Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

Jerick has aged forty years in the past two. I'm pretty firmly on the train of 'something is medically wrong with him' now.

Yes, his eyes look so sunken and baggy. That's not good. He does look reasonably happy, though. Just too worn out to really show it.

• Love 2

Poor Derick. I hope he's under the care of a physician. He's always been rangy, but he looks seriously unhealthy in this picture. I will admit I'm kind of loving that he didn't clean up his Homeless Hipster look before setting foot in the People's Republic of Kim Jong Boob.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Should I be scared Derick and I have the almost same hair length, the same type of bangs, and the same type of part. I do style my hair differently of course. *me scared*

Nope, just as long as you don't also have his beard/stash.  ?

• Love 2

I think they left about this time a year ago, so maybe it's a one year tour of duty (I use that word loosely).  

Perhaps a talent scout saw Derick's interpretive dance? 

He really does look ill...he's always been gaunt, but even more so now. Maybe he got some parasite while he was there. Hope he keeps the scruffy look and takes Jill and Izzy far away after he has a showdown with Jim Jong Boob.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Yes, his eyes look so sunken and baggy. That's not good. He does look reasonably happy, though. Just too worn out to really show it.

1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

Poor Derick. I hope he's under the care of a physician. He's always been rangy, but he looks seriously unhealthy in this picture. I will admit I'm kind of loving that he didn't clean up his Homeless Hipster look before setting foot in the People's Republic of Kim Jong Boob.

Might just be me, but he doesn't look too happy to me.

24 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

It's called Jill-ardia. But seriously, this lifestyle ages everyone so quickly.

That was pretty good!  I see what you did there... As a pet owner (rescuer) I have had to spend months treating this in animals.

• Love 2

Just a thought - if Jerick are coming home to stay, any way or chance that KJB could launch a church with Jeremy, Bin and Derick as pastors? Could that bring in enough money as at least supplemental income?

• Love 1
10 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Just a thought - if Jerick are coming home to stay, any way or chance that KJB could launch a church with Jeremy, Bin and Derick as pastors? Could that bring in enough money as at least supplemental income?

It crossed my mind, but for churches to make money, they need a congregation. Who would listen to that?

Jill-ardia!!! That was awesome.

Yep, giardia is a tough parasite to get rid of in pets. My vet recommends bottled water to prevent it.  It lives in most city water supplies.  A heavy regimen of acidophilus helps, but failing that get those puppies or kittens to a vet...fostering several kittens and caring for several cats over the years has me well familiar with giardia.

• Love 1
(edited)
3 hours ago, auntieminem said:

The Dillards posted more pictures on there blog.  Be prepared, in a couple Derick has a man bun.  Someone here was predicting that.  

http://www.dillardfamily.com/index.cfm?p=2016-ministry-photo-album

israel-scared-of-thunderstorm.jpg

but his hair isn't quite long enough, so scarf as well.

Looks like Jill has been teaching the locals to make cheap plastic jewelry.

There's a picture of a lady giving some kid a "Kim Jong Un" haircut on their porch.

Edited by Kokapetl
29 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

There's a picture of a lady giving some kid a "Kim Jong Un" haircut on their porch.

Their pictures are all so WTF--like, who was that? Who were any of those people? Why include them? How about a caption here or there? (But god, man buns are my sexual kryptonite, I swear. It's Pavlovian. Even you, Dillard. I know, I know; I hate myself.)

• Love 7
(edited)

I will forever cut Derrick some slack for getting Jill the hell out of Dodge when the shit hit the fan. Maybe it's because I live in Portland, but he doesn't look so grubby to me. He does look unhealthy, though. 

Edited by MischaMouse
  • Love 8
3 minutes ago, MischaMouse said:

I will forever cut Derrick some slack for getting Jill the hell out of Dodge when the shit hit the fan. Maybe it's because I live in Portland, but he doesn't look so grubby to me. He does look unhealthy, though. 

Oh my gosh Mischa, I'm in Portland too and--see my post above yours--I've been basically Stockholm Syndromed by that look. I was like, 'Hmmm...looks like every single dude I see on Alberta every single day...'

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Pachengala said:

Their pictures are all so WTF--like, who was that? Who were any of those people? Why include them? How about a caption here or there? (But god, man buns are my sexual kryptonite, I swear. It's Pavlovian. Even you, Dillard. I know, I know; I hate myself.)

I may be the only one of my generation, but I really like a man bun, too! And I sure prefer it to the crazy hair mop on Derrick.

• Love 3
8 hours ago, Love2dance said:

I may be the only one of my generation, but I really like a man bun, too! And I sure prefer it to the crazy hair mop on Derrick.

Doesn't kryptonite mean bad not good?

• Love 2

Have to admit...the Iz photos are adorable. The rest I see as a big FU to all the internets who say the Dillards didn't 'do' anything in CA or aren't a happy family.

9 hours ago, Pachengala said:

Go directly to the prayer closet...do not pass GO...do not collect $200....

image.jpeg

• Love 2

It was me who predicted the manbun, and I like it.   Guys who can pull that off are kind cute to me.  It doesn't smack of maturity in a big way, but it kind of speaks to rebellion a little.  Not so much individuality, since it's fairly common, but it does place him as someone who wanted a look and went after it.  Not a pea in the right pod.  YMMV

• Love 8

HFC...they've GOT to be reading our forum!!!! You said man bun, and then we see Derick with one, albeit a wimpy man bun...now if we can just get them the hell away from Kim Jong Boob.

And last night, a tabloid mentioned posters who were concerned about Derick's health and speculated he accidentally got addicted to pain meds....didn't say what blog site or name any bloggers...but we know we are on the cutting edge.

• Love 8
52 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

He's not going to pull this manbun shit around King JB. 

I so hope he does!!! JB is already aware of the man bun..I'm not a fan of the man bun by any means (to each their own), BUT, I'll be its biggest fan EVER if it pisses Boob off and Derick keeps it as an act of defiance to show Jim Bob that he has indeed grown a set.

• Love 8
(edited)
3 hours ago, Almost 3000 said:

Doesn't kryptonite mean bad not good?

I see it as meaning a weakness...which can be good or bad, depending on how much you enjoy it :)

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 10
36 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I see it as meaning a weakness...which can be good or bad, depending on how much you enjoy it :)

I meant it like this exactly---the manbun (or 'mun') is irresistible to me, like kryptonite. I am unable to resist it. Even on stupid Derrick, it's working for me.

3 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Go directly to the prayer closet...do not pass GO...do not collect $200....

image.jpeg

I'm sorry! I know! I blame Satan. 

• Love 3

I don't care for Derick's new style even though it's a common look.

However, by IFB standards, he is considered rebellious, which amuses me. :) tee hee, Jim Bob!! We're laughing at you!

Derick looks physically unwell. Derick needs to see a doctor asap. 

I wonder if Jill sees the difference?  She obviously likes selfies etc. I hope someone in the immediate group has noticed and is encouraging him to see a doctor. 

• Love 4

We're just outside of Seattle. I'm not digging Triple D's new look. He appears dangerously thin in the last photo.

2 hours ago, CofCinci said:

J-Chelle plugged in the clippers with a cigarette lighter adapter before they left the airport parking lot and Triple D had a new 'do before they reached the Tontitown city limits.

• Love 2
(edited)
55 minutes ago, CofCinci said:

Has "Blanket Training" started already?

image.jpeg

He looks like a normal happy baby to me.

img-0255.jpg

img-1937.jpg

img-2005.jpg

img-1996.jpg

img-2044.jpg

img-2013.jpg

img-2231-photogallery.jpg

These people don't need to always be viewed through shit coloured glasses.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 20
(edited)
2 hours ago, Almost 3000 said:
2 hours ago, Pachengala said:

I meant it like this exactly---the manbun (or 'mun') is irresistible to me, like kryptonite. I am unable to resist it. Even on stupid Derrick, it's working for me.

I'm sorry! I know! I blame Satan. 

In that case, I take back my oops! I also think mums are sexy.

Edited by Love2dance
Added word
  • Love 1
19 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I can see Jessa just walking up to that man bun with a big pair of lawn scissors and hacking it right off. 

She's mean enough to do it, too!

i grew up in East Texas and I knew a lot of IFB, and though they've evolved from prairie frumpers to modern modest for the most part and relaxed men's dress somewhat, I don't think Derick's scruffy har, beard, and man bun fir even into Fundy lite...but it's def not IFB.

• Love 1
On July 8, 2016 at 6:40 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Imma just gonna drop this one here...

I don't understand that caption!  Who's writing it?  Who is on vacation?  And it's not even a good picture, what is the point in posting a blurry pic with glare in a random location?

7 hours ago, CofCinci said:

7 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Once home, I fully expect him to get the regulation male Duggar modified crew cut that he sported before he left.

Time will tell!  Can't wait to see if your predictions come true!  Although if Jeremy can have his tat, derick has a case for keeping the manbun!  

• Love 1

But Jeremy can cover his tat most of the time (not to mention it's on the underside of his arm, so rather hard to see unless you're looking for it). Derick can't cover the manbun. The bandana only serves to highlight it even more. 

I can't find the pix now but I just saw it as I was flipping through the unread threads. I'm pretty sure the pix was Jill's counter because it was a mess. Anyway, there are two big bottles of Avon Skin So Soft sitting on the counter with is interesting because its suppose to ward off biting insects. Glad they seem to being doing at least that and its considered safer for kids than the more toxic bug sprays. I'm being bitten a lot this year so I recognized the bottles because I just bought some.