Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

(edited)

My guess for the mystery item in the photo is Derick's hand in a thumb splint or bandage

ETA- When I enlarged the photo- I could see Derick's wedding band- so it is his hand (look at the top of the letter "b" in the photographer's name)

His long hands (fingers) and arms often look strange - It is really noticeable in other pictures when he is holding Israel or other items!

Edited by springtime

I like neon. I have pink neon nails as I type. But if I knew I was getting portrait pics done, I would tone down the flash. I guess Duggar girls are going hog wild to make up for all those pre-teen and teen mani/pedis they missed. 

• Love 1

Damn! You guys finally made me revisit Jill's "too many hands" Instagram. I blew that photo up as much as my large computer screen would allow and I can't figure it out either. I can find one Derick hand (in front holding the chalk sign), 2 Jill hands (one holding the chalk sign and one reaching - ahem - across Derick's leg toward his groin) ... and then there's the mystery blob/appendage wedged between them just below Jill's right elbow.  Since I assume Derick's second hand is behind Jill's back for support, that math accounts for all 4 arms -  but NOT the Alien-esque thing in front of and between them. Based on skin color in the rest of the photo, the mystery thing is too pink to belong to either Derick or Jill.  And though someone suggested the thing in question was Derick holding some part of Izzy, I can't see where Izzy could even BE in that photo. He's certainly not pushed behind them with only one of his limbs peaking out. And I don't seen anything that could be the rest of him in front. Besides, whatever that thing is, it is still too PINK. Even if it was a photoshop merging images error, the mystery thing still had to be SOMETHING. Someone please figure this out so I can go on with my life. Doesn't anyone know someone who knows someone who knew someone who worked on the Warren Commission and did expert analysis of the Zapruder stills? We clearly need expert help.

Why not e-mail the photographer and ask? I still think it's a brown paper bag, but who knows? I don't think it's anyone's hands.

(edited)

My guess for the mystery item in the photo is Derick's hand in a wrist splint or bandage

Springtime, I had the same thought re Derick wearing a possible hand/wrist splint. I could certainly see his left arm being there in that place, instead of behind Jill (as I posited above). But look at the direction of the fingers. The thumb looks right, but wouldn't Derick's left hand fingers be bending and curving in the opposite direction? And if those wrong-direction fingers were Jill's, how to account for the other 2 Jill arms (and presumably attached hands and fingers) we can clearly see logically fit into this photo (one hand on the chalkboard,  the other in Derick's lap)? Plus, even if this was a photoshop fail and the "thing" we're discussing is just Jill's fingers (patched in from some other photo) entwined with Derick's and topped by his splinted thumb, what then are the two oddly placed digits in the middle of this too-pink fleshy mess that look like they came from outer space? The more vertical of the 2 even looks strangely squiggly. I'm about ready to chalk (sorry!) this up to Satan's mischief.

Why not e-mail the photographer and ask?

What?!? And ruin all our fun? Not to mention allowing the Duggars to know how much we analyze the details of their lives??? I'd rather go to my grave not knowing.

Edited by HundFan
  • Love 2

This almost feels like the dress issue with some people seeing exactly what's there and other seeing such bits of random like a penis (a penis? why?).  It's definitely Derick's hand.  His wedding band is plain as day.  He's leaning into Jill rather than away from her, so it makes perfect sense that his hand would be between them rather on the ground behind them for support.  It's likely he was holding something in his hand, which was the reason for the photoshopping there.  The question really is what was in his hand that necessitated the blurring.  I doubt his penis is long enough to somehow be in his hand and I don't think they would even own a dildo, so it's also surely not a penis.  This is just a wild, totally off the wall guess, but I'm going to suggest that it's just an everyday thing, something that either of these two parents would have with them at a photo shoot in the middle of a field full of allergens.  My immediate reaction is that it was Israel's foot, I thought the baby could be in front of or behind them.  It could also be an inhaler or keys or a bag or chalk, or a knife (someone said a cake was in front of them) or any other perfectly normal things they'd bring to a field for a photo shoot. 

I guess this conversation is an upgrade from people saying Derick's a murdering rapist just because he is not aesthetically pleasing or worse, talking about how a baby (a baby, ffs!) is unattractive.  

• Love 2
(edited)

ETA- When I enlarged the photo- I could see Derick's wedding band

I just revisited the photo (yet again) and you're right re the wedding band. But I'm still unclear on how Jill could have 3 arms. That's my confusion and I'm stickin' to it. 

Edited by HundFan
  • Love 1

Jill and Derick were also at SilverDollarCity yesterday. I guess the new job that Derick referenced in that email is not conventional employment. I have a feeling he's in the employ of JB now. *sadface* Yes, they set up that non-profit for their "ministry," but that word can mean a ton of things, not just going on mission trips. If there were still doubters about Derick being assimilated by the Duggars, I think they can be put to rest; he may as well change his name to Derick Duggar.

https://www.facebook.com/1561331044117771/photos/a.1561336054117270.1073741828.1561331044117771/1608296356087906/?type=1&fref=nf

eta: Derick needs a shower. Badly.

Wow I hate to say this but he looks rough and looks like he either needs better shampoo or rode a water ride

Jill and Derick were also at SilverDollarCity yesterday. I guess the new job that Derick referenced in that email is not conventional employment. I have a feeling he's in the employ of JB now. *sadface* Yes, they set up that non-profit for their "ministry," but that word can mean a ton of things, not just going on mission trips. If there were still doubters about Derick being assimilated by the Duggars, I think they can be put to rest; he may as well change his name to Derick Duggar. 

https://www.facebook.com/1561331044117771/photos/a.1561336054117270.1073741828.1561331044117771/1608296356087906/?type=1&fref=nf

eta: Derick needs a shower. Badly. 

Someone said he'd been on a log flume ride, but I was also thinking it could be sweat. It was brutally hot for a couple days in my area, and spending just a few minutes outside had me sweating. It's gross, but if you're spending all day at an amusement park, you can be completely drenched in sweat and not a lot you can do about it. 

• Love 1

Someone said he'd been on a log flume ride, but I was also thinking it could be sweat. It was brutally hot for a couple days in my area, and spending just a few minutes outside had me sweating. It's gross, but if you're spending all day at an amusement park, you can be completely drenched in sweat and not a lot you can do about it. 

I was kinda thinking the same thing. I always laugh at the fair when they take a picture at the end of the day and try to sell it to you.  Even if we had a great time we almost always look terrible (tired, grimy, sweaty, carrying a bunch of crap, or whatever).  Our local fair photogs finally figured out to take the photos in the morning on your way in, My very first thought when I saw this pic was that it looked like about 90% of hot day amusement park photos I've ever seen.

• Love 2

I would love to see a before dental work photo, side by side with the Siver Dollar City photo of Derick.

I wonder if there's a second surgery, maybe an osteotomy, planned for Derick. Like stage one was to align the teeth in the desired position relative to each other, and then stage two is to move the whole lot to the centre.

The only reason it's "damage control" is because we choose to see it that way. Otherwise it's a picture of a couple celebrating their first anniversary, which was almost 100% going to happen even if the scandal had never taken place, let alone been left undiscovered.

• Love 7
(edited)

The only reason it's "damage control" is because we choose to see it that way. Otherwise it's a picture of a couple celebrating their first anniversary, which was almost 100% going to happen even if the scandal had never taken place, let alone been left undiscovered.

True. Jill loves Instagram and there's no way she was going to let their first anniversary go by unnoticed, no matter what!

I don't know if it's just me but I barely even recognize Derrick in the Silver Dollar City picture. I think his jaw surgery/Invisalign really changed the whole shape of his face, or maybe the photo just caught him at an odd moment.

Edited by becca3891

Was is Silver Dollar City? Is it a small amusement park like Dollywood or huge like Six Flags?

Small-like Dollywood.  It's in Branson, Missouri, and when I went as a child there were not many rides and a lot of things like a fort, a frontier store, etc.  And shows.  It's probably changed some in the decades since my family took us there.

20th anniversary coming up in September, and I think my husband and I have been in the same country for 12 anniversaries, and in the same state for about 8 of the 12 (go Army!).  I don't recall any anniversay pictures, either, but I don't live on Pinterest or Instagram.  But I don't find the Dillards sappy crap much different from any other new marrieds of their age.

• Love 1

Why in the world did they go to Silver Dollar City this week? It's been unbearably hot in the south, and the trip could not have been enjoyable. Pick a different week when it's a little cooler. It's not like they had to work around anyone's vacation time.

I like neon. I have pink neon nails as I type. But if I knew I was getting portrait pics done, I would tone down the flash. I guess Duggar girls are going hog wild to make up for all those pre-teen and teen mani/pedis they missed.

I actually do like Jill's nail colour. But i think the filter made them brighter than usual.

How many of us would post an IG picture of ourselves french kissing? A closed mouth kiss makes for a better picture.

I am no prude but I would never french kiss on camera so I could post it. People do it, but most do not.

(edited)

Looking at Derrick at SDC; his face structure has completely changed. He used to remind me of Stan Laurel (laurel and Hardy) and I don't see that at all now.

ETA I also think Jill is a nail biter. She had them done for the anniversary pics, but usually her nails are all wonky

Edited by Happyfatchick
  • Love 1

Ok, no snark here.

Derick looks terrible in that picture. I really hope it's just a bad picture. (I take horrible pictures myself so I'm sympathetic)  

He looks thin, messy, tired, pale, dark circles under his eyes and overall, not well.  

Is he OK? 

I know he had surgery but so did Jill! She is only 2 months post C-section! She looks OK.  Derick? uh...  Is he depressed? 

I have more photographs and a better "baby book" for my son, who is 19. But FB provided the means for a lot of people to watch my daughter grow up. I never publicly recognized an anniversary before FB either, but I do now. It's just a different world than it was 25 years ago. For one thing, a photo actually cost a lot of money! I remember when you worried about the flash going off because you paid for the picture no matter what. (And the flash cube!)

• Love 5

Maybe it's an age thing. Remember Annas sister announcing the sex of her baby with the two boxes and the one with stuff on the inside was the gender? I've seen 3 of those this week on fb.... All the newer babies have chalkboard photos from 1 week up till a year some are longer. Anniversary pictures with the chalkboard all over my fb. So I'd say it's an age thing for sure. My 1st year anniversary is coming in Aug and I figured we would do something but not sure what yet... off to pintrest lol

How many of us would post an IG picture of ourselves french kissing? A closed mouth kiss makes for a better picture.

I am no prude but I would never french kiss on camera so I could post it. People do it, but most do not.

I don't think a french kiss is necessary either.  Just something that doesn't look like they can't wait for it to be over.  

I don't think a french kiss is necessary either. Just something that doesn't look like they can't wait for it to be over.

In their Instagram kissing contest, they rarely even made a pouty kissy face, it was mostly philtrums and vermillion borders pressed together.
  • Love 3

Considering how hot it was at Silver Dollar City, I'm impressed Jill was wearing a sleeveless top even tho it was layered over another one. I can picture MEchelle running behind her trying to cover up her bare arms.

Do you think the 'odd look' we think baby Palestine has is just due to the fact he has the body of a 6 month old, but the muscle tone and strength of a two month old?

For me it's that he has an insanely wide nose and looks exactly like JB. He's an unattractive baby, sorry. That Bradley Bates, though, is unbelievably cute!

• Love 1

For me it's that he has an insanely wide nose and looks exactly like JB. He's an unattractive baby, sorry. That Bradley Bates, though, is unbelievably cute!

Bradley Bates is a gorgeous Gerber baby. His mom should get him into modeling.

• Love 1

I'm assuming that this is the picture about Jill holding Iz strangely.  I know that he is big but I don't think that is the best way to hold a baby!

That's the one. That's what I don't buy that Jill has the innate skills to raise an infant.

• Love 3

That's the one. That's what I don't buy that Jill has the innate skills to raise an infant.

If they got a Duggar Sisters show, Jana could move in to help, get her own bedroom and bath (or floor) and provide some probably desperately needed content, even if it's just a different shade of paint drying.
  • Love 1

I have more photographs and a better "baby book" for my son, who is 19. But FB provided the means for a lot of people to watch my daughter grow up. I never publicly recognized an anniversary before FB either, but I do now. It's just a different world than it was 25 years ago. For one thing, a photo actually cost a lot of money! I remember when you worried about the flash going off because you paid for the picture no matter what. (And the flash cube!)

And before the cube there was the bulb!  We also post kid and grandkid photos on FB to FRIENDS only.  I think it's a pretty common thing to do.

If they got a Duggar Sisters show, Jana could move in to help, get her own bedroom and bath (or floor) and provide some probably desperately needed content, even if it's just a different shade of paint drying.

There are pictures of Jana on the SDC trip....and she's holding Izzy correctly.

I like Jana, but adding her is like deciding between wintergreen or unflavored ice cream. Unless she's totally snarky and we just haven't seen it on camera.

• Love 1

The surgery has definitely changed Derrick's look.  He looks OK to me but I hate the shaggy and 'almost a beard but not quite' look on any guy.  As for baby Izzy, I think he has a 'grown up' face as opposed to a baby face.  I have seen lots of babies like this before.  They just seem not to have that babyish quality.   But I think he's cute.  And no matter how Jill holds/swaddles/or slings him, she is bound to get criticism.  They are new parents and I wish them well.

• Love 5
(edited)

My god, that poor child is the spitting image of Jim Boob. Let's hope he grows out of it before he starts getting interested in girls (or boys). He's cute when he sleeps but less so when awake for some reason.

I'm assuming that this is the picture about Jill holding Iz strangely.  I know that he is big but I don't think that is the best way to hold a baby!

I don't know much about child rearing, but I thought it was important to support babies' necks when you hold them and not just let them flop about, because baby necks aren't strong enough to carry the weight of their own heads? I noticed Michelle was doing something similar in an earlier photo, basically just holding Iz like a ragdoll and not supporting his neck att all. Do they assume that because of his size he's stronger than the average baby or did Michelle never learn how to properly care for babies and passed on her bad habits to her daughters? This is after all the woman who thinks feeding a baby with a massive spoon while it is lying on it's back is a good idea. As is feeding canned peas to a toddler straight from the can. And who thinks instant noodles are good for kids because they have a lot of protein in them. And thinks that handing over a 6 month old to another caretaker won't have any psychological effects... nm I think I just answered my own question.

Seriously, the more I think about it it just seems like despite having a million of them, the Duggar parents really don't know all that much about children. Not how to properly care for them, not how to to feed them nor how their brains work. I was hoping that Jill with her midwife studies would have more of a clue but from the photos she herself chooses to share, she appears to have inherited her mother's lackadaisical attitude to child care. Derrick seems more on top of it actually.

Edited by Vaysh
  • Love 11
(edited)

This photog took some really crappy shots at their wedding. Now Jilly Muffin has three arms! LOL

https://instagram.com/p/4SvV53g4nt/

I finally got around to looking at the picture.  What looks like a finger pointing up is, to me anyway, the line going across the palm and the other is the line at the base of the index finger.  Yes, I admit it.....I had to look at my own hand first and then his.  The only wonky part I see is his thumb area.

Edited by abseedee

Considering how hot it was at Silver Dollar City, I'm impressed Jill was wearing a sleeveless top even tho it was layered over another one. I can picture MEchelle running behind her trying to cover up her bare arms.

Why do they go to Silver Dollar City every year? Is it fundie friendly?

I'm assuming that this is the picture about Jill holding Iz strangely.  I know that he is big but I don't think that is the best way to hold a baby!

Here's the full, uncropped photo. You can see that Jill has her arms around the person next to her. We don’t have any proof that this is how Jill carries her baby on a regular basis so I’m just going to assume that she most likely switched Izzy to her free hand for a quick photo-op. Frankly, I feel uncomfortable speculating anything else.

I'm probably a bitch for saying this, but I think Izzy is better off taking after Boob than Derick. JimBob is a major tool, but it's not like he has bad features or anything.

I think Izzy has his daddy's eyes with his mommy's nose and mouth.  Someone posted a side-by-side photo with him and Jill as a baby and it's striking how much he looks like his mom.

tumblr_inline_nqeepcXoIA1qhws9s_500.jpg11391484_1088716981156569_58883985856808

Can someone tell me WHY it's such a bad thing for Izzy to look like Jim Bob? I dislike Jim Bob for a lot of reasons, but physically, I don't think he's horribly bad-looking (neither is Derick for that matter). And last I checked, Jill IS her father's daughter, and I also think she resembles him the most out of the Duggar girls. So I guess what people are really saying is that Izzy looks like Jill who looks like Jim Bob - gee, what a shocker! ;-)

• Love 10
Can someone tell me WHY it's such a bad thing for Izzy to look like Jim Bob? I dislike Jim Bob for a lot of reasons, but physically, I don't think he's horribly bad-looking (neither is Derick for that matter).

For me, I think in part it might be because I so thoroughly loathe Jim Bob right now, to the point where I can't look at his stupid face without cringing and feeling revolted (seriously, whenever I see his face I scroll over it as fast as I can). But even before these past revelations I thought he was pretty hideous tbh. Maybe because his personality always shone through?

• Love 12

Why do they go to Silver Dollar City every year? Is it fundie friendly?

Yeah.   Presumably they do the stuff that JB and M imagine that they do.

'They have followed Biblical principles over the years, including tithing or giving at least 10 percent of their income to God, limiting the amount of money they borrow for the business, and placing a premium on humility.

'"Our leadership goes through a great class on servant leadership. And those who graduate get a beautiful statue of Christ washing the feet of His disciples," said Jack Herschend....

'"When you come in, don't be offended if you hear about Jesus because this place does stand for the Lord," Tom Johnson, an entertainer at Silver Dollar City, said. "We don't make them believe. We don't preach at them, but we let our lights shine so that Jesus can be exalted and that God can be glorified."'

http://www.cbn.com/cbnnews/us/2010/December/Silver-Dollar-Family-Strikes-Gold-with-Godly-Values-/

• Love 1
(edited)

I wonder if Israel's size has Jill thinking he is more developed than he really is. Even the way she was carrying him at the conference/festival event they appeared at, the baby wrap was around Israel's bottom and Jill was supporting his back rather than his neck area. Or maybe he is stronger & more developed because of his size.

I also wonder if Israel's size confuses our senses, as in he should be brighter and showing more personality, when he is just really leaving the 'floppy-just existing' stage.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 6

I guess it's because JB looks very "cartoony." It's off-putting. And I think we're hard-wired to coo over babies with small, delicate features. But the post upthread is correct: Izzy is the picture of Jill as a baby!

Also, I really don't find Izzy cute at all when he's not smiling; he looks quite "blah." But his whole face lights up when he smiles.

• Love 1