Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

On 11/16/2018 at 11:10 AM, dariafan said:

Some sort of minister or priest had an u terview recently saying yoga is of the devil. My true crime friends even mentioned “ witches britches”. Which I said sounded like something the Duggars would call them 

It was an AG pastor in my town and it was a part of his sermon at his mega church. I call this place Six Flags over Jesus because it’s obnoxiously huge and guess what they offer? Yoga.

I live 2 hrs from the Duggars (YAAAY). I’m actually kind of curious what fundies think of yoga 

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

Why does she even need the cream soups?  Just add the salsa verde to uncooked chicken, cook,  add some sour cream at the end (if you want to), and serve.  

Exactly! Or why not just add the chicken and salsa to the warm tortillas and make tacos. Everything is cooked, it should take about 10 minutes to prepare. Also, Jilly's latest slop looks like many of her old recipes, except it's cooked in a crockpot instead the oven.

• Love 7

If I knew any waiters personally, I would ask:  how many Sunday morning brunch obvious church people leave them a bible leaflet, in lieu of a tip?

I hate cheapness in general.  If one cannot afford a 15-20% tip, one should be eating at home.  Being a religious nut or otherwise, does not give one the right to stiff the waitperson, who has to smile and put up with a lot of bullshit, from their manager, and from many of their customers.

• Love 19

I love me some slow cooker recipes and I have one non slow cooker dish I make that involves cream of celery soup so I am not totally opposed to the cream soups but lord have mercy how much cream of whatever soup can a family of four eat in one month??? Their blood pressure must be through the roof. There are plenty of slow cooker recipes that don’t involve astronomical amounts of sodium. Can they even taste the other ingredients under all that salty soup? Also who the hell puts cooked chicken in a slow cooker? What is the point? She is ridiculous. Maybe she should spend her afternoons watching Food Network YouTube videos instead of live-streaming Derick’s law school lectures. 

• Love 19
37 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

If I knew any waiters personally, I would ask:  how many Sunday morning brunch obvious church people leave them a bible leaflet, in lieu of a tip?

I hate cheapness in general.  If one cannot afford a 15-20% tip, one should be eating at home.  Being a religious nut or otherwise, does not give one the right to stiff the waitperson, who has to smile and put up with a lot of bullshit, from their manager, and from many of their customers.

I waitresses for years...not many. I only got a few bible leaflets and most had a tip inside. I live in a VERY conservative area too! The worst tippers I ever encountered  were usually European vacationers. I was told once that over there gratuity is added into most checks so they don’t know to leave more. 

• Love 12
3 minutes ago, Farmfam said:

The worst tippers I ever encountered  were usually European vacationers. I was told once that over there gratuity is added into most checks so they don’t know to leave more. 

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's a cultural thing, not an asshole thing. My understanding is Europeans pay their servers a living wage and as such, tipping isn't a thing over there. In fact, I think a lot of other countries see tipping as either rude (as in, you're insinuating they're not making a decent living) or a mistake. 

• Love 17
1 minute ago, McManda said:

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that's a cultural thing, not an asshole thing. My understanding is Europeans pay their servers a living wage and as such, tipping isn't a thing over there. In fact, I think a lot of other countries see tipping as either rude (as in, you're insinuating they're not making a decent living) or a mistake. 

Oh I hope I didn’t come across saying they were being rude! I agree, I don’t think they knew to leave more...but because of that, they always stood out as “bad tippers” over here! 

• Love 3
16 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

I would really, really, really, really, REALLY like to believe she is trolling us with this post. Sadly, it's sincere. She is thirteen!

The server must ask the Dullards, "Clingy section or non-clingy section?"

• Love 18
19 minutes ago, Farmfam said:

Oh I hope I didn’t come across saying they were being rude!

Oh no, not at all!

It's just those little cultural differences that, as a traveller, I wouldn't even think to think about.

For what it's worth, I'm American and I mostly think our tipping culture is stupid, too. I do it because it's expected and what we do, but I definitely don't agree with feeling like I'm subsidizing restaurant labor and that 20% is expected not little more than making sure I actually get food.

• Love 10
38 minutes ago, Vaysh said:

As a European I apologize! Tip isn't always included (at least where I live it is quite rare), but we do tend to find American tipping culture a bit weird and vaguely offensive. Whenever I eat out I usually tip something, but that is as a thank you for good or great service and the amount is dependent on that. The idea that you have to pay 20% extra at all times whenever you go out to eat feels a lot like the restaurant owner is expecting you to pay part of their employees' salary because they are too greedy to pay their workers a living wage. Tip in Europe is more like an extra perk, it's not meant to be something the waiters are dependent on for a living. So, we don't mean to be cheap and mean when we go to US restaurants, we just don't view tips in the same way as you do. I think most Europeans learn and adapt to US tipping culture after a while but it can still feel a bit odd.

It is odd, your whole post is correct. God forbid the US actually pay their staff for providing a service! Do not apologize for cultural differences! 

• Love 18
38 minutes ago, McManda said:

Oh no, not at all!

It's just those little cultural differences that, as a traveller, I wouldn't even think to think about.

For what it's worth, I'm American and I mostly think our tipping culture is stupid, too. I do it because it's expected and what we do, but I definitely don't agree with feeling like I'm subsidizing restaurant labor and that 20% is expected not little more than making sure I actually get food.

It's essentially a money-saver for the business.They could simply increase base prices a bit and pay their staff a living wage, but they might lose a little on slow nights.

Some employers make wait staff pool tips, too, and then take a cut off the top. That's a win-win for them On slow nights, they pay their employees almost nothing, and on busy nights they take in a little extra.

There's really no other business that gets to operate this way -- where the employees take the risk for business being good or bad on a day-to-day basis.

Jill and Derick literally know nothing about the lives of working people, and I'm sure that if they did, they would believe that Jesus would provide better working conditions if "those people" only prayed more . . .

• Love 16
3 hours ago, zoomama said:

FYI: this Bible-believing, obvious church person, possible 'religious nut' ALWAYS leaves a generous tip.   ; )   just sayin' .....we are not  all the same cheap tippers etc that you'd think.

Thank you for pointing that out.  I didn't mean to say that every person that attends church is a bad tipper.

• Love 8
6 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I feel like she has posted variations on this same recipe many times.

I think she thinks she specializes in "Mexican" food.

4 hours ago, Vaysh said:

As a European I apologize! Tip isn't always included (at least where I live it is quite rare), but we do tend to find American tipping culture a bit weird and vaguely offensive. Whenever I eat out I usually tip something, but that is as a thank you for good or great service and the amount is dependent on that. The idea that you have to pay 20% extra at all times whenever you go out to eat feels a lot like the restaurant owner is expecting you to pay part of their employees' salary because they are too greedy to pay their workers a living wage. Tip in Europe is more like an extra perk, it's not meant to be something the waiters are dependent on for a living. So, we don't mean to be cheap and mean when we go to US restaurants, we just don't view tips in the same way as you do. I think most Europeans learn and adapt to US tipping culture after a while but it can still feel a bit odd.

Well, it feels that way because it is that way, LOL! If it helps though, I have heard people compare failure to tip waitstaff as akin to having your house painted, paying for the paint and then refusing to pay the painter.

Edited by MamaMax
  • Love 11
12 hours ago, MaryAnneSpier said:

I couldn't help but laugh when Jill's recipe description said she made this on days when she had a lot on her "to-do list".  Yes, she's such a busy wife and mother, always on the go. Stalking her husband while he's pursuing his delusions of success and usefulness, stocking up on canned cream of whatever soups, reading the Bible, dismissing her eldest child's needs. Yep, sounds like quite a busy day, every day. 

Exactly... I was wondering when exactly she was having these super busy days when she’s out of the house all day with no time to cook. Maybe when she goes to school with derick?

8 hours ago, Christina87 said:

I bet this is really it!!! It's so odd, because there's probably not anyone on the other side. You could say maybe the kids, but even when we were growing up, my parents would always sit on opposite sides, with one kid each. We still do this, even today! The only way it would make sense is if cathy and Izzy were across from them, and Sammy was in a high chair. Obviously there's is no high chair, so that's not the case. 

I came across this on Facebook and had to come here straight away! I have never, ever in my life seen food that looked more like vomit!!!

IMG_6703.PNG

That is horrific looking food!  As usual, no color or texture from fresh vegetables at all. That would help tremendously and would be so easy for a normal person to do!  

Edited by awaken
  • Love 9
6 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I feel like she has posted variations on this same recipe many times.

It’s always the same ingredients...canned cream soup, shredded cheese, tortillas, canned or pre-cooked chicken. Maybe ONE onion, green pepper, or some salsa. Maybe rice. 

5 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Sadly, I work with several wealthy people who don’t “believe “ in tipping waitstaff, delivery people, or otherwise. But live in $2M houses. 

• Love 16
21 minutes ago, awaken said:

It’s always the same ingredients...canned cream soup, shredded cheese, tortillas, canned or pre-cooked chicken. Maybe ONE onion, green pepper, or some salsa. Maybe rice. 

Sadly, I work with several wealthy people who don’t “believe “ in tipping waitstaff, delivery people, or otherwise. But live in $2M houses. 

I saw an episode of Dateline I.D. where a stingy millionaire was murdered by his young gold digging wife and her brother. Former associates said he was the type of guy to tip his barber ten cents and laugh about it. Although I wouldn't wish death on anyone, that episode really proved karma's a bitch.

Regarding Jill, her cooking style is 50 Shades of Beige. I can't imagine how badly their insides are gunked up by all that crap food.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, MamaMax said:

I think she thinks she specializes in "Mexican" food.

42 minutes ago, awaken said:

Exactly... I was wondering when exactly she was having these super busy days when she’s out of the house all day with no time to cook. Maybe when she goes to school with derick?

Thank you @MamaMax and @awaken. You both made me laugh out loud.

It's been my experience, too, that extremely wealthy people are very poor tippers -- and cheap in general. When I was living in NYC, I remember being behind a woman in the grocery store who was stubbornly arguing about a coupon she had for $0.10 off on a can of peas. The can she had purchased was not the same brand/size as the coupon, but she couldn't let it go. I wanted to say to her "I'll give you five bucks to just let it go and go home." I happen to know that this woman was extremely well off, but she felt her $0.10 off coupon (for a different product) was worth fighting until the end times to redeem. I also remember delivering something to an extremely rich and famous opera singer who tipped me a whole $0.25 for my trouble. These are just a couple of examples, but that has consistently been my experience  -- I haven't met every rich person in the world, though, so others might be different . . .

• Love 14
25 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

It's been my experience, too, that extremely wealthy people are very poor tippers -- and cheap in general. When I was living in NYC, I remember being behind a woman in the grocery store who was stubbornly arguing about a coupon she had for $0.10 off on a can of peas. The can she had purchased was not the same brand/size as the coupon, but she couldn't let it go. I wanted to say to her "I'll give you five bucks to just let it go and go home." I happen to know that this woman was extremely well off, but she felt her $0.10 off coupon (for a different product) was worth fighting until the end times to redeem. I also remember delivering something to an extremely rich and famous opera singer who tipped me a whole $0.25 for my trouble. These are just a couple of examples, but that has consistently been my experience  -- I haven't met every rich person in the world, though, so others might be different . . .

Ooooooh! As a fan of opera, that has me intrigued. ? People arguing about coupons are the worst, too!!!

i really wonder how all of their dishes don't taste the exact same. As far as I can tell, the recipes are all nearly identical. It's just really sad. I remember learning how to make a vegetable casserole as maybe a young teen, and being so proud of myself. It's easy, but has no canned soups. Honestly, i consider this to be a super simple recipe (hardest part honestly is opening all the cans of veggies), but I think it would be too hard for Jill. Even with all canned veggies, I just don't see her being able to do it, nor would she have any interest in anything moderately (which is a stretch lol) healthy. This was one of the few things I could make when I went off to college, and it was comforting to be able to have a taste of home when I really wanted it. Honestly, I think it is above her level. 

• Love 4
32 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

We lived in Kirkland Washington for many years, which isn't too far from Bill Gate's house.  My son's first job was a bus boy at a local restaurant.  Bill Gates used to frequent this restaurant with his two little kids, who, of course, were very messy.  My son said Bill Gates was a terribly cheap tipper..

• Love 5
14 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

She started with cooked chicken, lol.

You could put frozen chicken in there for four to five hours and it would be cooked  in that length of time. I am A LOUSY cook with zero role model (for cooking) and a useless palate, and even I've managed to do better than she does. I've used my fair share of 'Cream of' along the way but I've evolved, something I don't ever see happening for Jill.

Edited by Broken Ox
Grammar. It's good for the soul.
  • Love 5
14 hours ago, Trillium said:

They seriously do think they deserve special treatment. How dare the hostess try to separate them by making them sit across from each other! 

88DD1BA1-CD4A-42AA-9519-A2075E14F57B.jpeg

The only place I can think of where you can't move the chair is at fast food restaurants because they're bolted to the floor. Otherwise why not just move the chair? Maybe Jill thinks you can't be next to each other if the table is round.

• Love 4

Jill is trying to make money on her blog from her god-awful recipes.  She is a horrible cook, completely lacking in creativity.  Did she learn how to sew like Jana did?  Maybe she could make money showing off her sewing creations?  But since sewing doesn't allow for dumping I guess that's out.  She also can't give organization tips, because she's lacking in that department as well.  Maybe she should just give up on blogging altogether.  Even her pictures and videos are usually failures.  What if she just stayed home with her kids, paid attention to them privately and didn't worry about a following?  Yeah, right!  She needs the attention and adoration and has done nothing to merit it.  

• Love 17
46 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

The only place I can think of where you can't move the chair is at fast food restaurants because they're bolted to the floor. Otherwise why not just move the chair? Maybe Jill thinks you can't be next to each other if the table is round.

In my experience,  the only tables in a restaurant where you would not be able to fit 2 people on one side are the small 2 person ones that most restaurants use last.  If the hostess is seating them at one of those it usually means that all available larger tables are being used.   Also Jill and Dreck asking to be moved would throw off the server rotation.  If the restaurant is busy enough to use the 2 tips, the Jill and Dreck should just sit at the bar to be able to sit next to each other. 

• Love 9
18 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

In my experience,  the only tables in a restaurant where you would not be able to fit 2 people on one side are the small 2 person ones that most restaurants use last.  If the hostess is seating them at one of those it usually means that all available larger tables are being used.   Also Jill and Dreck asking to be moved would throw off the server rotation.  If the restaurant is busy enough to use the 2 tips, the Jill and Dreck should just sit at the bar to be able to sit next to each other. 

Tha Bar??  Where they can see alcohol and more easily observe sinners partaking?  I don’t think they go to restaurants with bars do they?

• Love 24
4 hours ago, Broken Ox said:

I am A LOUSY cook with zero role model (for cooking) and a useless palate, and even I've managed to do better than she does. I've used my fair share of 'Cream of' along the way but I've evolved, something I don't ever see happening for Jill.

^^Me too. In my case the evolution has been slow, but real, lol.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Tha Bar??  Where they can see alcohol and more easily observe sinners partaking?  I don’t think they go to restaurants with bars do they?

They go to Olive Garden! ??? fine eye-talian cuisine!

btw I bet Derick is PUMPED any time they get to go out, since he gets a real meal instead of Jill's cooking!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I think it can be cute when couples sit on the same side of a table or booth together, but this is Jill and Derrick. Asking to MOVE so they can sit hip to hip is obnoxious! They live together, they are together almost all the time, I wonder why they are compelled to sit next to each other rather than looking at each other. 

• Love 16
15 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

I think it can be cute when couples sit on the same side of a table or booth together, but this is Jill and Derrick. Asking to MOVE so they can sit hip to hip is obnoxious! They live together, they are together almost all the time, I wonder why they are compelled to sit next to each other rather than looking at each other. 

Right?! It's the same idea as the person who won't have dinner with you because they miss their husband. It's like...dude...it's ONE night!!! Not even a whole night! Like...two hours tops. You literally get to eat with him every other night! Though he might not say it, he might enjoy a meal in solitude every now and then too, or he could go out with a friend too. Or hell...you can even BRING him if being away is too painful! I just want to see YOU! You're still my friend, even though you are married. 

Omg. Biggest pet peeve ever. I'm 200% sure jill is like this, too. I bet if jana ever wanted to go out to a restaurant or something, Jilly wouldn't be able to unless Derick was in class or something. 

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 13
On 11/17/2018 at 2:47 PM, Christina87 said:

I came across this on Facebook and had to come here straight away! I have never, ever in my life seen food that looked more like vomit!!!

IMG_6703.PNG

Went to look at their website; new experience for me and I have to say - you guys are brave to peruse it more than once or return to see if there are new recipes to mock.  The people who go there to actually get a recipe and cook it?  I can't even imagine!  This must be geared toward folks who find instant oatmeal a challenge.

What struck me as I browsed through was the amazing lack of color - 90% of the food pictured was shades of beige and beigy yellows.  A palette no doubt created by the every present ingredients of noodles/rice/tortillas, creamed soup and cheese that grace the majority of the "dishes".  Even the slow cooker pot roast was colorless with whole uncut potatoes and anemic looking baby carrots (shouldn't they be bright orange not pale yellowish orange?).  I did find a couple green bean recipes and one or two with broccoli as a side. To me the broccoli cheese soup picture is particularly odd, the broccoli pieces are huge not nearly bite sized and made to look all the larger by the tiny plastic spoon. 

That's another thing I noticed - Jill is not into cutting up her food unless she absolutely can't avoid it - the potatoes for the pot roast (they're totally whole, not even cut in quarters so the flavor gets in there and they'll cook through easier, the broccoli for the soup, the carrots (pre-cut baby size).  I hope she cuts up the food when serving to Izzy and Sam, that or they'll develop some VERY strong jaw muscles.  Now that I say that though I realize, this may be what's delaying Derrick's healing and keeping his jaw out of alignment all this time.  It's starting to make sense.

Capture.JPG

Edited by sigmaforce86
  • Love 16
20 hours ago, irisheyes said:

Why does she even need the cream soups?  Just add the salsa verde to uncooked chicken, cook,  add some sour cream at the end (if you want to), and serve.  

20 hours ago, Lunera said:

Exactly! Or why not just add the chicken and salsa to the warm tortillas and make tacos. Everything is cooked, it should take about 10 minutes to prepare. Also, Jilly's latest slop looks like many of her old recipes, except it's cooked in a crockpot instead the oven.

I think theres an Easy Pot type of recipe that includes frozen chicken, salsa & rice. Sounds like something Jill could handle.   

Why can't she look up & prepare something different like the food Derelict liked when he was in Nepal?  I know her & Jana did the one meal but she could start with something easier & possibly get Izzy involved.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I think theres an Easy Pot type of recipe that includes frozen chicken, salsa & rice. Sounds like something Jill could handle.   

Why can't she look up & prepare something different like the food Derelict liked when he was in Nepal?  I know her & Jana did the one meal but she could start with something easier & possibly get Izzy involved.  

She would have to find a source for cream of yak soup though...

3 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Why can't she look up & prepare something different

The “look up” part is self-evident.

”Different?” If it’s not Duggar-derived, it’s not food, apparently.

• Love 12
23 hours ago, Trillium said:

They seriously do think they deserve special treatment. How dare the hostess try to separate them by making them sit across from each other! 

88DD1BA1-CD4A-42AA-9519-A2075E14F57B.jpeg

Brings new meaning to the phrase "joined at the hip."

• Love 12
21 hours ago, Vaysh said:

the restaurant owner is expecting you to pay part of their employees' salary because they are too greedy to pay their workers a living wage. 

This is pretty much true. They're allowed to pay far below minimum wage with the expectation that servers will make up the rest in tips. The whole tipping culture is boosted by our history of slavery. So Derrick and Jill might justify their poor tipping by saying, "well, we didn't want them to feel like slaves!"

• Love 11