Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Luckily, I'm pretty sure his combination of looks, personality, schmoozing ability and probably late and lame start when it comes to collecting influencers and funders in his corner would doom  him in about 3 seconds if he tried to take that route!

Hehe I don't think he'd be very good at it either! :D 

• Love 8
54 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Where are they? Watching TV? Shameful! And of course, you can see she and derelict are sitting right next to each other.. Way too close to each other. Ugh. 

That’s Cathy’s house .

• Love 4

I stand by my earlier theory/ - Derrick will continue to attend law school or medical school or seminary school so he won’t have to pay back his student loans

My first year of law school consisted of the following classes- Criminal Law, Legal Writing, Torts and Contracr Law. By the second year, quite a few class members had disappeared.

If Derrick’s undergrad degree is in accounting, he needs a different skill set to do well in law school. 

• Love 11

I can definitely see him as the professional student, not so much due to academic ability or interest but just because he doesn't seem to possess the follow-through to stay with anything and also because I think he likes the student life more than regular life. I've had a lot of people tell me they feel adrift without grades and a course plan once they hit the real world. I can see how Derick might also like having that structure in his life.

It also gives him an excuse beyond work to avoid home: homework! Man, I missed homework as an excuse to get out of shit once I graduated. Probably why I started freelancing on the side. It was my new pet excuse for getting out of stuff I didn't like. For him, I think homework is his way to get away from Jill and the kids. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Where are they? Watching TV? Shameful! And of course, you can see she and derelict are sitting right next to each other.. Way too close to each other. Ugh. 

Oh, no. They're gonna gross us out with a New Year's kiss, aren't they? 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

And of course, you can see she and derelict are sitting right next to each other.. Way too close to each other. Ugh. 

Derick probably doesn't like it any more than we do.  I wonder how many times he's snapped "Move over, I don't want you on my lap!" or "For God's sake, shut up and leave me alone for five minutes!"? I'll bet that happens a lot more then they'd want us to know.

• Love 19
1 minute ago, Albanyguy said:

I'm sure he envisions himself standing before the Supreme Court, delivering the brilliant argument that overturns Roe v. Wade, then being taken out to dinner by Justices Thomas, Gorsuch and Kavanaugh.

Definitely! 

• Love 5
14 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Looks like Sammy's butt is escaping his pants.   At least part of him will be free.

• Love 18
18 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

In reference to the last posted picture: 

Sam gets to play with Grandma and Izzy gets...coasters. Doesn’t Grandma have any toys or didn’t they allow the boys to travel with any? 

Best toys for kids sometimes are not toys. My son also likes to play with coasters, spoons, some dishes... Even the old remote becomes super toy. 

• Love 24
3 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

Best toys for kids sometimes are not toys. My son also likes to play with coasters, spoons, some dishes... Even the old remote becomes super toy. 

That’s true and sometimes they like the boxes that things come in them. I just worry for him that he doesn’t get enough positive attention. 

Edited by Mindthinkr
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

In reference to the last posted picture: 

Sam gets to play with Grandma and Izzy gets...coasters. Doesn’t Grandma have any toys or didn’t they allow the boys to travel with any? 

For me, it's not so much what Izzy is playing with, but that he is playing by himself and no one is paying any attention to him.

• Love 19
15 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

For me, it's not so much what Izzy is playing with, but that he is playing by himself and no one is paying any attention to him.

Oh, I'm sure Jill comes up with a "yay" once in a while. That's about all poor Izzy is ever going to get. 

• Love 13
25 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

He’s playing bartender for his parents. 🙄

• Love 12
43 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

Josh got lucky, back when "Duggar" meant a big PURE super Christian family, and he was perceived as a good public face for that organization.

He could also claim friendship with Rick Santorum and Mike Huckabee, both of whom are very big deals in hard-core conservative Christian circles, which would help make him an asset to the FRC. But Santorum dropped the Duggars like a hot potato when the molestation scandal erupted. Huckabee made a public show of standing by them at first, then when it became clear that the scandal wasn't going away, he began quietly backing away from them. Derick doesn't have the connections that Josh had back then and he doesn't even have the benefit of appearing on "Counting On". 

• Love 13
32 minutes ago, Albanyguy said:

He could also claim friendship with Rick Santorum and Mike Huckabee, both of whom are very big deals in hard-core conservative Christian circles, which would help make him an asset to the FRC. But Santorum dropped the Duggars like a hot potato when the molestation scandal erupted. Huckabee made a public show of standing by them at first, then when it became clear that the scandal wasn't going away, he began quietly backing away from them. Derick doesn't have the connections that Josh had back then and he doesn't even have the benefit of appearing on "Counting On". 

Also, and I could be wrong here because Josh has never been one of my favorite people to pay attention to, but I think that the FRC was already trying to think of a way to get rid of Josh when the molestation scandle broke.  When he first went to Washington, they trotted him out a lot to give speeches and go on jaunts to community meetings and such.  But he was not a good public speaker and even people who shared his beliefs often found his personality to be off-putting.  He had the name recognition and was a staunch conservative Christian, but he's not likeable when interacting with him one on one, and I think his home schooling was worse than his employers realized, so he was pretty inept even when he was stuck out of sight at a desk job.

I think he might have realized that he wasn't long for the FRC, because he bought a house near the TTH just before the shit hit the fan.  I don't know what excuse he would have given for leaving Washington to go back home, but I'm sure it wasn't "Everyone knows I molested my sisters and now no one wants to play with me, so I'm going to take my ball and go home."

Derick doesn't have the scandal-ridden past like Josh, but even then he's such a jackass that it's a toss up over who I'd pick if I were forced to spend an hour with one of them.  Congrats, Derick, you've managed to achieve Josh levels of loathing and you didn't even have to molest anyone to do it.

• Love 21
5 minutes ago, Zahdii said:

Also, and I could be wrong here because Josh has never been one of my favorite people to pay attention to, but I think that the FRC was already trying to think of a way to get rid of Josh when the molestation scandle broke.  When he first went to Washington, they trotted him out a lot to give speeches and go on jaunts to community meetings and such.  But he was not a good public speaker and even people who shared his beliefs often found his personality to be off-putting.  He had the name recognition and was a staunch conservative Christian, but he's not likeable when interacting with him one on one, and I think his home schooling was worse than his employers realized, so he was pretty inept even when he was stuck out of sight at a desk job.

I think he might have realized that he wasn't long for the FRC, because he bought a house near the TTH just before the shit hit the fan.  I don't know what excuse he would have given for leaving Washington to go back home, but I'm sure it wasn't "Everyone knows I molested my sisters and now no one wants to play with me, so I'm going to take my ball and go home."

Derick doesn't have the scandal-ridden past like Josh, but even then he's such a jackass that it's a toss up over who I'd pick if I were forced to spend an hour with one of them.  Congrats, Derick, you've managed to achieve Josh levels of loathing and you didn't even have to molest anyone to do it.

I imagine some "Jesus laid in upon my heart to return to home to Arkansas. Blah blah."

• Love 6

I'd argue that if Derrick was going to be able to parlay his conservative martyr moment with TLC into a Josh-esque Washington job, the time was last year. It's too bad for Derrick and Jill (but great for the rest of us), but if Derrick had really played the heck out of the "conservative christian family man fights evil librul TLC to stop abuse of poor, misguided Jazz", he may have gotten somewhere. Since he decided to go with the much less media-friendly "Ha! I wasn't fired, I QUIT!" double down and whatever that nonsense hospital bills argument was, though, I think we're spared from the horror of Derrick with power. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Zahdii said:

That's a very good point. I also seem to remember hearing that the staff at FRC all disliked Josh for his arrogant, entitled attitude and total lack of ability. I could easily see the FRC deciding that they weren't getting any return on their investment in him and cutting their losses.

• Love 6

I just can’t with these two.   Is there no such thing as personal space?   Jill — you do NOT need to be touching #besthubbyever (gag) AT ALL TIMES!   It’s actually possible to watch tv together without being right up against your spouse.... we do it all the time.  

It’s like she thinks he’s gonna run away or something.   She’s so insecure in her relationship, it makes you wonder what is going on in that house.  I’m thinking they don’t have much sex and thus her need to constantly be touching him.   It’s the only physical contact she gets.

• Love 11
9 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

I just can’t with these two.   Is there no such thing as personal space?   Jill — you do NOT need to be touching #besthubbyever (gag) AT ALL TIMES!   It’s actually possible to watch tv together without being right up against your spouse.... we do it all the time.  

It’s like she thinks he’s gonna run away or something.   She’s so insecure in her relationship, it makes you wonder what is going on in that house.  I’m thinking they don’t have much sex and thus her need to constantly be touching him.   It’s the only physical contact she gets.

Well, there IS “Becky from the third row.” Just sayin’...

• Love 9

Editing because DDD buried the lede. He rambled about his obesity and subsequent weight loss only to be all “lolz, jk guys, but listen as I impart my vast wisdom on you”

Wait what? Was this mentioned before, that Derick weighed close to 400lbs???  I did click on the link and he claims to have lost over 250 in just three months. To do this he’d have to create a nearly 10,000 calorie per day deficit. I honestly don’t think it’s physically possible. If you’re going to make shit up, at least keep it realistic.

From his blog:

Some of you may not know this, but 7 years ago I weighed nearly 400 pounds.  The day was New Years Eve, 2011, and I knew I needed to discipline myself to lose 250 pounds and lose it fast!  I didn’t know how I was going to do it nor how I would stay focused, but I was determined that it was going to happen, and nothing could stop me.  It was all set… I would wake up each morning at 3AM, super motivated, before my daily 4-hour weight workout that would warm me up for a 19-mile jog.  

Exercise was important, but I’m pretty sure diet was the key. An important factor was drinking a glass of orange juice that had been organically hand-squeezed the way a blog I read said to hand-squeeze it, but it also had to be the kind infused with glacier water that had locked in the right blend of purified nutrients since the ice age.  With this carefully-balanced plan, I could be successful.  I even surprised myself when I saw that nearly 100 pounds had just melted away in the first month!  I ended-up ahead of schedule, dropping 251 pounds in just 3 months!

Edited by Trillium
  • Love 3

And then he says this:

If this story sounds too good to be true, that’s because it is.  There’s a lot of talk this time of year about making resolutions.  

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 5

Oops my bad for not reading his whole nonsense post. 

Point still stands that he’s a dick. I don’t like his use of fake obesity as clickbait. Looks like he’s maintaining his King of the Assholes crown in 2019. 

• Love 21

The full blog post:

The Key to Keeping Your 2019 Resolutions

Jan 1, 2019 | Life Matters | 1 

In the spirit of the New Year, I’d like to share a personal story about New Year’s resolutions.  

Some of you may not know this, but 7 years ago I weighed nearly 400 pounds.  The day was New Years Eve, 2011, and I knew I needed to discipline myself to lose 250 pounds and lose it fast!  I didn’t know how I was going to do it nor how I would stay focused, but I was determined that it was going to happen, and nothing could stop me.  It was all set… I would wake up each morning at 3AM, super motivated, before my daily 4-hour weight workout that would warm me up for a 19-mile jog.  

Exercise was important, but I’m pretty sure diet was the key. An important factor was drinking a glass of orange juice that had been organically hand-squeezed the way a blog I read said to hand-squeeze it, but it also had to be the kind infused with glacier water that had locked in the right blend of purified nutrients since the ice age.  With this carefully-balanced plan, I could be successful.  I even surprised myself when I saw that nearly 100 pounds had just melted away in the first month!  I ended-up ahead of schedule, dropping 251 pounds in just 3 months!  

If this story sounds too good to be true, that’s because it is.  There’s a lot of talk this time of year about making resolutions.  Whether you intend to make a physical, financial, spiritual, or some other resolution, it’s important to have a game-plan for success. Just before heading off to serve in Nepal, in January 2012 a leader at my orientation shared some wise advice that has helped me roadmap various goals since then.  

You may have even heard this before, but this leader shared the importance of having S.M.A.R.T. goals.

Specific.  As the old adage goes… if you aim for nothing, you’re sure to hit it every time.  So be sure you know specifically what you’re shooting for in 2019.

Measurable.  How are you supposed to know whether you’ve reached your goal if you have not defined it within measurable bounds?!  Plus, if you’re a visual person like myself, it’s always motivating when I can chart out my progress toward a particular goal.  I always think back to elementary school, when I would watch the United Way progress thermometer fill up as our school worked toward our giving goal.  

Achievable.  Having an achievable goal is the key to avoiding discouragement, especially early on in your journey.  if our goals are unrealistic, we can get discouraged when we make it harder on ourselves to actually follow-through.  Like my hypothetical story above, if you were to oversleep your 3AM wakeup goal and subsequently cut short your 19-mile run because you weren’t able to fulfill your 4-hour weight room session, then you’re probably going to find it even harder to do the next day.  If you’re like me, when you skip a day, it can be even more tempting to justify falling more off track, saying something like “well… I already screwed up yesterday, what’s another day going to hurt?”  Knowing your own limits and setting achievable goals can help avoid this hang-up and keep you from getting discouraged along the way.         

Relevant.  Be sure to set goals that are consistent with your overall life plan.  This may seem obvious, but many times we fail to see the big picture.  Know what your overall, long-term goals are (think decades out).  Then reverse-engineer what your smaller goals are, so that they’re in-line with what you want to accomplish.  For example, if you want to own your own business, what are you doing now to build your skills and achieve that end.  Our daily activities should be in line with our higher-level vision for where we want to be in the future.  

Time-sensitive.  Procrastination is what we’re trying to guard against here.  Having goals that are both measurable and time-sensitive gives yourself rules, which you can use to judge whether you’re successful or not.    

If you’re looking for some helpful resources to get you motivated, here are two that really encouraged our family in 2018 and that are sure to get you off on the right foot in 2019: 1) Dave Ramsey’s Financial Peace University and book, “The Total Money Makeover,” and 2) Dr. Henry Cloud’s “Boundaries” book.

As always, keep everything in perspective and realize that nothing ultimately matters anyway unless it’s done for the one true God.  Colossians 3:23-24 says “Whatever you do, work heartily, as for the Lord and not for men, knowing that from the Lord you will receive the inheritance as your reward. You are serving the Lord Christ.” 

I'm pretty sure that's a fake. We've seen pictures of Derelict through college, and he was always rail thin. And based on other pictures from his youth, I don't think he's been even close to overweight a day in his life.

• Love 4