Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

It bugs me that Sammy is in the backseat gnawing on a hot dog on a stick. I remember being told that hotdogs are a big choking hazard for toddlers. 

Sammy should have close supervision eating a choking hazard, on a pointy stick, no less. Jill and Derick are too busy"dating" to pay much attention to the boys eating in the backseat. 

Do they even know child CPR and the Heimlich manuever?

• Love 8
25 minutes ago, louannems said:

It bugs me that Sammy is in the backseat gnawing on a hot dog on a stick. I remember being told that hotdogs are a big choking hazard for toddlers. 

Sammy should have close supervision eating a choking hazard, on a pointy stick, no less. Jill and Derick are too busy"dating" to pay much attention to the boys eating in the backseat. 

I guess I was a bad mother and am a bad grandmother because I never took CPR or Heimlich training.  What bothers me most about them is their awful beliefs and they try to impose them on everyone. Not the size of their house or her decorating. It would be nice to see pillow cases and clean bedding but that is the least of the worries for those doomed children. 

• Love 12
23 minutes ago, louannems said:

They really are the poster children for why courting and not using birth control sucks. It's sad, because Jill and Derick both had better personalities, and had some chemistry, back in the day. I still think they're a mismatch, but I could see things ending up waaaay better if they hadn't gotten pregnant two seconds into their marriage. If they had dated longer, or even waited a few years for kids, I could see them being in a much better place. I could even see them doing way better in danger America without Jill having the extra burden of not just staying safe, but keeping her baby safe. 

Not that Jinger and Jeremy are the picture of a healthy marriage, but they were smart to wait a year to conceive. Can you imagine the dumpster fire that their marriage would be if they'd conceived when Jinger was still praising baaaabe for making coffee?

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Heathen said:

Jill is following her idiot parents' example. Parents first, kids dead last. 

I have no doubt that Jill is an emotionally distant mother because her own mother was emotionally distant and Jill thinks that's how mothers are supposed to act.

• Love 12

I watched the house tour

I would have tidied up first

Izzy is too big for a toddler bed 😢😢😢

I don’t think there is a ‘need’ for the boys to have a playroom, I like my kids playing in common areas so I can join in with them when I’m doing things

I assume the boys are in the small room with the biggest wardrobe because they keep the boys toys in there, we know they have toys we saw them at the old house .

I like that there are books for the boys 

I can’t snark on the size of the house, even though we have a large home, I really do pine for my tiny home we used to have.

I desperately want to get rid of all the ‘stuff’ on the benches in the kitchen, how can anyone cook like that .. oh wait 

• LOL 1
  • Love 6

If they wanted the boys to share a room, they should have gone with a three bedroom plan. What probably happens is that they take that back bedroom in a three bedroom and split it into two to make a four bedroom. 

Even without a fence, they need to get a swing set. They live in Arkansas and can be outside a huge amount of the year. They’ve got a pretty good size yard.  They need to use it. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, PradaKitty said:

Who were Jill’s “buddies” in the tinkertoy house? Do they show any psychological problems having been raised by Jill? 

(Just looking out for Izzy and Sammy). 

The only thing I will ever give Jill credit for is how well she did with her buddy team. They all seemed to be absolutely gutted when she moved out but she seems to regularly schedule hangouts with them. They seem to have the most authentic sibling relationships amongst the Duggar clan.  It’s wild because I thought she would be the best mom based on how she cared for Joy, James, and Jenny but  bonding with her own kids didn’t seem to come as naturally. 

• Love 10
22 hours ago, Marigold said:

Is anyone readying Cathy's book???

I love to read and will most definitely read the book. I'm freakishly interested.  😀  I mean, we all know what it will say but I can't help myself. 

I guess I will be giving a book report if anything snark-worthy shows up. 🤣

Ooh, thanks for taking one for the team!  Can’t wait to read your report and analysis!  

13 hours ago, lulu69 said:

Considering Jill's parents crammed 15 kids into a house with similar square footage I bet Jill thinks Iz and Sam are spoiled to have the whole bedroom to themselves. Remember, in the very first Duggar house each kid didn't even have a bed. 

Frankly, I'm suprised Jill doesn't make Iz and Sam sleep in a closet.

I don’t remember the old days- they didn’t have enough space to sleep?  

• Love 1

I agree the house has the potential to be nice, but Jill's "style" is so devoid of warmth. If you add up the total of all the random crap cluttering the rooms and the garage, they could've paid for decent furniture and bedding for the boys. 

• Love 16
12 hours ago, Christina87 said:

THIS. I was wondering the exact same thing! I've lived on my own for almost a decade, and have acquired nowhere near that much junk!

We must remember, she was raised by JBoob. He doesn't seem to throw anything away. Just fill all the out buildings.

• Love 4
6 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

She also has comments turned off on the YouTube video.

Not to defend Jill, but YT disabled comments on all videos/vlogs that feature minors. It wasn't Jill turning them off. 

I think their house is ok for what they could afford, as a starter home. And I'm no great housekeeper either. My house isn't really dirty, just a bit cluttered. But you can be sure that if I was doing a video house tour, I would have straightened it up before hand, or kept certain areas out of the video, like the laundry room. Just say what's behind the door. We can all imagine what a laundry room looks like. 

I agree with others, if they boys are gonna share, give them a bigger room, with room to play. Or make the "guest room" Sam or Izzy's room and put the blow up mattress out only when a guest is staying over. With proper bedding.

Izzy could nap in his own bed if he had his own room. He should be ready for a bigger bed by now surely!

• Useful 3
  • Love 10
10 minutes ago, christine falls said:

I think their house is ok for what they could afford, as a starter home. And I'm no great housekeeper either. My house isn't really dirty, just a bit cluttered. But you can be sure that if I was doing a video house tour, I would have straightened it up before hand, or kept certain areas out of the video, like the laundry room.

I agree. My laundry room looks like that a lot of the time. But, I would never do a video house tour and show it that way! 

• Love 5
(edited)

I don't know how to screen shot, but here are some funny replies to Derick's posting of the house tour video (on Twitter):

Replying to @derickmdillard

With out a job. How do you , afford a house. Tell that bitch to clean the house.

More

Jimbob must pay for it. Hey derick does jimbob keep your balls at his house? Or are they in Jill's purse?

Edited by luvbadtv
  • LOL 19
  • Love 4
17 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Fifty shades of grey just like her food.

Yep, my mind went there as typically "Fifty Shades of Grey" and anything Duggar would not seem to fit together. But, you set the scene. 😉

Maybe J and D watch the "Fifty Shades" movies and pull out their lotions and potions to re-enact the steamier scenes? I am gonna have to watch this video again and take a closer look. Who knows- we might find blindfolds and leather/spandex outfits, whips, gags etc. lurking beneath the clutter and filth.

Fifty Shades starring Jill-do (as in doe, not do)  and Derdick.

• LOL 7
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, Steff said:

congrats!  I got blocked last week. 

Her blocking any dissenters makes sooooo much sense!!! I was looking at the comment section of the video, and 99% of the comments were like, "Jill, ignore the haters and keep doing you. They're just mean people to be so negative." But I scrolled down and was like...where are the negative comments? All these people had their panties in a wad about them, but they didn't  seem to exist!

I agree with whoever upthread said that Jill just doesn't "see" clutter. I would sooner die than let anyone see my house looking like that, but she seems to think it is finally good enough to show the public! Seriously? And what "organizers" are going to help that closet? I do think we all have our blind spots. One of my weak areas as a teacher was literally not seeing small misbehaviors, and I just didn't understand how some people were naturally good at this. Given, my classroom, as a chorus classroom, was probably 3 times as wide as a normal classroom, so it WAS hard to see what went on around the edges, just due to basic anatomy. But I would see cheetos on the floor, or I'd take a video and look back and notice that kid XYZ was squirming crazily the whole time, but I just flat out didn't see it! I was better at spotting phones, because they'd shine a light in the kid's face, but they'd get sneaky sometimes and lie down behind the chairs on their phones, and I didn't notice until I either walked back there, or someone told me. It's not unusual to have an empty seat, so that alone didn't clue me in...but the fact of the matter is, no one would have dared to do that back when I was in school! Anyway, this is how I imagine Jill to be with clutter. Maybe she just legitimately doesn't see it. However, I would do a GOOD walk through before putting my home online for the world to see, or at least get someone else to come tell me what I needed to clean up. Overall, I'm glad I have the blind spot I do, because it's very specific to that situation, while Jill will always live in a house somewhere, and it will always be cluttered. 

• Love 5
1 minute ago, kokapetl said:

Derick’s teeth and Jinger’s hair. It’s going to be such a ratings bonanza. 

Fixed it for ya. Derick is persona non grata at TLC and off the show as of several months ago at least.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Sounds like it would be up to Cathy to get Izzy a bigger bed.

My son and daughter both weigh 50 lbs. They are 8 1/2  and 6 1/2 years old, respectively. Izzy just turned four. Unless he is a huge four-year-old, he should have plenty of time left in that bed. My boy is average height, clinically underweight (13th percentile), and my girl is a average for both height and weight. 

• Useful 4

::cough,  cough::  My granddaughter who will be five in less than two months is still sleeping fine in her crib conversion bed and will still be in it until she's at least six.  She loves that bed and won't be ready to part with it until we find something she's just as happy with.  She fits in it with plenty of room to spare.  Izzy may be happy with his bed and loathe to give it up.  

• Love 7
25 minutes ago, Absolom said:

::cough,  cough::  My granddaughter who will be five in less than two months is still sleeping fine in her crib conversion bed and will still be in it until she's at least six.  She loves that bed and won't be ready to part with it until we find something she's just as happy with.  She fits in it with plenty of room to spare.  Izzy may be happy with his bed and loathe to give it up.  

I can see Izzy being attached to his bed since it is something special his grandma gave him.  I suspect that Izzy does not get that much special attention with his parents and they strike me as the type where the boys share toys.  That bed is his and he does not have to share it with Sam.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
(edited)
28 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I can see Izzy being attached to his bed since it is something special his grandma gave him.  I suspect that Izzy does not get that much special attention with his parents and they strike me as the type where the boys share toys.  That bed is his and he does not have to share it with Sam.  

I've always felt that Cathy was the only one who gave izzy any positive attention at all. I feel like the family has this weird dynamic where Jill and Derick resent izzy for interrupting their honeymoon, while on the other hand, Cathy views izzy as her long-awaited, super special first grandchild! I can really see teenage izzy being one of those kids who feels a strong bond with his grandmother, and prefers her to his own parents. Especially if Jill and Derick have several more kids (God no!), I can imagine izzy coming home from college and staying with Cathy during his breaks, not his parents. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 13
1 minute ago, Christina87 said:

I've always felt that Cathy was the only one who gave izzy any positive attention at all. I feel like the family has this weird dynamic where Jill and Derick resent izzy for interrupting their honeymoon, while on the other hand, Cathy views izzy as her long-awaited, super special first grandchild! I can really see teenage izzy being one of those kids who feels a strong bond with his grandmother, and prefers her to his own parents. Especially if Jill and Derick have several more kids (God no!), I can imagine izzy coming home from college and staying with Cathy during his breaks, not his parents. 

College?  We can only hope!!!!

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
3 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I love your optimism, but I suspect that Izzy won’t be going to college.  With Jill as his teacher he’ll do well to pass the GED. 😢

• Love 3
22 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I guess I was a bad mother and am a bad grandmother because I never took CPR or Heimlich training.  What bothers me most about them is their awful beliefs and they try to impose them on everyone. Not the size of their house or her decorating. It would be nice to see pillow cases and clean bedding but that is the least of the worries for those doomed children. 

I can't imagine thinking my only reason to exist is to be a warrior for God: know the drills, follow orders, obey your superiors, fall in place, don't ask questions, answer instantly, be ready to sacrifice yourself. It's a childhood designed around basic training (or a plantation). And this is what they expect everyone else to willingly sign up for? 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

I can't imagine thinking my only reason to exist is to be a warrior for God: know the drills, follow orders, obey your superiors, fall in place, don't ask questions, answer instantly, be ready to sacrifice yourself. It's a childhood designed around basic training (or a plantation). And this is what they expect everyone else to willingly sign up for? 

That’s what irritates me about these people. Not her beige walls or food which are not for me but that is the least of their odious issues. 

• Love 5

I just watched the home tour video, expecting chaos based on the forum comments.  It really wasn't that bad.  Yes, the kids' sleeping room is small but not every kid in the world has their own room.  I'm not a huge fan of the color scheme, but the house looks likes a young family lives there.  There are toys everywhere and laundry waiting to be done.  I currently have a pile of laundry in my bedroom and a few towels on my laundry room floor.  It looks clean enough if a bit cluttered. I'm trying to live minimally but have failed miserably.  I like books on my coffee table. I have bills on my desk along with more books.  I have craft projects waiting to be finished.  It looks like people live in that house.  Yes, I would love for her to plant some flowers and install a small garden.  But there were BOOKS for the kids.  She has books in several rooms of the house.  I'm sure she never grew up with books, so I'm happy to see things like that in her house.

There are many reasons to dislike this family.  Their views are abhorrent. But I'm cutting Jill slack here.  Some people are more naturally cluttered than others.  And most people with young kids struggling with containing it.

• Love 19
(edited)

I can see why the boys don’t have Dereks office, it’s way to near the front door maybe Izzy can open it and they're worried he’d escape. Still that room could’ve been the guest bedroom, the actual guest bedroom could’ve been the boys room and the boys room now could be Dereks office. Also if they insist on the kids having the box room they need to get rid of the chair and footstool. It’s their house though so whatever. 

Edited by Puffin
  • Love 3

There’s nothing wrong with the house, but it’s super basic. Homes like that are a dime a dozen these days. I see all these new builds in sub divisions and occasionally look them up to see what they look like inside, and they all are like this. Super generic and small,  4 bedrooms in about 1,800 sq ft.

Which is fine, nothing wrong with wanting or having a home like that, but it really did not necessitate a tour.  I’m sure Jill can’t adjust to not having everything about their life available for public consumption. 

• Love 9
(edited)
1 minute ago, Dirndl said:

I just conversed 1800 sq ft into meters and was surprised that in the US 167 m2 is considered a small house! The typical German house has 150 m2 and I see many new houses with only about 135 m2. Maybe that's why Jill's house didn't seem small to me, I just didn't like the floor plan. And she should really take out the huge chair and maybe put in a smaller chest of drawers in the boys' room.

I also didn't think her house was too cluttered for a normal day. However, if I wanted to take a video to broadcast my brand new house to the world, I would have tidied it up and probably cleaned for a week.

Interesting observations about house sizes in Europe vs. the US. Where our average home size has ballooned over the years. I bought a house 30 years ago in which a family of parents + 3 kids had lived while the kids were growing up in the 1940s and 1950s. A friend came over to visit and commented on how small it was, and I was living there alone, lol! It was more than spacious enough for me.

I agree, Jill's house wasn't a dire mess, but it wasn't ready to be videoed and shared with the public. A bit of tidying and cleaning would have gone a long way. I think that Derick's office is in the best room for a home office, right at the front of the house, and I think the harp is in there because the room has the childproof knob on the door, and the harp is less likely to be damaged by kids horsing around than if it were elsewhere in the house.

The worst thing IMO was the lack of a sheet on the airbed mattress where, apparently, Izzy regularly naps. Ick.

Edited by Jeeves
I spilled coffee on my keyboard and in cleaning it up I accidentally posted before I could write anything
  • Love 13
32 minutes ago, Dirndl said:

I just conversed 1800 sq ft into meters and was surprised that in the US 167 m2 is considered a small house! The typical German house has 150 m2 and I see many new houses with only about 135 m2. Maybe that's why Jill's house didn't seem small to me, I just didn't like the floor plan. And she should really take out the huge chair and maybe put in a smaller chest of drawers in the boys' room.

I also didn't think her house was too cluttered for a normal day. However, if I wanted to take a video to broadcast my brand new house to the world, I would have tidied it up and probably cleaned for a week.

The home feels small because the floor plan sucks.  1800 square feet is a good sized home for a family of 4, but it doesn't seem to be usable square footage.  The living room and kitchen are small for a 4 bedroom house, and the master bedroom eats up a lot of the square footage.  I actually hate the trend of massive master bedrooms that is now prevalent in American homes.  

I was curious and looked up the dimensions of the house I grew up in Ohio.  Zillow has it listed as 1700 square feet and that home had 4 bedrooms, a living room, a dining room and a family room, plus a full basement which I don't think is included in the 1700.  But it did not have huge walk in closets and a spacious master bathroom.  

• Love 4
(edited)
45 minutes ago, Dirndl said:

It’s on the smaller side to have four bedrooms, but I’ve seen it more and more in recent years. Jill’s house is pretty much what all new, lower end homes are these days.

In the late 90’s-early 2000’s homes were built obnoxiously large, with master suites that had separate seating areas, a living room, family room and a separate game/movie room, and obviously each bedroom would have its own bath and walk in closet. Then the housing market crashed and people realized they didn’t need a living room in their bedroom. Now new builds, unless custom or in a high end area, tend to be less than 2,000 sf.  Some people are still into the ridiculously large homes, and then there’s the tiny house fad. 

Compared to Jill and Derek’s first home, this is very small. How different would their lives be if they had just stayed there and DDD kept his Walmart job? 

Edited by Trillium
  • Useful 3
  • Love 9

Jill and Derick's house is 1470 sq ft so that's why the rooms seem small for an 1800 sq ft house.  

I kept a copy of the floor plans for their house and a couple others in that development.  

• Useful 9
  • Love 4
(edited)
5 hours ago, hathorlive said:

I just watched the home tour video, expecting chaos based on the forum comments.  It really wasn't that bad.  Yes, the kids' sleeping room is small but not every kid in the world has their own room.  I'm not a huge fan of the color scheme, but the house looks likes a young family lives there.  There are toys everywhere and laundry waiting to be done.  I currently have a pile of laundry in my bedroom and a few towels on my laundry room floor.  It looks clean enough if a bit cluttered. I'm trying to live minimally but have failed miserably.  I like books on my coffee table. I have bills on my desk along with more books.  I have craft projects waiting to be finished.  It looks like people live in that house.  Yes, I would love for her to plant some flowers and install a small garden.  But there were BOOKS for the kids.  She has books in several rooms of the house.  I'm sure she never grew up with books, so I'm happy to see things like that in her house.

There are many reasons to dislike this family.  Their views are abhorrent. But I'm cutting Jill slack here.  Some people are more naturally cluttered than others.  And most people with young kids struggling with containing it.

My bedroom and bathroom are always a cluttered mess. Too many clothes and too much make up, but it is what it is. The difference between us and Jill is we have better sense than to film the clutter for the world to see.  That’s because we are aware of the mess even if we aren’t capable or willing to clean it up.  Jill doesn’t really seem to see the mess.  Yes, life with kids can be messy.  But there are plenty of parents with young children who keep a tidy home.  And they’re not all neurotic.  She’s just a damned clutter monkey who spends all her damned time shilling Taiwanese sweat shop knock offs on Instagram, and obsessing and lusting over her skinny, hateful husband.  This heifer needs to readjust her priorities and purge a lot of that mess.  

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • LOL 5
  • Love 12

My house is a cluttered disaster cause I am a messy person... but I also not deciding to film a tour of it.  I think Jill is starting to feel that people won’t give her a pass on everything anymore and she’s not used to the negative comments   She needs to get one of her sisters to help photograph and stage her pictures if she truly wants to make a go of it.  It can’t be an “ oh hey I just got these clothes I have to take the picture right now “.   She doesn’t seem to plan well 

• Love 22

I have a LOT of stuff and have managed to fill a three bedroom two bath home - and I live by myself. However, my home is neither cluttered, nor messy. My car lives in the garage with room to spare and there is a place for everything. My closets are tidy (and I have a LOT of clothes), and my backyard has plants and a water feature. My deck is an oasis. My house could most likely be filmed at any time. BECAUSE IT IS ORGANIZED! 

• Love 15
On 7/9/2019 at 5:46 PM, louannems said:

Dim Jill was only a child herself while raising her three sibs.  She was not able to instill any curiosity or brightness in them, but Jill did manage to forage a deep bond with them.

Jenny sobbed pitiously when Jill left for DA. Jill did several fun things together with her buddy group even after marriage.

She seems unable to bond as well with her own kids, especially Izzy.

Yes. I know Jill has the emotional capacity to be very loving and kind to others. Joy, James and Jenny love her deeply and I can tell she loves them. I have NO IDEA what went wrong with her own kids. I agree that they seem to resent Izzy and I cannot understand why- I’ve seen this behavior from parents to are angry over their child’s sex, disability or skin color(and resent the child)-but none of those situations apply here*, I just don’t get it. 

*Im not excusing those who mistreat or resent their own children for ANY reason, I’m just saying those are the situations I’ve seen it happen.

• Love 7
(edited)

Jenny crying before Jill left for Danger America while pretty much everyone in the room stood there awkwardly ignoring her was another one of those WTF moments for me when I first stumbled across footage of the Duggars. Right up there with Jessa ignoring Jill crying on national TV. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 3
1 minute ago, Zella said:

Jenny crying before Jill left for Danger America while pretty much everyone in the room stood there awkwardly ignoring her was another one of those WTF moments for me when I first stumbled across footage of the Duggars. Right up there with Jessa ignoring Jill crying on national TV. 

I think when Anna was giving birth to Michael (he’s the second eldest?) Jill left Jenny to attend the birth and Jenny cried “DILL, DILL, DILL!!!” And was just sobbing. Michelle was leaving too and she couldn’t care less. 

Jill's house is plenty big enough for the 4 of them. I've got friends with 2 kids that have lived in 1240 Sq feet and 550 Sq feet. But since her house is so cluttered, it makes it seem smaller. And, as another poster said, the master is big and the other bedrooms are small, as is average with new builds nowadays. 

• Love 7

Jill was more like the fun aunt with her buddy group. She didn't have to house them, buy their food or clothes and she wasn't solely responsible for raising them to be good Christians. She also had about eleventy billion other folks to pass them off to. She could sleep late, shower and hide away in her room if she wanted to.

Jill was a sister-mom and now she's a mom. She's parenting much like her mother did and spouting the same shit to her kids that her mother did.

Cathy seems to be the fun grandma, but she's bat shit crazy too. 

Maybe, just maybe, Jill and the boys will meet some neighbors and Jill can get exposed to more typical parenting. (and housekeeping) 

Jill's house makes little sense to me. Four bedrooms usually means a family of 6 or more. The gathering spaces, meaning the living room and eat-in kitchen are rather small for a family of six. I'd rather have larger gathering areas and smaller or fewer bedrooms.

But Jill's 12. She probably still spends a fair amount of time hanging in her room.

• Love 16

I agree that Jill and Derdick seem resentful of Izzy, but they seem warmer towards Sam.  I have no idea why that would be.  Izzy seems to have become quite needy and that can be annoying, but he seems kindly disposed towards Sam and other children.  I wish they could nurture his good qualities and then maybe the neediness would go away.  He seems like a bright, little boy.  Whenever I watch a Dullard video, I feel sad for him.  😢  I do think Cathy genuinely cares for him and I hope he feels the unconditional love from her.  Even if she is nutty!  

• Love 20