Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

5 minutes ago, Picture It. Sicily said:

Where are these vids? YouTube? Do people leave comments? I can't imagine people are complimenting their parenting skills?

They disabled comments on their videos after Jill's stupid carseat hack.

• Love 6
46 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

OMG, I can't believe Candyland is way too advanced for these 2 idiots. Israel has to tell them what color he was on after they can't remember or figure it out. And then they ignore him in the process. 

Candyland is the simplest or one of the easiest games for younger kids to play but these 2 "adults" can't seem to get the hang of it.  The kid's version of Scrabble (where the words are already printed on the board) would be over their heads. 

ETA: I agree with the others.  Why couldn't they have made Izzie happy for a few minutes by telling him he was winning? 

Because that's what good parents do . 

• Love 20

I'm pretty sure the whole point of the video was to show what awesome parents Jill and Derick are; they are having quality time with their boys, eating snacks and playing board games. Except the reality is, they try to humiliate poor Israel by making him point out that he's not winning and then ignore him for the rest of the video, Derick comes off as hyper-competitive by being the winner of a preschool game, Jill sounds like a moron pointing it out (#besthusbandever, #bestgameplayer, #candylandking), and poor Sam doesn't even rate a seat at the table or a plate for his food.

• Love 22

The game was clearly just too complicated for all of them. From Wikipedia:

Candy Land (also Candyland) is a simple racing board game currently published by Hasbro. The game requires no reading and minimal counting skills, making it suitable for young children. Due to the design of the game, there is no strategy involved: players are never required to make choices, just follow directions. The winner is predetermined by the shuffle of the cards.

Edited by kokapetl
Glitch
  • Love 13
10 minutes ago, kokapetl said:

The game was clearly just too complicated for all of them. From Wikipedia:

Candy Land (also Candyland) is a simple racing board game currently published by Hasbro. The game requires no reading and minimal counting skills, making it suitable for young children. Due to the design of the game, there is no strategy involved: players are never required to make choices, just follow directions. The winner is predetermined by the shuffle of the cards.

Yup.

• Love 6

I may have misunderstood what Jill was saying a couple of times as the sound wasn't too clear, but was she actually confused about the rules for playing Candyland? How is that even possible? It sounded as though she said she needed to go back and watch the video again. Which I'm not even sure what the purpose of a video to show how to play Candyland would be. I mean, you could spell it all out in about two sentences. Surely that's not too advanced even for graduates of TSOTDRT. 

I got the feeling that this was the first time the game had ever been unpacked, and now that there is documentation of what wonderful parents they are with their family "games and snacks" night, it will never be unpacked again.

• Love 9

Jill is so bad at these videos.  She needs to stop narrating and directing and just let the camera roll.  Then if it turns out to be worth sharing, do so.  If not....keep it private or delete it.  Poor Sam looked ridiculous eating off of a chair.  Israel is so sweet, he breaks my heart.  Why must he have these lunkheads for parents!

• Love 18

It sounded as though she said she needed to go back and watch the video again.

On Jill’s turn, she moved Israel’s piece. She was going to watch the video to see where it was before she moved it. 

Personal opinion: I have played many board games with children. We never ate while playing.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Is that supposed to be guacamole in the heart-shaped bowl? It looks like pureed broccoli.

It's got that same weird shine to it her chicken slop dish had.  Did she add a stick of butter to it or something? My guacamole doesn't have that oily sheen. And it's certainly not that runny.

Sorry but that just looks like a heart shaped bowl of green snot. Yech!

• Love 9
49 minutes ago, Booking It said:

When will Jill ever learn how to "do" social media? A much better idea for a video of Candy Land would have been for her to film the last 20-30 seconds of the game, and let Izzy cheer and be happy if he won (and only IF he actually won... as a teacher, I send this plea to parents: let your children lose games and fail at things!!!). Boom. That would have had instant likes, and not a lot of criticism from the haters. It boggles my mind how she just doesn't get it.

My guess is that the answer to that question is "never."

Doing social media well would require some effort -- and that's just not a thing she (or any of the Duggars) really does.

Sure, film these activities, then look at the film. Find a section where someone is doing something cute or interesting and cut it out and post it. Something, anything, really, other than two bored adults who can't understand the rules of CandyLand ignoring one toddler while another toddler eats the food that has dropped off the table.

Want to post pictures of your kids. Take a LOT of photos, post the BEST ones.

Want to have a food blog? Look at some other blogs. Take note of what works and what doesn't. Look at the way the recipes are written and presented (huh, why isn't anyone "dumping" anything in these recipes?). Look at the photos.  Edit your posts. 

All of these things would require more than minimum effort, and she'll never be bothered to do them, especially when she has thousands of humpers who will follow her no matter what she posts.

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Is that supposed to be guacamole in the heart-shaped bowl? It looks like pureed broccoli.

Salsa verde?  That's my only reasonable offer for liquidy green and I think I saw some tortilla chips.

• Love 2
42 minutes ago, Absolom said:

Salsa verde?  That's my only reasonable offer for liquidy green and I think I saw some tortilla chips.

My guess is guacamole mixed with some sour cream. It's not as vibrant as a salsa verde, and even paler than an avocado. Plus runnier. The sour cream would do both. I have no idea about that sheen...maybe she mixed in a little olive oil for good measure.

• Love 2
6 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I was at a Michael's craft store yesterday, and saw this in the gift bag $1 clearance bin. I did not buy it, but the Lord put it on my heart to take this photo and share it with this online fellowship. 

Yay.jpg

I love your servant’s heart, Jeeves.❤️

• Love 18
On 10/28/2018 at 12:21 AM, ChiCricket said:

I didn't know you could make yummy ingredients turn out so nasty looking.

It's a talent, I guess.

Screenshot_20181027-231811.jpg

Apple crisp ala Jyn this evening. I'd add a recipe, except I don't use one. Sorry, would have taken a better photo, but my daughter & son in law took a bunch home with them since we were all too full for it, and the rest is probably not going to be touched until breakfast. But, still....

1104181850.jpg

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
because the system again decided to throw in an extra four copies of my photo...
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

I think they can barely tolerate the little guy, and I despise both of them for treating him like they wish he didn’t exist.  FU, you pieces of shit.

I totally agree.  They consistently talk over & ignore Izzy.  They've also been shown to mock or make fun of him when he is right there.  I'm thinking of the pool video again. IIRC, they were laughing at something that Izzy said.  In typical kid's way, Izzy got his words mixed up so what he meant to say didn't come out right & it was funny.   Most parents would have chuckled to themselves or smiled at one another & even laughed about it when the child was out of earshot but these two were laughing like he wasn't even there and he was. I hope I'm remembering it right. If not, I still could imagine them doing this.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

I think they can barely tolerate the little guy, and I despise both of them for treating him like they wish he didn’t exist.  FU, you pieces of shit.

I totally agree.  They consistently talk over & ignore Izzy.  They've also been shown to mock or make fun of him when he is right there.  I'm thinking of the pool video again. IIRC, they were laughing at something that Izzy said.  In typical kid's way, Izzy got his words mixed up so what he meant to say didn't come out right & it was funny.   Most parents would have chuckled to themselves or smiled at one another & even laughed about it when the child was out of earshot but these two were laughing like he wasn't even there and he was. I hope I'm remembering it right. If not, I still could imagine them doing this.

• Love 5
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

On Jill’s turn, she moved Israel’s piece. She was going to watch the video to see where it was before she moved it. 

Personal opinion: I have played many board games with children. We never ate while playing.

Because, of course, it wouldn't be right to give a 3 year old a little boost by giving him an extra move that round.  While adults like Jill and Derick should know that Candy Land requires no skill whatsoever to win, Israel would probably get a kick out of winning; which is why a lot of parents wouldn't think twice if they'd accidentally given their kid a small advantage.

• Love 18
24 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

This is the video:

2 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

I laugh at things my daughter says in front of my daughter. She’s hilarious, both intentionally and unintentionally. Last night we were reading her a book and my husband was trying to get her to say the word “cat” by pointing to it and saying over and over “what does this say?” I finally got tired of it and said “oh for pete’s sake, it says cat.” My daughter turned to me, patted me on the arm and said “good job, mommy! You finally got it!”

Kid’s got my sense of humor. I’m doomed. 

When my daughter and older son were little, they were a perfect George Burns/Gracie Allen duo....Sometimes half an hour would go by with what seemed an almost scripted back-and-forth with them, Cassie being the "straight man". We'd all be in stitches, and it honestly seemed as though they played it as such. It wasn't until they were both in their mid 20's that my daughter admitted how hurt she had been through so many of those interchanges. She can dish sarcasm out with ease,  but somehow has a hard time recognizing it when it's aimed toward her, while my son, when he gets into a groove, can keep up a patter on an almost Robin Williams-esqe level, so it was so hard to tell how they were each actually taking it.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

When my daughter and older son were little, they were a perfect George Burns/Gracie Fields duo....Sometimes half an hour would go by with what seemed an almost scripted back-and-forth with them, Cassie being the "straight man". We'd all be in stitches, and it honestly seemed as though they played it as such. It wasn't until they were both in their mid 20's that my daughter admitted how hurt she had been through so many of those interchanges. She can dish sarcasm out with ease,  but somehow has a hard time recognizing it when it's aimed toward her, while my son, when he gets into a groove, can keep up a patter on an almost Robin Williams-esqe level, so it was so hard to tell how they were each actually taking it.

Reminds me of my late baby brother in a way. He and I and the other brother were good at the snappy exchanges but we all got pleasure from it. Baby brother had a unique knack for being able to pleasantly insult annoying or rude people in such a way that we couldn’t believe it but they would end up enamoured by him. It was a great talent we still talk about even though he has been gone since 2002. 

• Love 9

@mynextmistake, another BRILLIANT(said in Stewie's voice)post. I had so many favorite parts. I'm with the others"Axe body spray and desperation" was perfect! Poor Sam was so close to his escape! Also, "Chick Fill It"...will be what I call it forever...

Your posts will be missed, but we all know the next one won't disappoint. Thanks for the excellent entertainment!

• Love 13
On 11/2/2018 at 11:40 PM, mynextmistake said:

I’m really glad everyone is enjoying the Sam posts so much. They are fun to write.

Yeah, but I read them on my lunch break!!! I’m either going to destroy my phone or choke on my food 

• Love 5
On 11/3/2018 at 3:54 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

If you are unwilling to let a 3 year old win at Candyland, then you need to get a vasectomy ffs. 

That is what I thought!  I don't have kids but it seems to me you can let them win when they are that young.  I still remember when my dad let me think I beat him in a race running up our street!  I was maybe 4 or 5.

• Love 4
On 11/3/2018 at 11:42 PM, AnnaBaptist said:

I don't have a problem with them not letting him win. It's just a game of chance; it's no big deal who wins. It's about playing a game together and having fun. 

What I do have a problem with is Jill asking Israel who is winning when it is obvious that it isn't Izzy. What an asshole she is. Why would she make him answer that and admit that he is not winning? If she is playing Monopoly with other adults and she has three properties with hotels on them, does she ask the other players who is winning? Of course not. That would be douchy. So why does she does that to Israel?

Do you really think she can grasp Monopoly ??  And you know JimBob would be. Huge cheater at that !!  Women owning property 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, doodlebug said:

Because, of course, it wouldn't be right to give a 3 year old a little boost by giving him an extra move that round.  While adults like Jill and Derick should know that Candy Land requires no skill whatsoever to win, Israel would probably get a kick out of winning; which is why a lot of parents wouldn't think twice if they'd accidentally given their kid a small advantage.

My hometown had a carnival type thing every Labor Day weekend and I always got roped into running one of the games.  EVERY child below a certain age won a stuffed animal when I ran that game.  I always thought it was a ripoff and thought all the littles deserved a stuffed animal.  Made their day and it made my shift a little less sucky.  It doesn't take much to make a small person's day.  Maybe Babe and Babe should have just been missionaries dancing for Jesus rather than having kids.  They don't do it very well from what I can see.

• Love 13

Congrats John and Abbie!

Nov 5, 2018 | Family Blog, Photos | 0 

Congrats to the newlyweds, Mr. & Mrs. John Duggar! We are so happy for you all and pray God continues to bless your marriage as you seek Him! Your day was beautiful!

-Derick <3 Jill (+Israel and Samuel)

She included the picture everyone has used of the couple.

eta: this is how the post appears on her Twitter:

02199727-48E1-422D-ADAF-5B4A5A9E777E.jpeg

Edited by ginger90