Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Mollie said:

Jill would never use that recipe.  It's too much trouble for her to peel the apples.

She can substitute this! (But post a stolen pic from the original recipe.)

filling-apple-pie-21oz-580x435.png

Edited by Portia
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

I think his jaw surgery went wrong or didn't heal properly. The braces can straighten and shift his teeth a bit, but they can't move his chin. 

They moved to Danger America less than 2 months(?) after the surgery, so I would assume he did not receive adequate, if any after care.  I suppose some visits could have been included in all of the trips home.

I don't remember if it was on Twitter or Instagram, but late last year, he said the braces would hopefully be removed in January 2018. Maybe 2019 now that were about 8 weeks out from the end of the year.

• Love 1
8 hours ago, Triple P said:

They moved to Danger America less than 2 months(?) after the surgery, so I would assume he did not receive adequate, if any after care.  I suppose some visits could have been included in all of the trips home.

I don't remember if it was on Twitter or Instagram, but late last year, he said the braces would hopefully be removed in January 2018. Maybe 2019 now that were about 8 weeks out from the end of the year.

If Derick didn't get proper follow-up care, it's down to him. There are perfectly competent doctors, dentists, and oral surgeons* in Central America! 

I don't know the deets of where they were, but I doubt the Dillards were stuck in the boondocks far away from any cities without transportation. Heck, they not only lived in a compound with guards, they had internet/cell phone service. And didn't they shop at Wal-mart? They were working for SOS Ministries, shuttling busloads of missioncationing teens and chaperones in and out. They weren't being lonely voices for Jesus out in the rugged wilderness. They were dodging falling towel racks in their home in a guarded compound while figuring out the smallest slice of banana bread they could cut, and working hard at their Spanish lessions.

Derick coulda taken proper care of himself with a little bit of effort. Maybe he did, and the surgery itself wouldn't have had a better result even if he'd stayed in Arkansas the whole time.

*In fact, medical tourism is a big thing in CA, especially in Panama and Costa Rica. A friend of mine had several tooth implants done in Costa Rica. The work done by the doctors there was just fine. Even with travel costs for the succession of trips for the prep work and final implants, he saved thousands over having it done here at home. And he got some nice trips to Costa Rica!

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 14

I don't doubt that Derick could have received adequate followup care in Central America. I doubt that Derick would believe that any doctor besides the U.S. doctor who performed the surgery would be able to provide adequate care.

• Love 9

I don't know the deets of where they were, but I doubt the Dillards were stuck in the boondocks far away from any cities without transportation. 

They were walking distance to a freakin' Papa John's. 

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Jeeves said:

*In fact, medical tourism is a big thing in CA, especially in Panama and Costa Rica. A friend of mine had several tooth implants done in Costa Rica. The work done by the doctors there was just fine. Even with travel costs for the succession of trips for the prep work and final implants, he saved thousands over having it done here at home. And he got some nice trips to Costa Rica!

My mother used to fly back to her home country, Dominican Republic, for dental work. The air fare, expenses (she did stay with family) and dental work (she has had bridges put it etc...) was cheaper than what it would have been out here. I just had an implant and I could have had a great down payment on a car with what I spent. And insurance considers it cosmetic so they don't cover it. I had a broken tooth and it was in the back.... nope cosmetic! 

• Love 6
On 10/28/2018 at 10:01 AM, BitterApple said:

I got an ad for that on my Facebook feed! I might have to check it out even though David annoys the crap out of me.

WHAT??!!!  How dare you speak of my David that way!  HA!  I have an unnatural obsession with that guy.  I swear that is who Cam from Modern Family is modeled after.

• Love 4
21 hours ago, Portia said:

She can substitute this! (But post a stolen pic from the original recipe.)

filling-apple-pie-21oz-580x435.png

This reminds me of a good recipe.  It's only two ingredients...one more than Jill can handle though.

Take a can of apple pie filling and a box of angel food cake mix.  Combine both ingredients until thoroughly combined and transfer to a greased 9x13 pan (or an equivalent).  Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.  I don't make it often since it's just the two of us, but it's not enough for Mr. Six to take into work.  Calories be damned!

• Love 5
29 minutes ago, sixlets said:

This reminds me of a good recipe.  It's only two ingredients...one more than Jill can handle though.

Take a can of apple pie filling and a box of angel food cake mix.  Combine both ingredients until thoroughly combined and transfer to a greased 9x13 pan (or an equivalent).  Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.  I don't make it often since it's just the two of us, but it's not enough for Mr. Six to take into work.  Calories be damned!

Dump cake, perfect!

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Jeeves said:

My husband's Maine and New Hampshire relatives got their dental work done in Canada for years. They also went on organized bus trips with other seniors (a caravan!!!) to Canada to buy their medicines. That may be illegal these days, so I'm not sure what they're doing now. The savings were worth the time and cost of the trips. They came home with cans of pure maple syrup for everybody too.

• Love 10
On 10/30/2018 at 9:31 AM, Natalie68 said:

WHAT??!!!  How dare you speak of my David that way!  HA!  I have an unnatural obsession with that guy.  I swear that is who Cam from Modern Family is modeled after.

Good hypothesis and I know you are joking. Eric Stonestreet has repeatedly said he modeled Cam after his mom, and every time he says it it cracks me up to no end. Is she flattered? On topic, Picasso Face won’t fix his ugly outside or inside. 

• Love 7
7 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

There. Fixed it for you.

If Derick actually graduates and passes a bar exam, any bar exam, I will devote the remainder of my days to gestation and inedible recipes involving canned goods.

Can I deliver your babies? I'm an expert now after watching a Youtube video of crazies ladies delivering dolls!

• Love 24
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Can I deliver your babies? I'm an expert now after watching a Youtube video of crazies ladies delivering dolls!

Hey, maybe that's where Jill got her training as a midwife.  It would explain a lot.

• Love 13
7 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

Day 492. Today was a most vexing day. I was released from my cell for the evening meal period as usual. While I was eating the dried apples and library paste served to me by the female guard, I heard a ringing sound coming from the door to the hovel in which I am kept. The male guard opened the door, and there stood two captives I had never seen before! They were disguised as curiously bipedal forest animals and accompanied by another male guard. That male guard conversed briefly with my male guard and then marched the captives back down the walk to the next hut. My heart leapt with glee. Clearly, this night had been selected as a night to transport captives from one prison to the next! I had expected such an event was coming and had developed a plan to distract my guards by drawing their attention to a couple that was holding hands without being betrothed. While they were babbling incessantly about something they call “sin,” I would escape my restraints and flee. Sadly, my joy was short-lived. My fellow captive, Yaaay, asked the male guard if we were to be permitted to leave the house to travel with the other captives. The male guard said no, because “Jesus” would not approve of such an action. I am unacquainted with this “Jesus,” but it sounds as though he is the prison overseer. The doorbell was rung several more times, but the male guard refused to open the door. Finally, he muttered something about a “study group” and left the hovel. (I do not know what a “study group” is, but the last time he returned from one he smelled of fried chicken and harlotry.) The female guard then returned me to my cell, where I scrawled this entry before returning my journal to the mop bucket, where it has remained unmolested since my last entry. 

Another hilarious post @mynextmistake! I lost it right away at dried apples and library paste!

2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I was trying to figure out how he knew what harlotry smelled like. LOL. Made me read it even more in Stewie's voice!

I wish I was friends Seth McFarland so I could ask him to record @mynextmistake's fantastic posts in Stewie's voice!

• Love 21
17 hours ago, jcbrown said:

I got an email from Lands' End yesterday and the subject line was "Yaaayyy! Friends & Family starts today." My first thought was "holy crap, they hired Jill."  Then it occurred to me that only my fellow posters would appreciate that thought.

It would be nice if she got a job since her head ship will never work.

• Love 9
31 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

If you stop to think about it, the Duggar women, minus Joy, would probably qualify as breadwinners.

Minus Jill, you mean?

In any case, agreed. They are working and have been since childhood.

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Video

Israel gets ignored, and Samuel eats off a chair.

At 4-years-old, Israel is already smarter and more observant than his idiot mother.  WTH is that green shit in the heart-shaped bowl??

• Love 15

Jill mentions in the video that it’s Sunday. She waited a week to post it, and still felt it was a good video to share. Good thing she had the video to refer to to see where Israel’s piece was before she moved it ?

While I’m at it, the first thing she asks Israel is who is winning. Why? Because it wasn’t Israel.

• Love 22
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Jill mentions in the video that it’s Sunday. She waited a week to post it, and still felt it was a good video to share. Good thing she had the video to refer to to see where Israel’s piece was before she moved it ?

While I’m at it, the first thing she asks Israel is who is winning. Why? Because it wasn’t Israel.

You’re exactly right.  My heart aches for that precious child.

• Love 17
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

If you stop to think about it, the Duggar women, minus Joy, would probably qualify as breadwinners. It's through them that the show and TLC income exists. That's why I laugh at Jeremy's pretentiousness. Dude was living in a crappy apartment with security bars on the windows. The nice new house, big SUV and freedom to make sporadic appearances at "his" church is all thanks to Jingle. Ditto with Derelict and Bin with school. They wouldn't have the luxury of taking their sweet time to find themselves if they were sole providers. I'm not saying there's anything wrong with it, but it's the exact opposite of everything these people have been preaching to us for years.

You’re so right. No wonder he can’t take his eyes off her!  (His words!). 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Video

Israel gets ignored, and Samuel eats off a chair.

Jesus F. Christ. Give that poor kid a break. I have no children myself (by choice), but even I have more of a "heart for children" than these 2 goofballs do. Sheesh.

• Love 21

I really wish Jill and Derick could get some kind of counseling (ridiculous thought, I know!). I feel like Izzy represents a loss of freedom and a bad time in their lives. I wish they could work through these negative emotions instead of taking it out on their child!

• Love 17

Is that supposed to be guacamole in the heart-shaped bowl? It looks like pureed broccoli. I may be projecting, but Israel looks so anxious. He has a right to be anxious, of course, because he has absolutely shitty parents.

It seems like when she posts videos of them eating, it is either slab-o-cow that Dreck cooked or some random snacks, like the car picnic with the hummus or this game video. Jill probably has crap eating habits from her upbringing (as we've seen in her recipes) and Dreck has his own issues with food (as we've seen with his "gagging" problem and his defense of her recipes on Twitter). Those kids don't have a chance.

Edited by jcbrown
I was not educated at the SOTDRT so I know making sense it important.
  • Love 11