Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Temperance said:

What does this refer to?

My question about Derek knowing about the molestation prior to he and Jill marrying.  His personality seemed to go off the rails around that point. 

• Love 5

I don't have any hopes that Jill and Derick will be a long term couple. He seems to hate everything about her and the kids. It's not what he was dreaming of and I totally agree that he became unhinged after learning about Jill's childhood.

Jill can try as hard as she can but she can't hide the fact that there is something seriously wrong with Derick. They both need some deep therapy that bible date nights can not solve. 

• Love 18

12 hours ago, Baby Button Eyes said:

Seriously though, can they ever eat a dinner that doesn’t involve pasta or cheese? 

12 hours ago, Heathen said:

Chick Fil A or tater tot casserole. 

I'm pretty sure the tater tot casserole had cheese in it. 

On the other hand, there are those "special dinners" that Drek makes which seem to involve nothing more than a slab of cow and a few leaves of lettuce on a plate in a smoke filled kitchen, so there's that...

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 8
19 hours ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

Well it confirms her status as a Stage 5 clinger. 

I saw that a bunch in my time in a fundy church.  The girls want in good with the future mil... plus no sisters that compete with 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, momofsquid said:

If Lily and Ellie are correct, there is no cheese. http://www.duggarfamilyblog.com/2010/03/tater-tot-casserole.html My god, that sounds disgusting. Tater tots drenched in creamy slop. 

There are plenty variations on line where veggies are added and healthier substitutions for the cream sauce slop. I'm sure shredded cheese could be added in the casserole or on top.

I'm imagining the Duggar  cooks would just lay out squares of plastic cheese on top. 

• Love 6
19 hours ago, latetotheparty said:

I’ve actually made spaghetti pie; it was a WW recipe. You cook the pasta and mix it with the eggs and parm and press it into your pie pan. It becomes the “crust” when it’s baked. I can’t imagine sour cream having the proper texture; I used ricotta. Taste-wise it’s similar to lasagna. 

Ricotta makes much more sense. I do note that there isn’t a single spice or herb listed...no oregano or basil? The Italian sausage version would at least add some garlic  and some fennel...

Does Jill even have spices at her house? Everything is spectacularly bland other than “aminos” or Rotel....

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Fuzzysox said:

I don't have any hopes that Jill and Derick will be a long term couple. He seems to hate everything about her and the kids. It's not what he was dreaming of and I totally agree that he became unhinged after learning about Jill's childhood.

Jill can try as hard as she can but she can't hide the fact that there is something seriously wrong with Derick. They both need some deep therapy that bible date nights can not solve. 

They’ll stay together, no matter how miserable one or the other is.  I’ll bet money that there’ll never be a divorce within the Duggar family.

• Love 21
2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Does Jill even have spices at her house? Everything is spectacularly bland other than “aminos” or Rotel....

For some reason, all of the sisters have an entire set of Simply Organic spices at their respective houses. I don't know why, since they don't appear to use them.

Edited by graefin
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, graefin said:

For some reason, all of the sisters have an entire set of Simply Organic spices at their respective houses. I don't know why, since they don't appear to use them.

They probably thought it was trendy enough to put on their wedding registers, and someone bestowed them with spice gifts.  See, even the Duggars eat organically and healthfully!  (Not.)

• Love 8
6 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Remember when Jessa mispronounced paprika, and acted like she'd never heard of it, while they were cooking for joy? What a great bunch of homemakers!

She also mispronounced "duvet" using an -et sound at the end instead of the -ey. And these are girls who were supposedly raised as experts on all things domestic...

• Love 13
3 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Ricotta makes much more sense. I do note that there isn’t a single spice or herb listed...no oregano or basil? The Italian sausage version would at least add some garlic  and some fennel...

Shhh but you don't use oregano in sauce unless you are making pizza sauce. Sour cream (eww no just no), disgusting! That girl needs Jeremy to give her some lessons on how to make real Italian food. 

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 6
19 minutes ago, graefin said:

Which they all store on a windowsill. In the sun. Which we ALL know is the ideal place to store spices. *eyeroll*

• Love 23
22 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Which they all store on a windowsill. In the sun. Which we ALL know is the ideal place to store spices. *eyeroll*

God forbid they put them in the cabinet where no one can see them lined up in all their glory ? Too bad the food they cook doesn't make as pretty a picture.

30 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

She also mispronounced "duvet" using an -et sound at the end instead of the -ey. And these are girls who were supposedly raised as experts on all things domestic...

Big surprise coming from Ms. "Wala." ? On the other hand, she seemed proud not to know what "juggernaut" meant, so maybe the ignorance is intentional.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Why does "paper chains" require a hashtag? I loathe hashtags so I am clearly biased, but isn't the purpose of them to group posts on similar topics? Is there a huge group of people interested in searching Instagram for paper chains? Why do I spend so much more time thinking about Jill's idiot posts than she does?

• Love 17
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

That I can give her a pass on, it's not a word that you come across very often unless you're really into sheets and bed linens.  It also reminds me of a clothing company called Koret, which I, mindful of words like "duvet", always pronounced as "Kor-ay" and which most sales people I talked to pronounced as "Kor-et".  

• Love 2
27 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

Why does "paper chains" require a hashtag? I loathe hashtags so I am clearly biased, but isn't the purpose of them to group posts on similar topics? Is there a huge group of people interested in searching Instagram for paper chains? Why do I spend so much more time thinking about Jill's idiot posts than she does?

Thank you! I have asked these questions about hashtags before and still don't understand them!

• Love 6
4 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Remember when Jessa mispronounced paprika, and acted like she'd never heard of it, while they were cooking for joy? What a great bunch of homemakers!

My personal favorite was when she was adding an Italian seasoning mix to ground beef and earnestly explained that the amount you add depends on how "spicy" you want it. 

• Love 10

I'm curious why they "had" to make paper chains after they read the book. Was that something Israel wanted and  insisted they do, or did the book require them to make paper chain after reading the book? Clarity, Jill, clarity! It 'd be nice if Israel asked to make the chains, and Jill agreed.

• Love 3

I cringe when I see Izzy doing any task. I hope I'm wrong thinking that anything he does is met with criticism.

Came back to add that Izzy is probably making the paper chain because the book was about a party. It seems the Duggar girls spent more time learning how to make kindergarten grade level decorations than they did learning how to cook.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 11
8 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Thank you! I have asked these questions about hashtags before and still don't understand them!

So, basically. Jill uses hashtags terribly. The number one reason for a hashtag is so people can find your posts. (Then they can like/follow you.) (The optimal number of tags for a post is seven, by the way.) They’re meant to be common things people would search under a topic (for instance, I use the vintage fashion tag on instagram a lot) so they can see what you’re doing. The paper chains one is just...random and there was probably a better tag or two she could have used. She doesn’t use them often, but when she does, she does it badly. 

• Love 8
9 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:
14 hours ago, BitterApple said:

That I can give her a pass on, it's not a word that you come across very often unless you're really into sheets and bed linens.  It also reminds me of a clothing company called Koret, which I, mindful of words like "duvet", always pronounced as "Kor-ay" and which most sales people I talked to pronounced as "Kor-et". 

I'll hang my head in shame and admit that, being completely NOT into fashion at all; for years I pronounced Versace as (trying to put it phonetically so you get the idea):                  Vur (like fur) - Say - Ss (the last like the end of the word hiss).

I think it comes down to exposure, I'd seen it in print or at a store once or twice; but never heard it pronounced.  I imagine Jill with her sequestered up bringing, no radio, no TV encounters a LOT of words she either has never heard of before or only ever saw them written so she does the best she can, doesn't realize some letters are silent or there's an Italian or French pronunciation and she ends up saying it phonetically.  Hmmm.........that last bit sounds like I'm defending her, maybe I'm just understanding why she'd have a limited vocabulary and mispronounce new words, that part makes sense.   But now that she has the opportunity she doesn't seem to be trying to expand much.  Derrick looked like he was trying to expose her to new things and she tried that "traditional" meal for him once  (or maybe that was just for the show) but since then there hasn't been much progress - I wonder does she know she's limited and doesn't care or does she really think she's "educated"?  With the continuous, childish "yaay" responses, the confusion over CandyLand rules and the ongoing "my glop is a new and innovative recipe" my money is on her believing she's got it together.  And I wouldn't be surprised if she thought she was smart "for a girl" and that she also was taught and believes that Derrick, her Daddy and her Brothers will always be smarter then her because of some male leadership/penis=brains/barefoot and pregnant Gothard BS.

Edited by sigmaforce86
  • Love 21
16 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I cringe when I see Izzy doing any task. I hope I'm wrong thinking that anything he does is met with criticism.

Came back to add that Izzy is probably making the paper chain because the book was about a party. It seems the Duggar girls spent more time learning how to make kindergarten grade level decorations than they did learning how to cook.

All those many hours spent making banners!  Birthday greetings, weddings, babies.  That's what I remember most from their shows.  Kids spread out down the long counter or endless table, being directed by Jill and Jana on how to color in the letters.  That was more important to them than an education.

Edited by louannems
  • Love 10

And, a new recipe:

French Onion Dip

Nov 10, 2018 | Recipes | 0 

This super easy dip is one we used to always take to music recitals and parties with finger foods. It is a little different than most that I find on a soup box and is a favorite snack food.

24 oz. sour cream

2 pkg. dry onion soup mix (each box usually comes with 2 pkgs.)

Mix sour cream and onion soup mix together. Stir or blend well. Chill 30 min. Serve with pretzels, veggies or corn tortilla chips.

What’s different about it, Jill?

E0ED523D-C50F-487A-8A8A-102D594555F4.jpeg

• Love 15

It's hard to tell from Jill's awful SM posts whether Izzy is completely ignored and desperate for attention, or if he has inherited the tremendous neediness that we see in so many of the Duggars: JB, cousin Amy, and Jill to name a few. It's possible that their neediness comes from terrible parenting, too, or perhaps they're just more needy than most -- I don't know.

This was really close to being a cute video. If Jill had shortened it a bit, and left out the parts where she and Derick were correcting Izzy, it would have been fine. If she had done 15-20 seconds of Sam spinning in his seat, and include the bit where Izzy says "jump like me" and Sam starts jumping, that would have been cute, and there really wouldn't have been anything to snark on.

• Love 10

Sam was spinning for a full 2 minutes. That's horrible. Did they take him out and watch him fall as he tried to walk? I'm sure he threw up too. They're cruel. And one last thing, how many contraptions do they have to keep that poor child confined?

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Good grief, that “recipe” is fifty years old and it’s straight off the Lipton onion soup box circa 1963.

Girl is delusional.

Maybe her recipe uses two packets of soup mix instead of one (extra sodium, mmm, mmm)?

OMG! I looked it up, and that's really the case! The "recipe" on the Lipton site has 1 packet of soup mix to 1 container of sour cream.

Edited by cmr2014
Actually looked up recipe
  • Love 10
19 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

And, a new recipe:

French Onion Dip

Nov 10, 2018 | Recipes | 0 

This super easy dip is one we used to always take to music recitals and parties with finger foods. It is a little different than most that I find on a soup box and is a favorite snack food.

24 oz. sour cream

2 pkg. dry onion soup mix (each box usually comes with 2 pkgs.)

Mix sour cream and onion soup mix together. Stir or blend well. Chill 30 min. Serve with pretzels, veggies or corn tortilla chips.

What’s different about it, Jill?

E0ED523D-C50F-487A-8A8A-102D594555F4.jpeg

The one on the box probably also includes cream

cheese. But she “had to be different” so she’s not “stealing”’recipes. 

I make fench onion dip from scratch. Caramelize a large onion with some salt and pepper, 16 oz sour cream, 8 oz cream cheese, and a tablespoon of Penzy’s* Sunny Paris seasoning blend.  A billion times better than this non recipe.

*Penzy’s is very openly a liberal, LGBT accepting company. Jill might be condemned to a lake of fire if she uses that. Better stick with the Walmart Great Value French Onion soup mix. 

• Love 20
28 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Sam was spinning for a full 2 minutes. That's horrible. Did they take him out and watch him fall as he tried to walk? I'm sure he threw up too. They're cruel. And one last thing, how many contraptions do they have to keep that poor child confined?

I think Sam is too big for the contraption. I stopped using them as my kids got close to age 1...but for being dizzy...my kids love it. I guess the nauseous feeling comes with age? 

• Love 5

My only question is if you are intent on making this type of dip ( kind of unhealthy, totally processed and uninspired) why don't you just buy the french dip tubs they sell at the store? Marginally easier and perhaps cheaper?

I used to cook from scratch a lot but for a recipe like this I would totally just buy the end result. Nothing to be gained by doing it this way, you just dirty a dish.

Now making your own salsa- yup, totally better with fresh ingredients. Or making your own hummus- also yum. This is just... why...

Edited by yogi2014L
  • Love 7