Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I lost my mother twenty-four years ago. I think of her every day. Most days are fine. I cried, though, over the stupid McDonald's commercial during the Super Bowl -- the "call your mother and tell her you love her" thing. Grief fades over the years but sometimes feels like a pointy stick -- sharp and painful. I'm sorry for derickdillard's loss. No matter how many years pass, I'm sure he is thinking about the things he'd love to tell his dad right now. He may also wonder about the responsibility of being a dad himself and wish he had someone besides Jim Boob to talk with.

I also think this is one more brick in the wall that will form between Jilly Muffin and her "best friend". She doesn't understand this type of loss because she's never been through it. One can only imagine derickdillard's panic and fear over possibly losing his mother, too. JM's also been conditioned by two parents who are as shallow as a rain puddle to believe that all one has to do is put a smiley face on and gosh, you can ignore it all.

• Love 17

Of course we'll never know but part of me thinks that if Derick's dad was around he wouldn't have married Jill or at least not with the amazing speed he did. Yes he's living his life and isn't really, but something about him seems a little "lost" and I think he found comfort in marrying into what he thought would be a big supportive family that would always be there for him. If that meant he had to bend to their courtship standards or agree to produce an heir on night one or agree that he'd have kids for the next 20 yrs until Jill can't anymore -- he was willing to do it bc he wanted the "support." I feel like if his Dad was around he wouldn't be so desperate and not as willing to compromise on what he wanted. Little did he realize that he married into a stepford family that isn't looking to support him but rather control him. Frankly a Bates daughter would have been a better choice -- as I can see some of them not wanting 20 kids and I can see Gil and Kelly being extra supportive of him bc of what he's been through with his own mom and dad.

• Love 4

It's the word I chose. Jim Bob can be his new daddy now, anyway.

Unfortunately, I think ur right.

It doesn't seem like Derrick has much of a relationship w/his step-dad, but that's hard to determine, since it appears he wants nothing to do w/being filmed (smart man).

And since Derrick reached out to JB first, I think it's likely he's the pseudo dad.

A shame.

• Love 1

I find all this talk about trust interesting. I assumed she was just clingy. But it really does make sense considering she and her whole family stay away from the rest of the world. And here her husband is going to work. A workplace filled with women and people of different backgrounds and religion. The fact Derick wants to work and choses to work here has to be throwing her for loop. In her mind why would he want to do that? She needs to protect him from those people she'd been protected against her whole life. And spending so much time with them every day, five days a week?  No wonder she's showing up to his work all the time. 

Let's not forget that Derrick works at Walmart HQ in Bentonville, Arkansas. Fortune 500 company or not, how much diversity is it likely they have there?

I think this is such an insensitive thing to say. Is there is a time limit on grief? My husband lost a sibling when he was a child and nearly 30 years later, he cannot talk about that sibling without crying.  I think it's dangerous to question the length of time someone mourns a loved one.

Derick's dad was not at his wedding (physically) and he won't be able to run around with his grandchildren. Those are two major milestones for a parent to miss. I think Derick has every right to be sad about his loss. This board sometimes...my goodness.

Absolutely agree. I am coming up on the 5 year anniversary of my dad's death. He and I didn't speak through my 20s and our relationship got better in my 30s when I had kids. That's how we found a way to reconnect. We had a LOT of stuff yet to work through and he up and died on me. I'm still having trouble dealing with the loss! We were far from close, and it has even surprised me that I've been so affected by his death. I'm sure it is immeasurably harder when you are very close with someone and they die. 

I feel sad for Derick that Jim Bob is his fill-in dad. :( Derick deserves so much better for a FIL.

• Love 5

Let's not forget that Derrick works at Walmart HQ in Bentonville, Arkansas. Fortune 500 company or not, how much diversity is it likely they have there?

True that the majority is white that are working for WM & living in B'ville. But I go to a Catholic church there, & usually see some African American, Asian, Hispanic & Indian people there. Granted it is still hugely white, but there is diversity if you look for it.

• Love 1

I'd think they may have a fair amount of diversity because if others want to move up in the company, that's where they have to go, right? And recent grads would be applying I think.  Walmart could select from certain schools, but I'd think they'd get caught if they did that.

• Love 1

Changing the topic a little, I wonder if Jill & Derick have had their first real fight yet. I'm not talking about a disagreement about what to have for dinner. I mean the good old voice raising, finger pointing, slam the door kind of fight or aren't they allowed? Our first real couple fight happened about a week before the wedding. We were putting up curtain rods & I accidentally dropped the screws & they fell in the heat register below the window, never to be seen again. Mr. Barb23 went off, how could I be so clumsy to drop them, I wasn't paying attention, etc. Fighting wasn't fun but making up sure was!!

• Love 5

Jill's due date is Tuesday and still no baby. I'm salty I didn't win the baby pool.

I'm sure you'll be able to try again in less than a year from now.

Edited by RedBaron
  • Love 9

I wouldn't understand what Derick has gone through either. Hopefully, Jill will see that love and want her children to love her the way Derick loves his parents. (I'm keeping it in present tense).

Betweenyouandme, I think you (and any other person) would be compassionate and kind to a spouse with this type of loss. It's the best anyone who has lost a parent at a young age (and is still living with the reality it may happen again) can hope for. If derickdillard was with anyone else, she might be drawing him out a little about how he feels, asking him about his dad and if the fact he's at the same stage of life now is bringing up some painful memories for him. I'd like to hope he's trying to explain, and she's making an extra effort. I worry that she is so into "being sweet" that she's afraid or unwilling to go there. IMHO, of course.

• Love 2

Changing the topic a little, I wonder if Jill & Derick have had their first real fight yet. I'm not talking about a disagreement about what to have for dinner. I mean the good old voice raising, finger pointing, slam the door kind of fight or aren't they allowed? Our first real couple fight happened about a week before the wedding. We were putting up curtain rods & I accidentally dropped the screws & they fell in the heat register below the window, never to be seen again. Mr. Barb23 went off, how could I be so clumsy to drop them, I wasn't paying attention, etc. Fighting wasn't fun but making up sure was!!

I don't think they have - not even close. In all honesty to me they still look like new roommates or officemates - still awkward, tiptoeing around each other, being sickeningly nice, deferring to the other as much as possible. If you watch 19K&C with the sound muted, as I sometimes do because I'm on the phone or something, they totally come across as what they, in reality, are. A brand-new, and fairly-nerdy, boyfriend & girlfriend. Definitely not like hot young newlyweds, not even like two individuals who know each other well.

I'm sure you'll be able to try again in less than a year from now.

Hm... it might be kinda fun to modify the game so that we have the same month/day picked, but not the year. So if you picked say March 20th, it could be 2015, 2016, 2017, etc...

Muffy: Still pregnant. There goes my pick in the pool, which was for today. But yay! It's their 9 monthiversary! Wheeeeee!

https://instagram.com/p/0gG9rbmCY9/

Yeah, you and I both picked today. I figured that they'd make sure that Jill held that kid in until their "nine-monthiversary" so that JB and MEchelle could "F.U. the Internets" and say, "See, our sweet Jilly Muffin did NOT have sex before the wedding. Nine months exactly."   

Or so they could be like Elvis and Priscilla and have their baby exactly nine months after the wedding,

Call me crazy, but I'm so thankful that I won't be reading about how someone just *knows* that they didn't wait for the wedding.  I hope she waits until a day or two after her due date.  Perhaps that's selfish, but explaining how due dates work gets old. 

• Love 8

Hm... it might be kinda fun to modify the game so that we have the same month/day picked, but not the year. So if you picked say March 20th, it could be 2015, 2016, 2017, etc...

My grandparents some how did that for their three kids they were each born in June one day apart the first on the 15th, the second on the 16th and third on the 17th. Different years of course. It wasn't planned it just somehow worked out that way.

• Love 2

I lost my mom when I was 10 from cancer. I think losing a parent at any age is hard but it's harder on a kid. My mom missed everything. I still miss her. I still cry. That's almost 40 years ago. It's only gotten harder as I gotten older. It also took years of therapy for me to accept that she will never come back home. Losing someone close e is a scar that never heals.

I hope this baby is overdue. Since the Duggars run on Duggar time. Baby dilly will run on his time

Jill would probably keep sweet
  • Love 4

If Jill waits until Monday, her baby can share my birthday. Though she looks so big in her photos that she must be uncomfortable sleeping at night ..I'd hate to see her go 2 weeks past her due date. It happened to my niece last summer, pregnant for an extra 2 weeks in the hot July month in Texas..but her baby only weighed 7 lbs at birth, everyone was wondering if her doctor had miscalculated her due date. For all we know, Jill's baby could be a six pounder. 

I picked tomorrow. It's time for some water to be breaking!!! They're still newly weds, so I'm sure having some sex to get labor started wouldn't be too much to ask. :)

I don't see this happening. Traditional missionary only for these two crazy kids.

• Love 3

Remember the "cervical softening" "fact" that Jim Bob shared with the world...I'm sure he's given them that advice too...he's a "different guy" for sure, IMO. Yuck!

I saw Jill's latest photo, and I don't know how that girl isn't tipping over already...I thought Anna carried largely, but Jill takes the cake...are they sure that's ONE baby in there? Just doesn't seem like a good thing to me. She's still planning on delivering AT HOME, with NO pain meds available? I think she's has rose colored glasses on and lives in la la land...I hope she checked this out with a good medical professional at this stage of the game..

This is mean so I'm already heading to the Prayer Closet. The first thing that came to mind when I saw Jill's picture was how is the elastic in her skirt holding up & can it be stretched anymore?

• Love 3
I thought Anna carried largely, but Jill takes the cake...are they sure that's ONE baby in there? Just doesn't seem like a good thing to me. She's still planning on delivering AT HOME, with NO pain meds available?

THIS is why I mentioned in the Benessa thread that Jessa needs to be front and center for the blessed event, so that she can see every rip, tear, and hear every cry of pain as Jill crowns that huge bobblehead,  Be there for the moment when Sweet JillyMuffin loses control, no longer "keeps sweet," and grabs Derick's balls, screaming for drugs. TheDashingBinSeewald will be running for WalMart's condom aisle thirty seconds after I'm-Rick-James-Bitch is born (by order of Jessa). 

You can tell by the bags under Jill's eyes in that photo that she's probably having trouble sleeping right now, with that massive load she's carrying. Get used to it, JillyMuffin. You'll sleep even less when he's out. But you should know that already, seeing how many of your mother's children that you raised. 

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 10

I'm pretty sure Jessa has seen a birth before, didn't we see an episode of Jill delivering a baby with Jessa there, so maybe we could stop wishing a horribly painful and potentially dangerous birth on Jill and her baby to teach her or Jessa a lesson. It's one thing to hate on their beliefs, but it's quite another to salivate at the thought of them suffering. Plenty of women have natural births, at home or in the hospital, and even more aren't lucky enough to even have the option to have first world medicine or facilities available to them. In a state of the art hospital with an epidural isn't the only way to have a baby. 

Edited by Fostersmom
  • Love 17

Seriously Jessa isn't as much of a kool aid drinker as Jill so if she gets to watch Jill go through the agony of delivery -- I'm thinking the kid she's pregnant with now (bc I think she is) may get to be an only for 5 more yrs. Frankly letting Ben watch would do more for contraception purposes bc he's a young man who would likely get scared to death with Jill's screaming and the mess childbirth makes. Up until now he's only preached the -- oh it's a miracle, we want as many as possible -- but seeing what it looks like would make him run for the condom aisle. But no way that's happening -- females get to watch but a19 yr old bro in law??! So I think Jessa will come out of there freaked, demanding condom use, Ben will pooh pooh it and say -- it's a natural process designed by God, he'll help you through the pain, and then they'll pray it away. Though if it makes enough of an impression on Jessa, I can see her running to the OB after her own kid and getting on BC.

I just had a thought about the TLC production crew. I wonder how many different people have been involved through the years and if they have had any influence (other than the obvious stuff for the show) on the Duggars. For instance, maybe a female crew member that dresses totally non super modest - jeans, tank top. I wonder if that has ever happened. Or an attractive male or female that a Duggar kid might crush on. Maybe the crew is strictly screened so as not to be inappropriate in any way. It would be very distracting to be hearing a lot of "nike, nike" in the background, lol.

The film crew is men only, so none of the boys could potentially be defrauded.  (Though if any of the Duggar boys are gay, Frank Sun was probably pretty darn defrauding.  Handsome, handsome guy.)

• Love 2

I sincerely believe that no one on this forum wishes any harm or danger for any of these people, especially an innocent child. I think what we all are expressing are our opinions about how largely Jill is carrying, the utterly silly things this family says and does... We are speculating this delivery for Jill based on her husband's birth weight, size, and Jill's appearance at this time..that's all. And with my head shaking right to left, I say " Good Luck, Jilly"! I think it will be interesting to see just how her labor and delivery went. I also think there is a possibility that her size can fool everyone; and that girl will deliver a 6.5lb baby that is 18" long..in record time...Let's see what happens, either way, I think we ALL here, want a safe situation for mother AND child.

• Love 17

I sincerely believe that no one on this forum wishes any harm or danger for any of these people, especially an innocent child. I think what we all are expressing are our opinions about how largely Jill is carrying, the utterly silly things this family says and does... We are speculating this delivery for Jill based on her husband's birth weight, size, and Jill's appearance at this time..that's all. And with my head shaking right to left, I say " Good Luck, Jilly"! I think it will be interesting to see just how her labor and delivery went. I also think there is a possibility that her size can fool everyone; and that girl will deliver a 6.5lb baby that is 18" long..in record time...Let's see what happens, either way, I think we ALL here, want a safe situation for mother AND child.

Agreed.

Although I must confess that there have been times in my life when I have wished that some man had personally experienced childbirth. Jim Bob is at the top of my list.

• Love 18
I sincerely believe that no one on this forum wishes any harm or danger for any of these people, especially an innocent child. I think what we all are expressing are our opinions about how largely Jill is carrying, the utterly silly things this family says and does... We are speculating this delivery for Jill based on her husband's birth weight, size, and Jill's appearance at this time..that's all.

Seriously. Thank you. Part of snarking on the Duggars is knowing when one is kidding and I find the accusation that I WANT Jill to suffer is frankly insulting. And condescending. And that's my only comment on the subject as to avoid a trouting by mods. 

• Love 9

Not sure when this pic was taken but it's the newest on Jill's IG.  Jill looks tired.  Jenni is smiling....probably very happy to be with her sister mom.

https://igcdn-photos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xfa1/t51.2885-15/10958816_1606123269605048_1481897969_n.jpg

OMG, Jill looks like she hasn't slept in a week, and I imagine being well-rested is mighty helpful for labor. Agree with floridamom. When it comes to Jill's birth plan, I hope there's an option that includes an MD and a hospital. When things really start to rock and roll at Casa Dillard, she may end up "re-evaluating" the rose-colored no-drugs, no-doctor scenario.

Agreed.

Although I must confess that there have been times in my life when I have wished that some man had personally experienced childbirth. Jim Bob is at the top of my list.

For a long time, in my mind's eye, Boob has been the poster child for the cause of retroactive birth control - LOL.  But I have to admit seeing - and hearing - him "experience" every aspect of the joy and wonder of pregnancy and childbirth would be quite satisfying too.

Edited by Wellfleet
  • Love 1

I remember the episode that Jana, Jill, Jessa & Jinger were at one of Jill/Jana's midwifery births. Jinger was taking photos & I believe Jinger/Jessa were talking to the camera in another room when loud LOUD screams/moans could be heard. Both of the girls had such wide expressions of "OMG, does it really HURT that bad?" Jessa & Jinger didn't sound enthused in TH during Jill's bridal shower with Her clients either. I think they're more like Mechelle & need to pray for a heart for children.

When Jilly Muffin starts screaming for drugs, I hope Derrick doesn't shush her, and listens to her. Not every woman is made to give birth without drugs, and with a camera crew present. They said they were deciding if they were even going to film Prince Dilly's birth, but we all know they have no other option.

Jilly Muffin posted an Instagram yesterday showing Derick and some random Duggar boys being all excited about the Arkansas NCAA basketball game...predicting a win, apparently (I did check and HA HA Duggars, they lost...I don't know why but this makes me happy)..Smuggar also posted about the game.

My question,,,do they watch these games?  I assume they're so into it, they must.  But, what about the beer ads, and commercials with GASP...a gal in a bikini or something shows up on their TV (do we know if D&J or the other Duggars have one?)??  Aren't they all in danger of NIKE?

• Love 2

I wonder if the bible verses they wrote will really help with the labor pain?

Yes it can help. It would not help me because I am not Jill. My EX read me Shel Silverstein poems till she popped out. It was fun cuz the nurses were cracking up and besides, I became a mom for the first time!

Smuggar is always posting about sports too. I'm sure Jill and Derrick have a TV. I think the rules go out the window once you leave the TTH compound.

That's what we want!

• Love 4

Jilly Muffin posted an Instagram yesterday showing Derick and some random Duggar boys being all excited about the Arkansas NCAA basketball game...predicting a win, apparently (I did check and HA HA Duggars, they lost...I don't know why but this makes me happy)..Smuggar also posted about the game.

My question,,,do they watch these games?  I assume they're so into it, they must.  But, what about the beer ads, and commercials with GASP...a gal in a bikini or something shows up on their TV (do we know if D&J or the other Duggars have one?)??  Aren't they all in danger of NIKE?

It would be interesting to know, for sure. Derick probably does watch some games, although certainly fewer than in his bachelor days. But I have to say it wouldn't surprise me at all to find out that "Look how much the Duggar boys are into sports!" is just a tactic on the part of TLC, or maybe even Boob, to make the family appear more mainstream, and the boys, frankly, less weird. If it is, they need to do a whole lot more to even approach "mainstream."

• Love 2

Eh, I think they watch sports. I mean it would almost be weird for them not to express interest in it, unless they're just not really into sports. I didn't look at the IG photo, but if they Duggars are watching games together then I guess they're each other's chaperone or accountability partners and they just change the channel during a commercial they deem non-Duggar approved.

• Love 1
Derick and some random Duggar boys being all excited about the Arkansas NCAA basketball game...predicting a win, apparently (I did check and HA HA Duggars, they lost...I don't know why but this makes me happy)..Smuggar also posted about the game.

I'm sure Derick does, at least. He was the OkSt mascot and thus had a spot on the floor and on the sidelines with the rest of the cheerleaders for every home and tournament game. In fact, during the Oklahoma State highlights last night, they showed Pistol Pete. God help me, the first thing I thought of when I saw it was Derick Dillard. 

I'd be willing to bet that Derick's entry into the family is what got many of the younger Duggar boys interested in televised sports. We didn't see them doing much rooting or attending live games until he was around, Yeah, there was the occasional Arkansas t-shirt, but it was probably a fan gift or a consignment purchase. 

• Love 1

When Jilly Muffin starts screaming for drugs, I hope Derrick doesn't shush her, and listens to her. Not every woman is made to give birth without drugs, and with a camera crew present. They said they were deciding if they were even going to film Prince Dilly's birth, but we all know they have no other option.

If Jill does (and who knows what she really thinks about drugs), I would think the only reason he tries to prevent it because she told him to do that in her moment of weakness.  Jill is without a doubt the more conservative of the two regarding these matters.

Edited by Skittl1321
  • Love 1