Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I’m thinking that Jill uses the air mattress as an incentive for Izzy to take a nap.

And since it's in another room, maybe Sam doesn't bother him while he naps. Close the door and Sam can do whatever and not wake Yaay. 

• Love 5
4 hours ago, JoanArc said:

"So Derick can Jack It in peace."

To Becky in the third row?

1 hour ago, BetyBee said:

Derdick's "office" - bet he's always in there, whenever he's home.

It had a child lock on it, so that is probably where Jill goes to practice the art of lotion seduction on Derick.

• LOL 15
(edited)
4 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

It had a child lock on it, so that is probably where Jill goes to practice the art of lotion seduction on Derick.

🤮🤮🤮x100 

come here d darling let me lick your moldy pits clean

Edited by galaxychaser
  • LOL 3
  • Love 1
5 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

I really doubt Jill is any more welcome in Derick's private office than the kids are. He probably waits until she's asleep to go to bed. 

• Love 8
18 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

IIRC Jill said when showing the guest room that Izzy takes naps in there. The air bed had some messy bedding on it that looked kid sized to me.

I didn't see any bedding on that air mattress. It's just like home (the TTH) and no one even thinks of putting a sheet on a bed. 

What the hell does Jill do all day? She doesn't clean her house; she dumps some starch and some soup in a crock-pot for dinner; she barely acknowledges her kids; she doesn't have a TV; she doesn't read. As far as I can tell, she dumps her kids off somewhere and follows Derick around.

• Love 4

Is anyone readying Cathy's book???

I love to read and will most definitely read the book. I'm freakishly interested.  😀  I mean, we all know what it will say but I can't help myself. 

I guess I will be giving a book report if anything snark-worthy shows up. 🤣

• LOL 12
  • Love 9
5 minutes ago, Marigold said:

I love to read and will most definitely read the book. I'm freakishly interested.  😀  I mean, we all know what it will say but I can't help myself. 

So we should be hearing from you in ten pages or so...😁

• Useful 1
  • LOL 18
  • Love 1
9 minutes ago, Marigold said:

For free yes. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 1

Jill's house is messy. It's depressing too. No need for it to still be disorganized. She has no job, hardly cooks, no excuse for it to still be in this state. They seem to have lots of junk around.

Yes, that 4 bedroom house is small; hardly any living space; no dining room, just an eat in kitchen. No need for DDD to have a LARGE study. The smallest bedroom would have been a better choice. Why does Jill have that ginormous chair and ottoman in her childrens' room? They need proper beds and are cramped in there, no furniture for them???? Even her shower curtain is a bland gray.I'd want to kill myself if I had to live in that house, such an awful vibe there.

Poor Izzy, he just wants to be loved. I noticed that Jill speaks to him like a cold headmistress in a far away boarding school. He just wants to loved and be a KID. He absolutely needs to go to prekindergarten with other children in a brick and mortar school. He is a bored, under stimulated child. So sad for him. He would thrive in a better household with loving, normal parents. 

Jill should be ashamed of herself for giving a TOUR of her house in that state. Clean up, girl. No need to go out and buy expensive 'organizers' to be neat. I'm sure those 'organizers' will be unorganized in no time at all. 

GET RID OF DEAD FLOWERS IN YOUR HOUSE...they add nothing but a place for dust to collect, not that you will ever notice and DUST UP THERE.

• Love 22

I can't believe how messy & junky that house is & they haven't been in it for that long.  It  looks like it's filled with nothing but leftover yard sale fodder that no one else wanted. (No offense to yard sale or thrift store people. I'm one myself.)  What happened to all their wedding gifts?  Jill is more concerned about sticky notes & her modeling career than keeping her brand new house picked up &  looking nice especially when  giving the world a tour.    

She needs  house tour lessons from the Bates girls.  We could have done without  "make good choices Israel" & "yes ma'am, Mommy"  in the middle of the living room segment.

Hoping that Cathy will treat the boys to a nice swing set. That back yard desparately needs some foliage --  trees & bushes as well as a garden. (Jana, where are you?) 

• Love 21
8 hours ago, Misslindsey said:

I saw a bunch of lotions on her dresser.

• LOL 18
  • Love 1
(edited)
8 hours ago, Jeeves said:

IIRC Jill said when showing the guest room that Izzy takes naps in there. The air bed had some messy bedding on it that looked kid sized to me.

7 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I didn't see any bedding on that air mattress. It's just like home (the TTH) and no one even thinks of putting a sheet on a bed. 

They don't have a bottom sheet on the air bed (yuk). As she opened the door Jill described the room as guest room, and Izzy's nap room, and I think storage.

Here's a screen shot of the kid-looking bedding that's on top of the mattress.

Really, Jill, how hard could it be to put a fitted sheet on that airbed? And even - radical idea! - a mattress protector under the fitted sheet? 

Screen-Shot-2019-07-09-at-5.49.48-AM.jpg

There's a stuffed animal and some kind of kiddie drinking cup on the bed. 

I'm the first to admit I'm not a great housekeeper. But I'd die if anyone posted a video tour of my house in a messy state - and I'd never do it myself. 

Jill really is a mess. There's something sweet about her personality, and as we know she's more open and friendly to strangers than Jessa. I'm sorry she married an uptight judgmental nutjob instead of a more laid back, easygoing guy. Thinking about it that way it's almost tragic.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 23

She did mention early in the “tour” that her sisters came over and helped. Doing what, it’s hard to see any evidence of. I too was depressed watching this. Such a mess, no color and clutter everywhere. Yuck. No wonder Derelict isn’t around. Funny how the door to his office was the one with the child proof handle. How about the laundry room where the cleaning supplies were at toddler level? 

• Love 17
On 7/7/2019 at 6:51 PM, PradaKitty said:

Derrick, how does one DO college? I WENT to college. I GRADUATED from college. I also went to and graduated from law school. I never DID college or law school. You’re going to need to work on your delivery for moot court, pal. 

I completely agree with you but I also have no doubt that Derrick will never, ever see the inside of a court room unless he's testifying for something.  There is no way in hell (sorry fundies, I meant heckness) he's going to do anything that would even remotely be near a trial lawyer path.  My money is on him becoming an Accounting Lawyer and trying to work for a large or mega church doing their taxes, audits, tracking tithe's maybe even some investing.  Second career guess is he goes on the other side and does the same work but for clients in a firm or organization (a christian one of course).  It plays into his past training and the limited work he did for Walmart; except that you have to be a CPA to go the accountant lawyer route and I'm pretty sure Derrick never took the exam or more likely tried and failed.  He still has the JD schooling to get through, then the Bar exam hurdle so the CPA exam might be far, far on the horizon if that is the career path he's going for.  And, of course, there's the widely held belief that he did actually fail the CPA exam before, possibly more than once which makes us wonder if things have changed or if the Bar exam is going to be his downfall too.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
35 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

She did mention early in the “tour” that her sisters came over and helped. Doing what, it’s hard to see any evidence of. I too was depressed watching this. Such a mess, no color and clutter everywhere. Yuck. No wonder Derelict isn’t around. Funny how the door to his office was the one with the child proof handle. How about the laundry room where the cleaning supplies were at toddler level? 

If the sisters came over and helped I presume they helped decorate Dereks office, that’s the only room that looks nice. Also they should just give Israel the guest room and put a bed in there seeing as he naps in there anyway. The room that him and Sam share is tiny.

• Love 6
8 minutes ago, sigmaforce86 said:

I completely agree with you but I also have no doubt that Derrick will never, ever see the inside of a court room unless he's testifying for something.  There is no way in hell (sorry fundies, I meant heckness) he's going to do anything that would even remotely be near a trial lawyer path.  My money is on him becoming an Accounting Lawyer and trying to work for a large or mega church doing their taxes, audits, tracking tithe's maybe even some investing.  Second career guess is he goes on the other side and does the same work but for clients in a firm or organization (a christian one of course).  It plays into his past training and the limited work he did for Walmart; except that you have to be a CPA to go the accountant lawyer route and I'm pretty sure Derrick never took the exam or more likely tried and failed.  He still has the JD schooling to get through, then the Bar exam hurdle so the CPA exam might be far, far on the horizon if that is the career path he's going for.  And, of course, there's the widely held belief that he did actually fail the CPA exam before, possibly more than once which makes us wonder if things have changed or if the Bar exam is going to be his downfall too.

He's going to be locked in his home office for the next ten years and possibly come out with nothing to show.

Derick's head became filled with fantasies about marrying this girl from a semi-famous fundamentalist family, giving up a boring low-level accounting job,  and recreating his time as a "missionary" in a faraway country, a time he probably enjoyed. This time he could be a real missionary without having to guide tours to make a living. Unfortunately, he didn't recognize how ill-prepared Jill was to be the partner of his dreams. She has tried, but the art of keeping sweet alone is not enough to move ahead in the real world. Her lack of education has blocked pretty much everything, and she has no desire to be independent and adventurous. Derick's life has been a series of disappointments since the honeymoon was over. 

I think Derick really wants to finish law school and be that important man he set out to be when he first pursued the Duggar family. His options are running out. He's already turned into an angry, bitter guy with a clingy wife and two small kids and more on the way if Jill can manage it. Jill has reached the top of her expectations, more or less, but she's stuck in a marriage that's less than the ideal her life trained her to expect. 

Derick had choices and opportunities, but he made this choice in a culture that gives no easy way to undo it. The real victims are the kids, especially Izzy, who will take the brunt of parents' failed dreams. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
(edited)

Considering Jill's parents crammed 15 kids into a house with similar square footage I bet Jill thinks Iz and Sam are spoiled to have the whole bedroom to themselves. Remember, in the very first Duggar house each kid didn't even have a bed. 

Frankly, I'm suprised Jill doesn't make Iz and Sam sleep in a closet.

Edited by lulu69
Awkward wording
  • Love 4
(edited)
29 minutes ago, lulu69 said:

Considering Jill's parents crammed 15 kids into similarly square footed house I bet Jill thinks Iz and Sam are spoiled to have the whole bedroom to themselves. Remember, in the very first Duggar house each kid didn't even have a bed. 

It has occurred to me that Jill grew up in these two home situations:

First, that crowded house with IIRC one bathroom and almost not enough room for everyone to just lie down at the same time, regardless of whether it was on a bed or the floor. No privacy, no elbow room. 

Then, the much larger TTH. But with all the girls' beds in one big dorm/bedroom and all the boys in another dorm/bedroom. No privacy (once Joshgate happened, that told me why) although more elbow room.

I'm sure neither of those is truly unique but at the same time, they aren't how couples and families typically live in a modern home in the US. Unless the Duggs totally lied about it, as she was growing up Jill had no exposure to popular magazines or books or TV shows where she could have picked up information about how various people furnish and use a house. I suppose that given her background she's not doing too badly in her builder-grade starter home. (ETA: I assume that as she grew up, she visited in the homes of relatives and saw somewhat normal-sized houses; It's just that her own living conditions growing up were - unusual.)

I also shook my head at the big chair and ottoman in the boys' room, and the cramped and inappropriate crib/bed jammed in there. 

In the past we discussed Jill's lack of a sense of style when it comes to clothing, and I think she may be one of those people who just doesn't "see" clutter in her living space. I was really surprised that she showed that laundry room in that condition. And the guest room too. It would have taken literally two minutes to whip the clutter out of sight, straighten the bedding on the airbed, put the dirty sippy cup in the dishwasher . . . 

Sigh.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 21

Now, my house is messy at times. I also work long hours and can be too tired to clean it on the weeknights. But if I were filming my house to give a tour, I'd clean one room and make it pristine. Then record the room. Stop. Then move on to the next room.

Now, I don't have as much mess as Jill. But if I just wanted to do a quick cleanup, I would move things to another room. Then push play and record. Then push stop. Do one room at a time.

Then I would edit my footage. Put some cute transitions between shots or captions and what not. 

Jilly may not know how to do that, but there are several Howlers who did put out some fairly decent videos through Duggar Studios on YouTube a few years back. They were clearly amateur videos, but were decent for being amateur. Jilly could have called upon one or more of the Howlers to help her with the video tour.

• Love 20

Given how much she freaked out in Danger America over the infamous shower rod falling, I'm a little surprised she would have this tour of her home like this. After all, Derrick is at law school and he's not very popular on social media, etc. In addition to that, she has a lot of followers and comes from a relatively famous family. It just doesn't seem safe to be showcase your (sloppy) home where some overzealous follower can probably find out where you live and show up on your doorstep. 

• Useful 8
  • Love 6

I'm thinking that the chair/ ottoman in the bedroom was probably for nursing, and keeping it in there indicates that she is planning on having another baby in the relatively near future. Then the baby will get the crib, Sammy will get the toddler bed, and Izzy will keep his nap room. Though Sam would probably be too bug for the toddler bed by then, just as Izzy is now. Maybe the boys will share the spare bedroom and the nursery will be an actual nursery? 

• Useful 4
  • Love 7

@madpsych78, I was also surprised that she shot that video without straightening up the house, and that it wasn't edited. Good point that she could have asked for some help from a brother. And it's not even that hard to edit video especially on a Mac* (and AFAIK she uses a MacBook). Instead, we get the inevitable interruptions with the kids. This total dreck of video was brought to us - by someone who literally grew up with a professional TV camera crew in her house. SMH

Also a good point, @ForeverPluto, about the privacy thing. You can look up real property records by name of owner(s) in most US counties, and get street addresses that way. I hope there aren't any nutjobs out there who would do harm to the Dillards. Jill's posting the video doesn't reveal the address although it does show the layout of the house pretty well. 

----

*It's stupid easy. I did it on my own Mac to help someone by shooting a video for her book promotion. Inserted images, produced a video her hubs uploaded to YouTube. I'd never even used iMovie before. Took less than 30 minutes. 

• Love 6
On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 7:38 PM, Sew Sumi said:

'm still stuck on Jilly Muffin "doing" this Boyce College.

Like Debbie Did Dallas! Which is where my mind went given all the sex stuff Jilly has been posting lately. 

• LOL 9
2 hours ago, Jeeves said:

They don't have a bottom sheet on the air bed (yuk). As she opened the door Jill described the room as guest room, and Izzy's nap room, and I think storage.

Really, Jill, how hard could it be to put a fitted sheet on that airbed? And even - radical idea! - a mattress protector under the fitted sheet? 

I'm the first to admit I'm not a great housekeeper. But I'd die if anyone posted a video tour of my house in a messy state - and I'd never do it myself. 

Jill really is a mess. There's something sweet about her personality, and as we know she's more open and friendly to strangers than Jessa. I'm sorry she married an uptight judgmental nutjob instead of a more laid back, easygoing guy. Thinking about it that way it's almost tragic.

I’m no Martha Stewart but living like this would drive me crazy. Plus she and Derrick are teaching the boys how to be slobs. I seem to recall the TTH dorm room striking me as chaotic but was the common area also a pit? I have never watched enough episodes of the original show to remember much, I guess. I dunno, maybe this is rebellion against having to raise someone else’s kids as a child, and having a jurisdiction since she could walk. I don’t know what Derick’s excuse is, though. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, lulu69 said:

Considering Jill's parents crammed 15 kids into similarly square footed house I bet Jill thinks Iz and Sam are spoiled to have the whole bedroom to themselves. Remember, in the very first Duggar house each kid didn't even have a bed. 

Frankly, I'm suprised Jill doesn't make Iz and Sam sleep in a closet.

Well, Jill did put the boys in the room with the biggest closet, because we all know how much toddlers and preschoolers need their closet space.  Another good reason to use that particular bedroom for guests/storage while putting the boys into a bigger bedroom.  Poor Israel has already outgrown the toddler bed they've got for him.  If they insist on keeping both boys in the same room, which I don't see as a big issue at their ages; at the very least, get a trundle bed or bunks to save space.  Sam should be old enough to sleep on the bottom bunk with a toddler rail soon.

• LOL 3
  • Love 20
12 hours ago, yogi2014L said:

on the bright side, with no friends they don't know what those things are most likely. 

We don't do screen time for my daughter as she is only one but I would probably allow some TV on occaision when she is Izzy's age.  The American Academy of Pediactrics say no screen time AT ALL for kids under 2, but I am sure Jill and Derrick just don't have a TV because Jesus.

They may not have a TV, but they use their laptops to watch whatever catches their fancy.  Just some more obfuscation on Derick's part mixed in with his need to feel superior.  Izzy seems to have Paw Patrol everything which makes me think he is familiar with the show, but maybe Cathy lets him watch it at her house and she buys the merchandise.  

Back to the house tour, Where did they acquire all that junk and where have they been keeping it?  They went from Danger America, to Grandma Mary's, to that cramped apartment all places where they would not be schlepping around all that stuff, but their house is cluttered.  And then, they acquire all that junk but never picked up another bedframe and mattress.  If they are going to cram the boys into that little room, why did they not pick up a set of bunkbeds.  Sam is getting old enough that he could sleep on the bottom bunk with a rail.

• Love 15
40 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Now, my house is messy at times. I also work long hours and can be too tired to clean it on the weeknights. But if I were filming my house to give a tour, I'd clean one room and make it pristine. Then record the room. Stop. Then move on to the next room.

Now, I don't have as much mess as Jill. But if I just wanted to do a quick cleanup, I would move things to another room. Then push play and record. Then push stop. Do one room at a time.

Then I would edit my footage. Put some cute transitions between shots or captions and what not. 

Jilly may not know how to do that, but there are several Howlers who did put out some fairly decent videos through Duggar Studios on YouTube a few years back. They were clearly amateur videos, but were decent for being amateur. Jilly could have called upon one or more of the Howlers to help her with the video tour.

I think you're a genius!

• Love 3

I want to bring Sam and Yaay to my house and let them play with my kids. They would fit in age wise. I've got tons of toys and my house is clean and neat.  Those kids need some interaction with other kids. Especially Izzy. 

• Love 23

Another thing about the video: I never knew Derick or Jill played the harp. In fact, when I was watching the house tour clip, Mr. Forever Pluto commented on the "monstrous harp sitting in the middle of the office" He said it reminded him of those pictures he would see when going over our kids' homework where it says: Pick the one that does not belong here! 

• LOL 19
  • Love 5
7 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Word.  It was a douche canoe move from Derelict to take the biggest room   I’m guessing he plans to have a home office as he will be virtually unemployable by a firm.  

I also don't get why Derick would want his office right next to the living room where the boys play.  The smaller bedroom at the back of the house would make more sense for an office especially when they let Izzy throw balls around in the house.  Is Derick going to yell at the boys for being too loud (or you know, just being typical kids) when he is trying to study?  Unfortunately I think I know the answer to this question.

• Love 5

Another reason why Derelict should have taken the smallest bedroom for his office: Since it has the biggest closet, he has more storage space for his law books and other paraphernalia.

And, Izzy's "nap room" should just be Izzy's bedroom.

I also like the idea of a bunk bed with toddler rails. Sam just turned 2 and I bet he would be THRILLED to have a "big boy" bed! Izzy can sleep on the top bunk. 

I know Jill plays the harp, but I'm surprised it is in Derelict's office. 

• Love 13
1 hour ago, QuinnInND said:

I want to bring Sam and Yaay to my house and let them play with my kids. They would fit in age wise. I've got tons of toys and my house is clean and neat.  Those kids need some interaction with other kids. Especially Izzy. 

Not to mention an adult that can speak to them with some warmth. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Jeeves said:

This is simply revolting. I'm not a great housekeeper, but no one in my home would ever be expected to sleep like that. Aside from the lack of sheets, those look like old, filthy pillows with no pillow-cases.

As someone mentioned above, why not just stop filming for a minute and straighten up? Maybe just stuff that vomit inducing mess into a closet?

• Love 18
17 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

That video broke my heart.  Jill has the emotional, intellectual, mental, and psychosocial maturity of a 10-year-old, if that.  It’s already been mentioned, but how sad that the boys have to share the smallest, darkest room in the house.  The bed that Israel sleeps in is comparable to the ones that prison inmates use.  Speaking of Israel, Samuel seems more mature than Izzy, and Izzy seems starved for attention.  Having said that, he’s one of those kids who would get on my last nerve.  I think he may be somewhat developmentally delayed, just because he seems SO immature.  I know he’s just a kid but... I may be completely off-base, but I’ve just always had the feeling that there is something not quite right with him.  I think Head Start or Preschool would do him a world of good, but we all know that will never happen. 

Well it didn't break my heart but made me shake my head.  A few notes from my viewing.  I agree Izzy is desperate for attn.  She speaks to him in a manner than convey's annoyance while she speaks in a nicer tone to Sam.  I think Izzy bugs her.  The kids bedroom is way too small and tells me the hierarchy in that family:  Mom and dad, dads office, guests, oh we have kids?  The kids don't need their own room but a smidge bigger than a walkin closet would be nice.  Izzy's bed is too small as others have said.  What was with the 'make good choices Israel'?  Is he choosing smokes and a Bud Light when he isn't reminded?  He is what, 4?  A pamphlet holder is an interesting choice for kids books in the living room.  Didn't need to see the candles around the tub.  A couple of positives are her spices aren't over her kitchen sink like at Jingles and when she showed us her bedroom she didn't preface it by saying this is where the magic happens.  You are welcome for that image.  HA!

• LOL 7
  • Love 17
15 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Thank you for making me picture Dereck masturbating! It truly killed my appetite!

I can provide drawings as an safe alternative to weight loss surgery! (Not that you need it!)

• LOL 4
  • Love 2

Making good choices/good choices and bad choices is the current kid pre-school speak for helping pre-schoolers learn better behavior.  An alternative is red choices and green choices.  

I wonder if Derick realizes the video makes him look like a selfish jerk.

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
(edited)
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

They may not have a TV, but they use their laptops to watch whatever catches their fancy.  Just some more obfuscation on Derick's part mixed in with his need to feel superior.  Izzy seems to have Paw Patrol everything which makes me think he is familiar with the show, but maybe Cathy lets him watch it at her house and she buys the merchandise.  

Back to the house tour, Where did they acquire all that junk and where have they been keeping it?  They went from Danger America, to Grandma Mary's, to that cramped apartment all places where they would not be schlepping around all that stuff, but their house is cluttered.  And then, they acquire all that junk but never picked up another bedframe and mattress.  If they are going to cram the boys into that little room, why did they not pick up a set of bunkbeds.  Sam is getting old enough that he could sleep on the bottom bunk with a rail.

THIS. I was wondering the exact same thing! I've lived on my own for almost a decade, and have acquired nowhere near that much junk! When I moved in with my friend, I gave 2-3 pieces of furniture to my sister, but kept everything else, and easily fit it in an already furnished house without looking tacky. And I was not the type to have just an IKEA bed and futon, like my ex from my early twenties, lol! So...how the hell have Jill and Derick accumulated all this stuff in their five years of marriage, where most of it was spent out of the country, in already furnished places? They've only truly been on their own for a year or two...whenever they moved into that apartment. How do they have all that stuff? Plus, the whole time they've been on their own, they've had no source of income to buy a bunch of junk with. I'm just sooooo confused! Their furniture also doesn't look like their Stoneybrook McMansion furniture, which JB probably just put in another house. It boggles my mind that they'd need to use their two car garage for clutter when they've only had about two years on zero incomes to accumulate this stuff!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 18
12 minutes ago, Tabbygirl521 said:

Just think - there might be a market for these among their fans 😵

Ugh whatever segment of the fundie internet that regards Derick as a sex symbol is seriously depraved. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Zella said:

Ugh whatever segment of the fundie internet that regards Derick as a sex symbol is seriously depraved. 

Hahahaha I just threw up a little reading the words "Derick sex symbol" together. 😂😂😂

• LOL 9
10 minutes ago, Zella said:

Or, seriously deprived. 🤣

• LOL 6