Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

40 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

They are unemployed yet own a apple laptop? Who payed for it?

Student loans. I would assume access to a computer is a requirement, and MacBooks are really light to carry. We’re thinking about getting one for my oldest when he graduates HS next year. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Albanyguy said:

If Derick has been told that, he has probably dismissed it as just applying to ordinary students, not to someone as gifted as himself. 

Seriously, though, I wonder if Derick has realized that there are students in his class who are much smarter, more articulate and with more academic ability than himself. Does he have enough humility to realize his weak points and work harder to overcome them? Or is he too steeped in the Duggar "God told us that we are better than everyone else, so we don't even have to try hard" mentality?

I don’t think Derick even knows what humility is. Since he is now a Duggar, the mortal rules obviously do not apply to him. Duh. 

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, Lunera said:

They asked for it on their wedding gift registry.

I think that was Benessa (seriously). They probably bought the MacBooks and iPhones when they were flush with TLC and People cash. 

• Love 1
Just now, madpsych78 said:

I won't snark at Derick for looking stabby - I get it. I'm the same way when I'm studying or concentrating! However, Jill electing to post the picture on social media anyway gets all the snarks. 

Well, he did post that video of her being afraid of the mouse last week. Payback is a bitch.

• Love 12

I'm pretty sure they had a deal going with Apple and the entire Duggar clan were supplied with iPhones and Mac laptops.  They show them pretty prominently going back to the 19KAC days.

I'm ready to place bets on how soon the "law school" things gets dropped for some other exciting adventure.  Let's face it, Jill will never let him concentrate to actually succeed in this.

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, BigBingerBro said:

I'm ready to place bets on how soon the "law school" things gets dropped for some other exciting adventure.  Let's face it, Jill will never let him concentrate to actually succeed in this.

Or at least that’s what he’s going to hold over her head for all eternity...

Begrudgingly...I had mid-December in the pool for “date Derrick flunks out and claims God is calling him to do something else” so he’s made it a month longer than I thought he would...

• Love 6
On 1/27/2019 at 1:38 AM, ChiCricket said:

He does look very annoyed.

Screenshot_20190127-003637.jpg

Jill is probably talking at him in some stupid baby voice to get him to pay attention to her , since she doesn’t understand the concept of studying 

• Love 13

I'm guessing that's Derick's, I'm-studying face.

When Derick and Jill were in CA, I seem to recall someone pointing out that Jill did have the credentials to be a paid missionary for SOS or Cross Church. I think that's why Derick was encouraging her to finish the midwifery certificate and take Spanish lessons. I'm guessing they were going to try and get them to bend the rules by claiming she's a Midwife. I believe that is one of the reasons "God called on Derick" to do something else. No one was going to pay Jill to be a missionary.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, DXD526 said:

What's up with his left hand in that photo? Looks like maybe he was doing something not quite godly with it and it froze that way!

Naaah...that would be way too much girth for Dreck. More like length measuring from his thumb to index finger...

• Love 5
11 hours ago, BigBingerBro said:

I'm pretty sure they had a deal going with Apple and the entire Duggar clan were supplied with iPhones and Mac laptops.  They show them pretty prominently going back to the 19KAC days.

I emailed Apple about this when the Josh scandal broke. They never wrote me back, but the Apple logo has been blurred on on their electronics since Counting On.

If, by god's Grace, he makes it though school and passes the bar, Jill will wish for these times back. The year, or two, or three after graduating professional school and starting to work in a field are always tougher than school. Always. She thinks she doesn't see enough of him now? Wait till Izzy is 6 and she's stuck sitting in the parking lot of Derick's firm until 2 in the morning.

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

I think that's why Derick was encouraging her to finish the midwifery certificate and take Spanish lessons.

To be fair, Jill did misrepresent herself during the courtship phase, and dare I say, defrauded Derick about her education and abilities. Of course, I doubt he did his due diligence following up, so it's on him.

• Love 20

About Jill lying in the courtship phase, the same can be said for Derick. I am sure they thought he would be working his way up in Wal-Mart with a job with a salary and benefits to support a family. Since leaving his job, he has done nothing to really support his family. Also we have heard some things about him not really being a good employee with regards to his treatment of women. He got himself booted off the gravy train and wasted thousands of dollars with that stupid program. Yes he is law school now, but he has a long way to go with graduating and passing the bar. Just saying Derick has not made too many good decisions here. 

Edited by ScorpioSoul
  • Love 23
11 minutes ago, ScorpioSoul said:

About Jill lying in the courtship phase, the same can be said for Derick. I am sure they thought he would be working his way up in Wal-Mart with a job with a salary and benefits to support a family.

There's a decent chance he'd still be working there if he had no reality TV show, a wife that didn't come to work every day, and encouragement to quit every night.

• Love 16
On 1/26/2019 at 10:59 PM, madpsych78 said:

Count me in who also thinks that Derick is not the type of husband who would insist that Jill be a SAHM. In fact I could see Derick being resentful that Jill has not followed through on her goals (i.e., midwifery, missionary), since that is what he thought he was getting when he began courting Jill. 

On 1/26/2019 at 11:23 PM, doodlebug said:

I think Derick would be fine with Jill working in a situation where he maintained control.  If the missionary thing had worked out, he'd have no problem with her standing alongside him passing out candy and tracts.  She could work as a midwife as part of the mission, too.  I don't think he'd be too thrilled if she wanted to work outside the home at something that didn't contribute to his goals.  If being a mission midwife means je looks better, then that's what Jesus wants and Derick could never argue against it.

I think it's both - I don't think Jill has an independent bone in her body, I don't believe at all that she will decide for or against being an active, paid midwife until someone actually TELLS her what her decision is.   So Derick might actually be resentful that he married someone who has very little ability to think for herself or be motivated without being told.  If Derick is resentful that Jill is SAHM he'd have to be the one to do something about it.  She would for sure follow orders; all he has to do is say "Go do this" and like a robot roomba that just hit a wall Jill would turn around and walk in a straight line and do it.  But I also think he doesn't want her to be too independent either, working as a part-time midwife within the family is one thing (not that any of us here would encourage a pregnant lady to get within a million feet of Jill and her half trained brain) but working as an active midwife with actual clients that could drag her out of the house at odd unexpected hours.....No Way........No chance in hell Derick is going to give up not just control but his lifestyle, if Jill is out birthin' babies at 3am she's not going to stop and drop the kids at the TTH on the way and Derick is not going to watch them, get them up in the morning, make them breakfast.....half because he probably does think that's wimmins work and half because I don't think he's that into the kids if they're not sitting still obeying and behaving like little robots themselves.  

• Love 13

Kale Chips

Jan 28, 2019 | Recipes | 1 

Some of my sisters started making these a few years ago and they continue to be a tasty snack that we love to make.

Ingredients:

8 cups kale, cut into bite sized pieces and cut off large stems

1/4 cup olive oil

salt

Directions:

Add kale and olive oil to bowl. Sprinkle with salt. Bake at 350 degrees for 5 min. Enjoy!

(note: this picture was taken just before the kale was baked…it will have a darker look once baked.)

60018584-FC88-40F9-BFC6-3E2B7ECE33A9.jpeg

2 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

Yeah, youd need at least twice that. Jill is so useless. 

I actually make these all the time (my daughter is a fiend for them), and while I find they generally need another couple of minutes, I believe that the original recipe I found for them also stated 5 minutes at 350. Seven minutes works for me. 

• Love 5

I do believe Derick thought Jill was more competent as far as missions and her midwifery claims but I think they both wanted him to quit Walmart and go the mission direction. And I think they're equally clingy and I think Derick's mom is a tad clingy to him as well. Maybe they became really close after Derick's dad passed or have always been close, who knows.

I think that's one reason Derick has had a harder time adjusting to being a dad too. He seems to have been coddled and never fully pushed from the nest. Same as Jill. So here's two 'adults' thinking they've got it all together because Jesus and they went from being isolated and coddled to full fledged adulthood in one year.

And it shows.

• Love 24
11 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I do believe Derick thought Jill was more competent as far as missions and her midwifery claims but I think they both wanted him to quit Walmart and go the mission direction. And I think they're equally clingy and I think Derick's mom is a tad clingy to him as well. Maybe they became really close after Derick's dad passed or have always been close, who knows.

I think that's one reason Derick has had a harder time adjusting to being a dad too. He seems to have been coddled and never fully pushed from the nest. Same as Jill. So here's two 'adults' thinking they've got it all together because Jesus and they went from being isolated and coddled to full fledged adulthood in one year.

And it shows.

Right! I think Jill and Derick never would have gone through with the marriage if they had dated longer, but let's say they had waited over a year and gotten engaged in June 2014, when they got married. They could have then gotten married in June 2015, and maybe the upcoming marriage would have motivated Derick not to quit his job, or at least find a suitable one to replace it. A few months later, when shit hit the fan about Josh, they could have decided to take it slow on the babies front, and go to counseling so jill could truly process the issues. Then, a year into marriage, they could have gotten pregnant in June 2016, and had their first child in march 2017. Think of how incredibly better adjusted they would be! If they only had one child now, who was under the age of two, they could handle that so much better, and might even appear to enjoy parenthood!

• Love 12
9 hours ago, Totally said:

I don’t think Jill misrepresented her desire to go on mission trips, I think her family’s week or so a year travelling and meeting locals and handing out trinkets was what she truly believed a mission trip to be 

Good point, but she did know that Derrick spent months and months in Nepal.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, Normades said:

On another note, did anyone read about the missionary in Brazil who they are considering bringing up on charges of genocide because he went to an isolated tribe and exposed them to potential diseases?  Seriously, what is wrong with these people??  I thought the bible spoke against pride.  These people really have the great white savior complex.  That said, I could see Derwood doing something stupid like that.  He knows best.

I saw that a few days ago and thought of these two dopes. I'm sure they could justify it as - at least when the locals all die of chicken pox, they'll go to heaven! Fifty Jesus points for us!

• Love 17
13 hours ago, Totally said:

I don’t think Jill misrepresented her desire to go on mission trips, I think her family’s week or so a year travelling and meeting locals and handing out trinkets was what she truly believed a mission trip to be 

And I think she truly believed she was on her way to being a qualified midwife, we all know who is to blame for those  delusions 

I agree with you. I think she misrepresented herself, but she didn't do it on purpose. 

• Love 13
51 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

For all the religious blather, the Duggar children are just experiencing the identical fate that most child actors do. They were brought up believing that just being Duggar was fascinating and lucrative. Their family had their collective asses kissed everywhere just for showing up and being filmed. Then add in the twisted belief that babies are God’s merit badges and these kids could not have been raised with a more dysfunctional world view.

So the effort-to-reward math is completely out of whack and apparently none of them is bright enough to figure that out. Jill showing up in CA and finding out that just showing up Duggar does not constitute an actual mission should have been an eye opener. 

Instead she fled back to Duggarland.

That is so insightful.  You are spot on with the similarity to child actors, although at least they have a skill.  Duggar kids have absolutely no skills at all.  Growing up like that does give a sense of entitlement.  Coupled with the isolation, I don't think there's any hope that Jill will ever gain perspective.  It's criminal what has been done to those kids. 

1 hour ago, Mollie said:

El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras (the three countries the Dillards were in with S.O.S.Ministries) all have strict laws about midwives.  Jill, with her certificate and bag of medical things, didn't qualify to be a midwife in any of those countries.  Not to mention the fact that Jill couldn't speak Spanish or any of the several Mayan languages spoken in those countries.  Jill was too stupid to realize that and Derick was stupid because he believed that Jill knew what she was doing with her midwife studies.  All she ever did in Central America was paint nail polish on children and pass out candy.  She tried to make us believe that she was helping local women earn a living by providing space for jewelry making classes, but she never once tried to promote the sale of the jewelry on her social media accounts.  She never really cared about the people at all.  She cared about being the white couple from America with the big white baby.

Very interesting!!!!  Yet in some states, the good ol' USA allows these people to practice on vulnerable women  and children.  As far as Derwood realizing that midwifery is a real skill, I think a lot of these men believe that it's a woman's place to labor and give birth without medical assistance as they've done it for millennia., They don't think women are deserving of capable care.  They disregard the millions of women and children who died  even up into the last fifty years due to lack of medical training and expertise.  We're so lucky with the advances of medicine, but they seem to think women should just deal with childbirth without assistance or intervention.  In reality, most of those girls would no longer be around to tell the tale if it weren't for modern medicine, but they don't give that a thought.  I also believe some of these men actually enjoy the fact that women suffer.  I mean, we're all evil and descended from Eve!!!

• Love 18
16 minutes ago, Normades said:

In reality, most of those girls would no longer be around to tell the tale if it weren't for modern medicine, but they don't give that a thought.

If it weren't for modern medicine Michelle would've died stroked out during Jana/JD's birth. No more Duggars. Just Jim bob and Josh. (Not that that world would be much better)

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 14