Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

48 minutes ago, Steff said:

Now see, if she had stayed home while her talking asshole did his summer "intern" job she could have had all the unpacking work done long ago.   Each night after the boys had gone to bed she could have unpacked, organized & decorated a room/area.  Then have the weekends to spend with her talking asshole.  He could move heavy boxes to the room she wanted them in for her to unpack when he headed back to his summer job on Monday.   And if he can't come home to a house being unpacked (messy) a few times, then there are much bigger issues going on. 

It's almost like she goes out of her way to make things harder than they really are/need to be.  She adds stress to situations that don't have to be stressful.  I may be weird, but unpacking/setting up a new house can be fun if you go into it with the right mindset.  It's a brand new house, it's all your stuff & you can for once do anything you want.  You can paint, put nail holes in the walls, create a "kid's corner", decide if you don't like the way stuff is arranged, you can change it all on a whim.  More than once I've rearranged a room one day & changed it the next.  Her boys could build a moving box fort to rival all others in the living room while she unpacks.  Then clean it all up Friday before the talking asshole comes home (if he can't handle a little mess in the middle of moving). She could do a picnic in the living room (on top of boxes to protect the floor if necessary) to give herself more time for unpacking & organizing.  Her kids are young enough that a hotdog & some mac n cheese will work for a quickie meal.  Heck, she could even have a couple of kids from her buddy group spend the night & help.  but nope, gotta stretch it all out way longer than necessary, create extra stress & time limits that just aren't needed if she handled it all differently. 

Well, there you go, thinking all logical and everything. That is how 99.9% of us would do it. 

JillyMuffin needs to be with Derelict 24/7. So if she and those other 2 males (what are those names again?) were not with Derelict at all times, we all know Becky from the third row would just pounce...

• LOL 13
  • Love 4

Sign me up as another one who doesn't see anything weird about him being outside without shoes and socks on. I ran around barefoot as a kid inside and outside (and on gravel!) all the time and still do as an adult.

I was glad to see he was wearing a helmet. Maybe she can introduce Joy to the concept of one for the next time she and the others go horseback riding. Those horse pics of Joy's alarmed me way more than this pic of Jill's. (And as a general rule, I find Joy's pics a lot less snark-worthy than Jill's.)

• Love 21

Once again it's all in the timing-- Jill posts about making WHEAT bread around the same time Jessa shows the boys having fun making WHEAT pancakes. Both were from Duggar Collection of Family Recipes.

Who will be next? Maybe Jana with a wheat crust pizza? 

• LOL 19
  • Love 1

Do you guys think Jessa is deliberately going head-to-head with Jill because it's a battle she knows she can win? I always figured she'd use Ivy to compete with Felicity, but Jinger is very skilled at curating her social media and Felicity is the more photogenic baby. Jill however, is easy pickings. It doesn't take much to outdo her.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 24
22 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Do you guys think Jessa is deliberately going head-to-head with Jill because it's a battle she knows she can win? I always figured she'd use Ivy to compete with Felicity, but Jinger is very skilled at curating her social media and Felicity is the more photogenic baby. Jill however, is easy pickings. It doesn't take much to outdo her.

I think Jessa and Jinger are friends.  I think Ben and Jeremy are friends.

Jessa and Jill are "friendly" because they are sisters and live close to each other. I don't think anyone likes Derick at all. I believe the entire Duggar clan and Dugg-in-laws rolls their eyes at him. 

Jessa enjoys going at Jill.  She is easy to upstage on social media and they are not emotionally close so it's a fun game for Jessa. 

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

I think Jessa and Jinger are friends.  I think Ben and Jeremy are friends.

Jessa and Jill are "friendly" because they are sisters and live close to each other. I don't think anyone likes Derick at all. I believe the entire Duggar clan and Dugg-in-laws rolls their eyes at him. 

Jessa enjoys going at Jill.  She is easy to upstage on social media and they are not emotionally close so it's a fun game for Jessa. 

I wonder about Jinger and Jessa. First, I think Michelle pushed the BFF thing because they were close in age and Jinger put up with Jessa's bullshit.

Second, I don't think any of the Duggars feel anything deep enough to truly be close with anyone.

Third, with the distance between Jessa and Jinger, as well as Jinger being exposed to folks who feel feelings, I'm guessing she sees Jessa a little differently now.

• Love 24
On 8/30/2019 at 11:54 PM, Zella said:

Sign me up as another one who doesn't see anything weird about him being outside without shoes and socks on. I ran around barefoot as a kid inside and outside (and on gravel!) all the time and still do as an adult.

I was glad to see he was wearing a helmet. Maybe she can introduce Joy to the concept of one for the next time she and the others go horseback riding. Those horse pics of Joy's alarmed me way more than this pic of Jill's. (And as a general rule, I find Joy's pics a lot less snark-worthy than Jill's.)

Me too! Maybe people from states that don't have so much warm weather find it odd? I never wear shoes outside unless it involves walking long distances. I trek into the backyard several times a day to bring things out to recycle, and never wear shoes, even if the grass is wet. I've also been known to wear flip flops to run a quick errand in the winter when I was too lazy to put on real shoes...especially if we've just had a warm spell, and I'm bitter that it's over. 

• Love 7
16 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I guess Derelict unlocked his "office" long enough to get a glamour shot with the boys.

Inexplicably,  Jill and Durwood are using their oldest son to recreate Vermeer's painting, The Astronomer.

Whoa!  

Edited by fonfereksglen
  • LOL 4
4 hours ago, estellasmum said:

Did Derick really just quote The Notorious B.I.G? That has to have been a coincidence, right? I mean Ben's the rapper in the family.

That was definitely a Biggie reference and I’m here for it. I think Derrick is well aware of what people think of him and slips some of those Easter eggs (Resurrection eggs?) in for fun. He did go to a Big XII school, after all — you don’t spend four years in Stillwater, Norman, Ames, Manhattan, College Station (now SEC of course), Lubbock, or hell even Waco, and not pick up some fondness for 90s hip-hop.

• LOL 5
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Derrick has a globe on his desk? Why?! And is that picture on the left side of the desk facing out instead of facing him?

I blame Jana - it is an OFFICE and offices have globes. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 2

I think Derick told Jill to stay out of his office. No kissy photos or actually no couple photos at all! I think the photo on his desk is of his dad or his brother (I could be wrong). More importantly - ZERO handmade notebook paper signs. 

I truly think he told her stay away! 

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
1 hour ago, ms.o said:

I think Derick told Jill to stay out of his office. No kissy photos or actually no couple photos at all! I think the photo on his desk is of his dad or his brother (I could be wrong). More importantly - ZERO handmade notebook paper signs. 

I truly think he told her stay away! 

It’s probably the one place that’s HIS, where he can go and tell her to stay away. I would live in that room. 

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

So, does Jilly get to build a she-shed in the backyard so SHE has somewhere to go that's all hers?

She doesn’t have to build a she-shed. She can just send Izzy and Sam to preschool. They get the interaction they’re craving, and she gets a few mornings a week to herself. It’s a win-win. Then, she could be totally crazy and send Izzy off to kindergarten where he’d probably thrive. 

But, we all know that will never happen. Cause Jilly Muffin has more college than I do with my BA and Masters. 

• Love 9
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

There is a pic in Jill's stories about Izzy chucking pretzels at Derelict while in the car. Hopefully, not while he was driving!

Given the look on Derick's face, I'm pretty sure Israel isn't going to EVER do that again.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

So, does Jilly Muffin get to build a she-shed in the backyard so SHE has somewhere to go that's all hers?

I mean, they have a four bedroom house and are only utilizing three of them.  But she would have to take up some sort of hobby or get over her fear of being alone first. 

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Zella said:

I didn't go to a Big 12 School, so I am woefully ignorant of 90s hip hop. 😉 

What was the Biggie reference that Derick made?

It's a super catchy slow jam with a little bit of audience participation: "throw your hands in the air if you's a true player." (I'm sure Derick says "true pray-er" instead to make it OK.) If you put this on at a party everybody of a certain age will stop what they're doing and sing along.

RIP BIGGIE!!! GONE TOO SOON!

• LOL 3
  • Love 8
4 hours ago, Nysha said:

Given the look on Derick's face, I'm pretty sure Israel isn't going to EVER do that again.

It seems to me that his parents are bemused by it, evidenced by the posed photo and posting it on Instagram. I’ve never gotten the vibe that Derick or Jill mistreat their kids. Izzy and Sam seem pretty normal to me. *shrug*

• Love 7