Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Jill appears to me to be kind of a low maintenance gal. A little nutty-crunchy. If any of the Duggar woman are up for the challenge I think it is Jill. Well, maybe with the exception of Josie.

I'm also glad they are not going to Nepal. I appreciate all the research that my fellow posters here have done. I think Derick had some kind of plan for eventual missionary work overseas, probably working through the Baptist International Mission Board, but is now taking an alternate path, and a quicker one out of the country.

I think that the factors leading to this include: (1) there's no way - at least in the short term - that Jill would meet the educational requirements of the IMB, (2) the chance to get away from the massive energy-sucking vortex that is the combination of JimBob's and Michelle's egos, and (3) the chance to do (2) without alienating the Headship (JB) and without falling off the TLC gravy train or whatever's left of it. 

So, it seems like there will be some Duggar family "mission trip" (passing out Bibles, patting kids on the head, and JimBoob yelling "salvation-OH!" to people who don't speak English and thinking he's the bomb as a comedian). And then the traveling circus goes back to Arkansas, leaving the Dllard-Duggars behind. 

So, will there be a TLC crew tagging along to capture it? And a crew staying behind for awhile to get footage of Jilly, who apparently lacks a word of Spanish, and Derick (Spanish ability unknown), settling in with the kid for their ministry? It would provide good stuff for the editing monkeys to work with, if so!

Edited to add: I thnk it's Central America because I'm assuming it's a LOT harder to even get into Nepal right now than usual, not to mention the logistical nightmare of organizing housing, supplies, etc. for a young family there, and now that Jessa's mentioned a mission trip to Central America next month, that makes a lot more sense. I'm sure Derick would prefer to be back in Nepal, but can't swing that right now. 

I also think it's tacky that their website doesn't disclose the details - or destination - of their trip, just demands donations for it. I wonder if they're still scrambling to get things organized for them in Central America which is why they haven't posted details. The whole thing has a hurried sense to it.

It seems to me that there are no details because TLC is filming it otherwise they'd be promoting it for more donations. The only reason not to give more info is TLC.
  • Love 1
(edited)

The one thing I will never, ever forget, even though I've only seen it once, is the El Salvador episode where they go to visit a family that lives in desperate poverty. Jim Bob asks (loudly) how many children she has, and she says something like "xx children, but x of them have died" and Jim Bob responds, LAUGHING, "Well I have NINETEEN!!!" It was appalling. I watched the episode when it was re-run and that part was edited out.

That's Jill's idea of missionary work. In her mind it's like a freaking summer camp that reinforces her self-adoration. 

Edited by Aja
  • Love 13

I don't understand Derrick's new IG photo. Is Jill pg again? Is that the Hartono girl? Does he ever say that's an old pic?

I think that was an old picture from their last vacation mission trip.

CofCinci, on 26 Jun 2015 - 7:28 PM, said:

(snip) "Then, he (Derrick) marries mouselike reality TV star after a courtship with her famewhore father."

This part of CofCinci's post gave me a chuckle. Courtship with JB is what all the girl's intendeds better be planning....

• Love 5

CofCinci, epic post. I don't think I could ever top that.

I give Jill two months tops. I believe she has a heart for missions but I also believe she's a needy lifesuck who can't make it through one day on her own.

I think she likes the IDEA of homemaking, missions, babies, midwifery, etc., and is one of the many who are so brainwashed they only know how to justify  what should be hobbies, with "the Lord placed it on my heart" (not that babies should ever be hobbies), but when she actually has to live it - she is clueless. 

Does this mean they're not trying for baby #2? Or they are trying and would be perfectly fine having baby #2 born in Central America or Nepal or wherever even though that wouldn't make him 'Merican??

They're not trying to prevent, so in my opinion, they're trying. All they're thinking is "we want to do foreign missions" and not anything practical. 

Is this a publicity mission trip to regain a more favorable public image? 

I think they are being selfish taking Iz away from Ms. Cathy for a long period of time. Jill seemed in a hurry to have a baby and now they are off for God only knows how long. I think Ms. Cathy will be left heartbroken.

They are selfish in regards to Cathy. Jill is selfish, and Derrick is following her lead. I sensed that immediately with the whole wedding visits in the hospital, the wedding, after the wedding - Jill attempted to include Cathy as far as bringing her pictures of Derrick and Jill, etc., but it was all about Jill helping/honoring Cathy, not actually about Cathy. All Jill and Derrick are thinking is WE WANT MISSIONS RIGHT NOW. They're not considering taking their grandchild from a woman recovering from cancer. They're thinking about themselves.  

• Love 10

IMO Jill had better think twice about going thru pregnancy, labor and delivery in Nepal. Personally I think that if you have had some problems with the first pregnancy, you should be on the safe side and plan for problems that might occur during subsequent pregnancies. I don't think Nepal would be the safest place to have a child.

• Love 3

Individuals as well as families have been going to the mission field for years most without catastrophic results.  I graduated from one of my church's colleges (fully accredited) and there were many MKs (missionary kid)  there who had survived and thrived as part of a missionary family.  As well there were several students who were studying to become missionaries, as they believed it to be their calling.  Many of them had been brought up in sheltered middle class lifestyle yet they were able to transition to a very different lfe.  Yes, it does seem crazy to do it especially with a baby, but for people who believe that they have a calling, a talent, a spirit for it nothing else will feel right.  Maybe they will eventually decide to leave mission work.  Maybe they will find out they do not have the heart for it but I am glad they are giving it a try.   

• Love 6

I think they are being selfish taking Iz away from Ms. Cathy for a long period of time. Jill seemed in a hurry to have a baby and now they are off for God only knows how long. I think Ms. Cathy will be left heartbroken

Good point. I'm very much in favor of any of the kids getting out of JB&M's orbit, but I do feel bad for Derick's mom. Unlike her in-laws, she seems to actually relish being a grandma.

• Love 7
(edited)

This could be good for them, particularly if it's longer than a few weeks.

For people saying Jill isn't expected to actually do work on a mission trip, keep in mind her parent's approach to parenting, i. e. the buddy system. The youngest baby is Michelle's buddy, but the next child up is handed off to their older sisters. She has done plenty of work raising those children, as opposed to her parents. I think she could be useful baby sitting local children while the parents rebuild. 

I don't think Derrick is forcing  her to do this necessarily. The Duggars have always claimed they could do anything no matter how they're dressed or how many kids they have. Jill is still trying to prove this. 

Cathy is improving in health. She may want them to go and live their lives. She may be glad to her daughter-in-law, grandson, and son leave JB and the Duggars. (Which now include Josh)

I think Jill is the biggest kool-aid drinker of the bunch. I think in a lot of ways Derrick follows her lead. This trip may be a way for him to get her to focus on each other and away from her family. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 5

All Jill and Derrick are thinking is WE WANT MISSIONS RIGHT NOW. They're not considering taking their grandchild from a woman recovering from cancer. They're thinking about themselves.  

They want to be big fish in a small pond.

If they really wanted to change their lives, I have a few suggestions for derickdillard: Move to another state for a year. Find a job and someplace manageable to live. Tell your wife you'll be using condoms until she is sufficiently recovered to safely carry another child, and then there might be a realistic discussion about family size. Join a local church and concentrate your "missions" efforts in practical ways like regular volunteering at a local food bank or working with the needy. Get to know each other (and the child you already have) before discussing a possible move out of the country. Here's the biggest suggestion: SHUT DOWN YOUR SOCIAL MEDIA. Let's see how you survive without TLC footing the bills.

We've already seen the Duggars' idea of "missions" has no basis in reality, and I'm betting derickdillard's does not, either. If they really are being filmed by TLC and they're still asking for donations, any good will I might have had toward derickdillard and Jilly Muffin is gone. The country they're going to does not need their brand of "ministry". The Dillards need to grow up and face adulthood.

• Love 16

... They are selfish in regards to Cathy. Jill is selfish, and Derrick is following her lead. I sensed that immediately with the whole wedding visits in the hospital, the wedding, after the wedding - Jill attempted to include Cathy as far as bringing her pictures of Derrick and Jill, etc., but it was all about Jill helping/honoring Cathy, not actually about Cathy. ...

I agree they are being a bit selfish to both Israel and Cathy. And I agree that Jill's attempts of support seemed to lack any sacrifice. However Cathy may be supportive of them going on a mission. I recall some reference she made a while back about cancer being the Devil's doing. Cathy may buy into God calling Jill & Derick to serve others.

• Love 1

I'm also not convinced that Derick and Cathy are terribly close in a "need to be physically nearby" kind of way. This is a son who went out of state for college and his mother remarried fairly quickly after his father died. Then he did a mission across the globe and never made any secret that he wanted to do more. She's been a working mother his entire life. They both seem to be pretty independent people while being supportive of the other's life choices.

• Love 14

I think she likes the IDEA of homemaking, missions, babies, midwifery, etc., and is one of the many who are so brainwashed they only know how to justify what should be hobbies, with "the Lord placed it on my heart" (not that babies should ever be hobbies), but when she actually has to live it - she is clueless.

They're not trying to prevent, so in my opinion, they're trying. All they're thinking is "we want to do foreign missions" and not anything practical.

They are selfish in regards to Cathy. Jill is selfish, and Derrick is following her lead. I sensed that immediately with the whole wedding visits in the hospital, the wedding, after the wedding - Jill attempted to include Cathy as far as bringing her pictures of Derrick and Jill, etc., but it was all about Jill helping/honoring Cathy, not actually about Cathy. All Jill and Derrick are thinking is WE WANT MISSIONS RIGHT NOW. They're not considering taking their grandchild from a woman recovering from cancer. They're thinking about themselves.

I don't see moving for your career as selfish. Cathy has had a lot of time with her grandson, and the idea her children should put their lives on hold for her is ridiculous. The wedding spotlighted Jill honoring Cathy because the show was about Jill, not Cathy. I'm in the camp that thinks Cathy probably supports the move. South America isn't that far away.

• Love 12

I have no idea what's going on in their heads, but a lot of young people who want to stay near their birth families are thinking about the grandparents helping out with the babies, I think. Jill's parents are more likely to send her a dozen other kids to watch. I'd be pretty anxious to get out of Dodge myself. 

• Love 16

I think this is good for them. And they should go before they have either too many children, or Jill has something go wrong with a pregnancy, or there is a reason not to go. And those reasons are easy to come up with. (Ie, we just got married and settled in our home. What about all our stuff? All that can be kept in storage if she wants to keep it, or spread among future Duggar couples, who won't have the huge weddings she did if she wants to do that. But it's just stuff. That's any easy issue.)

I agree.  I hope that this mission trip is to assist the people of Nepal in some way.   I'm not sure what Derrick did when he was there.  With her midwife background (even though she was not certified) she could definitely be of some use, even in terms of education for newly pregnant women.   I hope this is not just a 'preaching' trip.  I applaud their motives and wish them well. 

• Love 1

These kids have a lot of fans that will donate. I expect them to make a small fortune. Unlike those fund websites where the public can see how much is raised, they can reap all sorts of non taxable donations.

Now, to really be impressive, THEY would fund their own mission without cameras rolling. After all, they were on tv for ministry reasons. I think they are Christian grifters.

With all the money Duggars have made over the years have they supported many missions? Or used their money for charity? Just curious, they may have and we haven't heard about it.

• Love 8

I actually think, out of all of the Duggar girls, Jill would make the best friend. I think she would listen when you talked to her. I think she wouldn't immediately jump on how terrible you were if you didn't believe the way she did. And I think if you were in a crisis, she would be calm and helpful within it. All of those things are good to have on the mission field. I think she's kind. If there were more kind people doing ministry of any type, I don't think it would have the reputation that it too often does.

• Love 11
(edited)

Kokapetl - they absolutely did NOT say where they were going or what they would be doing, but they'll take donations!

Not always. Speaking from what i personally know first hand - evangelical, usually Baptist or non-denominational but sort of Baptist groups like Campus Crusade for Christ, etc., - missionaries have to drum up almost all of their own support. They usually do this through speaking at churches and obtaining prayer partners who pledge a monthly amount, which is typically paid to the parent organization, then goes to the missionary to fund housing, food, materials, money, etc. There's a certain amount they must earn to go and then extra funding goes to them as well to improve/increase ministry or whatever. It's a constant sales pitch with prayer letters, blogs, Skyping, dog and pony shows at churches when they're stateside, etc.

Mormons typically raise their own funds for the 2 year male stints.

Provided Jill and Derick are not attempting to go this alone and they're partnering with a mission agency, they're required to raise a certain amount of support each month. For a family of 3 in Central America, for instance, their support would likely be in the neighborhood of $7-8k per month. Most independent mission agencies take a cut of 25-30% of your monthly support for administration costs so they set the support requirement high enough so they get their cut. Then they make sure that a certain percentage is set aside for retirement, health and life insurance, an emergency fund (should you have to evacuate and relocate at a moments notice), living expenses, travel expenses, ministry expenses, educational expenses for children, language school or tutors for adults, etc. Of that dollar amount that the mission agency sets for you, you must have a minimum of around 80% in pledges raised. You live and die by those percentages raised and work hard to maintain them.

Edited by msblossom
  • Love 2

Provided Jill and Derick are not attempting to go this alone and they're partnering with a mission agency, they're required to raise a certain amount of support each month. For a family of 3 in Central America, for instance, their support would likely be in the neighborhood of $7-8k per month. Most independent mission agencies take a cut of 25-30% of your monthly support for administration costs so they set the support requirement high enough so they get their cut. Then they make sure that a certain percentage is set aside for retirement, health and life insurance, an emergency fund (should you have to evacuate and relocate at a moments notice), living expenses, travel expenses, ministry expenses, educational expenses for children, language school or tutors for adults, etc. Of that dollar amount that the mission agency sets for you, you must have a minimum of around 80% in pledges raised. You live and die by those percentages raised and work hard to maintain them.

Could their new Dillard Ministry thing be their 'mission agency' Are there rules to get donations if you set up your own agency? Not familiar with the mission USA financial rules.

• Love 1

While I commend people who have a calling to do mission trips and help others, I have a couple of issues with the Dillards' announcement. First, there is no stated purpose or location of the mission. Second, they are asking for donations without revealing said purpose and location (is this usual?).

Also, if TLC is in any way funding or filming any part of the mission trip, wouldn't the Dillards be getting paid for their participation?

As a side note, I took the term "overseas" to mean somewhere other than Central America-- although I guess technically, flying over the Gulf of Mexico could be considered such.

• Love 4

Could their new Dillard Ministry thing be their 'mission agency' Are there rules to get donations if you set up your own agency? Not familiar with the mission USA financial rules.

They sure could. The problem with Derick's IG message is he never specified. Yet, he wasn't bashful about asking for funds even though he shared next to nothing about their plans, other than they decided to go much sooner than they planned and that it's scheduled for next month.

• Love 5

Trust us. We're on television. (even though television is, you know, satanic)

Not that I think these two would do anything nefarious with the funds. It's not a very responsible message, however. And I think it's likely to pull in funds only from the very gullible -- who would be taken in by somebody nefarious.

(edited)

Trust us. We're on television. (even though television is, you know, satanic)

Not that I think these two would do anything nefarious with the funds. It's not a very responsible message, however. And I think it's likely to pull in funds only from the very gullible -- who would be taken in by somebody nefarious.

They have millions of dollars worth of gullible fans. They have a tax free account and no way to be held accountable. After one year  they can probably retire from just the 'donations' and build a new house made of those wedding/birth People covers even if JB withheld funds from the actual show. Pistol Pete did alright.

I need Jesus.  :) (and $)

Edited by sometimesy
  • Love 9

Not any more.

I can't wait until TLC introduces the resulting spin-off. You know they're waiting until the fall sweeps period to bring them back in a blaze of glory. The really fun thing, though, will be the Dillards explaining why they needed donations from the public when they'll be paid by TLC for their participation.

Let the games begin!

• Love 7

They sure could. The problem with Derick's IG message is he never specified. Yet, he wasn't bashful about asking for funds even though he shared next to nothing about their plans, other than they decided to go much sooner than they planned and that it's scheduled for next month.

That's what I have a problem with. Derick and Jill can't be bothered to write up a mission statement/plan, yet they have no problem asking people to blindly donate to their cause because "God laid it on their hearts." What exactly does that mean?

• Love 12

I actually think, out of all of the Duggar girls, Jill would make the best friend. I think she would listen when you talked to her. I think she wouldn't immediately jump on how terrible you were if you didn't believe the way she did. And I think if you were in a crisis, she would be calm and helpful within it. All of those things are good to have on the mission field. I think she's kind. If there were more kind people doing ministry of any type, I don't think it would have the reputation that it too often does.

She'd be a TERRIBLE friend. The type of friend that ditches you at the last moment to split a five-dollar-footlong with her husband. The type of friend that can only be your friend if your husbands get along. The type of friend who walks on your clean carpets with her dirty bare feet.
  • Love 15

She'd be a TERRIBLE friend. The type of friend that ditches you at the last moment to split a five-dollar-footlong with her husband. The type of friend that can only be your friend if your husbands get along. The type of friend who walks on your clean carpets with her dirty bare feet.

The kind of friend that eats Doritos then wipes her hands on your cat.

• Love 12

That's what I have a problem with. Derick and Jill can't be bothered to write up a mission statement/plan, yet they have no problem asking people to blindly donate to their cause because "God laid it on their hearts." What exactly does that mean?

That God laid into their heart they are grifters and scammers.

• Love 5

I don't think the account is still there, but before the scandal broke Jill was following the account of a young lady who is obviously a lesbian. She often posted with pics of herself and her partner: there was no doubt as to her orientation. I don't think Jill is following her any longer and I don't know why not, but I thought it was interesting that they had some connection to begin with.

^ on Instagram

While I'm personally partial to using a college degree and going down the white collar professional road, I don't really think this is a terrible thing for Derick and Jill. It's not like he just came up with this overnight. He has been on a mission trip outside the country for 1-2 years and knows what it entails and always said he wanted to go back -- and now he's doing that. I think most of us -- including me -- thought yeah yeah, you did that when you're young but now with a wife and a new kid yearly, you're not going back for anything more than a 2 week trip. Well -- seems like for once he stuck to his guns and they're doing what he said he wanted.

Who knows how Derick really is bc we only see the TLC version of him, but maybe he is someone who fell in love with the "simplicity" of life overseas. I have known people who left the U.S. and went to much poorer countries only to be THRILLED with life there. They aren't people who need or want a suburban McMansion; they are happy living in a 2 bedroom flat in a crowded city. They don't mind that there are electric blackouts or water shortages or no central AC -- it's just a fact of life. OTOH they like the sense of "community" in those kinds of places. Derick seemed a bit like that from what little we saw of him in Nepal -- tiny apartment; wandering through the little shops through a maze of alleys in pure comfort; introducing Jill to a shopkeeper that was his friend. It's different in the U.S esp in the suburbs -- you get into your giant SUV to drive to Target where no one knows you or cares to know; unlikely you're making friends there.

Maybe Derick is drawn to that kind of life and a life that will just be about him and his wife having to bond together and figure it out -- without JB in his face and Jill's siblings hanging out at his house. While I am sure Cathy is feeling a twinge of sadness that he and Iz are leaving, I think she also may be relieved that her son is doing something that HE said he wanted to do for yrs. I'm sure she has been less than thrilled at his conversion into a Duggar, and she may feel that him pursuing a mission trip that he wants to do is light years better than him quitting WMT bc Jill doesn't want him to work 40 hrs  week and working for Jim Bob instead doing God knows what.

• Love 10
(edited)

The kind of friend that eats Doritos then wipes her hands on your cat.

Doritos? No way. Have you tasted Cool Ranch Doritos? Those are the work of the Devil. She ain't eating those -- unless Derick likes them. If he likes them, she'll love them. Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 1

No no, it was the wiping of hands on the cat that is disgusting.  I've seen people do such a thing.  Someone wiped something off on my dog once, ONCE, and that person is not a friend now.  I don't care what she does with her filthy hands anymore, she isn't getting close to my animals, or me.

• Love 2

Someone very immature. I've known a few teenage youth who were a part of established mission trips for which they were required to raise X amount of their funding. Even though the organization had brochures or websites, the kids didn't always bother with those details and even when asked were kind of shruggy. Of course, Jill and Derrick are a bit older. 

• Love 3

They have millions of dollars worth of gullible fans. They have a tax free account and no way to be held accountable. After one year  they can probably retire from just the 'donations' and build a new house made of those wedding/birth People covers even if JB withheld funds from the actual show. Pistol Pete did alright.

I need Jesus.  :) (and $)

So in theory they can ask for money go overseas pretend to convert people and keep all the money? Wow who knew! 

I said it before I can't see Jill surviving for more than a month or two. It's going to be hard to stay for a year if that is their plan. I still think they are completely nuts to attempt this with a baby. 

• Love 3

No no, it was the wiping of hands on the cat that is disgusting.  I've seen people do such a thing.  Someone wiped something off on my dog once, ONCE, and that person is not a friend now.  I don't care what she does with her filthy hands anymore, she isn't getting close to my animals, or me.

Thank you for getting it, Miss Picks! if we were friends I'd be sure to courtesy flush when I came over, too!

• Love 2
(edited)

I see them raising money so they can live a "American lifestyle" in whatever 3rd world country they are going to. Whenever I watch house hunters international and see $1500 a month rent or homes that cost 400k in countries where  a vast majority of workers make $1 an hour, you know that there has to be many other options then the 3 grand homes or apartments shown. The only way Jill is going to last in another country for a length of time is if she has an American kitchen, & bathrooms and proper cooling and heating.

I was able to do some short mission type trips, all service (no religion) in my late teens and early 20's. I went to Africa, Haiti, and Eastern Europe. Then I went to a small private college that had young women from many countries, and most were from very wealthy families. I was very shocked to hear these women talk about their lifestyles in these countries and how sheltered they had grown up from the poverty, disease and social issues that were literally in their backyard. It could very well be that Jill and the baby and any future babies have a nice "American style" housing  and Derick does more of the daily missionary work and Jill just goes out a few times a week and has a trusted (ATI or family member) watch her kid(s). I just do not see Jill living in any basic bare bones housing and spending 12-14 days in the mission field. I think she will do more then the photo op Duggar style mission but I think it will be scheduled, again a few times a week she meets with women or children while Derick does the brunt of the work.

Edited by silverspoons
  • Love 5

OK, I'm just a little bit confused...What, exactly, did this person "wipe off" which merited dissolving a friendship? I'm sure there are things that are just not occurring to me, but for most things I can think of, the issue would not so much be wiping something off on an animal as just not washing hands to begin with. Or is that the case all along? I mean, for most things I can think of which might be on one's hands, wiping them on an animal wouldn't bother or endanger the animal, but might either a) wipe back off on the furniture or etc, when the animal later rubbed against it, or b) make matters worse for the wiper in question rather than anyone else, as he/she would then have animal fur/residue on them in addition to whatever didn't quite rub off on the animal to begin with. In either case, it's probably not anything toxic. Not trying to be confrontational, just curious.

• Love 1
(edited)

I don't know. The seemingly passive Jana is often a group leader in those JTTH guilt trip camps, so I think Jill would be just plain blunt with her 'correction' techniques. She comes across as overconfident, undereducated know it all.

I'd choose Jinger, she's the only older girl who we see routinely laughing, and not a nervous giggle type of laugh either. She seems very easy going.

Edited by Kokapetl
  • Love 5
(edited)

How about, they raise money and send a less advantaged couple for the 'missionary position'?

Or, give the money to an established local organization who will help people without having to save their souls.

I dislike missionaries so much that I don't even have sex in their favored position.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 18

It seems to me that there are no details because TLC is filming it otherwise they'd be promoting it for more donations. The only reason not to give more info is TLC.

Not necessarily. When you consider the amount of hate the Duggar's are getting on and off social media, but also towards advertisers, the Network, anyone who publicly supported them...yada yada. If they released all the details with the where and what company, they could be concerned that a huge public backlash against the group could make them less likely to let them go under their name. 

Or, give the money to an established local organization who will help people without having to save their souls.

I dislike missionaries so much that I don't even have sex in their favored position.

Off to the Prayer Closet!

And I expect a new keyboard, mine is now covered in coke. ;p 

• Love 2

Well, well, well, wasn't expecting this news today.

My first thoughts were, hmmm.....methinks maybe Derick has been more pissed off about the whole Josh thing than we gave him credit for, who knows what has been said at the TTH privately between the family these last few weeks, and maybe, just maybe Derick isn't buying into the Josh is forgiven BS and the only thing he can do for now is remove Jill and his son, I do hope that is the case.

Seems suspect to me that although missionary work was always on the cards for them, the timing has been brought forward.

Might be wishful thinking on my part, and I really, really hope this move away doesn't involve the Duggars in any way, shape or form.

• Love 3