Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

All of this speculation makes me even sadder that Jill has been apparently cut off from her buddy group. They used to be so close during her courtship/ newlywed period... James was her frequent chaperone when she was courting, Jennie was so upset Jill was leaving, they were shown staying over when J&D first got married, Joy got to travel to Danger America to visit, the buddy group were the only Duggar kids in attendance for one of Israel's early birthdays, etc. Lately... nothing. Obviously Joy is busy with her own family stuff, but it seems like James and Jennie would be great "accountability partners" (if Jill still feels like she needs one and that's what's keeping her in), good with their nephews (James in particular is frequently photographed holding other young nieces and nephews), and just good for Jill in general to have some company she's comfortable with. Additionally, James can drive and you'd think there would be available vehicles at the Duggar compound. I know it's all speculation that Jill has become persona non grata at the TTH, but evidence certainly points in that direction, and it makes me sad that she may have been cut off from her buddy group.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I am thinking it's HER 1st time in a public library.  Slow clap for you Jill.  You discovered what everyone else knows.

Maybe she will listen at story time and maybe learn something ?

• LOL 10
20 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I have a feeling that Jill was "pleasantly surprised" to find out that her local public library was not the godless, liberal place with Drag Queen Story Hour every hour on the dot that her elders told her it was.  Yes, the library is going to have books that are anathemas to the Duggar belief system, but such is the nature of life.  Look, I want to burn all the Fox News and former Trump staff members, and Dinesh D'Souza's books that have been proliferating on my library's shelves in the last decade; but I don't because I am a rational adult who can walk on by.  

But please tell me you stick your tongue out at them 🙂 

• LOL 8
  • Love 2
14 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

That library looks much nicer than the one near me 😞.

Also does Jill call everyone her friend? More like dear family friend. I think most of them will be aquantances at best.

Honestly I don’t think she knows the difference.   I think she knows friend or enemy   It’s common in ultra conservative fundy groups 

• Love 4
9 minutes ago, dariafan said:

But please tell me you stick your tongue out at them 🙂 

We weed books that have not circulated in the last 5 years.  I have those books highlighted and pull them as soon as I am able.  They may also end up in a stack in my office to help facilitate this.

• LOL 10
  • Love 3

I have been to one of the drag Queen Story hours. It was fun for both adults and kids!

I am giving Jill a pass on the children not having books. Most libraries require proof of residency in order for a library card to be issued. Perhaps, as it was her first time in the library, she didn't have the proper documentation. 

What I find sad is that presumably she never went to the library as a child. One would think that with such a large family, they would jump at the chance for free access to books. So strange.

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Didn't Anna take Mack (and maybe Michael?) to the library in a 19KAC episode?

I hate to say this but I THINK Anna is better at doing things with her kids.  She seems willing to travel with the kids and find some people to talk with. Explore a bit.

Anna might not be smarter or better educated but seems to be more comfortable around different people.  Maybe a natural skills she has?  her dad also runs a prison ministry and Anna said she led Bible studies?  (could be true? Could be an exaggeration?)

• Love 14
28 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I hate to say this but I THINK Anna is better at doing things with her kids.  She seems willing to travel with the kids and find some people to talk with. Explore a bit.

Anna might not be smarter or better educated but seems to be more comfortable around different people.  Maybe a natural skills she has?  her dad also runs a prison ministry and Anna said she led Bible studies?  (could be true? Could be an exaggeration?)

There’s no doubt in my mind that Anna is a much better mother than Jill.  Well, other than the fact that she remains married to, and continues to have babies with, a child molester. 😒

• Love 4
29 minutes ago, Marigold said:

As some of us have discussed, many homeschooling families utilize the library for their curriculum and social interaction.  We have programs and materials geared towards homeschoolers.  Anna probably went with her mother to the library to get books and to use the computers.  Given the time when she would have been in school, the homeschooling curriculum would not have been online yet, and home internet may have been too expensive for the Kellers.  Also, most public libraries especially in places like Arkansas and Florida do not have that many children's books that are completely against the Duggar world view.  Most of them have been published in the last 5 years.  It is very easy to ignore those books and get you kids interested in the hundreds of other books.  

• Love 4

Do the boys have any books or toys that aren't provided by Cathy? I know it's not uncommon for grandparents to pitch in with that sort of thing, but why do I get the feeling that Cathy buys this stuff because Jill wouldn't bother otherwise?

• Love 17

Yeah, nothing regarding education comes naturally to Jill. Cathy buys the books, Anna suggests the alphabet videos. I wonder how she discovered her homeschooling curriculum? She certainly didn't find it herself.

• Love 12
26 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

So a toy the boys love was sitting unused behind a mountain of junk? Typical Jill...

I question what took so long to clean out the garage? Neither of those idiots work! It could've been a family thing where the boys could've helped find their toys.

We are moving in 2 weeks and you can bet there aren't going to be any boxes laying around or a garage full of crap months after we are settled.

• Love 16
On 8/28/2019 at 12:03 AM, galaxychaser said:

Or if she goes out alone she will get assaulted or

she will get overcome by lust at the cashier in chick fil a and will jump his bones right there 

no it’s best to stay home where it’s safe

Home has not been safe for Jill either, a molesting sibling, food that must be sneaked into a bathroom to keep, a falling shower curtain rod in DA that terrified her. Are JBoob and Meechelle proud of themselves?

• Love 4

==I am giving Jill a pass on the children not having books. Most libraries require proof of residency in order for a library card to be issued. Perhaps, as it was her first time in the library, she didn't have the proper documentation. ==

They have lived somewhere or other the entire time Jill has been alive. It’s not the first time she has been a resident in ANY library district. Derick and his Mom would have known about them even if she didn’t. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

==I am giving Jill a pass on the children not having books. Most libraries require proof of residency in order for a library card to be issued. Perhaps, as it was her first time in the library, she didn't have the proper documentation. ==

They have lived somewhere or other the entire time Jill has been alive. It’s not the first time she has been a resident in ANY library district. Derick and his Mom would have known about them even if she didn’t. 

They lived in that rental for 2 years and should have established residency in that area.  I don't exactly know the policy of the library there, but I have not heard of a public library in the US which does not have some way for anyone local to get a library card.  There may be a fee attached to non-residents.  My library system gives a temporary card to anyone with a US ID, and a full library card to any resident of the state.  

• Love 7

Inner family shots fired!  Jessa posts pics/video of her boys helping her make pancakes.  Age appropriate, involving the kids, normal looking food, & making it look very non-stressed.  Included a "mom made these for us" story & a real recipe.   Makes Jillbilly look even more incompetent as a mother. 

Edited by Steff
  • LOL 3
  • Love 13
On 8/27/2019 at 2:28 PM, Westiepeach said:

Please tell me that wasn't the first time she took her kids to a library...

Probably the first time she took herself to a library.

On 8/27/2019 at 9:39 PM, galaxychaser said:

That library looks much nicer than the one near me 😞.

Also does Jill call everyone her friend? More like dear family friend. I think most of them will be aquantances at best.

"sweet" and "dear" friend is code for "like-minded" Jesus-approved people.

On 8/28/2019 at 1:27 PM, AnnaBaptist said:

I have been to one of the drag Queen Story hours. It was fun for both adults and kids!

I am giving Jill a pass on the children not having books. Most libraries require proof of residency in order for a library card to be issued. Perhaps, as it was her first time in the library, she didn't have the proper documentation. 

What I find sad is that presumably she never went to the library as a child. One would think that with such a large family, they would jump at the chance for free access to books. So strange.

Nope. JimBob and Michelle did everything in the power to completely control every aspect of their kids loves,  including (and especially) their exposure to ANY thought or idea contrary to their belief system.  They were not allowed to know anyone who believed differently. The library is LOADED with dangerous ideas. For example, when i was an adolescent and wanted to know EVERY DETAIL about sex, I went and sat in the stacks, reading Masters & Johnson. Michele would have an aneurism. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 9
19 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

You really cannot discount Michelle's inherent laziness when it comes to this issue.  I have many conservative Christians who may also homeschool that utilize my library.  I have seen the parents look over the books their child chose and have the final decision in checking the books out.  I have seen parents and guardians bring books back a day later because they looked over the books at home and decided they were inappropriate for their child.  All of this requires work which Michelle was unwilling to do.  

Work being the operative word and thus the obstacle.  Michelle doesn’t do “work”.  

• Love 9

Dillweed looks like a serial killer in those specs. 

I've been binging "Mindhunter" on Netflix about the FBI interviewing serial killers back in the 80's.  Dillweed would fit right in with them, wearing those huge-ass glasses.  Same look, same vibe. 

• LOL 6

I went to the store today, and one of the things i bought was Dillweed. I was giggling like crazy thinking about this thread. 

My kids love their power wheels. Bout time Jilly dragged herself away from whatever to actually get it out and charge it up so the boys could use it. Smh. I guess because we're military, move a lot, and don't stay long in one place, we've always had everything organized and the kids toys unpacked and out within a week or two of moving in. Jill is so lazy. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 21
4 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

I went to the store today, and one of the things i bought was Dillweed. I was giggling like crazy thinking about this thread. 

My kids love their power wheels. Bout time Jilly dragged herself away from whatever to actually get it out and charge it up so the boys could use it. Smh. I guess because we're military, move a lot, and don't stay long in one place, we've always had everything organized and the kids toys unpacked and out within a week or two of moving in. Jill is so lazy. 

Yup...military as well, and I can do "lazy" with the best (or worst) of them. But if there were ever any boxes still to be unpacked more than two weeks after  we moved, you can bet that they were those random bits and pieces which were going to be first out in the yard sale pile for the next move! 

• Love 13
6 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

You really cannot discount Michelle's inherent laziness when it comes to this issue.  I have many conservative Christians who may also homeschool that utilize my library.  I have seen the parents look over the books their child chose and have the final decision in checking the books out.  I have seen parents and guardians bring books back a day later because they looked over the books at home and decided they were inappropriate for their child.  All of this requires work which Michelle was unwilling to do.  

Also, Jill believes 100% that she was raised the best possible way. Her parents didn't take her to the library, so she shouldn't do that -- it MUST be wrong, or dangerous, right? I would guess that she went right home (to the TTH) to see if there was a Wisdom Booklet explaining why libraries are sinful (and I bet there is such a booklet).

Libraries are full of people who may or may not be true believers. They are full of books, and the kinds of people who read books. A child could pull a book off of a shelf and innocently by exposed to evil ideas -- science, evolution, mommies who work, etc. It's arguable the most dangerous place in town for keeping a closed Gothard mind good and closed.

• Love 5

What I see: A small child, playing in a driveway with a car parked, blocking the view of cars driving by, or another car pulling in. The bare feet on cement don’t seem to be a good idea, either. 

FEFF31FD-735D-4593-93DD-E74D80118DEE.jpeg

35 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Do we know she doesn't use sunscreen? They are both very fair skinned and don't particularly look sunburnt to me. 

Sun protection includes hats clothing and sunglasses

They may not be burnt right now, but fair skinned people don’t take long to burn, even with sunscreen 

I’m old and fairskinned, I know this from experience 

How often do we pictures of Izzy and same with hats and or glasses? 

Tortillas don’t count 

• LOL 10
  • Love 4
16 hours ago, Steff said:

Inner family shots fired!  Jessa posts pics/video of her boys helping her make pancakes.  Age appropriate, involving the kids, normal looking food, & making it look very non-stressed.  Included a "mom made these for us" story & a real recipe.   Makes Jillbilly look even more incompetent as a mother. 

Well that bar is set really really low 

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Jeeves said:

Running around the house and yard with bare feet is how I grew up. And we didn't have helmets in those days. Sure, he *could* roll out into the street but nothing about that picture suggests he's going to. 

that pic of Sam seemed completely normal to me. I have young grandsons and this is something they would try in their driveway.

I found it a positive they own a helmet that seems the right size for sam

• Love 24
19 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

that pic of Sam seemed completely normal to me. I have young grandsons and this is something they would try in their driveway.

I found it a positive they own a helmet that seems the right size for sam

also a positive said helmet was on Sam's head and not buried in a box in the garage

• Love 19
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

What I see: A small child, playing in a driveway with a car parked, blocking the view of cars driving by, or another car pulling in. The bare feet on cement don’t seem to be a good idea, either. 

FEFF31FD-735D-4593-93DD-E74D80118DEE.jpeg

I can find nothing wrong with what I see in this picture.  I also think it’s one of the best pictures I’ve ever seen her post, and I left a comment and told her that. (A first!!)

• Love 12