Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

^ Ok but who gets serious facial surgery/braces (1) as soon as they have a newborn and (2) just as they're getting ready to move overseas????

A narcissist who marries a woman-child-slave. He now has the money to be pretty. No more mascot heads for him.
  • Love 4

^ Ok but who gets serious facial surgery/braces (1) as soon as they have a newborn and (2) just as they're getting ready to move overseas????

Someone who knows he's not going to have what I imagine to be very good health/dental insurance anymore, and this is his big opportunity to get some very expensive work done.

One also has to wonder where he believes he'll be able to obtain ongoing care for the work that's been done, unless they know they're only going to be gone for a couple of months or so...

Worse was Derick saying you never know in life I might die in a month or something like that.

ANY OTHER PARENT would have stopped the camera, sat the two of them down and asked if derickduggaroopsdillard has a sufficient amount of life insurance and if he has an executed will in force. His father died at a young age.

ANY OTHER PARENT. And I am not kidding about this. If derickduggardillard thinks this is something to joke about, I'd make sure my stay-at-home daughter would be financially okay if the worst happened.

• Love 2

I've listened closely to that video, and I only hear Michelle saying grandbaby, not grandbabies.

Michelle is so disconnected and detached that she probably can't remember how many children Jill has these days.
  • Love 6

Jim Bob is dreadful when he doesn't have a script written for him (and "for him" would mean someone in the business - he's not going to take advice from anyone in his own family) and multiple takes and edits put together.

One wonders how many times they had taken this, which might account for how weird it is. And to be honest, Jessa and Jill had their young charges hair looking better, but only slightly. No one in that house cares how the little girls look. They don't have to attract someone to marry yet, after all.

• Love 1

Why did any of this need to be filmed in the first place? I really don't understand this family.

The Duggars will use the YouTube view count to help seal the deal with TLC for series return. Or, shop a show to a different network.

• Love 4
(edited)

The Little girls looked so unkempt in the video. Didn't they even think to comb the kid's hair before they filmed them?

Kind of shows what the Ds' shows will be like after the real TLC cancellation (sometime next spring when the new season/spinoff bombs in the ratings because there are no girls' weddings?), when Jim Bob tries to steer his own video ship on youtube, I'm guessing.

Meticulous work doesn't seem to be in the Duggars' repertoire. So all these little things that professional tv people might remember to have done  -- well, they'll just be dropped by the wayside. Strangely enough, JB might inadvertently produce a show that gave more actual insight into their messed-up lives, because his attempts to shape the narrative are so damned clumsy, and he won't have a clue about many many little things that he would need to do to make the family look more "normal" and attractive. Would serve him right if he ended up producing a true documentary of his horror show by accident. However, the only thing that I think would really serve the kids here is to have video for public consumption removed from their lives forever.

I was thinking she was confused and was adding in the other grandkids into the mix.

"Oh, Jill only has the one grandbaby? Who are those other grandbabies then?"

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9

The Duggars will use the YouTube view count to help seal the deal with TLC for series return

. Or, shop a show to a different network.

In which case I would hope that individuals, and organizations that help abuse victims, would put a TON of pressure on advertisers.

• Love 1

i think they had a more emotional private good bye. (Duggar style which was probably a bit wacko also)  

This was their "Rehearsed TV Good Bye" and it came off really badly because TLC wasn't there to direct them and help them. We are used to seeing them after some TLC guy helps them plan things out and after they get a big edit.  Maybe even do-overs.  This was the Duggars filming themselves. (yikes)  They looked awkward, stiff and Jim Bob was rambling.  

I don't think it was rehearsed or even viewed before they threw it online.  It was too awful.  Boob, you need to get your Duggar Film crew some Final Cut lessons- and a real mic.  

I'm beginning to wonder if Jana is on some type of medication.  I've known people to take certain antidepressants that caused them to always have the same expression.  Jana always has that sweet smile.  Always.  The other girls do express things at times.  Josie being a brat, Jill crying, Joy crying, Jessa having the bitchface, Jinger yawning (and the eye movements of course) and so on.  

All I have to say is what a smart move they have made.  They collect money from adoring fans and take a nice little vacation under the name of a ministry.  I'm thinking of starting my own ministry.  I'm dying to go to Italy for an extended period of time. 

• Love 8
(edited)

I don't think it was rehearsed or even viewed before they threw it online.  It was too awful.  Boob, you need to get your Duggar Film crew some Final Cut lessons- and a real mic.  

I'm beginning to wonder if Jana is on some type of medication.  I've known people to take certain antidepressants that caused them to always have the same expression.  Jana always has that sweet smile.  Always.  The other girls do express things at times.  Josie being a brat, Jill crying, Joy crying, Jessa having the bitchface, Jinger yawning (and the eye movements of course) and so on.  

All I have to say is what a smart move they have made.  They collect money from adoring fans and take a nice little vacation under the name of a ministry.  I'm thinking of starting my own ministry.  I'm dying to go to Italy for an extended period of time. 

Do it and I will go with you! I speak Italian so I can easily "convert" the masses.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 3

Libby Zellon posts another bizarre picture from the anniversary shoot. Apparently, she thinks she "makes magic every day." Then, I saw a picture of her. She barely looks to be out of her teens.

https://instagram.com/p/41-Dm0KWo2/?taken-by=ezellon

No. Just no. That picture looks like two 12 year old girls went nuts with Photoshop. Never mind that Jill and Derick look like they fished mismatched clothing out of the hamper. I just can't with these two anymore.

• Love 13

No. Just no. That picture looks like two 12 year old girls went nuts with Photoshop. Never mind that Jill and Derick look like they fished mismatched clothing out of the hamper. I just can't with these two anymore.

Right?  Also, surely Jilly received an iron in her wedding haul?

• Love 8
(edited)

Libby Zellon posts another bizarre picture from the anniversary shoot. Apparently, she thinks she "makes magic every day." Then, I saw a picture of her. She barely looks to be out of her teens. 

https://instagram.com/p/41-Dm0KWo2/?taken-by=ezellon

I'm thinking teen or young-20-something female "professional" photographers are probably the most common variety in Duggar circles. It's one of the few non-cooking-and-child-raising roles open to unmarried teen and 20-something women, probably not "headship-like" enough for most of the boys/men, and something that the females give up once they're courting or at least once they're married. Wonder if doing more photography for Duggar acquaintances has ever been a real option for Jinger or if she just isn't as into it as some other girls are.

Here's the website of another young fundie woman who's really really into photography -- and she's making the rounds of acquainted families, just as Zellon has. This girl is so serious about her photography that I wonder whether it'll be open to her as a full-fledged professional option as she gets a little older. Would be tragic if it isn't:

http://thebrightnessproject.com/author/patiencepennington/

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 3
(edited)

Do it and I will go with you! I speak Italian so I can easily "convert" the masses.

Let's start a gofundme right now!  

Tuscany here we come!  I want to drink wine like Jesus!  ;)

Ciao!

Edited by truthtalk2014
  • Love 6

Good God it gets worse at elizabethzellonphotography.com

6948pv.jpg

20pq8mb.jpg

And this may shed light on the mystery penis hand:

ptxn8.jpg

I don't know if anyone can tell by looking at these photos but Jill and Derick are MARRIED. They are in LUV. They even make out with each other. They have the SEKS a lot. They are totally in LURVE. Did I mention that Derick gets to show Jill his BIG DILL PICKLE? Just thought I'd clarify that.

• Love 14

is the sparkler photo suppose to spell something?  Those types of photos look really cool if done right but that one is a little confusing. 

It spells, "Hey! Wanna hire a photographer with no eye?!"

• Love 5

I don't know if anyone can tell by looking at these photos but Jill and Derick are MARRIED. They are in LUV. They even make out with each other. They have the SEKS a lot. They are totally in LURVE. Did I mention that Derick gets to show Jill his BIG DILL PICKLE? Just thought I'd clarify that.

Please pass the brain bleach. ;-)

And I'd like to tag along for the official PTV Duggar Forums "fact-finding mission", aka road trip. I'm sure Tuscany is lovely at any time of year! I'll bring the Suitcase of Snacks. 

• Love 6

Please pass the brain bleach. ;-)

And I'd like to tag along for the official PTV Duggar Forums "fact-finding mission", aka road trip. I'm sure Tuscany is lovely at any time of year! I'll bring the Suitcase of Snacks.

You mean Pringles, Pringles and more Pringles? They were just for the plane trip.
  • Love 2

ITA, yogi.  It infuriates me that these people are all about the zygote.  It's only zygotes, embryos and fetuses that matter to them.  They care little about the incubator for the fetus and have even expressed total disregard for the health, safety and well being for the child once born.  They can't truly be invested in focusing on family unless and until they are invested in the health of all individuals in the family, including the mother, and they need to realize that birth control is an important part in creating healthy happy families.  

• Love 18

Poor Pistol Pete could of been gifted with a gherkin. :)

• Love 6

I'm going to go throw up now, thanks.

• Love 3

Ohh. That makes sense. I thought it was the "l" and "v" from love and we were supposed to mentally fill in the rest.

But it's like "these newlyweds, who wish to remain anonymous, celebrate their 1st wedding anniversary".
  • Love 1

I can't believe how terrible that video was, considering this family has been filming for 10 years.  They obviously haven't been paying attention.  What they need is a good director for future videos, and I nominate Jessa.  She will get the job done!  Jinger with her photographic eye can stage the scenes and help making the little ones presentable.  Michelle will just show up and nod, and if they pull the string in Jim Bob's back the gothardbabble will spill out.

• Love 2

I don't think they viewed the video before they threw it out there. But I bet Jim Bob messed up a couple of times and made them start over a half dozen times before they got through it.

• Love 2

So are giant first anniversary photo shoots the thing now? Maybe I'm just showing my middle-aged cynicism. Kind of reminds me of the gender reveal parties. The general Over Documenting of Every Life Event. Not that it's wrong . To each his/her own.

The abundance of Jerick kissing pictures crack me up. Just like they couldn't stop talking about how they didn't kiss before marriage, now they can't stop showing everybody that they do kiss. The "magic" picture has some kind of bizarro 80's vibe going on that is hilarious, especially since those two would not even get it, having not lived through that decade.

The one and only photographed kiss I have with my husband is at the alter on our wedding day. We will celebrate 22 years on Friday. Yes, you can keep love alive without your lip locks on social media :)

• Love 13

So are giant first anniversary photo shoots the thing now? Maybe I'm just showing my middle-aged cynicism. Kind of reminds me of the gender reveal parties. The general Over Documenting of Every Life Event. Not that it's wrong . To each his/her own.

Hey, seven-year engagement anniversaries are now a thing (in the Duggar clan, at least). Why not first-year wedding annis?

• Love 1
(edited)

I just realized it's supposed to say 1 yr.

Good eye!  I was going to guess "love" but that they weren't quick enough to catch the "o" and part of the "e." 

Edited by NikSac

In the "1 year" anniversary photo I'm getting a serious Children of the Corn vibe. I understand the focus on the sparklers, but the blank faces, coupled with the illuminated crosses in the background, make them look like the welcoming committee from Shirley Jackson's The Lottery.

<<shudder>>

• Love 15
I'm really glad I married and had kids before the age of Pinterest. All this large-scale commemoration is ridiculous.

Had this been a "thing" 25 years ago, I don't know if I'd be doing the public notices of every single thing I do either, but apparently no one can take a crap nowadays without it being posted on facebook.  I just don't understand it, of course, I'm not the type to have anyone make a big deal out of anything I do.  I guess where the Duggar girls are concerned, they'll do anything to get applause, compliments, or a freebie, so there you go.

• Love 5

In the "1 year" anniversary photo I'm getting a serious Children of the Corn vibe. I understand the focus on the sparklers, but the blank faces, coupled with the illuminated crosses in the background, make them look like the welcoming committee from Shirley Jackson's The Lottery.

<<shudder>>

Does this mean that they want to stone their critics? :D

• Love 3
"How people can be forgiven for the things they've done wrong." Boob had to throw that in there, didn't he? That whole video was beyond awkward. These people are positively nauseating

I forgot about that.  That totally came out of nowhere.  It's also like he's reminding his family and us about how awful and unforgiving non-Duggars are.  hmm...I wonder if Derick and Ben are on that Josh forgiveness train?

• Love 4

When I watched the video I thought, "Does Jill even want to go on this mission or was she convinced to do it in order to save the show?" She seemed completely disinterested.

I'm sure Jill was just tuning JimBob out as he was imparting his boring, rambling so-called words of wisdom.  Her eyes were probably glazed over and she was probably thinking "I wish he'd shut up so I can say good-bye to the ones I really care about and get the heck out of here."  And if they did say their real good-byes prior to filming this mess, it just shows what a self-involved famewhore JimBob is for exploiting the family once again. 

Its a shame that JimBob and Michelle insist on filming every personal thing in their lives.  Watching them just enforces my belief that they (especially Michelle) have no real emotional connection with most of their brood.  Their phony, pious bullshit drives me up the wall, and I hope to never see them on my TV again.

• Love 2