Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

47 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Anywho, I wrap this rant up for now, but Jill drives me crazy. I want so much for her.

The problem is that Jill doesn't want anything more than she currently has.  I don't know that she's ecstatically happy, but she doesn't seem unhappy to me.  She is in the exact role she was raised to fulfill, and seems to have no aspirations of anything beyond that.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Check it out, I learned how to bold the font!

I have twins who got Candyland for their third birthday. I tried to play with them a few times, but they couldn’t keep their hands off their game pieces, they wanted to pretend the the gingerbread men were eating the castle, etc, so it got shelved.

I pulled it back out a few months ago, and they are four now. My impetus for pulling it out - in contrast to Jill who is going to homeschool - to work on Twin A’s fine motor skills, and Twin B’s preschool teacher suggested we work at home on her staying on task. So, we do a lot of different things, none of them include watching lectures online ?, and play a board game most days. 

Now, I am very competitive. I have set a rule for myself that I cannot play games in public because I am too competitive, but I have never once gotten competitive WITH MY YOUNG CHILDREN. They are fun to be around! They are fun to play with! Our game pieces high five each other as they pass each other! We play until everyone has gotten to the castle, and the kids have learned it’s a bummer to win early because then you sit there watching everyone else play.

i know this is a belated response to the Candyland video, but I think about it practically daily. Playing games with my kids is often the highlight of my day. I turn my phone on silent and put it away so they have my complete attention. When I ask my kids open/ended questions like, “what was your favorite part of today?” (take note, Jill), it’s not unusual for one of them to say it was playing games. 

What’s missing in Jill’s life is joy. There’s no joy! She slogs through everything, putting one foot in front of the other to survive moment to moment. I know meds and therapy aren’t a possibility, but hot damn if she doesn’t need some sort of intervention. Maybe there is a fundie approved yoga? She needs to take those boys outside every moment she can. I stand firm that sunshine can fix a lot of things, or at least help. Doesn’t she have a fenced in backyard? I think I remember seeing one with her garden. I don’t recall seeing toys ?

Anywho, I wrap this rant up for now, but Jill drives me crazy. I want so much for her.

Some sort of minister or priest had an u terview recently saying yoga is of the devil. My true crime friends even mentioned “ witches britches”. Which I said sounded like something the Duggars would call them 

• Love 3
44 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Some sort of minister or priest had an u terview recently saying yoga is of the devil. My true crime friends even mentioned “ witches britches”. Which I said sounded like something the Duggars would call them 

My mom, a mainstream megachurch attendee, also believes yoga and meditation are of the devil!  I certainly heard that when I we was a SDA, too.

• Love 2
9 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

In all my years of apple picking, picking strawberries and picking pumpkins I have never picked a pumpkin off the vine. Never once did I or my children ever feel the need to discuss the difference, because, you know, we were caught up in having fun. 

Why do I get the feeling that Jessa spent a half hour having Spurgie pose and say cheese and when she went to make the video he just kept doing it. I also think her post is telling. First she finds a reason to share the post - a video for grandma, then she goes on and on about disobedience because her two year old said no. The difference between Jill and Jessa is Jessa knows when to cut the video.

Exactly!

• Love 2

I have lunch with my husband most Fridays since he usually only works a half day. I have never taken a picture of us to brag.  Plus she considers going to Sam’s Club a date so don’t they have #dailydates?

• Love 16
On 11/14/2018 at 9:37 PM, Albanyguy said:

So much for their claim that each courting couple is free to set their own ground rules for the courtship.

Yes, here are their choices: 

Not optional: no front hugs, kisses, hand holding, time alone.

Optional: don't look directly at each other. 

13 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I think that the thing we forget here is that Jill has very different ideas about "good parenting" than the majority of people on this board. I don't think that she so much resents Israel, as she simply doesn't know how to be a good parent. She mimics how she was parented because, as we all know, she was raised by MOTY who is the bestest possible role model.

I think that it's very important to her as a mother to show that she doesn't coddle Izzy and she takes great pains to show him that he's NOT special. He is, after all, a terrible sinner in need of saving, and he's old enough now to know that.

I also think that she takes her cues from Derick who builds up his own ego by mocking and belittling people around him including his wife and toddler. I think that part of the reason that Jessa comes off as a much better parent is because she takes her cues from Ben who is more loving and nurturing -- she sure as hell didn't learn that at the TTH!

I was going to post something similar, which is that the Duggars all have terrible role models for parenting and what is going to make the difference is their spouse.  If they were parented with more love and attention or are just warmer emotionally in general, I think that will have a positive effect. Derrick strikes me as mean and dismissive.  Emotionally unavailable. I don't know how Cathy parented him, but I wouldn't be surprised if he never got any grief counseling and that will mess someone up.

I have a close friend who lost her mom when we were college students. She has had lots of therapy but will readily admit that she has some parenting hang-ups that are related. She is extremely uncomfortable and anxious to be separated from her kids for any amount of time over like 8 hours. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

We took the kids to a pumpkin patch last month. They picked their own pumpkins. I think Jill doesn't know the difference between "picked" as in picked off the vine, and "picked out" as in choosing from the available ones. She's an idiot.   

It is so interesting to me that y'all got to go to an actual pumpkin patch.  I grew up in a rural area and we always got our pumpkins at the supermarket or pop up place like Xmas tree places.  Never been to a patch.  4-H may have done both sales in my town.  I cannot remember.  All I know is there were no patch visits.  

3 hours ago, dariafan said:

Something tells me this is what I am going to start calling pants.  HA!

• Love 6
9 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Mr. lookeyloo and I go out now and then.  we never sit on the same side of the booth.

Same here.  It's easier to look across the booth/table to really see one another, head-on.  Talking is easier too, I think.

Looking sideways while eating?  Not very comfortable.

OT:  I watched Rain Man today, the first time since probably the 90's?  Anyway, now I see that Tom Cruise has misaligned teeth, in the same way as Dillweed!  It's weird that I never really noticed that in Tom's case, before.  BTT:  Dillweed looked better before any of that surgery on his jaw, or whatever.  Sometimes it's better to leave well enough, alone.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, Triple P said:

I initially read #soblessed as #soobsessed. I think it fits.

I did, too! I thought she was finally admitting being obsessed with her horse-faced husband. Apologies to horses for the comparison.

47 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

Mr. lookeyloo and I go out now and then.  we never sit on the same side of the booth.

Never in a booth. We do often sit on the adjacent sides if we are seated at a four-top that is not a booth, rather than across from each other (not sure if that makes sense). That's just so you are closer and it is easier to talk.

5 hours ago, Lunera said:

Why do they always sit on the same side? Weirdos. 

Well obviously because they're so in wuv and married people in wuv sit close to each other so people can see they're in wuv.  Ick. 

My husband and I sit across from each other, unless it's at a banquet someplace where we have to sit at a round table or at a meeting where we have to sit next to each other. And since we have kids, it's easier to keep up with all 3. 

• Love 8
4 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

It is so interesting to me that y'all got to go to an actual pumpkin patch.  I grew up in a rural area and we always got our pumpkins at the supermarket or pop up place like Xmas tree places.  Never been to a patch.  4-H may have done both sales in my town.  I cannot remember.  All I know is there were no patch visits.  

North Dakota is pretty rural. There's a pumpkin patch really close. There were also ones in Illinois and Virginia too. We never had one in Louisiana. We just bought one from the store.  The kids loved the patch. They had a lot of fun activities to go along with the pumpkins. 

I also read that hash tag as #soobsessed. And I love my husband with all my heart and soul. I'm the luckiest girl in the world. But I'm not on social media hashtagging #besthubbyevah and shit. For many reasons. But mostly because I'm not 12.

• Love 15

My husband and I typically go out to eat every week.  We are very sarcastic people, so we'll sit (facing each other) pointing out and making fun of "date night" couples.  We'll make fun of the couples sitting side by side and lawd we'll roast their asses if they take a selfie together.  If we saw Jill & Derek, we'd probably have each other laughing so hard they would notice. 

• Love 23
11 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Jill's expression: "Nothing to see here folks! We're happy! Really, really happy!!! DON'T WE LOOK HAPPY?!!!!" 

The relationship humblebraggers are always the most dysfunctional behind the scenes.

She looks to be n the edge of snapping. 

• Love 7

“New” recipe:

Easy Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken & Tortillas

Nov 17, 2018 | Recipes | 0 

This recipe is another easy one that we had on occasion in the Duggar home when I was a kid. It can be thrown in the slow cooker for 3-5 hours so you’ll have a tasty meal without needing to spend a lot of time on preparation. I love doing slow cooker meals when I know I’m gonna be out of the house or I have a lot on my to-do list. I made it this week (12 tortilla version) and both boys loved it! Sam had his by itself and Israel had his rolled up inside a flour tortilla.

(Serves 8)

4 C. chicken, cooked, cubed

12-18 corn tortillas (tear or cut into bite size pieces)

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 can cream of mushroom soup

8 oz. salsa verde (you can substitute for your favorite red salsa if you prefer!)

1 C. sour cream

1 C. shredded Mexican cheese (or cheddar)

Combine soups, salsa, & sour cream in a bowl & mix well (blend if kids don’t like the chunks). Grease 5 quart slow cooker and layer chicken, tortillas & sauce thinly. Cook on low 3-5 hours. Add the cheese 15 min. before serving. Make with more tortillas and eat alone, or less tortillas and serve with chips, inside warm tortillas (flour or corn), or over rice.

9 hours ago, Steff said:

My husband and I typically go out to eat every week.  We are very sarcastic people, so we'll sit (facing each other) pointing out and making fun of "date night" couples.  We'll make fun of the couples sitting side by side and lawd we'll roast their asses if they take a selfie together.  If we saw Jill & Derek, we'd probably have each other laughing so hard they would notice. 

You must be our twins..lol We are super sarcastic as well and do the same thing you and your husband do. Mr. Madtown works horrible hours, so we pretty much eat out all the time. We always use a line from The King of Queens about people sitting next to each other.."We aren't on a date, sit over there", meaning across from each other..lol We would be the same way if we ever saw Jill and Dipshit on a "date"
Jill's hashtags make her even more immature than she already is. I should comment on one of her pictures someday and out do her on hashtags..

Edited by Madtown
  • Love 6
1 minute ago, Triple P said:

If the chichen is cooked before it is in the slow cooker, why does it take 3 to 5 hours to make this? I am not a good cook, but it seems like this should take an hour at most.

That was my thought. What a waste of electricity. All of this could be “dumped” in a pot on the stove, and heated up in less than 30 minutes.

• Love 23
15 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I think they sit on the same side of the table so they can each see what is in the other person’s line of vision.

?‍♀️

Sadly, Ii think you might be right. She's poised to shout Nike.

• Love 6
11 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

Sadly, Ii think you might be right. She's poised to shout Nike.

So I don’t get it. It’s like someone yelling “don’t look!” First thing any sentient being is going to do is look around for what the hell they’re not supposed to look at.

It’s counterintuitive.

But these are Duggars.

Never mind.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

“New” recipe:

Easy Slow Cooker Creamy Chicken & Tortillas

Nov 17, 2018 | Recipes | 0 

This recipe is another easy one that we had on occasion in the Duggar home when I was a kid. It can be thrown in the slow cooker for 3-5 hours so you’ll have a tasty meal without needing to spend a lot of time on preparation. I love doing slow cooker meals when I know I’m gonna be out of the house or I have a lot on my to-do list. I made it this week (12 tortilla version) and both boys loved it! Sam had his by itself and Israel had his rolled up inside a flour tortilla.

(Serves 8)

4 C. chicken, cooked, cubed

12-18 corn tortillas (tear or cut into bite size pieces)

1 can cream of chicken soup

1 can cream of mushroom soup

8 oz. salsa verde (you can substitute for your favorite red salsa if you prefer!)

1 C. sour cream

1 C. shredded Mexican cheese (or cheddar)

Combine soups, salsa, & sour cream in a bowl & mix well (blend if kids don’t like the chunks). Grease 5 quart slow cooker and layer chicken, tortillas & sauce thinly. Cook on low 3-5 hours. Add the cheese 15 min. before serving. Make with more tortillas and eat alone, or less tortillas and serve with chips, inside warm tortillas (flour or corn), or over rice.

I was going to post something about the fact that everything in this recipe is already cooked -- but everyone else who saw this sadness beat me to it! There is also nothing to cut the sodium level in can after can of soup except the sour cream (yay! extra fat!).

Jill must have been surprised and confused while in DA that no one there seemed to actually know how to cook the "spicy" Mexican dishes she knew. 

• Love 8
21 hours ago, Lunera said:

Why do they always sit on the same side? Weirdos. 

Silly, it's so Jill can jump onto Dreck's lap at a moment's notice should a scantily clad hussy so much as look at him. Gotta defend her territory and let everyone know he's  taken.

• Love 9
On 11/16/2018 at 12:15 AM, Sew Sumi said:

Love this post, but we really don't see much of Ben to be able to make a real assessment of him as either a husband or a father. Yeah, we know that he loved his kids, but how hands-on is he? We don't even know what Ben does to ostensibly "support" them.

I have to agree, in part, with your assessment. We see very little of Ben, and Jessa is much more aggressive about editing her posts than Jill is.

image.png.8afc20f2aefe1b9dfd20720dc3c5150f.png

Still, I think it's a pretty low bar, and this stuffed bear is a more nurturing "parent" than Derick. The stuffed bear, at least, isn't pushing the cub away. Until proven otherwise (and, it's very possible, I'll admit), I will believe that Ben is at least as nurturing as an inert stuffed animal.

• Love 11
17 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I think they sit on the same side of the table so they can each see what is in the other person’s line of vision.

?‍♀️

I bet this is really it!!! It's so odd, because there's probably not anyone on the other side. You could say maybe the kids, but even when we were growing up, my parents would always sit on opposite sides, with one kid each. We still do this, even today! The only way it would make sense is if cathy and Izzy were across from them, and Sammy was in a high chair. Obviously there's is no high chair, so that's not the case. 

I came across this on Facebook and had to come here straight away! I have never, ever in my life seen food that looked more like vomit!!!

IMG_6703.PNG

• Love 17

Because I like math and have nothing better to do right now, I calculated the calorie and sodium counts for Jill’s latest culinary abomination.  Using 12 tortillas in the recipe, calories per serving are 457. Using 18 tortillas, calories are 503 per serving. Total sodium in the recipe from the two soups alone is 3998 mg. Per serving, that is almost 500 mg of sodium just from the soup.  Daily sodium allowance per the CDC for an average adult is 2300 mg.   I didn’t count the carbs in the recipe though. I don’t like math that much. The carbs would send a diabetic right to the coma zone.

• Love 19

So I was trying once again to imagine what one of these festivals of sodium would actually taste like and realized yet again that I can’t and that all their “family” recipes have the same texture, meaning none. So I thought, “why is all their food baby food” and I thought...oh. Wait. At any given time 30% of the family had no teeth.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

I bet this is really it!!! It's so odd, because there's probably not anyone on the other side. You could say maybe the kids, but even when we were growing up, my parents would always sit on opposite sides, with one kid each. We still do this, even today! The only way it would make sense is if cathy and Izzy were across from them, and Sammy was in a high chair. Obviously there's is no high chair, so that's not the case. 

I came across this on Facebook and had to come here straight away! I have never, ever in my life seen food that looked more like vomit!!!

IMG_6703.PNG

Someone mentioned it looked like the contents of a stomach after an autopsy. Yep.

• Love 18