Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

I am not in this field so I cannot comment on the medical aspects of her pregnancy/delivery.  I only pray that all goes well for her and the baby.  Snark on the family or not, I do wish these new parents well.  I just read that Jenna Bush is pregnant again and you should have seen some of the vile and disgusting  comments related to that internet article.  For crying out loud, whether you like the person or their family, this is a mother delivering a baby.  Wish/pray for their health and safety!

My children are adopted but I do have a midwife story.  My daughter was delivering her first baby and was given an epidural.  Well, it didn't take but neither of us were familiar with the procedure and didn't know what to expect.  All I saw was my daughter walking around and crying in tremendous pain.   I suspected something was not right so I told her to call her midwife (this woman was in practice with the OB's where my daughter went for her pre-natal care).  It was late at night and the woman was not at all helpful.  I think she should have come to the hospital to be with my daughter.  I clearly remember  Patty telling her she had had an epidural but was still in pain. I can't remember what the midwife told her, but my daughter suffered through the night.  In the morning the nurses called the practice and my daughter was given a second epidural which immediately relieved her suffering.  I am not trying to tarnish the reputations of all midwives.  This was our personal experience.  From what I have read and seen, the idea of having a midwife is that he/she will be very attentive to the pregnant woman, giving more personal care than the regular OB has time to give.  This particular woman did not do that.  Again, just one story about one midwife.

• Love 2

Ok, I'm going to be 'picky" because I feel like it today...Jill's most recent baby bump photo shows us that she is wearing derickdillard's t-shirt. Someone please tell me how this isn't against their beliefs that women should wear ONLY and EXCLUSIVELY women's clothing? They go to such painstaking effort to wear skirts, even when not appropriate, yet Jill wears a guy's t-shirt...I certainly hope that all goes well for Jill and her baby, all snark aside here, folks. I hope she either has delivered safely already or is seeking the help of an obstetrician.

• Love 2

Yeah, at this point I'm guessing Baby Gherkin has been born, and they're holding the announcement for tonight's show to try to drive up ratings. Which, sadly, will probably work.

Yes, whatever is going on is show driven. The Duggars worship money and ratings.

• Love 1

My children are adopted but I do have a midwife story.  My daughter was delivering her first baby and was given an epidural.  Well, it didn't take but neither of us were familiar with the procedure and didn't know what to expect.  All I saw was my daughter walking around and crying in tremendous pain.   I suspected something was not right so I told her to call her midwife (this woman was in practice with the OB's where my daughter went for her pre-natal care).  It was late at night and the woman was not at all helpful.  I think she should have come to the hospital to be with my daughter.  I clearly remember  Patty telling her she had had an epidural but was still in pain. I can't remember what the midwife told her, but my daughter suffered through the night.  In the morning the nurses called the practice and my daughter was given a second epidural which immediately relieved her suffering.  I am not trying to tarnish the reputations of all midwives.  This was our personal experience.  From what I have read and seen, the idea of having a midwife is that he/she will be very attentive to the pregnant woman, giving more personal care than the regular OB has time to give.  This particular woman did not do that.  Again, just one story about one midwife.

Your daughters midwife sucked.  Even if you didn't know how much pain relief to expect from an epidural, the midwife should have known, so for her to tell your daughter to suck it up and carry on was harsh.  My sister had an epidural for her last delivery, and it was surreal.  Her body was chugging along, going through the process of getting that baby out, and she was hosting a delivery party from her bed.  She had her husband, both sets of parents, and three of her closest friends in the delivery suite up until pushing time came, and then most of them stood outside while Sis had what she called the easiest delivery of all time.  After baby arrived, Dad quickly showed off the newborn and everyone went home, leaving the parents to start getting to know the new arrival.

I admit to being jealous.  The closest I was given to being offered an epi was when I had to curl up on my side to get one so I could have an emergency C-section.  But at least mine took, and I was pain free during the operation.

As for your expectation that a midwife would provide more personalized care, that's what I've always thought, too.  My only reasoning for how that woman acted was possibly she had handed your daughter off to a doctor and wasn't allowed to 'interfere'.  It would have been nice if she'd showed up to act as a doula, or tried to contact the doctor in charge to find out what was going on, but I don't think we know the whole story.

• Love 1

I agree she has to have had the baby by now, and I'm stunned the Duggars have been able to keep it quiet.

I don't pretend to know much about TV production, but the lag time on this show is insane. Jessa's going to be ready to deliver by the time they announce her pregnancy.

• Love 1

I agree she has to have had the baby by now, and I'm stunned the Duggars have been able to keep it quiet.

I don't pretend to know much about TV production, but the lag time on this show is insane. Jessa's going to be ready to deliver by the time they announce her pregnancy.

I hear Jill is already pregnant again. :)

• Love 19

Literata, I agree the lag time is getting ridiculous. I can't believe they're subjecting us to another obnoxious jender reveal when we've known for what seems like a decade now that Jill is having a boy.

I'm predicting that ole Derick is going to start aging very quickly now that Jill has jumped on the baby train. Look how much Josh has declined from getting married at 20 to his current age of 26.

• Love 3

I'm predicting that ole Derick is going to start aging very quickly now that Jill has jumped on the baby train. Look how much Josh has declined from getting married at 20 to his current age of 26.

Josh is only 26?  Are you sure?  He seems much older than that, and not in a good way.  He looks much older, but even though he's living in the DC area and supposedly holds a good job, he still seems to be a lot like his father.  A goofball who has inextricably managed to father a bunch of kids and yet doesn't have a clue as to how to relate in the real world.  He's like a 16 year old in a 35 year old body.

I guess he's a true Duggar, for no discernible reason things work out for him.  I keep waiting for the Duggar train to crash, but it keeps moving on.  They're the Kartrashians of the fundy world.

I am not in this field so I cannot comment on the medical aspects of her pregnancy/delivery.  I only pray that all goes well for her and the baby.  Snark on the family or not, I do wish these new parents well.  I just read that Jenna Bush is pregnant again and you should have seen some of the vile and disgusting  comments related to that internet article.  For crying out loud, whether you like the person or their family, this is a mother delivering a baby.  Wish/pray for their health and safety!

My kids were all (3) born in hospitals, though the youngest was born when we were stationed in Scotland, which would probably have been much more likely to be a home or midwife-assisted birth except that I'd had complications with a previous delivery and they wanted me to be on the safe side. 

At any rate, I have a somewhat similar epidural story from my first delivery. It was a fairly long labor, and I was given the epidural probably about 12 hours into it, and it did offer immediate relief, but an hour or so later it seemed that the pain was worse than ever. They upped the dosage on the epidural, but in the meantime a different nurse (or whoever it was--this was almost 30 years ago and my memory is sketchy!) noticed that the needle in my back had come disconnected. But for whatever reason, person A and person B did not communicate properly, with the result that I was left getting a double-whammy epidural which effectively left me feeling as though everything from the waist down was asleep. When it finally came time to push, I really didn't have control over the muscles needed to do that and it took the better part of two hours of pushing to get the baby out. 

If she's already delivered and they are keeping it quiet until tonight's show (or until People can get there to shoot their cover photo), it must be taking all the self-control that family has to keep from sharing the news. I can't imagine that at least one of them wouldn't have caved and posted a somewhat cryptic message on social media by now.

Oh well, I guess we'll find out soon enough. In the meantime, can I interest anyone in a melted rootbeer float?

• Love 4

Amy was posting cryptically on instagram this morning about her heart being heavy and concerned for people she loves. I hope everyone here is correct that the baby was born safely.

I hope not, Jill deserves better. I think the Dillard DNA might be a little better. But, Derrick's dad died young (of what?) so you never know.

I keep waiting for the Duggar train to crash, but it keeps moving on.

I think once all the cute little blonde boys morph into bald, slack-jawed, slingbladish, dependent losers is enough to stop the train. They'll run out of pretty girls who love Jesus and Magazine Covers soon enough.

• Love 4
(edited)

I have a feeling that Jill has not delivered and is thinking "God will send the baby when He is ready. Birth is a natural process". While I am religious myself and admire faith, God gave us medical staff/hospitals for a reason. Use common sense.

I really hope Jill and the baby are well.

The silence is kinda weird...

Edited by Marigold
  • Love 2

This was posted on Duggarsisters           http://websta.me/n/duggarsisters

duggarsisters Update- we are still on baby Dilly watch. It seems like #babydilly is running on Duggar time! Jill is 2 weeks passed her original due date and 2 days passed her second due date! It is unlikely Jill will induce labor because she strongly wanted to have a home and natural birth. Jill states, " The baby comes when the baby comes. " Jill has only experienced Braxton Hicks contractions and has not entered active labor yet. Jill and Derick will announce the babies name after birth!
#19kids #babydilly #jillmdillard #derickdillard { When leaving a comment, please leave a nice one. I've had many people doubting Jill's pregnancy in ways of saying she is doing it all wrong and needs help or voicing that she is endangering her baby. Jill is a smart girl who is skilled in midwifery and her midwives are continuously watching over her, and if anything would come up, endangering the babies health, they would take her to the hospital. Jill is doing great right now, and will give birth to a healthy baby boy in God's timing. Send prayers towards Jill and Derick. } 1h
Read more at http://websta.me/n/duggarsisters#OPx6oCFlqKP1teTG.99

Hello, my name is Nancy aka bigskygirl, and I am becoming too obsess about Jill Duggar Dillard having Dilly Baby. Is there a 12 step program for this?

Hi Nancy. I'm Ginny. Welcome to the group.

• Love 1

This message above is rather odd, IMO.  Does it mean that Jill hasn't gone to see a doctor to make sure everything is okay? Or is she just seeing the midwife and relying on her opinion.  I know Jill wanted to have the baby at the midwife's house, which is a birthing center, right?  No chance of that happening if labor is induced, right?  Still, I've read about complications when it goes overdue too long.  

They've actually been good about keeping secrets in the past - Anna, Jill courting, the Jubilee annoucemnt, etc. They tend to accidentally leak stuff when they'e being funny - catgate, etc.

• Love 1

Jill and husband Derick Dillard welcomed baby Israel David on April 6.

Weighing in at 9 lbs., 10 oz., Jill and Derick's first child arrived 11:49 p.m. Monday night.

looks like in a hospital

• Love 2

Jill and husband Derick Dillard welcomed baby Israel David on April 6.

Weighing in at 9 lbs., 10 oz., Jill and Derick's first child arrived 11:49 p.m. Monday night.

looks like in a hospital

That's a big baby.

• Love 3
(edited)

I was just coming to post this. Congrats but his first name blah! Thank goodness a hospital birth vs. home with the howlers and the lost girls and Boob walking around looking for food.

He sure is a cutie! 

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 2

Well, the one thing Duggar spawn tends to have going for it is that they don't leave their compounds. When naming my children one of the criteria was that their name be something I could imagine them being called as a professional adult. Israel just doesn't fit the bill in my opinion. However, Baby Israel will likely never have enough education to be anything other than a professional media whore so Israel as a name is just fine I suppose.

Big baby though. If he wasn't a c section baby I suppose this is even more proof that Jill was meant to birth babies for the rest of her life!

• Love 2

Omg, Israel Dillard? That is the most awful name ever. It just doesn't flow. I think David Dillard would have been much better.

On a non-snarky note, congrats to Jill and Derick. I'm happy both mom and baby are safe. 9 lbs 10 oz. is a big baby, I wonder if she went with the epi since she delivered in a hospital.

• Love 1