Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

7 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I like flowers but like you my cat eats them so they have to stay outside on our porch.  I got a gorgeous bouquet of tulips for my bday and it was such a shame they had to stay outside.  I am cool with whatever my husband does in regards to holidays like this.  It is the thought so I can't bring myself to be picky or think he did less than.

If my put my flowers out side they would die. Northern Illinois is not friendly this time of year. 

• Love 4
Just now, libgirl2 said:

If my put my flowers out side they would die. Northern Illinois is not friendly this time of year. 

Of course!  I got my tulips in September and even here in CA, flowers outside wouldn't last right now.  We have been having frost the mornings it isn't raining and the wind would total them.  

• Love 1

My husband did do something nice last night. I normally do not cook on Wednesday, he has his one day a week lunch out at work. I have been sick with diverticulitis issues and came home with no appetite and some nausea. Suddenly, I was craving Chicken McNuggets (oddly, my new go to food when I feel sick). He got home and I asked if he could please go get me some. He went out, after working all day, coming home on the train..... for me that means more than flowers or candy. 

I am getting a card today but he had to hide it because our cat wanted to eat it. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 22

Because my birthday and our anniversary are both in January, we typically don't even bother to acknowledge Valentine's day when it rolls around. Sometimes Mr. Jyn will get me a card, and once in a while I might get him one, but cards are so overpriced and lame these days that it just doesn't seem worth it. I'll make a nice dinner (something I accidentally invented years ago when I was trying to think of a veal dish I'd heard of, and the descriptions for Veal Piccata and Veal Saltimbocca were both kind of floating around my brain so I ended up making a sort of hybrid - but everyone loved it). And there will be wine. Who needs anything fancier?

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Because my birthday and our anniversary are both in January, we typically don't even bother to acknowledge Valentine's day when it rolls around. Sometimes Mr. Jyn will get me a card, and once in a while I might get him one, but cards are so overpriced and lame these days that it just doesn't seem worth it. I'll make a nice dinner (something I accidentally invented years ago when I was trying to think of a veal dish I'd heard of, and the descriptions for Veal Piccata and Veal Saltimbocca were both kind of floating around my brain so I ended up making a sort of hybrid - but everyone loved it). And there will be wine. Who needs anything fancier?

Same (kind of)- my birthday is in late January and both my hubby's birthday and our wedding anniversary are in March, so Valentine's Day isn't such a big deal in the traditional sense.  Also, Valentine's Day also usually falls during Carnival season & we're from New Orleans (and live in south Louisiana) and I'd rather spend my time, energy, money, etc doing Mardi Gras related things (and partying) than the roses, dinners out, etc. But partying during carnival season > sanctioned "romance" on February 14th, in my opinion. 

I came here just to see what #besthubbyever did for Jill's Valentine's Day.  I honestly expected like a silk rose form the gas station with Jill fawning over #besthubbyever, so hey....I'm kind of surprised.  Derick could do almost anything today and get a #besthubbyever.

Also, I wish someone would tell him (and Ben, Jeremy, and all of these Fundies who want to ebil convert Catholics to their own brand of "Christianity") about St. Valentine's Day being a Catholic holiday that was largely influenced by a pagan feast in ancient Rome.  Maybe they should not to get to have the fun of partaking in these celebrations like Valentine's Day or wearing green on St. Patrick's Day, etc since they come from "the great whore" of a church that they feel compelled to save people from and all (and from earlier pagan celebrations).  Also, I'd love to see Derick & Jill google Luprecalia and be shocked and defrauded by what the Romans did at that celebration. 

Edited by MyPeopleAreNordic
  • Love 13
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Derick retweeted this:

D5BA2C0E-859B-4920-96AD-49C902720E94.jpeg

Derick, sweetie pie, honey bunch, you've had 3 "plans" in the past two years (Super missionary! Whatever that $10,000 church certificate was and law school). Methinks you need to put down the Ramsey and check out what your good buddy Jesus has to say about hypocrites.  

Edited by satrunrose
  • LOL 6
  • Love 18

I guess Cathy didn’t buy snow gloves or mittens yet. January, Israel’s first snowman. Screenshot from video taken from inside by Jill. (She keeps wiping the window with her hand, making the video crappy looking)

03FD1CF0-9849-4A57-A60D-62DC7E95FAAA.jpeg

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

I guess Cathy didn’t buy snow gloves or mittens yet. January, Israel’s first snowman. Screenshot from video taken from inside by Jill. (She keeps wiping the window with her hand, making the video crappy looking)

03FD1CF0-9849-4A57-A60D-62DC7E95FAAA.jpeg

Good grief!!  I would think since they are in a climate that warrants a winter coat, someone would think the kids may need gloves also.  Luckily he has a hood but a wool hat would have been nice too. 

Socks would have been a better warmer choice but maybe he has them on underneath the plastic bags.

• Love 5

If we talk enough about Derick in law school, either he or Jill will be compelled to respond.

I suspect he's still there, but thinking about escape. Law school, like a full-time accounting job at Wal-Mart, is hard work. Now that he's married into TV royalty, I think Dereck feels the concept of labor is beneath him. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

If we talk enough about Derick in law school, either he or Jill will be compelled to respond.

I suspect he's still there, but thinking about escape. Law school, like a full-time accounting job at Wal-Mart, is hard work. Now that he's married into TV royalty, I think Dereck feels the concept of labor is beneath him. 

I suspect Derelict always felt the concept of work was beneath him, even before he married fundie royalty. Nepal was just a way to put off having to do anything. Walmart was something he was compelled to do, at Mommy's urging, and he left at the first opportunity. Now he's just drifting. 

• Love 18
1 minute ago, Heathen said:

I suspect Derelict always felt the concept of work was beneath him, even before he married fundie royalty. Nepal was just a way to put off having to do anything. Walmart was something he was compelled to do, at Mommy's urging, and he left at the first opportunity. Now he's just drifting. 

Don't Calvinists value hard work as a way to gain God's blessings and fortune? I'm assuming judgmental Derick has Calvinist leanings, certainly as a critic of other people if not of himself. 

• Love 1
1 minute ago, BradandJanet said:

Don't Calvinists value hard work as a way to gain God's blessings and fortune? I'm assuming judgmental Derick has Calvinist leanings, certainly as a critic of other people if not of himself. 

Do as they say, not as they do. The fundie way. 

• Love 9

I'm thinking #besthubbyevah is still in law school and is just sick of his idiot wife following him everywhere with a camera and trying to sit in his lap while he studies. For once, I can't blame the guy.

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Heathen said:

I still think law school was mommy's urging too. I'm thinking after Derick didn't get hired by Cross Church, she told him he had to get serious, and I'm thinking law school seemed like the best way to save face. It sounds prestigious, and what else is he qualified to do that sounds prestigious? Plenty of parents pay for their children's grad school, and Cathy likely could afford it. I could see her saying she'd pay for law school and help with other expenses if he would just commit to it, and he realized he had zero other realistic options...but is unhappy about the whole situation. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I still think law school was mommy's urging too. I'm thinking after Derick didn't get hired by Cross Church, she told him he had to get serious, and I'm thinking law school seemed like the best way to save face. It sounds prestigious, and what else is he qualified to do that sounds prestigious? Plenty of parents pay for their children's grad school, and Cathy likely could afford it. I could see her saying she'd pay for law school and help with other expenses if he would just commit to it, and he realized he had zero other realistic options...but is unhappy about the whole situation. 

Hmmm, I'm not sure about that. I think Cathy has been happy and supportive in Derick's goals of being a missionary. Religion seems to be very important to Cathy and she doesn't seem to act as if prestige is important. Walmart may pay well at the corporate level, but I'm doubting it pays enough for Cathy to have that kind expendable cash laying around, especially after cancer treatment and nearing retirement age.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, BradandJanet said:

I don't think Derick is Calvinist, at least not to the degree that Jeremy and Ben seem to be. I think Derick is more Southern Baptist. We've never seen Derick (or Jill) at any of the things that Jeremy and/or Ben attended, even when he was at Cross Church.

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I still think law school was mommy's urging too.

Is Cathy really that controlling and/or influential on Derralick?  I'm sure she'd rather have him around near her than in scary Nepal or Central America, but she's delusional if she thinks he can actually make it as a lawyer.  Honestly, IMO, I think Derralick would be the most successful as a preacher out of the three of them, (him, holy goallie and Bin)   He's obviously Batsh!t crazy, but he at least can keep up with an argument.  HG is all about the looks and supposed prestige, Bin is just clueless.

• Love 5
On 2/11/2019 at 7:03 AM, BetyBee said:

I look at that shirt and all I can think is "But, I don't want to be a pirate!"  Of course Duggars do enjoy pirate play, so maybe she is just belatedly joining in on the pirate "fun" that Derick and Izzy were having.  

Wait until these nitwits find out that the term "pirate" is no longer PC......it's "Privateer" now. I'm serious.

Jiily's week-old-mushroom colored blouse is one size too big and those are seatbelt wrinkles. At least we can't see her waist-length Warren Jeff's cult hair.

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Heathen said:

Drifting and grifting 

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

When Derick's father died there was probably a large insurance payoff, and Cathy was probably eligible for some sort of pension payments.  She may have put all that money aside to help her boys, which could explain Derick and Jill's ability to live without a visible source of income...

• Love 5

January 2019 Pictures and Videos

Feb 18, 2019 | Family Blog, Photos | 1 

January was busy as usual for us! We enjoyed celebrating Mima’s (Derick’s mom’s) birthday early in the month, then Derick started his second semester of law school and Israel started back to school too (preschool/kindergarten work at home). We enjoyed several fun outings with the boys, as well as some firsts for Israel: first time to build a snowman and the first time to go sledding!

What did your January look like?

What are some ways you keep/kept your littles busy during the winter months? 

FCC91F84-813C-427A-97DA-3141EB6EDF5E.jpeg

0BFD3CFC-1BBB-4572-8C3F-37527AE27525.jpeg

0B6BBC02-ED9E-42A1-8FE6-E85482C2834C.jpeg

9744459E-6710-434E-BE25-F5D1E44B8208.jpeg

9D120ED2-0BA6-41C4-BA4E-7F1E6D0A835E.jpeg

5AC0484E-4ED7-4B24-A065-320C415D0292.jpeg

• Love 2

Jill has jumped on the subscription box bandwagon and has a live Instagram talking about and sharing the contents of the box she just got from Oliver & Otis. Apparently these are  friends of theirs (she doesn't say whether they're Duggar family friends or her and Derick's). All their clothing is "cute and comfy".....that's what it's all about for Jill. I didn't stick around for the whole thing, but basically it was just a lot of "so, anyways....yeah....like....anyways.....so like.....yeah". Oh, and she's wearing/modeling one of the tops and held up another before I quit watching. I was reading some of the live comments to see if anyone reminded her that we were seeing the mirror image, and it's a little hard to read backwards writing lol. 

Edited by MzTori77
  • LOL 2

The photo spread hits all the marks: Derick's back to law school; Derick smiles; Derick plays with Izzy (twice); Sam's "shops" for colorful fruits and vegetables; Sam sneaks a homemade beige cookie; Izzy goes back to (home) school; Jill wears jeans; Cathy's husband (?) smiles for the camera; the kitchen is clean. 

Any questions, fans?

Edited by BradandJanet
  • LOL 5
  • Love 17

Do you think Jill realizes it would actually be pretty easy to slot a picture of Cathy into the page and capture it ‘Mima’, and then people would know she’s not talking about her own mother and thus could stop differentiation?

Also, Sammy is pretty cute shopping for mangoes (?).  It looks like he got a good one!

• Love 2

It would be better if Izzy went to a real preschool, not whatever idiocy Jilly is "teaching" him.  

And as to Jillys question about how do we keep our littles busy during the winter months, let's see. I take the twins who are almost 3, and we go to the library. We go to the indoor playground, and they actually play with other children their age. We go to the arts and crafts stuff they have on base and make stuff and have fun. The twins help me cook real food.  I sit and read to them. We have a basement where they have a huge inflatable jumping balloon and they play there. We go to the mall and window shop. 

My hubby got me roses also for Valentines day.  And we went and had a wonderful romantic dinner.  

That shirt is awful, Jilly. But props for wearing jeans. And she'll never cut her hair. It's her crowning glory, dontcha know. 

• Love 13
On 2/17/2019 at 3:44 PM, GeeGolly said:

Hmmm, I'm not sure about that. I think Cathy has been happy and supportive in Derick's goals of being a missionary. Religion seems to be very important to Cathy and she doesn't seem to act as if prestige is important. Walmart may pay well at the corporate level, but I'm doubting it pays enough for Cathy to have that kind expendable cash laying around, especially after cancer treatment and nearing retirement age.

Oh, I completely agree that Cathy is supportive of missions! I could see her not being blind to the reality that Derick can't hack it, though. She might have been all for that career path until he got fired from SOS and then failed to secure anything with Cross Church, and then suggested he try something academic again, since he seemed to do okay enough in college to graduate with an accounting degree. While she may be in favor of missions, it it's obvious Derick can't make a living at it, she might nudge him in another direction. If I had a kid who wanted to be a doctor, I would be super supportive of that, but if they made all D's in college, I would encourage them to see reality too. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 3

I never could understand why Derrick didn’t just go back to school to get his graduate degree to become a CPA. It should have been easier for him since he had the undergraduate degree already, would have probably taken less time and CPAs make good money!

• Love 14

Dreck reminds me of my dead friend's husband.  It took him around 6 years to get his undergrad degree because he kept on changing majors.  He then could not keep a fulltime job for more than a year.  All the jobs were beneath him and his great, unrealized writing talent. He was so emotionally stunted that he had to be reminded on a daily basis to brush his teeth.  My friend had to remind him to shower, change his underwear, etc.  She bought into his numerous excuses throughout the years.  None of her friends nor her sister liked him.  We just put up with him because of her.  His father died when he was in high school and he developed a codependent relationship with his mother after that.  Somehow only a few months after my friend unexpectedly died, he started dating his current wife.  He now works a boring job while his wife takes care of their 3 sons since he cannot be trusted to care for them.  And surprisingly,  he has never published that novel.  

• LOL 1
  • Love 3
25 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Dreck reminds me of my dead friend's husband.  It took him around 6 years to get his undergrad degree because he kept on changing majors.  He then could not keep a fulltime job for more than a year.  All the jobs were beneath him and his great, unrealized writing talent. He was so emotionally stunted that he had to be reminded on a daily basis to brush his teeth.  My friend had to remind him to shower, change his underwear, etc.  She bought into his numerous excuses throughout the years.  None of her friends nor her sister liked him.  We just put up with him because of her.  His father died when he was in high school and he developed a codependent relationship with his mother after that.  Somehow only a few months after my friend unexpectedly died, he started dating his current wife.  He now works a boring job while his wife takes care of their 3 sons since he cannot be trusted to care for them.  And surprisingly,  he has never published that novel.  

How do people like this even find spouses ?

• Love 11
52 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

He sounds like people I met in creative writing classes in college, whom are now unpublished professional students. . . .

Speaking of which, I think Derick finds the idea of the professional student life appealing but lacks the academic discipline or ability to hack it. 

• Love 7
9 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

He reminds me of one woman's exploits that I follow online. She's in her late 30's and very morbidly obese (very!). She's a total narcissist who cannot admit that her weight is a health issue, and 'works' as a motivational speaker about weight issues. Her big shtick is that no one can lose weight and keep it off - ever! She's a complete grifter with no real job, and lies about having a degree and work history. She claims be an elite athlete, but never works out. She is in year five of a two year plan to run an IRONMAN triathlon. Oh, and now she's homeless - using air b'n'b for shelter.

Laziness and self-delusion ruins so many lives. I feel meta-sympathy for Jill and Derick.

I'm pretty sure that Derelict told Boob that he didn't have any debt when he asked to propose to Jill. I think he made it through undergrad with scholarships and grants.

"It's not debt if mom pays". Isn't this how Jim Bob skated around using medicaid for Josie?

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 5

So I've been obsessed with Hamilton for a while now because it's coming to the theatre where I usher in July.  Anyway, I saw this video, and the girl playing Eliza looks a lot like Jill.  When you hear the lyrics, they sound like things Jill would have said, and the haste with which the engagement occurs sturck me as very Duggarish.  

(Mods, if this is in the wrong thread, please forgive me and move it.)

• Love 3