Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

I read "Lime and Cilantro Beans" and thought for a second, "hey, what are lime beans? Like, Lima beans? And I've never heard of cilantro beans."

And then I realized most people would call them cilantro lime beans, being they describe the flavor of the beans, not the type.

Jill's photo with Sam is definitely of some kind of black bean and rice dish, which I suppose could have been flavored with cilantro and lime. But her recipe makes no mention of rice, and the photo with the recipe uses two types of red beans, no rice, and probably some sort of tomato base (which is also not in the recipe).

And Jill wonders why people think she's a mess.

Edited by McManda
swype-os
  • Love 17
1 hour ago, HooHooHoo said:

Jill, my husband does not vacuum “for me”.  He vacuums because it is his house too.  We both work. We both take care of the kids. We both do housework AND yard work. 

A true partnership.  I love your post.  This "headship" crap is nuts!  It's also anti-woman, no matter who's spinning it.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

Israel's only 3 1/2, and all of my kids & most of my grandkids were late bloomers when it came to potty training. None of them went to Kindergarten wearing diapers, so it's all good. As for the bib, kids that age can still be pretty messy eaters and given how harsh Jill and Derick are with Israel, I'd rather he wore a bib than got in trouble for not having perfect hand-eye coordination and spilling food on his clothes.

Good point.  It just seemed odd to me they're still doing that, but I didn't think of eventual consequences that might ensue.  I feel bad for those little guys.

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, McManda said:

I read "Lime and Cilantro Beans" and thought for a second, "hey, what are lime beans? Like, Lima beans? And I've never heard of cilantro beans."

And then I realized most people would call them cilantro lime beans, being they describe the flavor of the beans, not the type.

Jill's photo with Sam is definitely of some kind of black bean and rice dish, which I suppose could have been flavored with cilantro and lime. But her recipe makes no mention of rice, and the photo with the recipe uses two types of red beans, no rice, and probably some sort of tomato base (which is also not in the recipe).

And Jill wonders why people think she's a mess.

So Jill stole another picture of someone else’s recipe online and is trying to pass it off as her own. I hope she gets called out for this.

• Love 8
4 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

Why is Izzy still wearing a bib?  I get it that he may be potty-train resistant, but surely he's a more careful eater by now.

These two so-called parents are so inept, it really isn't funny.

Bib's ok but why is he using that beginner cup thingy .  My youngest niece turned 2  in July and knows how to drink from a normal cup .  

4 hours ago, kstar821 said:

Sam literally looks EXACTLY like Jessa in that picture.  Same pout and everything!!

Maybe that's why she likes him better than Izzy who looks more like Derick .

• Love 3
1 minute ago, lianau said:

Bib's ok but why is he using that beginner cup thingy .  My youngest niece turned 2  in July and knows how to drink from a normal cup .  

Haha, I didn't even notice the sippy type cup gizmo.  I was too focused on the bib.

• Love 1

Using this as a background quote since it's one of my biggest fundie  arguing points..,but, yeah.

Otherwise, I was just using this as one of those "how did we never invent this and become millionaires?"  random bits and pieces...

Just had my daughter and family over for dinner (Mr Jyn is finally moving back home after finishing his job in VA!!!)  and they had a little contraption  where you put a bit of banana (or whatever was of that sort of texture) in a bit of mesh attached to a sort of pacifier, so the baby could gnaw on it to their heart's content and get a babyfood texture mash. How genius is that?? And how did none of us, even if we had come up with it, never think to patent it?

Ergh...this could have been a lot more legible had Mr Jyn not brought home a bunch of bottles of Port. That just goes down waaaaaaay too smooth...And, no, we didn't open more than one of them, but a little goes a long way, so if I have more than my share of slightly off balance posts in the near future that might have something to do with it!

• Love 20
8 hours ago, Fostersmom said:

Every time I see a pic of Derick's brother, he looks crazier than the last picture. We know Derick's a complete nut, but his bother looks truly unhinged. He's got a very unstable look in his eyes that almost makes Derick look like he's a better choice. 

This is really obscure but if anyone watches America's Got Talent. Derick's brother looks like the guy from Dustin's Dojo. Similar belief system too.

10 minutes ago, Nysha said:

I adopted several kids with reactive attachment disorder who engaged in what our therapists called "crazy lying". This is when somebody lies for no apparent gain and refuses to admit their lie even with presented with evidence that it's not true. Jill and Derick seem to live on the edge of this disorder. Nobody cares what Jill cooks, why they really left TLC, or that Derick's lifelong ambition is to be a missionary/pastor/lawyer/deadbeat. They share this information on their social media, but it's usually a tiny bit of truth wrapped up in a spit-ton of fantasy. And they expect us to swallow it whole, even when the lies have been exposed. Either they're brainless, they think we're brainless, or there is some mental/emotional issues going on in that home. Those poor boys being raised in that home, no wonder Israel is so stressed.

God bless you. Attachment disorder is a tough problem to live with.

I don't care one bit what Jill and Dreck eat or where they go. However, they come across as holier-than-thou hypocrites, so it's fun to snark on their blatant lies and omissions. When they react, it's even better. All they have to do is stop sharing everything, but they just can't put down the computer and walk away. If they did, no one would remember them. Better to be persecuted than forgotten. 

• Love 19
3 hours ago, Nysha said:

I adopted several kids with reactive attachment disorder who engaged in what our therapists called "crazy lying". This is when somebody lies for no apparent gain and refuses to admit their lie even with presented with evidence that it's not true.

Hmmmmmm, boy does that sound familiar. I didn’t know it has a name.

Edited by Love2dance
Spelling
  • Love 9
9 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Doesn’t she realise it makes no sense? Apparently not.

At this point, I'd say she just doesn't give a fuck (it also doesn't help that her IQ apparently doesn't breech the triple digits). Generally speaking, I don't think the Duggars have ever learned to try to do things well. At most, they just do them. Jill's half-assed attempts at food blogging is just an example of this.

• Love 14
10 hours ago, lianau said:

My daughter in laws sister keeps her kids in the sippy cup!  Kindergarten and second grade. She doesn’t like the idea of a mess. I’m sure those girls drink out of regular cups elsewhere 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, graefin said:

At this point, I'd say she just doesn't give a fuck (it also doesn't help that her IQ apparently doesn't breech the triple digits). Generally speaking, I don't think the Duggars have ever learned to try to do things well. At most, they just do them. Jill's half-assed attempts at food blogging is just an example of this.

The endless supply of attention, money,  and positive reinforcement for doing nothing but smiling at a camera while going through the superficial motions really did these kids a disservice. 

• Love 20

I missed Izzy still using a sippy cup. I guess I'm used to seeing them. And those bibs with the trough are awesome. They actually catch crumbs and stuff that falls off the fork and whatnot. 

Topic?  I also wonder how Derelict is affording to live, and how he's doing in "law school". 

• Love 7

Topic?  I also wonder how Derelict is affording to live, and how he's doing in "law school". 

We won't know how he's doing until the end of the semester, per someone that goes to the law school and the experience of other lawyers here. I think Derick may be able to leak out a full year's attendance, but certainly not three. For all we know Jesus will coincidentally lead him to another field of lazy gifting at the semester's end.

• Love 12
42 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

It’s been driving me crazy trying to figure out what funds they are living on each month!   Even if rent is minimal, there are bills like utilities, cell phones, internet, groceries etc.   normally I would include insurance, but we all know he’s not spending money on that.

No income, law school debt adding up, and no sign of Derick looking for a job in the next few years.    HOW IS THIS POSSIBLE??

My best quess is Derelict threw a hissy fit about Jill not receiving compensation for her many years on the show and Boob gave them a lump sum payout to shut him up.

If this is the case, the money wont last long. Once they piss it away the Dullards will be back to grifting as per usual IMHO.

• Love 7

I saw the picture of the lime beans on Instagram, and what I thought was weird about them was that the contents of the bowl looked black and white!!! I zoomed in on it several times, but it looked black and white. It honestly looked like someone had photoshopped it. How can one make a recipe...any recipe...that looks so bland black and white? Even white rice would have a shine! And excuse me, but i have my troubles believing that pot of red chili-looking stuff is the same black and white crap in the bowl. 

• Love 5

I saw the picture of the lime beans on Instagram, and what I thought was weird about them was that the contents of the bowl looked black and white!!! I zoomed in on it several times, but it looked black and white. It honestly looked like someone had photoshopped it. How can one make a recipe...any recipe...that looks so bland black and white? Even white rice would have a shine! And excuse me, but i have my troubles believing that pot of red chili-looking stuff is the same black and white crap in the bowl. 

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Jill's version looks it has Ramen noodles in it to me.  Or those  noodles made out of rice (I think) that are on the transparent side.  It is funny with all the cilantro in it, none of it shows up in her version. (I know someone already mentioned this but I didnt feel like searching for post & I think it bears repeating.)

• Love 1

I vote for rice noodles, black beans, white rice, and tofu. Jilly went to an Asian restaurant once with her family, so she knows about these food thingies. 

Is anyone on her account asking what's in Izzy's bowl, or are they all gushing over headship and law student Derick vacuuming the living room?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, BradandJanet said:

I vote for rice noodles, black beans, white rice, and tofu. Jilly went to an Asian restaurant once with her family, so she knows about these food thingies. 

Is anyone on her account asking what's in Izzy's bowl, or are they all gushing over headship and law student Derick vacuuming the living room?

It's allllll people saying, "he's vacuuming FOR YOU?" And then 10,000 leghumpers angrily screaming, "No! Derick is the provider! Some of us like traditional gender roles! He's doing something nice! Quit being negative." I actually do like gender roles...buuuuut...Derick is not providing. HE needs to step up around the house while he's in school, and JILL needs to get a job!

• Love 6
47 minutes ago, dariafan said:

I use Old El Paso myself :)

It was a toss up which can to pick.  :) There are SO many to choose from.  Most of them are sold at Wal Mart, too, so Jill has no excuse except possibly ignorance and laziness.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, floridamom said:

I agree with you, ginger90. This video was horrifying to watch...where do I begin? Pointing a fork in the face of a wobbly toddler? Eating food after it falls on Jill's kitchen floor? Yay, Yay...how many times did Jilly say that? It was so annoying to hear. I could go on forever. They truly are shitty parents.

Not to mention the size of the chunks Izzy pulled off the banana & fed to Sam. I was waiting for Sam to start choking on them. 

• Love 10
2 minutes ago, BradandJanet said:

Both Jill and her stupid husband are encouraging this nonsense for the camera. Couldn't they sit the kids down at the table, the one where derick is, and have Izzy feed Sam from a small plate of cut up banana pieces? That might have been cute. If there had been an accident with that fork or with choking, they would have blamed Izzy for the rest of his life. Sheer idiots. 

Free these poor kids. 

How quickly this could have turned tragic. How stupid are these two? And the chunks were huge! 

• Love 11

Did I really see Izzy feeding Sam a chunk after it fell on the floor?  And the dipshit parents were OK with that?

Yay!  Sam ate whatever shit wasn't swept up, not to mention bacteria from God-knows-where.  

Dumb as a fence post, X two.

• Love 20
1 minute ago, xwordfanatik said:

Did I really see Izzy feeding Sam a chunk after it fell on the floor?  And the dipshit parents were OK with that?

Yay!  Sam ate whatever shit wasn't swept up, not to mention bacteria from God-knows-where.  

And Jill said something like, it’s okay if there’s no yuck on it?

• Love 3

I just kept waiting for poor Sam to be impaled on that fork....... I still remember many years ago watching some medical show where a kid was running down the stairs with a toothbrush in his mouth and fell. The brush went through the back of his throat. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

And Jill said something like, it’s okay if there’s no yuck on it?

I'd like to know her definition of "yuck."  Then again, maybe not.  

And a teetering little toddler choking or falling with a fork in his mouth?  Yep, Izzy would have been blamed.  Those unfortunate boys.  

• Love 6
7 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Well, as the saying goes "God made dirt so dirt won't hurt."

• Love 1
26 minutes ago, Misslindsey said:

Jill's videos seem to be her (or Derick) trying to get the kids to perform for the camera. It does not ever feel like she is catching her kids doing something cute or funny. I have not watched all the videos she puts out, but it is like she turns the camera on and expects them to perform. Also, her videos feel so long. Jessa's videos of her kids work better for me because it seems like she is capturing her kids just being kids.

This seems to be their sole source of income at the moment so I’m sure they need to crank out as much nonsense as they can for clicks. It’s really all Jilly knows. Her dipshit parents did it to her and now she’s trying to do the same with her kids. 

Jill, your life and kids aren’t that interesting. Find a new way to support your family. 

• Love 19

Izzy was saying, "HURRY" to Sammy when he was trying to feed him the piece that fell on the floor.  I wonder if Jill taught him the "10 second rule!"

• Love 3
14 minutes ago, cdp73 said:

Well, as the saying goes "God made dirt so dirt won't hurt."

I've heard that, but never really believed it :)

2 minutes ago, WhineandCheez said:

Izzy was saying, "HURRY" to Sammy when he was trying to feed him the piece that fell on the floor.  I wonder if Jill taught him the "10 second rule!"

I've also heard about the 10 second rule.  Germaphobe here!

Poor little guys.  So their clueless idiot parents get paid for posting their sad parenting?  Ugh.

• Love 1

I know Izzy meant well, but I was terrified he was going to accidentally poke Sam in the eye with that fork. 

Even the pieces of banana that Jill cut off were still too big for a one year-old.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 12