Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, sixlets said:

^^This^^.  It would never cross their minds that the beds/dressers need to be anchored to the wall and not just pushed into a corner.  We've seen pictures of the boys standing on rolling chairs and wobbly toy cars.  It wouldn't take much for either one of them to pull the furniture down on themselves.

Back in the day,  nothing was anchored or whatever.  Granted, every wood product was well made and we didn't have giant TVs to fall on us.

However, we survived our horrible, unsafe childhoods, because we were taught indoor v outdoor behavior, didn't live with a zillion toys scattered about, were taught to pick up and put away what we did have,  did not have dozens of outfits at a time and never used disposable plates and cutlery except at a picnic.

This family strikes me as way too typical of their peers.  

• Love 24
17 minutes ago, MichaelaRae said:

Or we died horribly and often through accidents that could have been prevented but we didn't know about it because we lacked the immediacy of global information that the Internet provides.

Well, the internet clearly isn't being used by the subjects of this thread  Their house always looks like a dangerous dump.  My point stands.  

• LOL 4
  • Love 5

If 1 or both boys does have an accident, she’s just going to film it and laugh.  Just like her mom. Michelle probably didn’t care if a howler got hurt, at that time she could just replace him with another 

• Love 4

If Jill Dill really isn't using birth control,shouldn't she be pregnant again by now? Obv. they are practicing some form,even if non hormonal.She was married bf Jessa,and she has 3.Time's a wastin'!

Really,if she's doing a 2 year wait after a c section,as advised,I commend her for that,.Fundies won't talk about it,but obv. even Anna spaced hers out.No c sections,but they're spaced,imo

13 minutes ago, sondraK said:

If Jill Dill really isn't using birth control,shouldn't she be pregnant again by now?

I honestly don't think that Jill is using any form of birth control. She and her siblings have been raised to believe that birth control is as sinful as abortion (not to mention that using birth control also causes miscarriages). Jill is one of the biggest Kool-Aid drinkers, very intent on replicating her mother's life. I can't believe that she'd risk eternal damnation by using birth control.

I think the reason she hasn't conceived a third child is simply because she and Derrick hardly ever have sex. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, Albanyguy said:

I honestly don't think that Jill is using any form of birth control. She and her siblings have been raised to believe that birth control is as sinful as abortion (not to mention that using birth control also causes miscarriages). Jill is one of the biggest Kool-Aid drinkers, very intent on replicating her mother's life. I can't believe that she'd risk eternal damnation by using birth control.

I think the reason she hasn't conceived a third child is simply because she and Derrick hardly ever have sex. 

And she didn't realize that her mother counting the days on the calendar actually had a purpose. 

Jill's probably conscientiously marking her calendar with giant Xs and curiously wonders what happened when her period comes. Lol

• LOL 3
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

D probably figured out when J is ovulating. On those days he is the library studying with Beckster. 

He probably doesn't have to do much figuring. I'm sure Jill has it posted in a public space, just like Michelle.

• LOL 3
  • Love 6

It’s so hard to find anything interesting to say about the Duggar’s.   They seem to have now become famous for being famous.   Sort of like a fundy Paris and Nicole. How long do you think it will take for the Duggar’s to follow them down to road to obscurity? 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
11 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

It’s so hard to find anything interesting to say about the Duggar’s.   They seem to have now become famous for being famous.   Sort of like a fundy Paris and Nicole. How long do you think it will take for the Duggar’s to follow them down to road to obscurity? 

Nicole was on an episode of “Grace and Frankie” a couple of seasons ago, playing an entitled rich girl. (Type casting or what?) She looked good. She could not act worth a damn.

I wonder if the next Fundie Family TLC unearths to make a new (exceedingly boring but cheaper to produce) show would have random Duggars as “guest stars.”

Because I don’t see this Counting On gig lasting too much longer. 

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 6
2 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Nicole was on an episode of “Grace and Frankie” a couple of seasons ago, playing an entitled rich girl. (Type casting or what?) She looked good. She could not act worth a damn.

I wonder if the next Fundie Family TLC unearths to make a new (exceedingly boring but cheaper to produce) show would have Duggar “guest stars.”

Because I don’t see this Counting On gig lasting too much longer. 

Really?? Nicole was on Grace and Frankie? Dang. Well I must have been high and missed it. *Pulls out my DVDS*

No way no HOW are these folks popping up as guest anything. Then again, they are huge hypocrites so who knows.

Jill and Derwood are miles and miles of bad ass road. They can't even act as themselves. 

• LOL 5
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, mythoughtis said:

Let’s hope really soon!!  Although I’d miss this forum if there was nothing left to snark on!

• Love 10
1 hour ago, FairyDusted said:

Really?? Nicole was on Grace and Frankie? Dang. Well I must have been high and missed it. *Pulls out my DVDS*

She was the pop singer who bought the beach house...RuPaul’s client.

As for not having the Duggars to snark on anymore...we will always have Derrick and the trapeze. Beige soup goop. “Yay!” Salad Dressing and Ranch. The Lama Sutra. And those are just some of the Dillard lowlights...

Snarkwise, the Duggars are the gift that keeps on giving.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 7
  • Love 7
On 8/9/2019 at 2:13 PM, Jeeves said:

I haven't really looked into the Arkansas AG's office particularly so I don't know what kind of summer intern/law clerk program they have. It could be large and well-organized, or kind of an afterthought that nobody in the office spends much effort on that doesn't involve many positions. I think summer intern or law clerk in an AG's office isn't a big prestige position to the extent that it matters whether you were a 1L or 2L. Although it's a good thing to have on a resume, and I'm sure there's a lot of interest in any positions like that among the law student body. 

Yep. Derick was wise not to post info about his jobs on SM. According to his LinkedIn profile, which IMO is the appropriate place to mention them, he did two brief successive summer law clerk jobs. The first was in the Federal Public Defender's Office, and the AG's office was the second. 

I'm glad I retired from my full time professional practice just a step ahead of the arrival of social media. I've dodged the issues that SM presents in today's working and professional world. Five years later in the cold light of the workday, the IG photos of drunk and half-naked scrums of college student partiers, must be un-amusing to those culling applicant resumes in a law firm. Hard-core political rants on SM, or SM wars of words over anything including religion, politics, or romance, will also be problematic. And you KNOW they check social media. Everybody checks social media. I checked SM when retaining a lawyer to write my will.

Personally, I'd put incessant duck-lip selfie posts somewhere on the spectrum of undesirability, so it's a good thing that I'm not in charge of hiring at any firms or companies. 😋 (BTW, yesterday I finished totally scrubbing my own Twitter feed. I'd quit using it much, and the world can live without the last five years' worth of my likes, comments, and retweets. I'm not closing the account because I find it very helpful for local breaking news, traffic conditions, etc.)

Maybe Derick's realized that his career path is not going to be as the next male version of Ann Coulter, so there's no margin in starting religious/political/personal flame wars on social media in which he can showcase his cutting wit and marvelous way with words. Instead, he seems to be knuckling down at being a law student and has gotten the "STFU" memo about professional development and social media use. 🤣

Twitter has been fantastic during local emergencies. I follow a ham radio guy who knew more about our fires/mudslides than our news reported. 

Derick as an Ann Coulter type is hilarious!  As trying as she is at least she has some sort of humor and has some experience outside the fundi bubble.

Hi from Łódź!

• Love 4
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Gems by Derick:

E2B30E5C-E42D-4088-8C79-EFBFD3C14830.jpeg

12A1EADF-791A-46C3-97DD-74457841000E.jpeg

Does he know about  Clownfish, for example, that are born male change from male to female when a female is needed for their coral?

Edited by CalicoKitty
extra letters
  • Useful 2
  • Love 9
On 8/9/2019 at 8:33 PM, ginger90 said:

446AF887-8439-4B52-80E9-19262633E8B7.jpeg

5A44BE07-BD7D-4B9B-807B-66BD30498D60.jpeg

382AF500-DA92-42B5-9BF8-C06042D53554.jpeg

This really made me laugh. I will never understand the "it's ok to watch a laptop" instead of a TV. I used to have a friend who did the same damn thing. She had a HUGE, HUGE TV, but they only used the computer as to keep in line with, 'we do not watch TV" . As if judged by others, she made this statement very frequently. She would watch all the regular TV stuff on her computer as would her kids. But, they still had cable so it wasn't like it was a $ issue. We don't talk anymore because, Jesus. (And I am Jewish, yet her family would try to Jesus me daily. Nope. Didn't work).

• LOL 8
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Fig Newton said:

This really made me laugh. I will never understand the "it's ok to watch a laptop" instead of a TV. I used to have a friend who did the same damn thing. She had a HUGE, HUGE TV, but they only used the computer as to keep in line with, 'we do not watch TV" . As if judged by others, she made this statement very frequently. She would watch all the regular TV stuff on her computer as would her kids. But, they still had cable so it wasn't like it was a $ issue. We don't talk anymore because, Jesus. (And I am Jewish, yet her family would try to Jesus me daily. Nope. Didn't work).

Maybe avoiding a poltergeist situation:)

• LOL 7
  • Love 1

Maybe they are afraid to use the tv because Izzy might learn to turn the tv on and then do so when Jill isn’t paying attention or is distracting Derick with lotion and pg sex games. They might find Izzy and Sammy watching a sinful movie like Mrs. Doubtfire or, God forbid, Will and Grace reruns. 

• LOL 12
  • Love 2
6 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Not even for free will I wear the clothes. Cucumber and pickle have ugly clothes.

This is a different company. One that didn't send her new clothes to promote their sale.

• Useful 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

3 pictures:

Those pants are an absolute abomination and the shirt is only marginally better. Did she nap in those clothes, and then roll down a hill? Why are her clothes several sizes too big and completely unflattering? She has absolutely no fashion sense, and no eye for what makes a good promotional photo. 

• LOL 3
  • Love 18
2 hours ago, EVS said:

Maybe they are afraid to use the tv because Izzy might learn to turn the tv on

Being that the TV is like 5 feet from the laptop, I am sure Izzy knows how to turn it on.   Why force everyone  to watch the small laptop screen with the crappy audio? 

• Love 10

If the pants were two sizes smaller and PRESSED, and the blouse was one size smaller, the outfit could be cute. If she had some statement jewelry and her hair in a side braid with neutral sandals she would look pulled together. A little mature (my 71 year old mom would wear it in the fall), but it would be pulled together, and stylish.

Why does she wear her clothes so oversized AND wrinkled to boot!! 

• Love 13

Didn't Jill and Jana use to make all the frumpywear of the Duggar clan once upon a time? One would think she'd be at least aware of the concept of hemming a pair of trousers.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

This. Why would she use the exact same bad photo she used to shill C&L clothes for a different company?

Didn't she say something like the blouse was already hers when she first posted the pictures (for C&L)?  Maybe she's now peddling the blouse for the new company. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

Why would she use the exact same bad photo she used to shill C&L clothes for a different company?

She was advertising the same place (juniperwhatever) both times. She mentions the owner as being a friend of her sister-in-law the first time (back in June).

• Love 7
12 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

She was advertising the same place (juniperwhatever) both times. She mentions the owner as being a friend of her sister-in-law the first time (back in June).

Thank you! This has never had anything to do with Poultry and Gizzards. This is the second time Jill has advertised for this company and the second time she used these clothes to do it.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
22 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

As for not having the Duggars to snark on anymore...we will always have Derrick and the trapeze. Beige soup goop. “Yay!” Salad Dressing and Ranch. The Lama Sutra. And those are just some of the Dillard lowlights...

Snarkwise, the Duggars are the gift that keeps on giving.

We can treasure those memories forever 💕❤️

Jill’s striped shirt looks humongous!

• LOL 1
  • Love 2

I can't imagine those pants inducing anyone to buy, frankly.  What did she "buy" - 1XL?  2XL?  You could so clearly fit two people's pairs of hips in there; and yes, the hem looks ridiculous also.  Nothing like buying clothes intended to look "nice" and last; and then you discover you've shredded the hems to bits underneath your heels 6 weeks later.

• Love 6
11 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Those pants are an absolute abomination and the shirt is only marginally better. Did she nap in those clothes, and then roll down a hill? Why are her clothes several sizes too big and completely unflattering? She has absolutely no fashion sense, and no eye for what makes a good promotional photo. 

That and why did she pick standing on a cracked concrete driveway or parking lot with a ditch in the background for her picture?  Surely, there was a tree or grass around she could have stood by?  I think that is what bugs me the most is that she puts no effort into planning these photos and I would guess that there are lots of articles out there telling you how to set up a good promotional photo.

• Love 11
39 minutes ago, skipnjump said:

That and why did she pick standing on a cracked concrete driveway or parking lot with a ditch in the background for her picture?  Surely, there was a tree or grass around she could have stood by?  I think that is what bugs me the most is that she puts no effort into planning these photos and I would guess that there are lots of articles out there telling you how to set up a good promotional photo.

She posted a picture wearing C & L a while back and the company even responded to her post saying, wear right out of the box, don't even iron. Jill is just clueless.

Great shot Jill!  NOT!  I wonder if all those clothes companies with the same low quality clothes are really the same company importing such as XYZ importers and they have sub companies like Poultry and Feed, Pancakes and Syrup, etc to create some kind of competition?  Like the big conglomerate mother companies make several different brands of things. I know for sewing machines Brother and Babylock are made in the same factories and just change the labeling and on some machines a few features or give different accessories in the box. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, lookeyloo said:

Great shot Jill!  NOT!  I wonder if all those clothes companies with the same low quality clothes are really the same company importing such as XYZ importers and they have sub companies like Poultry and Feed, Pancakes and Syrup, etc to create some kind of competition?  Like the big conglomerate mother companies make several different brands of things. I know for sewing machines Brother and Babylock are made in the same factories and just change the labeling and on some machines a few features or give different accessories in the box. 

I believe they all are.  Cousin Amy, Citrus and Lemon, and whatever other boutique she is shilling all buy their clothes wholesale from factories in China.  These designs are also ripped off from somewhere else on the web and then produced wholesale in China where intellectual property laws are different.  Then each boutique decides what to price the items in order to cover costs and generate revenue.  I get the suspicion that Citrus and Lemon can submit some designs to make it "theirs" but the vast majority of their offerings are designed by the factory.  Many local boutiques in college towns offer the same clothes, just with differing price tags.  

• Useful 2
  • Love 7