Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

Here's the full, uncropped photo. You can see that Jill has her arms around the person next to her. We don’t have any proof that this is how Jill carries her baby on a regular basis so I’m just going to assume that she most likely switched Izzy to her free hand for a quick photo-op. Frankly, I feel uncomfortable speculating anything else.

Thanks Mariva I had only been able to find the cropped photo on Facebook (and I didn't actually search that hard to be perfectly honest).  

I had assumed that Jill was using her hand for something else and I'm sure that Jill doesn't go around holding Izzy like that the whole time.  At the same time for a family that is based on child-raising and publicity, it isn't a great move to be seen holding a 2 (nearly 3) month old like that.  I'm not a mother but I love babies and if I have to hold a baby and use one hand, I tend to sit the baby on my hip and wrap my arm around to support them.  

Although Jill is in a bit of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.  

• Love 1

Steal your Dollar City is very very religious. It's a lot of fun at Christmas, but they are incredibly focused on Jesus. But they also sell turkey legs, funnel cakes, and have roller coasters so I let religious stuff slide.

on topic: Iz is a cutie, but boy is he a big baby. Curious what his weight/height percentiles are

Although Jill is in a bit of a damned if you do, damned if you don't situation.

She sure is. According to us, she hasn't done a dang thing right yet! Poor girl.

My first baby was a BEAST just like Iz. Her arms are loaded on her left, and my "guess" would be that someone took Iz from her and flipped him around facing the camera just for the shot. When they weigh a ton, sometimes you just do the best you can. I don't know... I was inexperienced once upon a time and I'm pretty happy nobody was critiquing me all the time (although my mom sure did her dead level best!). I'm confident he's going to survive Jill's new-mother clumsiness.

The real FUN pics are going to be shots of her trying to lug Izzy around when she has a new 8-9 month baby bump!

• Love 11

She sure is. According to us, she hasn't done a dang thing right yet! Poor girl.

Agreed!  I don't think it's possible for her to do anything right so I feel for her. I can be critical of a lot of her decisions but I just can't see her as the most horrible kid-holder in the world.

• Love 7

Both of my kids were off the charts in size and weight; like literally, 20+ lbs at 6 months old and wearing 12 months clothes big, and I would have never, ever held them like that for any long extended period of time. It's so much easier for them to fall and he's at an age where he's going to jerk. I also used a carrier when we did outings like that and for crunchy Duggar's I'm amazed I don't see an Ergo, Mai Tai, or Moby up in there. My Germany baby was my Moby child and my summer Missouri baby was my Ergo. 

For me, I think in part it might be because I so thoroughly loathe Jim Bob right now, to the point where I can't look at his stupid face without cringing and feeling revolted (seriously, whenever I see his face I scroll over it as fast as I can). But even before these past revelations I thought he was pretty hideous tbh. Maybe because his personality always shone through?

I guess I find it weird that people can’t compartmentalize their personal feelings for Jim Bob with how they look at his grandson. It’s one thing to find Jim Bob unattractive because you think he has a bad personality. But to take that out on little Izzy when he’s done nothing wrong but just exist in the world right now? It’s the same way I feel about Josh. I’ve found him revolting long before the news about his past broke. At the same time, I don’t look at his kids any negatively because of who their dad is. Maybe that’ll change years from now when the M’kids are old enough to be held accountable for their actions. But for right now, they’re still so young and innocent. They seem like any happy, normal kids their age. For all of Josh’s faults, I think he and Anna at least appear to be doing a better job at parenting than his mom and dad did (granted they were working from a really low bar).

• Love 9
But to take that out on little Izzy when he’s done nothing wrong but just exist in the world right now?

I'm not sure I agree that making a comment on a board is "taking it out" on Iz. I just don't find him to be a particularly cute baby, Boob genes or not. He's sweet looking when he's asleep but not so much awake. But then I'm not really in the 'all babies are adorable' camp in the first place, most of the little buggers are pretty odd looking to me. ;)

• Love 7

I also had a football-player sized son. (Seriously - he's the exact same stats as the Steeler QB) People ALWAYS thought he was a year or even two older than he was. I'd get dirty looks at the playground because he was in the toddler area and was technically "too tall" but was in no way able to do the larger equipment.

But a two month old baby is still too little to be held "football style" for a bit yet. I've seen enough photos to at least think this was a one off, so I'll go with that.

I don't think Jill is an incompetent or neglectful mother, but I do think Michelle's careless habits have rubbed off on her a bit. We have numerous instances of Michelle doing questionable and unsafe things with infants and Jill just doesn't know any different.

I'm not in the all babies are adorable camp either, but Izzy isn't the worst looking kid I've seen. And as someone up thread pointed out, when he smiles his whole face lights up! I hope he has plenty to genuinely smile about growing up.

I think carrying Izzy teddy bear style was just for the picture. For a baby that big, it would get awfully tiring to carry him that way. I think she does a lot of shifting if she doesn't use any type of sling or other carrier.

• Love 3

Both of my kids were off the charts in size and weight; like literally, 20+ lbs at 6 months old and wearing 12 months clothes big, and I would have never, ever held them like that for any long extended period of time. It's so much easier for them to fall and he's at an age where he's going to jerk. I also used a carrier when we did outings like that and for crunchy Duggar's I'm amazed I don't see an Ergo, Mai Tai, or Moby up in there. My Germany baby was my Moby child and my summer Missouri baby was my Ergo. 

There is no evidence she held him like that for any long extended period of time. It could have been 5-20 seconds to have a photo taken. It's not like it is a video of her walking around a mall. It is a snapshot.  His neck looks fine, so until we find out it was more than a few seconds, I'm not going to crucify her.

It's also very clear she does use carriers, which of course she gets criticized for as well. So it's unlikely she was holding him for a long time, or he would be in a sling as he has been in the past.

• Love 5

This is the second time we have seen Jill hold him in a strange way. During that last show she held him away from her like he was a bag of used kitty litter.

She acted insane during labor, then seems so insincere and had a flat affect when speaking about him.

I have a feeling that home is so wacked, seriously troubled that she grew up with being pregnant and having a natural birth is all that matters.   The baby is just something you have no choice but to deal with afterwards.   Sounds insane, but I get a strong vibe about this.

She failed at natural birth so Izzy is a daily reminder of that.

• Love 3

This is the second time we have seen Jill hold him in a strange way. During that last show she held him away from her like he was a bag of used kitty litter.

She acted insane during labor, then seems so insincere and had a flat affect when speaking about him.

I have a feeling that home is so wacked, seriously troubled that she grew up with being pregnant and having a natural birth is all that matters. The baby is just something you have no choice but to deal with afterwards. Sounds insane, but I get a strong vibe about this.

She failed at natural birth so Izzy is a daily reminder of that.

Wasn't it Michelle who carried him like a tray of drinks?
  • Love 6

Steal your Dollar City is very very religious. It's a lot of fun at Christmas, but they are incredibly focused on Jesus. But they also sell turkey legs, funnel cakes, and have roller coasters so I let religious stuff slide.

on topic: Iz is a cutie, but boy is he a big baby. Curious what his weight/height percentiles are

Sounds like a fundie Ren faire. 

• Love 2
(edited)

Why are we suprised Jill sees the baby as an object that dropped out of her bathing suit area?

As soon as it was taken from her she was thinking about the next one.I always thought Jill inherited a lot of her fathers smugness.No matter what topic she is speaking about,her eyes are dead.....ice cold.

Edited by kandinski
  • Love 4

Wasn't it Michelle who carried him like a tray of drinks?

Does anyone have a picture of that because I'm trying to picture it. I trust she wasn't holding him supine over her head with one hand. 

• Love 5

My son took six weeks to hold up his head on his own whereas my niece was able to do so within 24hrs of birth.  I don't think there is any firm rule as to whether an infant below a certain age lacks sufficient muscle tone and needs their neck supported at all times, other than in carriers and safety seats. Izzy looks a bit sleepy and gassy to me, not like his head is going to snap off.

• Love 4

That's like a week late. We talked about this eons ago, down to the consulting firm (Huckabee's PR guy who helped the Duggars *snicker* through Joshgate).

The laziest part is that Radar Online didn't even check the records themselves and screenshot that, they just used something floating around on Pinterest.

• Love 2
(edited)

I can't really fault Jill for the way she is holding Israel in that pic-- my daughter was very gassy and kind of preferred counter- pressure on her stomach so I held her that way often ( of course once she was able to hold her head up). She hated being held with her head on my shoulder-- cried even more! Also, as a poster above stated, I think Jill was just doing a one-handed hold for the pic.

Edited by Adiba
  • Love 4

That's like a week late. We talked about this eons ago, down to the consulting firm (Huckabee's PR guy who helped the Duggars *snicker* through Joshgate).

We did talk about it but I didn't know that they filed paperwork to make them official. And if it was discussed I'm sorry I missed it.

• Love 4

We did talk about it but I didn't know that they filed paperwork to make them official. And if it was discussed I'm sorry I missed it.

I don't think you did anything wrong, we do love to rehash shit here. Radar Online however...
  • Love 6

Oh, goodness. The way things fly by in Duggar conversations lately major events get brought up and recede to pages back in a few hours. I don't know if it's possible to have a Duggar obsession robust enough to catch every little thing -- and if it is, it probably requires an intervention.

• Love 9

Oh, goodness. The way things fly by in Duggar conversations lately major events get brought up and recede to pages back in a few hours. I don't know if it's possible to have a Duggar obsession robust enough to catch every little thing -- and if it is, it probably requires an intervention.

Lol, why do you think we brought in extra mods during Duggarpocalypse? We did have to read everything! I feel like I had a virtual lobotomy.
  • Love 22

Of course not! I only know because I was the one who linked the paperwork. It was officially filed with the state on 6/17. The Duggar plane went to and from the PR guy's place of residence (escapes me now) the day before, so timing checks out to a T. Fill out paperwork one day, file it in Little Rock (I assume) the next. 

Mods, I can't imagine...

• Love 4

I wouldn't call us "fans," but we've definitely mulled over the Nepal idea here.

I also balk at the  word "fan." How about "people who are, in varying degrees, embarrassed by and/or proud of their fascination with the Duggars and seek to normalize this obsession by anonymously hanging out with other like-minded people on message boards?" Can anyone come up with something more concise?

• Love 10

I also balk at the  word "fan." How about "people who are, in varying degrees, embarrassed by and/or proud of their fascination with the Duggars and seek to normalize this obsession by anonymously hanging out with other like-minded people on message boards?" Can anyone come up with something more concise?

I like it.

Possibly -- "People for whom '19 Kids' should come with a trigger warning"?

• Love 3

From the Duggar Family Official.  They will be leaving in July.  International destination not mentioned and not a short term mission.. 

http://dillardfamily.com/ministry

I give Jill a month tops before she decides that God doesn.t want her to be overseas. I can't imagine Jill giving up all the comforts of home and with a new baby I just can't imagine it lasting for long.

• Love 3

Followers Anonymous?

• Love 4

I also balk at the word "fan." How about "people who are, in varying degrees, embarrassed by and/or proud of their fascination with the Duggars and seek to normalize this obsession by anonymously hanging out with other like-minded people on message boards?" Can anyone come up with something more concise?

Clown Car crash rubberneckers?
  • Love 6

I give Jill a month tops before she decides that God doesn.t want her to be overseas. I can't imagine Jill giving up all the comforts of home and with a new baby I just can't imagine it lasting for long.

She'll go. Her identity is way to wrapped up in being "Jill M. Dillard" to not go. 

• Love 4

Seriously. I couldn't imagine moving with a newborn. The ministry will always be there. They just need to chill and stop going 90 mph all. the. time. 

• Love 6

Seriously. I couldn't imagine moving with a newborn. The ministry will always be there. They just need to chill and stop going 90 mph all. the. time.

ITA what the heck are they thinking? Everyone has problems but up and leaving isn't going to fix anything. Where the heck are they going to live?

Observers? Behaviorists?  I know I sometimes feel like Jane Goodall sitting in her little spot for hours and hours, noting chimp behaviors in the minutest detail.

• Love 13

The more I think about it, the more I'm inclined to believe that this was mostly Derrick's idea/decision. Maybe after jumping head first into the Duggar kool-aid, he realized it was actually that nasty ass, off brand Flavor-Ice shit and there was no sugar in it. No man who has had any sort of independence wants to be dictated to by another man and that's exactly what happened when he hitched his wagon to Jill. It could be that he realized that the only way to get off the crazy train and truly out of JB's grip was to leave the country. Joshgate just happened to speed the process up.

By saying that God is calling him to make this move, he easily sways Jill (she's gotta go with the headship), avoids hurting feelings/burning bridges with the in-laws, and he gets the fuck out of dodge before the real fallout happens (ie. appearances dry up, money dries up, more dirt comes out, etc.). Mission accomplished. 

• Love 14
(edited)

They have a donation link on the home page, naturally. Leaving will be good for Jill in the long run, but I think this is going to be one hell of an adjustment for her.

I guess we'll find out if there's a spinoff in the works soon enough.

They just need to chill and stop going 90 mph all. the. time.

The lord said "Make hay while the sun shines, bitches!", and it was good.

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 7

Good for them.  It sounds crazy but they both said they wanted to do mission work.  Many families have made the same decision and it is not easy but the missionaries I know would not have traded it for anything.  It will be good for them to get away and become their own little family out from under JB.  

• Love 7

I'm just now seeing The Dillard Family website and my immediate observations are 1) what exactly is this mission opportunity and why would I give money when the only details are "god laid it upon my heart to purpose to seek wisdom for an amazing ministry opportunity for this season of my life to....... beg for money to go overseas" (sadly, many will indeed blindly donate, because they are Duggars and said all the magi words. Totally). 2) Excellent timing to go over seas when the show is cancelled and to run from the Josh scandal. 3) will they take any J-slaves or Howlers with them, because Jill has worse separation anxiety and co-dependency than a room full of cocker spaniels. She'll pawn her spawn off on some Nepali family and be attached to Derrick, if they don't bring a buddy or two. Free any of them at this point. 4) SAVED THE BEST FOR LAST - NIKE - I love love love how the modesty courting poster child has banners of DATE ASIAN WOMEN in semi-scantily clad clothing as the add on the bottom of the page. Idiots. Jill is definitely an idiot, and I think Derrick is just an idiot with a degree.

• Love 14
(edited)

If you feel led to support our mission effort we would be so thankful to have you as a partner. You can give here on our website. Your prayers and your support mean so much to both of us as we begin this great new chapter in life!

Think of all the earthly belongings Jill, Derick and Israel obtained within the last year (wedding gifts, baby gifts and a household full of Pinterest ideas) to be left behind 

If this ministry was planned for- Why didn't they focus on minimal necessities and request ministry donations from their family and friends instead of junk!

Edited by springtime
  • Love 13

She'll go. Her identity is way to wrapped up in being "Jill M. Dillard" to not go.

Sure she will go but has she given serious consideration that now with a baby she won't be able to minister much unless she has a nanny lined up to go with them. I think she is delusional if she thinks she can live out in an area that has nothing longterm.

(edited)

Derick wants to be a star. He needed the attention of his school's student body, but he was butt ugly so they had to put him in a mascot costume. He runs off to Nepal soon afterwards where he can play the role of white messiah and get all the attention of the unwashed masses he hands bibles and porridge. Then, he marries mouselike reality TV star after a courtship with her famewhore father. Now, he's getting surgery in his mouth and his jaw so that he doesn't have to put the mascot costume on anymore. He got that ambition baby look in his eyes/This week he mopping floors next week it's the fries.

Everyone thought Derick would be Jill's savior. Show her another life? Education? Freedom? A feminist mother-in-law would surely show her the way. No. Like attracts like. He wanted a meek slave. She wanted another master-father. Match made in a Heaven --- a heaven that they wouldn't invite most of us into because we don't blindly follow the wisdom of our fool fathers.

He calls her his Proverbs 31 woman wife. Barf.

Edited by CofCinci
  • Love 21