Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, MunichNark said:
1 hour ago, ChiCricket said:

Ok, what is hokkaido (besides an island in Japan?)

This:-)))))

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hokkaidokürbis#/media/File:Squash_(1351012634).jpg

It's a very common sort of pumpkin, quite popular. It's orange though, and not the dog poo yellow colour that Jill seems to favour

Thank you, @MunichNark . In the U.S. these are known as Red Kuri Squash. I'm going to get some seeds to plant them next spring because they sound like they're a very flavorful squash and I like the idea of not having to peel them.

Canned pumpkin has food coloring added and is quite orange, I'm not sure why the cookies turned such a washed out beige color. 

Edited by Nysha
  • Love 5
2 hours ago, Nysha said:

Thank you, @MunichNark . In the U.S. these are known as Red Kuri Squash. I'm going to get some seeds to plant them next spring because they sound like they're a very flavorful squash and I like the idea of not having to peel them.

Canned pumpkin has food coloring added and is quite orange, I'm not sure why the cookies turned such a washed out beige color. 

Maybe she got on a roll with the cream of chicken soup...cans in that household may be all but interchangeable.

• Love 6

Jill and Dimrick are the stupidest people in the world. I'm surprised their children haven't cracked their skulls. I remember a similar picture of Izzy standing on a toy, Jill must have deleted it because I couldn't find it.

• Love 8

Jill and Dilldo suck in this video for the reasons mentioned above, but I was actually impressed with Sam when he thought to push the toy over. Good problem solving skills for a toddler! Yes, they should have cut Sam off at the pass rather than letting him climb up on the table. 

• Love 7
19 hours ago, Christina87 said:

<snip>The principals constantly remind us that it's a customer service business now, because we're competing with charter schools, so the student or parent always has to leave happy <snip>

sorry kind of o/t...I don't know the answer, but I wish there was a good one! We have shifted too far in the other way, and the inmates are running the asylum. 

Also O/T, but I thought of your post when I saw this video today.

(the parent in the video infuriated me, the defense of the teacher in the comments afterward were awesone!)

4 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

So hell, I’ll ask...WTF is “quickener”?

From Google:

quickener

an agent that gives or restores life or vigor

“the soul is the quickener of the body” 

(Huh??)

Edited by ChiCricket

There are a couple of meanings to quicken that may be common in their vernacular:

One is a religious meaning: Believers in Christ are spiritually quickened by God at the moment of salvation: “And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins”

Another is an archaic term related to pregnancy when the fetus was said to "quicken" -- which, I believe, meant that the mother could feel it's movements.

Either way, it seems reasonable that it is part of the 100-word approved vocabulary for Gothardites.

• Love 4
19 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

There are a couple of meanings to quicken that may be common in their vernacular:

One is a religious meaning: Believers in Christ are spiritually quickened by God at the moment of salvation: “And you hath he quickened, who were dead in trespasses and sins”

Another is an archaic term related to pregnancy when the fetus was said to "quicken" -- which, I believe, meant that the mother could feel it's movements.

Either way, it seems reasonable that it is part of the 100-word approved vocabulary for Gothardites.

Yep, the first time a pregnant woman feels her baby move, it is called quickening.  Usually happens around 18-20 weeks with first kid, a couple weeks earlier with subsequent kids.  Use the term all the time in OB/GYN practice, so it's not archaic in my world.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

Okay thanks. But those words on the purple flash card are just a semi-random collection of adjectives, verbs and nouns that are related to...what? Gothard god? Prayer? Tuesday? Canned cream soup?

Makes no sense.

Edited by Oldernowiser
  • Love 2
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

Don't know if this has been mentioned before.  I was reading on another blog that Cathy owns the house or condo that the Dimwits are living in.  Does anyone know if this is true?

I think they live in student housing, owned by Cross church.  They never moved out after Derick finished his ministry school.

• Love 1

I thought that student housing that the Dillards are living in was for Cross church students only? Since Derick has completed that program, why are they not required to move out and make that unit available for a new student coming in? Doesn't add up....like many things the Dillards are doing.

• Love 10

Derick’s brother and sister in law bought a house:

ETA: The first picture is of the house they moved out of. The third picture is of the house they bought.
Edited by ginger90
  • Love 3
9 hours ago, louannems said:

I think they live in student housing, owned by Cross church.  They never moved out after Derick finished his ministry school.

I don't believe that Cross Church owns any student housing. On their FAQ page, the Cross Church School of Ministry refers to contracting with various realtors to provide housing, but doesn't say the church owns any of that housing:

What is the housing like for the Cross Church School of Ministry?

Cross Church has contracted with various duplex, house, and apartment realtors in the area to provide high quality and safe housing and utilities for our students. You can expect to have a roommate who is also a Cross Church School of Ministry student, although this may not always be the case. There will obviously be no co-ed housing offered of any kind.

What if I don't need housing from Cross Church?

You will have the option during the application process to opt out of the housing component for a reduced program cost of $10,000.

It's possible that the Dillards didn't go through the church to find the place they are living in, or if they did work with a Realtor affiliated with the ministry school, they've stayed on. In their case I doubt the church was involved in their lease.

It seems to me the "church housing" thing would be more aimed toward singles, or people who were moving to the area to attend the school and needed assistance finding a place to live. With both the Dillards being essentially home-towners and with JB in the real estate biz, IMO they could do just as well for themselves without going through the church to find a place to live. And certainly, Cathy  - or JB - might have decided to invest in a rental property where Jill and Derick could live while he's in school.

Edited by Jeeves
spelling
  • Love 11
33 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

When Jill and Derick moved, Derick stated the rent was cheaper than what they had been paying. So, according to Derick, they were paying Jim Bob, or someone!

Did he say rent? I was thinking utilities and such. Both homes they lived in were large and one had a pool. The kitchen/dining/living rooms in their current place would fit in either of the other homes living rooms.

1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

Did he say rent? I was thinking utilities and such. Both homes they lived in were large and one had a pool. The kitchen/dining/living rooms in their current place would fit in either of the other homes living rooms.

Yup, he said rent.

185CBD95-C985-4D3C-94AF-AC839BFBFABB.jpeg

• Love 4

Every time I see a pic of Derick's brother, he looks crazier than the last picture. We know Derick's a complete nut, but his bother looks truly unhinged. He's got a very unstable look in his eyes that almost makes Derick look like he's a better choice. 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, Fostersmom said:

Every time I see a pic of Derick's brother, he looks crazier than the last picture. We know Derick's a complete nut, but his bother looks truly unhinged. He's got a very unstable look in his eyes that almost makes Derick look like he's a better choice. 

Remember, Derick got his face redone. He might have looked like that too if he hadn't. Now he just looks misaligned. He acts unhinged at times, however.

• Love 8

How could this be?...DDD indicates that he was paying Jim Bob market value rent in the McMansion? 

Deena and Dan bought a lovely home from what I can see in the 3rd photo. Best of luck to them....Hey, Derick, take notes from your brother. I think he has an actual paying J.O.B. You may want to try it very soon.

• Love 15

3 pictures. 

I’m pretty sure I posted this previously. It doesn’t look the same to me. Here it is:

Easy Slow-Cooker Lime and Cilantro Beans

Mar 29, 2017 | Recipes | 4 

Ingredients:

3 cups dry beans (rinsed; I normally use black beans, but others work fine too)

6 cups water

1 bunch fresh cilantro (finely chopped)

3-4 limes (squeezed)

salt

Directions:

Rinse the beans (don’t forget to check for rocks!) and put in slow-cooker with water.

Cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 4-5 hours. (Cook time may vary for other types of beans.)

After beans are cooked, add cilantro, lime juice and salt to taste.

Serve with avocado, sour cream, tortilla chips and shredded cheddar cheese, or enjoy solo!

Family Note: Israel LOVES these beans! He helps me wash and sort through them, then after they’re done he wants them for every meal till the leftovers run out, breakfast included! lol

9674DCF8-3659-4EEA-9F32-C496E84EB701.jpeg

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

That picture can’t be of this recipe.

Yeah. Her recipe doesn’t mention tomatoes or tomato sauce. And the stuff in the kids bowls looks nothing like it. Doesn’t she realise it makes no sense? Apparently not.

Edited by Future Cat Lady
  • Love 19
16 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Yeah. Her recipe doesn’t mention tomatoes or tomato sauce. And the stuff in the kids bowls looks nothing like it. Doesn’t she realise it makes no sense? Apparently not.

It's just so mind boggling that she can't ever get this right. Why lie about a pot of beans? I don't like beans and I don't eat beans, but even I know those aren't black beans. Why do the Duggars lie about EVERYTHING? 

• Love 24

The rice and beans the kids are eating look disgusting to me.  The cold air return is filthy.  Maybe Derick can clean that when he's finished vacuuming.  A couple of positives:  It does look like Izzy is enjoying the beans and rice.  And it does look like Derick actually vacuumed the whole room.  

• Love 6

Where to start. The cookies actually look OK. Cookies are brown, and so is the dough. Hers are crowded on the cookie sheet though. More space between them is needed. As to the size, different strokes. Starbucks at Target gives out a free cookie to kids that aren't much smaller. 

What the actual fuck is in that bowl?? That's one of the most disgusting "recipes" she's put up. And that's saying a lot.  It looks... Like tapeworms and rabbit pellets.  Ugh. Why is Izzy in the middle of the kitchen in a kiddy chair with a bib?  My twins eat at the table with us, and don't use a bib anymore. Odd setup.  My almost 9 year old son asked if he was special needs, because it looks so odd. 

And BFD, Jilly.  Your hubby vacuumed. My husband does housework too. On top of working.   You don't hear me bragging about it. Am I grateful and happy he helps? Of course. But I'm not shouting it from the rooftops either. Smh. 

• Love 14

I can’t snark on toilettraining and bib wearing ...my last was still wearing a long  sleeved smock bib well after 3 

and nor was he anywhere near toilet trained at 3 or 4

Parenting isn’t a competition to see who is trained, eating cleanly/ with utensils or whatever. 

However... that recipe and that picture??? 

I just don’t know what goes on in her head ... I really don’t 

Edited by Totally
  • Love 10

A lot of bibs have that trough. It's basically there to catch food spills, so it's easy to clean. My cousin puts one on her kid when eating at her mother's house, because her daughter is too big for a highchair with a tray, and her mother is the type to have white table cloths, and freak out about spills.

• Love 2

Israel's only 3 1/2, and all of my kids & most of my grandkids were late bloomers when it came to potty training. None of them went to Kindergarten wearing diapers, so it's all good. As for the bib, kids that age can still be pretty messy eaters and given how harsh Jill and Derick are with Israel, I'd rather he wore a bib than got in trouble for not having perfect hand-eye coordination and spilling food on his clothes.

• Love 13
13 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Is it just a weird picture, or does Israel's bib look like it has a built in trough? Like, the bottom part looks concave... Is that I thing?

Nope, it has a trough. Actually this was my favorite type bib when I used to babysit my nephews. The oldest was just starting to feed himself and didn't quite have the hang of the whole spoon/fork thing. I didn't have to worry as the food fell into the trough and he tried again. All good.

• Love 3
2 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

Jill’s food looks gross

Black beans are my favorite beans in the whole wide world, but unfortunately, they make every they're cooked in look an unappetizing purplish-grey color. Jill's rice and beans look pretty typical for a black bean dish. It also looks like she made rice, open a can of black beans and drained them, and mixed the rice, beans, and maybe some canned chicken (I can see some white flaky hunks of something in the dish) together. I don't see any green flakes that would indicate fresh cilantro was added to the dish.

• Love 5

Israel isn't even eating at the table! Has he now be demoted to a little desk by the stove?

That may be something he enjoys, but Jill and Derick are completely tone deaf to the image they portray of their family.

• Love 18