Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

As far as Derick's grades go, I am assuming that law school grading works along the lines of medical school grading and a pass is somewhere around the 75% mark.  He did say in the video that he was starting class again soon.

Honestly though, I don't think he is stupid. I think he is a horrible person, and I disagree with his narrow minded views, but I think he is smart enough to get through law school.  It may not be easy, as he has the distractions of Jill and the boys working against him,  but he did get decent enough scores on the LSAT to get in, and that is something.

Of course, given his record, he may very well decide to quit.  That would hardly surprise me.  And the real challenge will be passing the bar exam and getting a decent job.  I don't see him putting in 60+ hour weeks to get ahead at a law firm.  He couldn't even hack regular hours at Wal-Mart.

I suppose he could open his own firm and handle wills and traffic tickets, maybe personal injury cases.  Or, of course, becoming a lawyer for Jesus.  

Maybe that is the only way he can think of to escape JIll. Become a lawyer and work all the dang time. haha. My SIL is a lawyer ( went to Harvard Law actually) and she literally is always working. Sundays, holidays, always.

Who knows what his end game is, but I agree with you that he could be book smart. He is not a good writer and has a hard time putting together analogies ( the 400 lb blog post comes to mind), so I doubt he would be amazing in the courtroom. I could see him drafting contracts or that sort of thing.

23 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Translation:  I, Jill, am absolutely heartbroken that, once again, my YOUNGER sister has stolen the attention that is rightfully MINE and is bringing forth another blessing while I am stuck with just two not so special blessings.  This is MY season of life, dammit!

ETA: if our suspicions are correct and Jana is on the brink of a courtship and a wedding, one that will be embraced by the public in a way that Jill's never was, a wedding and courtship that will be part of the show while Jill and Derelict will be forced off to the side and out of sight; Jill may be on the edge of a breakdown just about now.  No way is she happy and excited, try frustrated and pissed off.

Aren't Jill and Derick off the show anyway? 

I can't hate on this blog post. Not much to say about a third kid for anyone . LOL. Short and sweet. Maybe she is secretly happy as she has a hard time with the two kids she does have. 

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

I can't hate on this blog post. Not much to say about a third kid for anyone . LOL. Short and sweet. Maybe she is secretly happy as she has a hard time with the two kids she does have. 

It’s for hits on their blog. She posted it on Twitter, twice now, I believe, and Instagram too.

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

It’s for hits on their blog. She posted it on Twitter, twice now, I believe, and Instagram too.

Yeah, saying congratulations is status update worthy, at best. Linking it to your blog that’s your sole source of income, is a major stretch. 

At least its not a recipe for ice she got from a dear friend. 

• Love 21
54 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

Maybe that is the only way he can think of to escape JIll. Become a lawyer and work all the dang time. haha. My SIL is a lawyer ( went to Harvard Law actually) and she literally is always working. Sundays, holidays, always.

Who knows what his end game is, but I agree with you that he could be book smart. He is not a good writer and has a hard time putting together analogies ( the 400 lb blog post comes to mind), so I doubt he would be amazing in the courtroom. I could see him drafting contracts or that sort of thing.

Aren't Jill and Derick off the show anyway? 

Yes, but I don't think that was Jill's choice and the fact that there is now another baby and perhaps another courtship/wedding to grab the spotlight on the show is only going to make her more upset that she's not on TV anymore.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

New blog post:

Congratulations Seewalds!

Jan 10, 2019 | Family Blog | 3 

We are so excited for Jessa and Ben on their recent pregnancy announcement of baby Seewald #3!! We can’t wait to meet the him or her!

Okay, I know it's just a silly typo, but I can't help snickering at "the him or her." 

• Love 16

Sooo, someone over on FJ posted that Jill had a live video on Instagram about a mouse running over her foot in the kitchen that was particularly worth watching in terms of its train-wreckiness.

In it, Derick is filming her literally sitting on the couch with her feet dangling in the air nearly hyperventilating. At the outset she keeps asking him whether it's "live" and he doesn't answer directly, although he insinuates that it is, and she says "it better not be," and then when he finally tells her outright that it is, she starts crying/wheezing/laughing/whatever. She comes across as either a complete loon or as someone with the maturity of a teenager.

I didn't watch the whole vid but skipped ahead to the next one, where Derick talks about shipping the mouse to anyone who is an "extreme mouse lover" or shooing him outside (although Jill is in favor of just killing him because she is so irrationally freaked out--so points for Derick here, I have to say!).

What's interesting is that the style of the video is Derick filming Jill and asking her to tell him what just happened, much in parallel to the way she films Israel, as if he's the parent and she's the kid.

• Love 16
2 minutes ago, graefin said:

Sooo, someone over on FJ posted that Jill had a live video on Instagram about a mouse running over her foot in the kitchen that was particularly worth watching in terms of its train-wreckiness.

In it, Derick is filming her literally sitting on the couch with her feet dangling in the air nearly hyperventilating. At the outset she keeps asking him whether it's "live" and he doesn't answer directly, although he insinuates that it is, and she says "it better not be," and then when he finally tells her outright that it is, she starts crying/wheezing/laughing/whatever. She comes across as either a complete loon or as someone with the maturity of a teenager.

I didn't watch the whole vid but skipped ahead to the next one, where Derick talks about shipping the mouse to anyone who is an "extreme mouse lover" or shooing him outside (although Jill is in favor of just killing him because she is so irrationally freaked out--so points for Derick here, I have to say!).

What's interesting is that the style of the video is Derick filming Jill and asking her to tell him what just happened, much in parallel to the way she films Israel, as if he's the parent and she's the kid.

Can he go one fucking day without being an ass?  

• Love 18
On 1/8/2019 at 11:39 AM, Mindthinkr said:

I was in a fancy downtown French restaurant a few years ago. As most of the menu was shellfish or seafood (I’m allergic) I ordered a pork dish. After being served the table next to us began to berate me. “How dare you eat that. We are Jewish and the smell for us is not kosher. Send it back. Have you no shame?”  Well, first I don’t think they are allowed to eat shellfish either. Second, wasn’t it rude of them to butt into my dining experience?  My meal was ruined as they kept on. What surprised me the most was the staffs lack of intervention. They were loud and the commotion was drawing stares. You’d have thought I was eating a puppy or kitten (sorry about that analogy). It wasn’t a kosher place. Why do some people feed the strong need to impose their religion or thoughts onto others? I don’t need an answer. Some people are just jerks...well I did have another word in mind, but decided to be polite. 

The other diners were jerks for sure but the restaurant NEEDED to do something.  I would have brought it to their attn and if they refused to move the offending party or stopped the abuse I would have asked to have my food wrapped up and refused to pay.  I am not paying the restaurant money so other diners can abuse me with the tacit approval of said restaurant.  Then I would have gotten all over social media and relayed my experience.  I am so sorry you had to deal with that!

• Love 17

Just saw the dentist video and the mouse video. If Jill wasn't a Duggar I'd assume she was high on edibles, wtf is up with all the stupid giggling? 

Jill definitely knew Derdick was on Instagram live, probably told him to film her since he's on her account. At one point she asks if the camera is on him or her.

So, Jill wants the mouse dead and Derdick said he's going to put it in a sock and hit it with a hammer. Jill says its self-defense  🙄. They made another video after that saying that they love all gods creatures yadayada.... I guess he realized how freaking dumb he sounded. Just get a trap and be done with it, why post two videos taking about killing a mouse?!

These two are a bunch of weirdos. 

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Bayarea4 said:

Cute video, but I don't get it. Derick is in law school. Jill is a stay-at-home mom. Why is he doing the vacuuming?

I agree, plus the carpet looked clean before he even vacuumed it. I'm thinking that it already was clean, but for whatever reason, they had to make a video "proving" that Derick helps around the house!

• Love 10

Um... I'm not a parent, but surely the "Samuel gives Israel a Ride" video is not something most parents would allow/ encourage? That car looked tipsy a couple times with Israel's weight on it, and while it's not a huge height, crashing off it suddenly/ potentially falling off into a wall would be... not good.

Meanwhile, Sam looks like he's been exasperated in another escape attempt.

• Love 15
14 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Um... I'm not a parent, but surely the "Samuel gives Israel a Ride" video is not something most parents would allow/ encourage?

No, as Grandma, I'd be Israel get off there NOW.  What were you thinking?

• Love 9
5 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Translation:  I, Jill, am absolutely heartbroken that, once again, my YOUNGER sister has stolen the attention that is rightfully MINE and is bringing forth another blessing while I am stuck with just two not so special blessings.  This is MY season of life, dammit!

ETA: if our suspicions are correct and Jana is on the brink of a courtship and a wedding, one that will be embraced by the public in a way that Jill's never was, a wedding and courtship that will be part of the show while Jill and Derelict will be forced off to the side and out of sight; Jill may be on the edge of a breakdown just about now.  No way is she happy and excited, try frustrated and pissed off.

I don't think Jill gets angry as much as she gets depressed. Jessa would be angry if she were Jill. Jill is likely confused, sad, and depressed. 

I also don't know that Jill is that uphappy either. She may be happy for her sisters (particularly Jana) and just lost about what's next for herself.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 18
3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Video 

Jesus Christ, did these people just post a video of them vacuuming the floor? This video is 2 1/2 minute long -- seriously? Thirty second would have been plenty of time to show Sammy and Izzy vacuuming with Papa.

Also, not to keep flogging the same dead horse, but they're pigs. Yay, the floor is vacuumed. Why not pick up the big cardboard box that's sitting in the middle of the floor before they start vacuuming? Why couldn't Jill stop filming this riveting activity and pick up the box? Israel wanted to be part of the action why not ask him to pick up the box?

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Temperance said:

I don't think Jill gets angry as much as she gets depressed. Jessa would be angry if she were Jill. Jill is likely confused, sad, and depressed. 

My therapist told me that "depression is anger turned inward."

• Love 20

I was able to watch the mouse in the house video elsewhere. What type of person, in this case, a husband, films such a thing without prior consent? 

Shoot! It won’t copy here.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 4
15 hours ago, Bayarea4 said:

Cute video, but I don't get it. Derick is in law school. Jill is a stay-at-home mom. Why is he doing the vacuuming?

Eh, I'm not going to snark over Derick vacuuming. Bigger question is why isn't Jill doing anything besides making glop, filming her kids, and saying "yaaaay?"

• Love 8

My twins have those same cars. My son had one too. But my son wanted to climb on and ride like that with his sisters. Nope. Get down. Ugh. Yes, boys like to climb on stuff and ride stuff. But you don't let them do it on toys like that. And Izzy needs to be in preschool. Or something. It would do him a world of good. He seems like such a smart caring little person. 

• Love 19
18 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I agree, plus the carpet looked clean before he even vacuumed it. I'm thinking that it already was clean, but for whatever reason, they had to make a video "proving" that Derick helps around the house!

And that men can do it as well so when the boys are responsible for the cleaning , it won’t bevsern as women’s work.  

• Love 6
51 minutes ago, dariafan said:

And that men can do it as well so when the boys are responsible for the cleaning , it won’t bevsern as women’s work.  

Hahahaha long range plan! I like the way you think. Jill is definitely lazy enough for this plot!

• Love 3
16 hours ago, Temperance said:

I also don't know that Jill is that uphappy either. She may be happy for her sisters (particularly Jana) and just lost about what's next for herself.

This is what the lord had in store for her. She needs to work on her contentment.

4 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

Eh, I'm not going to snark over Derick vacuuming. Bigger question is why isn't Jill doing anything besides making glop, filming her kids, and saying "yaaaay?"

She's HOMESCHOOLING. Yaaaay. Given her SOTDRT education, she'll probably learn a lot. She'll be mastering primary math while #besthubbyever is studying law. #marriageofequals #happilyeversfter #mysontutorsmeinfractions #riceforfour

• Love 20
23 minutes ago, queenanne said:

Multiple videos have proven to us that Jill and Dreck both have the vested maturity of your average 8 year old, and the common sense of one as well.  

My son is 8 and is vastly more mature and has more common sense than either Jill or Dreck.  

• Love 15
5 hours ago, doodlebug said:

He doesn't have to do half, but he doesn't get to do none, either. 

Derwood doing half the chores reminds me of the story of my brother in law telling my mother in law that he wanted to marry her daughter.  He told her that he would work hard, etc. and was willing to do half the housework.  My mother in law responded without missing a beat with "But who's going to do the other half??"  She knew her daughter!!!  That girl was right up there with Jessa on doing housework.  

I finally watched the videos of the Dilwoods.  I thought maybe people were being over dramatic about Iz on the car, but when I watched it OMG!!  That was so dangerous.  He was right next to the tile floor.  Kid could've fallen and busted his teeth out!!  Jill is so dumb.  Plus, she was more worried about Sam slipping off the seat than Iz falling several feet and potentially getting seriously injured.  They really don't treat that poor kid well at all.  It's just so sad.

• Love 24
18 hours ago, Temperance said:

I think Jill would likely be happy for Jana (in a normal sister way) and completely depressed about her own life and not know why- we are on the same page. 

I don’t think Jill wants much. If she had a husband and loved her, paid her some attention, and doted on their children she would be happy. Unfortunately she and Derrick are incompatible- and its showing in her face. 

• Love 13
14 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Because being a stay at home mom does not necessarily mean you are a scullery maid who is saddled with the responsibility of doing every last single menial chore there is to be done in the entire household day in and day out without a break or any help from anyone else.

Derick's dog ass has been on a three week break from school "de-stressing." A trip around the room with the vacuum cleaner won't kill him.

Point well taken. What I was getting at was not that it's wrong or weird for guys to do housework - obviously, this type of gender stereotyping is outdated - but still, it makes me wonder, what the heck does Jill do all day (besides making stupid videos)?

Edited by Bayarea4
to add a thought.
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Bayarea4 said:

Point well taken. What I was getting at was not that it's wrong or weird for guys to do housework - obviously, this type of gender stereotyping is outdated - but still, it makes me wonder, what the heck does Jill do all day (besides making stupid videos)?

I still think Jill had vacuumed prior to Derick. When he walked in the room, there were visible vacuum lines to the left. They just wanted to advertise how amaaaaazing he is!!! #besthubbyever

Also, I think Jill has the judgment of an eight year old, but I think Derick is mean. He seems like the kind of "parent" who would not try to stop a dangerous situation, knowing it's dangerous, and just be interested to see what happened if it went badly. You know, like the mean middle school brother babysitter. Then I could see him pulling the "you're the mom and you should have known better" card with Jill. 

• Love 20
2 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I still think Jill had vacuumed prior to Derick. When he walked in the room, there were visible vacuum lines to the left. They just wanted to advertise how amaaaaazing he is!!! #besthubbyever

Also, I think Jill has the judgment of an eight year old, but I think Derick is mean. He seems like the kind of "parent" who would not try to stop a dangerous situation, knowing it's dangerous, and just be interested to see what happened if it went badly. You know, like the mean middle school brother babysitter. Then I could see him pulling the "you're the mom and you should have known better" card with Jill. 

While he filmed it.

• Love 13

New blog post.

It includes the videos I already posted, and sooooo many pictures. I picked a few pictures to include:

November 2018 Pictures and Videos

Jan 11, 2019 | Family Blog, Photos | 1 

Sorry I’m finally getting around to posting our November album! We are happy to share lots of new pictures and videos with you! Our December post will hopefully be following soon! 

20FB9505-5793-45F2-9F36-9E0F09BDFAF9.jpeg

463A2170-919D-4C06-A5D3-2E6086F73949.jpeg

ED74FF1E-ED32-412F-903A-3D8E609696A4.jpeg

1F0A29F2-3237-4179-B477-22946EF086EC.jpeg

30C7A583-FE9C-4B87-AB3A-46488F8DCFEF.jpeg

5B558EF2-3A90-44F4-ABB9-D177BCD19CB9.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 7