Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I don't see the haul as 'pathetically small'. I mean, people give what they can give and since Jill will likely have other showers, maybe Derick's coworkers gave something to help the couple out on a smaller scale. IDK...[snip]. I don't think Jill or Derick have done anything wrong and I don't think the coworkers have done anything wrong just because they didn't provide lavish gifts.

Edited by Rhondinella
  • Love 8

This could also be a picture asked for by one of Derrick's co-workers, "Let's get one of only the family!" and let Jill have a copy. It may seem odd to us, but maybe his co-workers wanted to see the other Duggars. Some maybe fans, some just to see the family in real life (there maybe some just wanted to see and snark). I don't see any real hidden meanings behind the pic. I know at our work, we do give showers for fathers' to be and invite the mothers if they are available to come. Sometimes they are at their own workplace and cannot come, but we still have the shower for the father/baby. 

• Love 2

I don't think it's been confirmed that Jill and Derick are living that standard like JB/MEchelle. Given that they don't seem to post REAL selfies - just themselves in a picture - it's impossible to say how much time they actually spend alone, or how many places one of them goes without *someone* with them. Seeing that there are only two of them, and Jill drives Derick to work, how does she pick up her siblings? Or are they brought to her so she isn't going out alone? There's really no way to know these answers with 100% certainty. They sure as heck won't tell us; accountability partners are really only known by people familiar with Gothard's "teachings," which wouldn't include (or be noticed by) most of their sheeple fans.

Internet gossip.

Thanks. I'm not aware of Gothard's teaching of accountability re; spending time alone -- which doesn't surprise me given the repressive nature of his belief system.

Since no one knows what Derick and Jill do -- sounds like Internet gossip and speculation.

• Love 1

We've thrown baby showers for male and female co-workers, when they've expected their first babies. And the fact that his co-workers all work for WalMart (employee discount?) makes it even more logical. Showers aren't always thrown based on need, but on thoughtfulness. Maybe his co-workers actually LIKE Derrick. Seems like a nice guy. I've  known brides and expectant mothers who have had way more showers than they actually need to have, but having one for each side of the family and one at work, doesn't seem strange at all. If someone offers, what are Jill and Derrick supposed to say, "No, it will look bad to our fans and critics." No, you say, "Thank you for thinking of us. I love cake." Well, Jessa wouldn't say that. She'd ask for sundaes. 

And, yeah. Co-worker showers are ALWAYS an excuse to bring in food and have a pot luck...or better yet, order out and have the office foot the bill. No one ever minds free food. 

I refuse to eat at Chik-fil-a because the company is anti-LGBT. Why do you think the Duggars say that's their favorite fast food place.

True, and I don't agree with their corporate philosophy on that subject, but the owners of our local Chik-fil-A franchises are big time charitable donors to the no-kill animal shelter that I volunteer at. They've personally adopted several animals from us, as have many of their employees, they donated the money for a "meet and greet room" at the new shelter, and each year provide free lunch during our annual fund raising Mutt March (for the humans, of course). Plus, their chicken sandwiches actually look like CHICKEN who you eat them. Not ground up crap that you can't recognize. Isn't their chicken is hormone free? Not sure on that.  I don't eat there that often, but I try to rationalize it that way when I do. I think of it as patronizing/supporting the local owner's charitable works, not the corporate office's archaic mindset.

Edited by ChicksDigScars
  • Love 5

I see no problem with Derick's co-workers throwing him and Jill a baby shower, but on the other hand, I do not understand Jill's family showing up. Derick's mother was in the one picture, but she may still be working for or is an ex-employee of Wal-Mart, so  I can understand her being there. I would not be surprise if this ends up being on an episode because this is part of the amazing, special, change of life, process makes baby blessing in Jill's life. She has to share this moment with the rest of us.

In my opinion, if Jill did not get pregnant so quickly, they still would have found a Jill storyline. She is the first daughter to get married, and her new life is so wonderful, special, and awesome. Plenty of FU!!! internet moments to show the heathen masses, and to prove Jill is all grown up and has turn into a mature, married woman. I am amazed I was able to type this without cracking up laughing or rolling my eyes to the point of pain. *sarcasm inserted here*

Other than Derick wearing the Wal-mart marker, do we have any other indication this is a Wal-mart shower? That doesn't, frankly, look like a corporate space at all. It's too generic. (Note - my husband works for a different corporation at HQ.). That looks more like space Cathy might rent at her offices. If she threw the shower, then family being there is not so odd.

• Love 1

I grew up Fundamentalist (very light because I have a masters degree) (ha!). Married and was a lighter Baptist for 20+ years. However, I mingled alot with the hardcore Fundamentalists.

As I understand it, you are not to be alone with a member of the opposite sex, when you are married.

You can do all your errands and all the things that life requires out alone. That would be fine.

You are not to jump in the car on your lunch break with a member of the opposite sex and head to the bank to deposit your paychecks or drive a co worker home or invite a member of the opposite sex into your home. Or grab a quick burger with a co worker. Or do a Bible study with anyone of the opposite sex.

As I was reading this and typing up my post, i realized that I still do this unconsciously. I have found myself alone with males and everything is fine...but it does feel a bit weird. Like, I do notice it.

I converted to LDS (Mormon) and from what I observe, they follow this also. No one ever said it to me but I have noted it. Although at a funeral I did have to drive with another man from church, so I'm sure this rule is flexible depending on what is going on in life too.

Edited by Marigold

I saw a recent photo of Jill and Derrick along with Jessa and Ben, and Jill looks ready to pop. I can't believe she's not due until March 24. If their baby is born on her due date, I have a feeling it's going to be a big baby. 

Seriously. I can't believe she's got 7 weeks to go. Maybe it's the fact that she's wearing blousey, hand-me-down tops from Michelle, but she looks full term NOW. 

And I'm not saying that I think Jill gave it up before the wedding day, She's the thirstiest Kool Aid drinker in the bunch! If you told me that a Duggar girl got laid before he put a ring on it, I'd look right at Jessa. No hesitation. But, Jill? Hmmmm.

Edited by ChicksDigScars

The problem here is that no coworkers were pictured, and the "haul" was pathetically small;  it looked like gifts from just the pictured family members (Jessa was notably absent), not them and a larger group of co-workers (who should have been pictured with the gifts if they actually gave them). It looked like it happened in a lunchroom, probably during Derick's lunch hour sometime last week (before MEchelle flew off to the anti-abortion rally in Alaska with Boob this past weekend). It was just strange that NO co-workers were pictured. 

It is weird that no co-workers were pictured. Maybe they weren't actually part of the event? Or - more likely - maybe none of them wanted to be photographed and featured of dozens of social-media platforms?  Just wonderin'...

• Love 2

Oh, boy! Another shower for a family member of a multi-millionaire, who also gets paid to sit upright and breathe. It may be "bad manners" to refuse a baby shower, but it's never bad manners to diplomatically explain to the generous host(ess) that since one has already raked in tens of thousands of dollars in wedding gifts, baby gifts and free merchandise over the past eight months, it would be appreciated if the gifts were a donation to either a baby pantry or the local food bank.

It is amazing that the Duggars are so intent on LIVING THEIR FAITH but conveniently forget all the verses commanding that believers share their blessings with the poor. It's hard to imagine there are no poor people whatsoever in Tontitown. I'm betting there are several among the Wal-Mart employees derickdillard works with.

• Love 4

Aaaaaand, as I predicted the "fast and furious" use of social media this week leading up to the new season, Jill posts her latest Lunch with Derick at WallyWorld.

http://instagram.com/p/y7rXMPLs7c/?modal=true

"I'm blessed beyond measure to have the sweetest, most supportive, Godly man as my husband! I love you babe @derickdillard #lunchdate #soinlove #derickdillard"

Jill, enough already. We get it. 

Good Lord Jill, let the man breathe already. I could see stopping by for lunch once a week, but it seems like she's hanging around Wal-Mart Headquarters every day.

As far as the work shower, I don't have an issue with it, but why were the rest of the Duggars there?

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 2

I hope we will find out in this "new season" of 19K what Jill has actually been up to regarding the amount of hanging around WalMart headquarters that we have seen on her web accounts. I would think if she were there "too much and too often", using company cafeterias and gymns every day, the management would say something to derickdillard regardless of her celeb status. She or anyone else can't be a distraction for the other employees, nor can she interfere with derickdillard's work performance. I would like to know the facts about that. Yes, she seems a bit too clingy to me. When I was first married, and SO MUCH IN LOVE, my husband and I worked 2 blocks from each other "downtown" and we didn't see each other during the day... we had 1 car and we rode to work and home together...that was about it. Can't understand why she seems to need to eat lunch with him every day..

Jill does look good with her hair up. I noticed they have their engagement photos on the FB page. It might be the clothing she's wearing but Jill looks like she's long waisted & has wide hips. You'd think her pregnancy weight would disperse more & she wouldn't have much of a belly. Although, she could have taken eating for 2 literally & gaine a lot more than the recommended 25-30 lbs.

Liked Jill's too, even her tennis shoes.

Yes, but true to form -- Jill's feet (or in this case, her shoes) are dirty.

Here's hoping over time, Derick's grooming and good taste will rub off on Jill and not the other way around.

• Love 1

Jill does look good with her hair up. I noticed they have their engagement photos on the FB page. It might be the clothing she's wearing but Jill looks like she's long waisted & has wide hips. You'd think her pregnancy weight would disperse more & she wouldn't have much of a belly. Although, she could have taken eating for 2 literally & gaine a lot more than the recommended 25-30 lbs.

I dunno. The rest of her still looks slim; it's all belly. And yeah, it's a huge 'un! :D

How about a Baby Pool? Date, weight, length. Keep in mind the due date is 3/24, and I feel for her these last few weeks.

I'll start: 3/21; 9 lbs. 2 oz.; 21 1/2"

I dunno. The rest of her still looks slim; it's all belly. And yeah, it's a huge 'un! :D

How about a Baby Pool? Date, weight, length. Keep in mind the due date is 3/24, and I feel for her these last few weeks.

I'll start: 3/21; 9 lbs. 2 oz.; 21 1/2"

I think she's all belly too.

As for the baby pool.......3/23, 8 lbs. 15 oz, 22".

I'm surprised that no one has guessed that he will be late -- the Duggars are always late! Plus, I had heard that first babies tend to be born late, so I looked it up and found this:

The general pattern is that first babies are more likely to be early (37 weeks or less), less likely to be on time (38-40), and more likely to be late (41 or more).

I know that the Duggars don't believe in this sort of thing, but I think it's a bit ironic that (if he's born on-time or late) baby Dilly will be an Aries -- known for being adventurous and independent.

Holy crap, irisheyes, that's a linebacker! I hope you had an epidural!  You certainly deserved one. :D

Muffy has a husband who has to be at work every day at a certain time. She got knocked up basically two days after they returned from their honeymoon. For these people, that's right on time. I don't think she'll go until 3/24, but I think she'll go in week 40, right on time. Life seems to work that way for her and will until she experiences a real challenge of some sort. 

So yeah, I think she'll buck the odds, and be miserable as hell, but ever martyring herself, gestating the Next Coming, as she goes down to the wire. 

Edited by Sew Sumi

My guess: 3/9, 8lbs. 11 oz., 22.25 in.

I base this off of the large number of women I knew who didn't gain a lot of weight with their first pregnancy and delivered early. 

I normally wouldn't give baby Dill as much weight as I did, but I think he's following the Dillard family tradition of large babies.  Since Derick seems tall, I'm giving the baby some extra length too.

And I'd like them to use the evil advanced education and scientific knowledge garnered by the medical community to check baby Dill for Marfans Syndrome as he grows, just in case.

Does anyone know where they stand on immunizations?

3-25-2015 ; 25 since Jesus was born on the 25th. (Yes I know it probably wasn't his real birthday. Not sure the Duggars believe it isn't.) 8 pounds 2 oz not sure length 18? in.

Jesus Duggar Dillard (kidding)

more seriously

Rick James since I'm sure Jill has no idea who he is. Maybe Derrick does though?

Although I'm not sure, they could go with something biblical or trendy from left field. 

Rick Duggar Dillard (actual prediction)

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 3

I sincerely think that Jim Bob or Michelle absolutely do NOT need any grandchildren named after them...they have named some of their own children after themselves; which I think is conceited of them. (Normal parents don't have that "air" that they do). The "other" grandparents need a chance to step up and be noticed. I think a nice name for Jill's son would be Richard Michael Dillard...for HIS father and derickdillard's middle name. If Jill EVER has a girl, and I hope one is WAY DOWN THE LINE, after 6 boys, a nice name would be to remember Jill's grandmother and that child's grandmother: Mary Catherine Dillard.

I think Jilly Muffin will have her muffin top on March 19th and he will weigh 9lbs 2 oz; 22 inches. Get thee to a hospital Jilly Muffin...

• Love 5

I think they may name him after Derick's father -- first and middle names. 

Whatever they've chosen, it seems to me that it is long settled. There have been no posts about lists of baby names, or reading baby name books. As excited as Jill is about the baby, I think we would have seen some activity like this if there was any question at all. The only thing they did say was that they weren't going with a letter, and as many J's as Jill has in her family, I don't think they'd go with James. Here's hoping anyway . . . 

• Love 1

I will say April 1, because it will have fooled everyone. Her size now means nothing to me. Baby comes in at eight pounds nine ounces and is 23 inches.

I think Jill will love nursing and won't give it up the way Michelle did. Like Anna, this will give her some spacing. I predict an announcement at "Josie's" birthday. (Yes, I realize there are several birthdays, but only Josie ever seems to get a birthday on the show."

• Love 2

Didn't always prevent M getting knocked up. She was still breast feeding Jordyn when she got pregnant with Josie. It was the change in her milk and Jordyn getting unsettled while feeding that told M she had caught a baby again.

I do not think Jill will be pregnant right away because she will be nursing. Nursing tends to delay pregnancy.