austin had left the show. He was complaining about not being invited to family game night and pointed out that Joy and Austin were there even though they left the show. So it's rumored they left but not confirmed. And Joy is on the Easter special from 3/21.

• Useful 3
  • Love 6
(edited)
1 hour ago, doodlebug said:

Joy and Austin have supposedly left the show but there has been no formal announcement.  They no longer appear in promotional materials for the show though.  The consensus seems to be that, if they are no longer doing the show, it is by their own choice, not because TLC didn't want them.

However, the reason Jill and Derick are not on good terms with JB is not due to not appearing on the show, but due to money.  Derick has been pretty vocal about that.  The fact that Derick called JB out by telling the world that none of the kids were paid for the show, but told it was a ministry while JB pocketed all of the money for doing it. Also, although Derick has been vague about it; his despicable remarks about Jazz, a minor child who also has a TLC show, probably lead to his being fired, not voluntarily leaving.

Yep Derick's epic tale of contracts and voluntary departure from TLC is him retconning the narrative to be more favorable to him and to make him the victim (not the minor he cyberbullied), and because it is a lie, it is one he still cannot keep straight. (Did he have a contract? Did he not have a contract? It depends on what mood Derick is in!) That's a big reason why he can just go fuck right off, as far as I'm concerned. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, JoanArc said:

I’ve had enough of this jackass’ blue balls. Either say something or don’t. And who really cares what you have to say? Yeah because you’re the first guy ever to have problems with his in-laws? You got your wife out. You got out. You got a paycheck. This is the only thing interesting about yourself you can generate? Please just fade them to the Southern Baptist woodwork. Oh, and don’t put pressure on your sons to become pistol Pete. He’s kind of a stupid mascot.

sorry. Not sorry.

Seriously. The focus right now is Josh's crimes and the children hurt by his actions. It's not about Derick. It's not about the show. It's not about why Derick left the show. If you're not going to use your platform to stand up for victims of abuse then give it a fucking rest already. 

• Love 19
(edited)
6 hours ago, JoanArc said:

They were the first ones to say something.  And not everyone needs to release some long damning statement. I actually like her approach of “ohhhhh that’s tooooo baaad” *coffee sip*

“Wow, that sounds really bad for him! Like, really REALLY bad. For him. Anyway...” 😂 

Edited by ReadMeLattice
  • LOL 13
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Seriously. The focus right now is Josh's crimes and the children hurt by his actions. It's not about Derick. It's not about the show. It's not about why Derick left the show. If you're not going to use your platform to stand up for victims of abuse then give it a fucking rest already. 

Jill WAS one of the victims of abuse. His wife.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
26 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Jill WAS one of the victims of abuse. His wife.

I get it and I don't disagree. However, when it comes to Derick speaking out, it always circles back to the contracts, the money and the show. He's deliberately vague which fuels the gossip mill and now he's dragged Jill's siblings into it by dangling the carrot that some of them want to leave. I know mileage varies, but I don't think this is the appropriate time to be opening that can of worms. 

• Love 11
(edited)
14 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

I get it and I don't disagree. However, when it comes to Derick speaking out, it always circles back to the contracts, the money and the show. He's deliberately vague which fuels the gossip mill and now he's dragged Jill's siblings into it by dangling the carrot that some of them want to leave. I know mileage varies, but I don't think this is the appropriate time to be opening that can of worms. 

And how would Derelict know if any of Jill's siblings want to leave. When does he ever talk to them, aside from small talk at weddings? He's the LAST person any of them would confide in. eta If some confided in JILL, and Derelict outed their intentions, shame on him. 

Hell, shame on him anyway.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 11
6 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Not entirely wrong. Just did a little look back into this.  It was actually Derick who said Joy and Austin had left the show. He was complaining about not being invited to family game night and pointed out that Joy and Austin were there even though they left the show. So it's rumored they left but not confirmed. And Joy is on the Easter special from 3/21.

I’ve always thought it something like if they were at the big house and it was filmed, they’d be fine. But maybe they aren’t setting up separate filming for their house. 

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Tuxcat said:

Derick really is a piece of work. I'm guessing most FILs wouldn't be rolling out the red carpet to a SIL who speaks negatively about him on SM. And if he's really "protecting" Jill and his kids, why would he want to go to family game nights?

IMO, there's only one reason Derick and Jill aren't on the show and its because of money. IMO, there's only one reason they're not invited to the TTH and that's because of Derick.

If Jill and the boys end up better off because of what went down, then that's great. But Derick is not the hero he tries to make himself out to be.

• Love 19
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

IMO, there's only one reason Derick and Jill aren't on the show and its because of money. IMO, there's only one reason they're not invited to the TTH and that's because of Derick.

I think Dericks attack on Jazz Jennings has a lot to do with why they aren't on the show anymore, too. TLC puts up with a lot of shit behavior but they couldn't claim caring about trans issues if Derick was front and center after attacking the teenage star of their trans show. That got a fair amount of attention in the press and twitter. TLC may have offered him a chance to apologize or else, which he did not. I don't believe they left, I think TLC forced them out. Derick was also trashing tlc and tweeting he wanted the show on a network that was Christian. Tlc maybe have just been like "Good luck with that. Bye." Michelle lobbied for transgender bathroom bills but she never took it to the press or social media and when it was picked up it wasn't as big of a story and I think it was before Jazz was on the network. 

Some have said maybe Derick was a dick to get off the show but I don't think so and even if that was true you don't cyberbully a minor,  especially one at a higher risk of self harm, to do so unless you're a piece of shit only out for yourself/wife.

• Useful 1
  • Love 13
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

I think Dericks attack on Jazz Jennings has a lot to do with why they aren't on the show anymore, too. TLC puts up with a lot of shit behavior but they couldn't claim caring about trans issues if Derick was front and center after attacking the teenage star of their trans show. That got a fair amount of attention in the press and twitter. TLC may have offered him a chance to apologize or else, which he did not. I don't believe they left, I think TLC forced them out. Derick was also trashing tlc and tweeting he wanted the show on a network that was Christian. Tlc maybe have just been like "Good luck with that. Bye." Michelle lobbied for transgender bathroom bills but she never took it to the press or social media and when it was picked up it wasn't as big of a story and I think it was before Jazz was on the network. 

Some have said maybe Derick was a dick to get off the show but I don't think so and even if that was true you don't cyberbully a minor,  especially one at a higher risk of self harm, to do so unless you're a piece of shit only out for yourself/wife.

The chicken or the egg. My theory is when Derick hit up TLC for money to help pay for the boys' births they said, nope sorry. He then went after Jazz in retaliation to TLC and then TLC fired Derick, but not Jill. Then Derick went after JB, he paid them off and then Jill stopped appearing on the show.

As far as Michelle's robocall, its no secret that uber Fundies are anti LGBT+ and its no secret the Duggars are uber Fundies, so that's really a nonissue for TLC. We do live in America and folks have the right to their beliefs.

I will never believe Derick wanted to leave the show or that he got fired on purpose. He has even said he would return to the show if they were paid and/or the show was moved to a different network.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 12
53 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The chicken or the egg. My theory is when Derick hit up TLC for money to help pay for the boys' births they said, nope sorry. He then went after Jazz in retaliation to TLC and then TLC fired Derick, but not Jill. Then Derick went after JB, he paid them off and then Jill stopped appearing on the show.

As far as Michelle's robocall, its no secret that uber Fundies are anti LGBT+ and its no secret the Duggars are uber Fundies, so that's really a nonissue for TLC. We do live in America and folks have the right to their beliefs.

I will never believe Derick wanted to leave the show or that he got fired on purpose. He has even said he would return to the show if they were paid and/or the show was moved to a different network.

Agreed about the right to beliefs. The Duggars have always know (or maybe were told) what to keep off TLC and do off camera as far as their beliefs and to never level attacks on other TLC stars. That's kind of like an HR violation, I would think if you're network-mates. I have plenty of criticisms for Jazz's mother but one way I would not go about it is to attack Jazz.

Your theory could be correct. Like I said, if he was motivated to get off TLC he still chose bullying a teenager to get what he wanted, which is shitty. Whichever is, Derick was not motivated by just "saving" Jill. Somehow because Jill wears pants and has a drink Derick's gotten some nice retconning in public view for some people but if you listen to what he says it's money, money, money. Money and being screwed out of it by your parents is a big deal, but if they would get back on the show for money (and I agree they would) then any takes of it being a moral stand on JB and M over Josh is BS because they'll sell that stand out for a price.

Derick hinting other kids want to leave doesn't help them right now because they're still in and who knows how JB and M will treat everyone trying to figure out if that's true. If I knew a Scientologist as a neighbor or coworker and they expressed to me wanting to leave, I wouldn't announce it to the world because it would just trigger the kind of harassment and intimidation Leah Remini talks about. I think he was being attention seeking and it worked. I don't trust him and his motives.

• Love 17

Where I land with Derick is that this is not the time for his axe grinding, no matter how justified any of it is. It just comes across like he is saying ‘I told you so’ which is not appropriate right now. This is about what a piece of garbage Josh is, so let’s keep the focus on that for a while. Derick will have more opportunities to have his say in the future. 

• Love 21
7 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

If Jill and the boys end up better off because of what went down, then that's great. But Derick is not the hero he tries to make himself out to be.

Michelle had Jessa as "Mommy's little Attack Poodle". 

Jill has Dillweed as "Jilly's little Attack Weasel". 

• LOL 13
2 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Where I land with Derick is that this is not the time for his axe grinding, no matter how justified any of it is. It just comes across like he is saying ‘I told you so’ which is not appropriate right now. T

I disagree, I think it's always the time for "I told you so" where Josh and his enabling family are concerned.

• Love 19
5 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

I forgot about Mommy’s Little Attack Poodle! I love that.

Mommy's little "Poodle" has unfortunately deteriorated into more of a "Tick Hound".  

• LOL 8
  • Love 1
8 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

Jill will have plenty of time and money to sip all the coffee she wants. 

... and three pistol Petes to keep her company.

• LOL 14
  • Love 2
25 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

Jill will have plenty of time and money to sip all the coffee she wants. 

I'm envisioning her becoming the Kermit meme (even though he's drinking tea). 

thatsnoneofmy.jpg

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Lady Whistleup said:

Jill posted some pix of Izzy and Sam playing in the mud. I think she's trying to say "That Josh stuff I don't care."

She's the only Duggar still active on social media correct? The rest have been silent I believe. Telling.

• Love 12
33 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

... and three pistol Petes to keep her company.

My dad was in OSU's band.  Pistol Pete runs deep in families.  Not deep enough for me to wear orange and black, but deep.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 8
  • Love 8
2 minutes ago, MsJamieDornan said:

I'm going to make an educated guess and say that retainer alone for the lawyers will be $100,000

And then, if he’s convicted, that much again for the appeal?

• Useful 2
  • Love 3
5 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Sure, if they want to throw good money after bad. Only about 6% of federal criminal appeals are successful, so the odds aren’t good. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
17 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Remember, thats just the retainer, not all legal fees. So as of right now, to retain the hot shot lawyers, Jboob has parted with that much.

• Useful 2
  • Love 7

I don't think JB will fund an appeal.  I believe at some point, he'll be pushing Josh to plead out if the evidence is damning.  JB won't bankrupt himself, but he'll put out enough money to put on a good show of supporting him or at least get to the point where the lawyer has reviewed the entire case. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 4