Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

If those Dilgar pirates were truly doing good works, they better have had wet wipes for they people they gave donuts too. It's the work of Satan to leave someone with glazed-donut stickiness.

Maybe that's why they gave away the box of donuts. It was probably Josie's. As good as Krispy Kreme donuts are, they probably aren't worth keeping if someone licks them.

• Love 10

I thought these tweets was interesting - 

https://twitter.com/derick4Him/status/643850658748174336

https://twitter.com/derick4Him/status/643850846724337664

Derick sent a message to US Olympic marathoner Ryan Hall asking about the work he and his wife Sara are doing in Africa. The couple have a foundation there called the Steps Foundation which they describe as a "non-profit movement to fight global poverty through better health".  I took a quick look at their website and it appears one of the things they do is invest micro loans in people to help them start their own businesses and get out of poverty. They've also helped build wells and redo a maternity clinic in Africa, among other things.  Derick said that he and Jill were interested in doing something similar in Central America.

• Love 5

Microloans managed by Derick? Yikes. They'll take more donations. Give that money to the locals they want to exploit. Then, have the locals pay the loans back with interest. They'll skim off the top of the donations and the loan interest. They're such scum bags.

• Love 12

Derick sent a message to US Olympic marathoner Ryan Hall asking about the work he and his wife Sara are doing in Africa. The couple have a foundation there called the Steps Foundation which they describe as a "non-profit movement to fight global poverty through better health".  I took a quick look at their website and it appears one of the things they do is invest micro loans in people to help them start their own businesses and get out of poverty. They've also helped build wells and redo a maternity clinic in Africa, among other things.  Derick said that he and Jill were interested in doing something similar in Central America.

Well, now, there's a positive sign. Although I wish he'd stop praying about it and start thinking about it. Hard to imagine that God wouldn't approve of actually, you know, helping people. But he might also think it's a good idea to do some planning and executing on our own. God might like to leave the details up to people from time to time, Dillards. And without a lot of thought, this would be a really easy one to mess up. (I'm still Pollyanna -- don't think they mess up on purpose. I just think they're kinda stupid. And sloppy. Hope I'm at least right about their intentions.)

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3

Krispy Kreme makes really really really good doughnuts, from the basic glazed right through to the sinfully loaded.

There are several really good looking Krispy Kreme Bread Pudding recipes out there (Linda Howard's Drop Dead Gorgeous is where I first found it) that can put on the pounds and clog your arteries just by reading the recipe.  Happily for my health I had already been diagnosed with Celiac Disease when I first heard of it.

Also, I'll just say, that on some days outside any or even every Metro station in the DC area, you could find someone who had purchased a few dozen boxes of glazed KKD and sold them at a nice mark-up to work-bound commuters.  Put a couple of boxes of those in your office breakroom and bask in the instant love.

Seriously, Krispy Kreme donut bread pudding is truly a delicious, precious blessing from the baby Jesus. If Jill and Derrick would like to "mission" to me by bringing me some Krispy Kreme bread pudding, I'm here for it. I'll even pose with them on Instagram. (Then they have to go so I can have alone time with the donut bread pudding.)

• Love 8

Maybe they are listening and it's dawning on them that calling oneself a missionary does not a missionary make. Jill was raised to believe nail polish & soccer balls (& TV) was mission work, maybe between the public backlash (and maybe Derick's mom?) they are getting a clue.

It would be great if they offered some real help to those that need it. However they could do the same thing staying under seas. ;)

• Love 3

So they got donuts for free. And then gave them to a family who were hungry and broke. And then took pictures of themselves with the family (and their sign, making sure we all know they were hungry and broke). And then posted those pictures on Instagram? I admit I'm no expert on Christian theology, but there appears to be something slightly wrong with this sequence of events. Shouldn't there be more actual helping the needy and less announcing it with trumpets? (I always want to ask these fundies if they've actually read Matthew 6)

It's almost funny how Duggar-ish this picture is. Not only is giving away the junk food they got for free an act of selfless charity, it is considered important and godly enough to be announced to the world.

You said it.

• Love 1

Maybe they are listening and it's dawning on them that calling oneself a missionary does not a missionary make. Jill was raised to believe nail polish & soccer balls (& TV) was mission work, maybe between the public backlash (and maybe Derick's mom?) they are getting a clue.

It would be great if they offered some real help to those that need it. However they could do the same thing staying under seas. ;)

And they could also do the same thing staying under the radar. If they could get through their heads that you don't need to endlessly fame whore everythng they'd be much better off, but they sure haven't got that message yet. Wonder if they ever will, or whether they'll just become more and more embittered when they can't climb back into the brightest spotlight.

• Love 2

And they could also do the same thing staying under the radar. If they could get through their heads that you don't need to endlessly fame whore everythng they'd be much better off, but they sure haven't got that message yet. Wonder if they ever will, or whether they'll just become more and more embittered when they can't climb back into the brightest spotlight.

Well they need the public to finish raising them, so they are getting some benefit from fame whoring.

• Love 3

It's so weird how being in the public spotlight changes people.  They all seem so desperate for attention.  I get it with the Duggars, they've courted the public for ages, the kids grew up in it.  But the really interesting thing is how quickly Derrick and Ben have been assimilated.  It's well-known that JB has controlled every aspect of his family's life, so I wonder if one thing he was looking for was that fame-whore quality.  It's like his check list of acceptable mates for his kids was the willingness to be filmed at any time and under any circumstances.

Even Anna, who married Josh very early on and spent most of her time in front of the cameras desperately looking to Josh for cues as to how to respond to the cameras intrusion, still consented to having all of her deliveries filmed.  Michelle didn't do that, and neither did Jill.  Jill may claim that she'd have had her delivery filmed except for the emergency C-section, but she was in labor for two days before she finally went to the hospital, but she didn't have a camera following her every step of the way.

The spouses of the Duggar kids are second tier.  They didn't get born into the family, so when things "really get real!", they're filmed in their most private moments.  Except for Jason.  When he fell into the orchastra pit at that mega church and was badly injured, Michelle happily filmed a talking head about how they managed without TLC camera's around.  She said that several of the family members got themselves lowered into the pit and used their cell phones to illuminate the situation while filming it.  And a couple of the older kids who were trained as first-responders checked out the situation and called 911.

Then there's the awsome footage of Jason being wheeled into the ER while Michelle walks proudly beside him and smiles and waves to the camera.

I hate these people.

Edited by Zahdii
  • Love 11

It's so weird how being in the public spotlight changes people.  They all seem so desperate for attention.  I get it with the Duggars, they've courted the public for ages, the kids grew up in it.  But the really interesting thing is how quickly Derrick and Ben have been assimilated.  It's well-known that JB has controlled every aspect of his family's life, so I wonder if one thing he was looking for was that fame-whore quality.  It's like his check list of acceptable mates for his kids was the willingness to be filmed at any time and under any circumstances.

Even Anna, who married Josh very early on and spent most of her time in front of the cameras desperately looking to Josh for cues as to how to respond to the cameras intrusion, still consented to having all of her deliveries filmed.  Michelle didn't do that, and neither did Jill.  Jill may claim that she'd have had her delivery filmed except for the emergency C-section, but she was in labor for two days before she finally went to the hospital, but she didn't have a camera following her every step of the way.

The spouses of the Duggar kids are second tier.  They didn't get born into the family, so when things "really get real!", they're filmed in their most private moments.  Except for Josiah.  When he fell into the orchastra pit at that mega church and was badly injured, Michelle happily filmed a talking head about how they managed without TLC camera's around.  She said that several of the family members got themselves lowered into the pit and used their cell phones to illuminate the situation while filming it.  And a couple of the older kids who were trained as first-responders checked out the situation and called 911.

Then there's the awsome footage of Josiah being wheeled into the ER while Michelle walks proudly beside him and smiles and waves to the camera.

I hate these people.

So true. I guess celebrity's awfully seductive, given the quick assimilation of Derick and Ben. (one note -- It's Jason who fell into the pit. Cue: "There's a Jason?") .... I do wonder how much the younger kids who've not been on camera much respond to this. Are they just dying to be featured players, too, or do they mostly find it all a big bother? I'd kind of bet on the latter, actually. But maybe genetics are involved or something.

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 2

So true. I guess celebrity's awfully seductive, given the quick assimilation of Derick and Ben. (one note -- It's Jason who fell into the pit. Cue: "There's a Jason?") .... I do wonder how much the younger kids who've not been on camera much respond to this. Are they just dying to be featured players, too, or do they mostly find it all a big bother? I'd kind of bet on the latter, actually. But maybe genetics are involved or something.

You are SO spot-on!  I googled it and it was indeed Jason who fell into the pit.  You were also correct that my next response was "There's a Jason?"

I edited my original post.  Apologies to Jason and Josiah for getting the names wrong.

• Love 3

"Loansharking?" On what evidence is that remark based?

Microloans managed by Derick? Yikes. They'll take more donations. Give that money to the locals they want to exploit. Then, have the locals pay the loans back with interest. They'll skim off the top of the donations and the loan interest. They're such scum bags.

I totally get that this could be a good thing, and ethically done, but since the Duggars are involved, it won't be. Way too much corruption and strings.

Would you want to owe a Duggar money? (and sidebar: How does that fit with being debt free? Debt free for me but not for thee?)

• Love 8

Derick sent a message to US Olympic marathoner Ryan Hall asking about the work he and his wife Sara are doing in Africa. The couple have a foundation there called the Steps Foundation which they describe as a "non-profit movement to fight global poverty through better health". I took a quick look at their website and it appears one of the things they do is invest micro loans in people to help them start their own businesses and get out of poverty. They've also helped build wells and redo a maternity clinic in Africa, among other things. Derick said that he and Jill were interested in doing something similar in Central America.

Of course he is inquiring in the most public way possible. Twitter? Seriously? Who does that? I would love to see Ryan Hall attempting to describe his work in Africa within Twitter's 140-characters-per-tweet allowance.

ETA: I should have read the tweets before posting. LOL However, everything damn the Duggars do always seems to be centered around the "look! At! Me!" theme.

Edited by Wok Chop
  • Love 6

"Loansharking?" On what evidence is that remark based?

I've participated through a nonprofit in making microloans to people in Third World nations who are engaged in businesses. As far as I know, this is not at all "loansharking," and this kind of microlending has enabled many people, and their families, to have better lives.

I applaud your altruistic nature. There are many reputable microloan NGOs; conversly, there are many predatory lenders out there as well that charge those in developing countries over 100% in interest. Given what I have seen over the Duggars through the years and Derick's behavior over the last 18 months, I can't imagine them partnering with a reputable lending agency. The hoops they'd make the perspective loanees jump through --- like sitting through one of Derick's performances?! Yikes.
  • Love 7

Of course he is inquiring in the most public way possible. Twitter? Seriously? Who does that? I would love to see Ryan Hall attempting to describe his work in Africa within Twitter's 140-characters-per-tweet allowance.

ETA: I should have read the tweets before posting. LOL However, everything damn the Duggars do always seems to be centered around the "look! At! Me!" theme.

Also, Ryan Hall and his wife don't just plaster their name on a few charities and call it a day. They're very involved in helping with African communities, and just adopted four sisters from Ethiopia I believe. 

And Ryan Hall has mellowed out A LOT, and does a lot of good behind the scenes. He's not shouting from the rooftops that Jesus is training him in how to run marathons anymore (thankfully, he hired a real coach after that failed). 

• Love 2

I'm sure other organizations do wonderful work giving start-up money to local populations, but you know anything the Duggars are involved in will be shady as hell. They're constantly looking for new angles to keep the donations rolling in and Jill's alleged passing of her midwife exam is just the start.

• Love 5

The spouses of the Duggar kids are second tier.  They didn't get born into the family, so when things "really get real!", they're filmed in their most private moments.  Except for Jason.  When he fell into the orchastra pit at that mega church and was badly injured, Michelle happily filmed a talking head about how they managed without TLC camera's around.  She said that several of the family members got themselves lowered into the pit and used their cell phones to illuminate the situation while filming it.  And a couple of the older kids who were trained as first-responders checked out the situation and called 911.

Then there's the awsome footage of Jason being wheeled into the ER while Michelle walks proudly beside him and smiles and waves to the camera.

I hate these people.

This made me think of a remark that Bethenney Frankel made, about how she should've known that Jason Hoppy was not a good choice, becaue he WAS so anxious to be on TV.

• Love 2

Bolding mine.

So...a few questions....

Why are the missionaries still here?

Why did they get dressed up for free doughnuts?  I like doughnuts, but I sure wouldn't go to the trouble of dressing myself, my husband, and my infant up for a free doughnut....

No kidding! I was like, What?, they have Krispy Kreme in El Salvador?

And to decide that was a photo-op? Wow.

I feel bad for the homeless guy. Geesh, buy him a meal, or two, give him something for his dog and move on. Be kind.

They must read negative Instagram etc. comments and say, Jes' haters, y'all. deletedeletedelete.

• Love 1

Not to defend Derick or Ben, but many an adult their age twitter (or tweet?) & instagram everything - not so different than what Derick & Ben are doing, but the every-day-person doesn't have the public looking at their posts.

With that said, the Duggars, Dillards and Seewalds do have the public looking at their accounts, so they should be more mindful of what they put out there.

• Love 3

What annoys me about the tweeting to Ryan Hall (I had to google him because I didn't know who he was!) is that it was for the audience.  If Jill and Derrick were serious about beginning a loan program, they shouldn't be contacting people for a 140 character explanation of micro-economics in developing nations.  There have been plenty of academic papers and studies but no, they had to ask for information over Twitter so that everyone would know how godly they are.  Derrick didn't tweet to find out about setting up a loan program.  He did it so that everyone would be reminded of what neat, special blessings he and Jill are and how they are working to save the heathens.  

I have done some research on micro-loans before and done properly it can be great for a community.  BUT they work best when the family or community sits down with an organisation to establish the best use of the funds, how it will be paid back, interest, etc.  It works best with credible and qualified organisations and Dillard Family Ministries fits neither of those criteria.  An accountant who has barely done any paid work and an unemployed, under qualified lay midwife should not be setting up a micro-loan scheme.   

• Love 10

Also not defending The Seawords or The Dillweeds, but most people their age actually have jobs or are in school.  So they have to do something with all that free time they have while everybody else is actually accomplishing something.  

• Love 9

Not to defend Derick or Ben, but many an adult their age twitter (or tweet?) & instagram everything - not so different than what Derick & Ben are doing, but the every-day-person doesn't have the public looking at their posts.

With that said, the Duggars, Dillards and Seewalds do have the public looking at their accounts, so they should be more mindful of what they put out there.

I think it's really common at this point for 20-somethings to be absolutely enamored with their phones, computers and social media in general. I've seen experiments conducted on news magazine shows, PBS etc where they separate teens or 20-somethings from their devices for an hour, a day, a week or more. First off, it was shocking to hear how much of a 24-hour day they are "involved" with their phones. For most of the kids in this age range, it was basically all of their waking day. Of course there were varying responses to having the phones removed but in general, the kids are really thrown for a loop - discombobulated, as it were. I'd liken it to taking away a two-year old's blankie at the time when you know he is the most attached to it. Of course none of the subjects had screaming fits the way a toddler would, but they do report nervousness, crying, anxiety attacks, depression, trouble concentrating, physical effects etc. I can't remember any experiments where there were long-term harmful effects but it was truly surprising how severely the subjects reacted to being without their devices. I was trying to compare it to something in my generation [born in mid 50s, high school & college in the 70s]. Was there anything that our parents could have withheld from us that would have caused so much angst for an hour, a day, a week? Maybe someone else can think of something, but I honestly couldn't. And I think it's really good that I couldn't.

• Love 8

Was there anything that our parents could have withheld from us that would have caused so much angst for an hour, a day, a week? Maybe someone else can think of something, but I honestly couldn't. And I think it's really good that I couldn't.

Honestly, I think for them it's a difficult as quitting smoking.  

• Love 3

I think it's really common at this point for 20-somethings to be absolutely enamored with their phones, computers and social media in general. I've seen experiments conducted on news magazine shows, PBS etc where they separate teens or 20-somethings from their devices for an hour, a day, a week or more. First off, it was shocking to hear how much of a 24-hour day they are "involved" with their phones. For most of the kids in this age range, it was basically all of their waking day. Of course there were varying responses to having the phones removed but in general, the kids are really thrown for a loop - discombobulated, as it were. I'd liken it to taking away a two-year old's blankie at the time when you know he is the most attached to it. Of course none of the subjects had screaming fits the way a toddler would, but they do report nervousness, crying, anxiety attacks, depression, trouble concentrating, physical effects etc. I can't remember any experiments where there were long-term harmful effects but it was truly surprising how severely the subjects reacted to being without their devices. I was trying to compare it to something in my generation [born in mid 50s, high school & college in the 70s]. Was there anything that our parents could have withheld from us that would have caused so much angst for an hour, a day, a week? Maybe someone else can think of something, but I honestly couldn't. And I think it's really good that I couldn't.

Too true. I can't think of anything for my generation or my kids when they were younger. Just wow!

• Love 4

The only comparison I could think of, well there isn't a good one, but say you were a teen obsessed with Kolchak or Dark Shadows.  Went through withdrawal if you couldn't see an episode, and were stuck until summer reruns/forever, SOL.  

But it's not a good comparison, because the Internet is available at their fingertips 24/7.  It's not like it runs away.

People are also having trouble hiring millennials, because some think it's their right and entitlement to be glued to their phones 24/7.  Lots of "everybody does it!" and "this is totally normal!"

• Love 2

The only comparison I could think of, well there isn't a good one, but say you were a teen obsessed with Kolchak or Dark Shadows.  Went through withdrawal if you couldn't see an episode, and were stuck until summer reruns/forever, SOL.  

But it's not a good comparison, because the Internet is available at their fingertips 24/7.  It's not like it runs away.

People are also having trouble hiring millennials, because some think it's their right and entitlement to be glued to their phones 24/7.  Lots of "everybody does it!" and "this is totally normal!"

Yep, TV was the closest thing I could come up with too. But I still don't think I would have become neurotic over being kept away from TV for a week or whatever. Some of these experiments showed kids grabbing their phones over their bedside tables immediately on waking in the morning - feet hadn't even hit the floor yet! 

• Love 2

What annoys me about the tweeting to Ryan Hall (I had to google him because I didn't know who he was!) is that it was for the audience.  If Jill and Derrick were serious about beginning a loan program, they shouldn't be contacting people for a 140 character explanation of micro-economics in developing nations.  There have been plenty of academic papers and studies but no, they had to ask for information over Twitter so that everyone would know how godly they are.  Derrick didn't tweet to find out about setting up a loan program.  He did it so that everyone would be reminded of what neat, special blessings he and Jill are and how they are working to save the heathens.  

I have done some research on micro-loans before and done properly it can be great for a community.  BUT they work best when the family or community sits down with an organisation to establish the best use of the funds, how it will be paid back, interest, etc.  It works best with credible and qualified organisations and Dillard Family Ministries fits neither of those criteria.  An accountant who has barely done any paid work and an unemployed, under qualified lay midwife should not be setting up a micro-loan scheme.   

I am VERY confused about what they are doing.

I though that Derick went to Nepal as a sort of junior missionary under the guidance of more seasoned people. So, I kind of thought he was learning the ropes: how to work with the locals to decide what projects to pursue; how to manage the projects; how to get funding, etc. I also assumed thta if he went back, he would still be at a "helper" level until he had much more experience.

As far as we know, SOS doesn't actually do anything to help people other than put on plays and pass out finger nail polish and toys.

So, in what capacity, would Derick and Jill be "running" a micro-lending venture?

As an aside, it doesn't surprise me that Derick thinks he can learn all he needs to know about setting up a mico-lending program in a couple of tweets -- he's a Duggar now!

• Love 2

Exactly. And I don't think Ryan Hall is personally overseeing his charity. He has real accountants and lawyers handling that. My hope is that if Jill and Derrick are serious, Hall sent them his actual admins info.

But I doubt they actually want to be involved with Ryan Hall. After all, he runs in races where there are women, and pro female runners are definitely NIKE! Also, I am pretty sure Ryan Hall is sponsored by Asics, and would not be happy if someone yelled NIKE at him.

• Love 4

The Hall Steps foundation has a bunch of different programs it supports, so I'm not sure where Derick says it's the micro loan program he & Jilly muffin are praying about.  The Halls also support a maternity clinic in Senegal, hospitals in Mozambique and Kenya, plus well building in Mozambique, etc.   All the REAL charitable stuff people like the Duggars pretend interest in. 

So they got donuts for free. And then gave them to a family who were hungry and broke. And then took pictures of themselves with the family (and their sign, making sure we all know they were hungry and broke). And then posted those pictures on Instagram? I admit I'm no expert on Christian theology, but there appears to be something slightly wrong with this sequence of events. Shouldn't there be more actual helping the needy and less announcing it with trumpets? (I always want to ask these fundies if they've actually read Matthew 6)

It's almost funny how Duggar-ish this picture is. Not only is giving away the junk food they got for free an act of selfless charity, it is considered important and godly enough to be announced to the world.

Guess Mr. Holy Pants forgot Matthew 6:2-4--So when you give to the poor, do not sound a trumpet before you, as the hypocrites do in the synagogues and in the streets, so that they may be honored by men. Truly I say to you, they have their reward in full. But when you give to the poor, do not let your left hand know what your right hand is doing, so that your giving will be in secret; and your Father who sees what is done in secret will reward you.

Edited by SometimesBites
  • Love 5

I am VERY confused about what they are doing.

I though that Derick went to Nepal as a sort of junior missionary under the guidance of more seasoned people. So, I kind of thought he was learning the ropes: how to work with the locals to decide what projects to pursue; how to manage the projects; how to get funding, etc. I also assumed thta if he went back, he would still be at a "helper" level until he had much more experience.

As far as we know, SOS doesn't actually do anything to help people other than put on plays and pass out finger nail polish and toys.

So, in what capacity, would Derick and Jill be "running" a micro-lending venture?

As an aside, it doesn't surprise me that Derick thinks he can learn all he needs to know about setting up a mico-lending program in a couple of tweets -- he's a Duggar now!

Who did Derick go to Nepal with and what kind of mission was it? I have no idea. I've figured it can't be an SOS sort, since you probably couldn't do a U.S-fundie-tourism "mission" in Nepal. But who in fact was he with and what did they do? (and are they off somewhere with Mr. Bynum banging their heads against the wall as they watch what Derick's doing now?) ... Surely nobody was doing bad mime in Nepal.

• Love 1

I believe Nepal was through the SBC, funded through his home church.

Oh, interesting. So now he says they were commissioned by his home church again, doesn't he? So that must mean that SBC churches commission missionaries for non-SBC-run missions?... With the SBC having such a big, longstanding mission program of its own, I'm kind of surprised to hear that they'd do that. Or that they'd do it for a mission whose standards seem hard to locate....Although I guess the SBC is only a pretty loose affiliation these days, anyway ... Or maybe potential home-church skepticism could be why Derick is making various noises about doing a more substantive mission now, with the midwifery and the Hall-guy emulation. I think it'd be embarrassing to commission a missionary whose major contribution is out there on the internet in the form of that astonishing mime act.

• Love 2

I agree. I was very surprised to see them deputized at their home church. I have to think that their celebrity has something to do with that. They all know that this will hit social media and potentially draw young leghumping hearts to the SBC. 

Seriously, since SOS is not affiliated with any denomination that I'm aware of, that's all I've got. I just can't see the greater SBC getting on board with a non-SBC mission. But maybe Pastor Ronnie can do this for show, given that he's the Big Kahuna in charge of the SBC these days. 

• Love 1

I recall the micro loans being small loans made to women in Bangladesh for a sewing machine, or to someone for a couple of goats, and were paid back because the recipients actually made a good business to support their families.  It doesn't take much to get something going in many of these countries if you pick people who have a fire in the belly to better themselves.  The success was astounding.

I've always wondered what Derrick did in Nepal.  

• Love 7

OK, so, confused. Is Deuteronomy one of those books we don't talk about? Because

19 Thou shalt not lend upon usury to thy brother; usury of money, usury of victuals, usury of any thing that is lent upon usury:
20 Unto a stranger thou mayest lend upon usury; but unto thy brother thou shalt not lend upon usury: that the Lord thy God may bless thee in all that thou settest thine hand to in the land whither thou goest to possess it.

where by usury the original intent boys in King James' bullpen meant charging interest at all. So unless Derick's saying that the people of El Salvador are not his brothers, I think there's a problem with his business model.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 3

I have to think that their celebrity has something to do with that. They all know that this will hit social media and potentially draw young leghumping hearts to the SBC. 

I think you're on the money with this one. There's probably little that any church won't do these days if they think it'll draw in the young.

Although I'm skeptical about how many of the independent young or unaffiliated young are Jill and Derick fans. I'd think their humpers are more likely to be highly sheltered 14-year-olds who are already well ensconced in churchgoing families, so not much of a get for the church. Aside from having been on tv, I can't see J and D being awarded cool points by any other demographic. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4