Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Derek looks like a donkey with his messed up teeth.  

I don't know how parents of 2 kids refuse to get a job to support their family.  

Because God will provide.* Duh. And it's not like kids cost all that much. You're probably thinking of the money it would take to buy them things like food and shoes, right? Nonsense. Those things are totally optional. Jill was deprived of both for much of her childhood and she turned out completely normal! 

*I wonder if they've considered the idea that God's way of providing for them was Derrick's accounting degree?

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, PuhLeeze said:

Surely they're paid to be on the show.

But are they still filming? It's pretty much a forgone conclusion that they didn't film Sammy's birth; they hid whatever was wrong with him and never disclosed what happened. They're surly. They're unlikeable to the nth degree. I'd be perfectly content to never see these two ever again. 

That said, Derelict posted a picture of them with a "friend" from Nepal (with "Secret Service" on his chest) having an apparently authentic dinner earlier tonight (still Friday here). Interestingly, in the very front of the picture, it looks like there's a stroller. 

How do these people get perks like taking spouses and babies/toddlers when others struggle to make "tuition?" I wonder if this counts as one of the domestic "mission" trips Derelict has to take as part of his bullshit training? Of course, TLC money paid for Jill and at least Sammy to accompany him. What fucking privilege in front of people with whom you are supposed to humble yourself in front of God. 

I really have escalated to hating this guy. Jill? She's nothing. She contributes nothing to the family brand at all. Even Joy does a better job selling them. 

• Love 16
40 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I really have escalated to hating this guy. Jill? She's nothing. She contributes nothing to the family brand at all. Even Joy does a better job selling them. 

I don't think that any of them are smart enough to figure this out. I think that we were al bamboozeled by Derick having a degree, but it appears that he's not too bright.

The Duggar brand is a business -- a badly tarnished brand right now that needs a lot of good PR. I don't know if Derick never expected to be part of this dog and pony show, if he was disillusioned by the molestation scandal, if he was disillusssioned by what he saw first hand at the TTH, if he was always just a douche-bag -- I just don't know. He's really doing a bad job, though, of marketing his family as a likeable young Christian family -- which is all he really needs to do to keep the cash tap open.

I think it's very possible that he never saw himself having a job, and that he thought he would be a "missionary" and kind of bum around and travel the world, and yak about Jesus, and get some sex, and God would provide. He was cut a lot of slack because of his father's untimely death, his mother's illness, his marriage, the molestation scandal, the birth of his first child, etc., He's someone who I might pity -- if he wasn't such a self-righteous ass-hat -- but he's not someone to admire in any way.

Ben was tarnishing the Duggar brand early on his his relationship and he has toned it waaaay down to keep the gravy train rolling; Derick doesn't seem capable of that kind of restraint

• Love 19
10 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh dear....

I simply can't imagine what the purpose of this would be.

First of all, everyone who agrees with him, agrees with him. It is so banal and obvious in his world that i can't imagine what would inspire anyone to post it at all.

So, for no reason and with no provocation, he posts something infalmmatory with nothing to back it up -- not even any Bible verses -- for what? He can't be trying to change anyone's mind can he? Is he trying to gin up controversy and get kicked off the show? Will getting fired -- again -- earn him points with Jesus?

• Love 16

Maybe Jill is somehow pregnant already? His last abortion rant was when Jill was pregnant with Sam. Maybe he thinks he gets Jesus points for shouting from the roof tops that they're not terminating a pregnancy. Or maybe its a Freudian, "Oh Fuck".

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 15
2 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Maybe Jill is somehow pregnant already? His last abortion rant was when Jill was pregnant with Sam. Maybe he thinks he gets Jesus points for shouting from the roof tops that they're are not terminating a pregnancy. Or maybe its a Freudian, "Oh Fuck".

That's not an unreasonable guess -- as depressing as that would be. The subtext, thoough, is "Look at me, I don't want any more kids, but my wife is going to have another baby anyway because we don't believe in abortion." There's nothing about the way he presents these tweets that suggests he cares at all about the women or potential children involved, and nothing to suggest that he loves and cherishes his own children. I'm not saying that he doesn't love his children, but i see very little evidence that he does.

• Love 16
9 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

That's not an unreasonable guess -- as depressing as that would be. The subtext, thoough, is "Look at me, I don't want any more kids, but my wife is going to have another baby anyway because we don't believe in abortion." There's nothing about the way he presents these tweets that suggests he cares at all about the women or potential children involved, and nothing to suggest that he loves and cherishes his own children. I'm not saying that he doesn't love his children, but i see very little evidence that he does.

Yeah, he generally seems kind of bored and disengaged around the kids. I think he would probably prefer to be done having more, but no chance of that with Jill unless he sneaks off and gets a vasectomy while she thinks he's doing interpretive dance to "Despacito" at a college party. 

And I suspect his views on parenthood are no secret to Jill. That photo that she posted several days ago was pretty weird. He was standing in the kitchen with one of the kids on his shoulders while the other kid was just kind of standing there looking at the camera and Jill captioned it "best papa ever!" because apparently just being in physical contact with one of your two children while ignoring the other one makes you the best papa ever. It smacked of trying too hard.

• Love 11

It's so odd that these people have so many children, but seem like they wish they all would go away so they could be alone with their spouse! I feel like even though Derrick is unhappy in his marriage, he does love Jill, and wishes he could just spend time with her and not the kids. Kind of like boob and Michelle, so focused on each other and not their children. It scares me, though, because Michelle and Jill are equally checked out, but I always felt like Boob had some genuine love for his children, enjoyed spending time with them, and appreciated their uniqueness up to a certain point. The Dillard kids have two checked out parents instead of one, which frightens me to the core! They would be so much better off if Cathy could raise them. 

• Love 5

If Derick does not want anymore children or was so shocked when Jill got pregnant so darn fast, he should have use birth control. The only ones I feel bad for are the kids because once again, they pay the price for their parent's stupidity. I also do not see the two kids being better off with Cathy after looking at the way Derick turned out. Any port in the storm...

1 hour ago, mynextmistake said:
2 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Yeah, he generally seems kind of bored and disengaged around the kids. I think he would probably prefer to be done having more, but no chance of that with Jill unless he sneaks off and gets a vasectomy while she thinks he's doing interpretive dance to "Despacito" at a college party. 

That would be one scary interpretive dance being that the video oozes sex from its every pore. Imagining Derick's Picasso crossbite and gangly limbs flailing everywhere require more brain bleach. Try to imagine this spectacle if you dare.  Ladies and gentlemen, the Lord has laid it upon my heart to warn you of defrauding sights such as Nike dressing, frontal hugging, and grinding pelvises. 

Loved the closeup of the boombox. My hubby still clings onto his, even though he hasn't used it in... maybe 20 years. 

Videos. I am so far behind the curve. I thought that was semi over when they went pretty much pay to play. 

26 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Loved the closeup of the boombox. My hubby still clings onto his, even though he hasn't used it in... maybe 20 years. 

Videos. I am so far behind the curve. I thought that was semi over when they went pretty much pay to play. 

Believe it or not, you do still see them around the island. I imagine most people have kept them for the use of the radio during hurricanes because they run on batteries, rather than resistance to modernizing.  My SIL still had one when we last visited in 2011, but I imagine it finally bit the dust by now.

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

That would be one scary interpretive dance being that the video oozes sex from its every pore. Imagining Derick's Picasso crossbite and gangly limbs flailing everywhere require more brain bleach. Try to imagine this spectacle if you dare.  Ladies and gentlemen, the Lord has laid it upon my heart to warn you of defrauding sights such as Nike dressing, frontal hugging, and grinding pelvises. 

That's why the dance would have to be interpretive. I picture Derrick with a megaphone shouting at all the college kids dancing "no, you're supposed to be moving AWAY from sin! AWAY from it! Come on, guys, this isn't what we practiced!"

• Love 6
5 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

It does make at least some sort of sense in their worldview though...if you trust in God and he gives you something you are not ready for you believe he thinks you can handle it...and even if it all goes South, it's because He had a plan, and you need to trust in that.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Wow. Some of the comments are really brutal. Lol  And there are people who think he's not Izzy and Sam's father? Um... OK... 

Wow indeed. Does Derick even know what irony means?

• Love 2
8 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

And I suspect his views on parenthood are no secret to Jill. That photo that she posted several days ago was pretty weird. He was standing in the kitchen with one of the kids on his shoulders while the other kid was just kind of standing there looking at the camera and Jill captioned it "best papa ever!" because apparently just being in physical contact with one of your two children while ignoring the other one makes you the best papa ever. It smacked of trying too hard.

I agree. The posts of Derick reading to Izzy, or of the family spending time together all seem to be special occasions worthy of posting, not just snippets of everyday life. Derick doesn't work, so there is no reason why he wouldn't be available to read Izzy a bedtime story every night. There's no reason why it would be note worthy that he is burping Sam if he did it all the time. Jill may think that Derick is the "world's best Dad!" but that is because she, truly does have the "world's worst Dad," and the "world's worst Mom," too.

• Love 10

If they did film the birth, I guarantee you that they'll start out showing jilly in bed, and then it will quickly cut to the hospital, spending most of the episode there, implying that most of that 40+ hour labor was under the supervision of qualified medical professionals. I think something did happen with this birth, and we will never know! I also believe all those accounts of people seeing duggars in the hospital crying. I would really hope people wouldn't just make that up, and I think they would cry if anything happened to their baby. Even after Josie, they find themselves untouchable. 

• Love 8

A poster on a different blog said she saw a picture of the Dullards in In Touch magazine & Sammy was still wearing the mittens.  I'm beginning to think there may be truth in the rumors that something is wrong with his hands.  Why wouldn't they take off the mittens for the picture? He's three months old now - why are they limiting him from grasping & touching things by wearing the mittens?   

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

A poster on a different blog said she saw a picture of the Dullards in In Touch magazine & Sammy was still wearing the mittens.  I'm beginning to think there may be truth in the rumors that something is wrong with his hands.  Why wouldn't they take off the mittens for the picture? He's three months old now - why are they limiting him from grasping & touching things by wearing the mittens?   

Jill took care of that

No mittens

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ_PrYXlOMU/

• Love 1
59 minutes ago, queenanne said:

Aw, look at Izzy supporting his little head... good job, kid.

That's not Izzy's hand that's providing the head support.  It's definitely an adult female's hand, probably Jill's.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Christina87 said:

If they did film the birth, I guarantee you that they'll start out showing jilly in bed, and then it will quickly cut to the hospital, spending most of the episode there, implying that most of that 40+ hour labor was under the supervision of qualified medical professionals. I think something did happen with this birth, and we will never know! I also believe all those accounts of people seeing duggars in the hospital crying. I would really hope people wouldn't just make that up, and I think they would cry if anything happened to their baby. Even after Josie, they find themselves untouchable. 

Crying can mean a lot of things though. I couldn't have an epidural for medical reasons. After 9 hours of labor I agreed to a couple doses of Stadol. The baby reacted badly, and I ended up in a crash section when they lost her heartbeat. It was terrifying. I was crying, my husband was crying, if we'd had extended family there they would have been crying. Fortunately I had a fantastic OB and a NICU team standing by and my daughter was totally fine (she didn't even have to go down to the NICU, which is great considering her first Apgar score was only 4). But I cried for days after that, because I felt so guilty for taking that Stadol.

In Jill's case, I could see the family crying for reasons other than something being wrong with the baby. She should have known better than to labor at home for 40 hours, especially after Izzy, and so should the rest of the family if they had any sense whatsoever. Maybe they felt guilty too? Maybe that's ascribing a degree of self-awareness the Duggars just don't have, I don't know. But I don't think them crying necessarily means something went badly wrong with the birth.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Lunera said:

Oh, boy. It's like he's committing career suicide, if he had one. 

Finally, Derick finally discovered other footwear besides sandals, leading us all to discover he's now exposing something something worse than his gnarly feet. Surprised his spindly legs are even that big around.  I realize there's a lid for every pot, but I just don't see how Muffy gives this bag of skin and bone room in her bed.

• Love 4

I suspect he took a photo of a friend wearing those socks? I don't think they're his legs. But ugh to endorsing Trump socks. 

He is going rogue in a very non-Duggar way which is....interesting.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Wow. Some of the comments are really brutal. Lol  And there are people who think he's not Izzy and Sam's father? Um... OK... 

18 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

It's bad enough this ignorant fuckwit has nothing better to do. Even worse, he clearly practices little to nothing of what he preaches.

18 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

And now this mess.

Sounds like Dwerp has hurt feelings.  He has an astounding lack of self awareness.  He is admonishing other people to be nice?  

When you  post hateful things (and it's almost every day), don't act surprised when people call you out on it.  And in a not very nice way.

You don't get it both ways dumbass.

Edited by toodles
  • Love 16

Yes, these aren't his legs so why post them at all. The majority of the comments were bad and that's exactly the reaction he knew he would get. He's such a loser, why the constant trolling?

• Love 1
On 7/15/2017 at 5:13 PM, RazzleberryPie said:

Sorry about the quote box.

My guess on what went wrong with Samuel's birth, based on nothing but Duggars crying and a seemingly healthy baby along with radio silence about the birth:  hysterectomy or other permanent loss of fertility. 

• Love 7
3 hours ago, toodles said:

Sounds like Dwerp has hurt feelings.  He has an astounding lack of self awareness.  He is admonishing other people to be nice?  

When you  post hateful things (and it's almost every day), don't act surprised when people call you out on it.  And in a not very nice way.

You don't get it both ways dumbass.

Exactly!!!! He posts nothing with gentleness and respect. How is he not aware of that?! And I highly doubt he does much, ummm, ANY research. He is a duggar now, after all!

i wouldn't even mind his views if he would post in a respectful way (except about jazz...that didn't need to be said!). I would love to see something like:

"I know political opinions differ, but it's no secret that my family and I are pro-life. My personal opinion is that abortion is murder, so it bothers me that ___ number of children are aborted every year. In order to raise awareness, I will be with my family at the March for Life. If you are of a similar mindset, please come join us there. It would be so amazing if we could have ___ number of pro-lifers there!"

i consider that decently respectful, and actually promoting a cause / taking action instead of hatefully spewing garbage while doing nothing about the actual issues. Even things I agree with him on, I can't help but be against him because he says everything in suuuuuch a rude way!

• Love 4

I've detested dreck for a while now, but these recent tweets and pictures are sending me into an unhealthy rage. I don't think I can even read this thread anymore. I'm livid that he proclaims his Christianity and is supposedly training to "minister", and was actually on a mission field representing Christ while saying and doing the things he does. 

• Love 10