Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Y'all, I am feeling really disappointed. I didn't get an interview for the job I really wanted. Then I saw this wonderful gem on Instagram and thought, "what the ever loving hell is this?!" Jill never fails to disappoint in the yucky food department. 

IMG_5191.PNG

Eewwww. Why does the broccoli look like that? The cheese chicken looks like artichokes. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I feel like we're getting so much insight into the Duggar childhood each time Jill posts one of these craptastic recipes. Notice how her main priority seems to be that food is "filling" rather than nutritious. I wonder just how bad the food insecurity was in their household before TLC stepped in. If all they ate was empty carbs, they had to have been hungry constantly.

This reminds me of Michelle feeding the kids instant noodles for lunch and telling the camera it was because they were "full of protein."

• Love 17

@Nysha thank you. ??? that, and at least I have a better resume than Derick! ? I am praying for you btw. You and your family have been on my mind a lot the last couple of days!!!

seriously, that crap doesn't look like enchiladas. Even thinking about eating it makes me want to throw up. Does Jill ever cook anything that isn't greasy and shiny?

My mom makes such a good enchilada recipe that I always have for my birthday because it's awesome! The inside is chicken, spinach, milk, yogurt, sour cream, peppers, and a couple of spices. You pour the liquid mixture over the top too, and add cheese. No cream of crap anywhere! Like someone said above, how do you even digest that much soup?

• Love 7
9 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

20 tortillas for a family of 21?

Probably a lot of "Enchilada night? Uh, God told me to fast today!". Then stealing frozen fruit from the fridge when everyone is still passed out at 10am.

• Love 4
10 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Ack. OK. Where to start. Those are the worst enchiladas I've ever seen. There is a restaurant here in Minot that serves better ones than that. I make my own. This is for 4 adults. 3 enchiladas each. So a dozen enchiladas. 3 lbs of chicken breasts.  And even putting some cheese in the enchiladas, I may have enough chicken to make a chicken sandwich later. Maybe. And I use Old El Paso enchilada sauce. That's it. Chicken, tortillas, cheese and enchilada sauce. Bake them for about 15 minutes at 400. Done. No cream of anything. Ack. And now I want enchiladas! 

Cute. 

He looks at least 4. 

Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 7
On 10/13/2018 at 6:50 PM, Lunera said:

Okay, I read the comments. Apparently Jill put orange food coloring in the water, an idea she got from a commenter on her blog. It's supposed to be for fun.

Me and my sisters did this as kids.  We also used to color our milk.

• Love 3

Sam looks like he is just biding his time until he can escape the circus he was born into.  I don’t subscribe to reincarnation, but Sam seems like he has an “old soul”, and understands he must bide his time before he can break free.  

• Love 15
21 hours ago, Triple P said:

This recipe seems eerily familiar. I think she is repeating herself.

Or maybe it is the constant use of cream of soups. 

I want to know what she has against enchilada sauce?  I know they sell it in Arkansas.  It is everywhere.  Cream of whatever soup has a place in some recipes but it really bugs me to call this enchiladas.  No, these are not enchiladas.  Call it a casserole and we are good.  I really want to send her some cookbooks. 

I took a peek at the fat of cream of chicken soup and enchilada sauce.  The cream soup had 120 calories and 8 grams of fat (1/2 cup and there are 2.5 servings per can) vs enchilada sauce 20 calories, 0 fat (1/4 cup or to be the same amount it would be 40 calories and 0 fat).  There are 24 grams of fat and 360 calories IN JUST THAT SOUP!  The bags of cheese (used Walmart brand mild cheddar, 16 servings per bag, 110 cal per serving) for a total of 3520 calories, rice is close to 1183 calories (2lbs of rice).  SOOOO, here it is:

Fat  2.3 (rice, some searches showed 0 fat so who knows) 24 (soup) 144 (cheese), 17.5 (cream of celery soup) 70 (tortillas) = approx 12.89 per 'enchilada'

calories:  1183 (rice), 3520 (cheese) 970 (soups, celery and chicken)) 3400 (20 tortillas X 170) = approx 453.65 per 'enchilada'

I used all walmart brands for checking totals.

I don't know about you all but I need at least 2 enchiladas.  This isn't all the ingredients, just most of them.  They could cut a lot of that down by using enchilada sauce and actual veggies as well as leaving out the rice.  I think they have liquid crisco instead of blood running through their veins.  

Does anyone remember that old cooking show Door Knock Dinners?  I LOVED it!  The host and the chef went to random houses and if the resident gave them permission the chef had to create a meal out of what they had in stock.  Some homes were great, lots of fresh veggies and fruits and then others were challenging.  Such as cases of Kraft mac and cheese and the like, nothing fresh and these were not low income people.  In that one house the chef had a hard time making anything yummy. Everything was boxed.  In another house where the family was from Denmark, it was a gastronomic wonderland.  Real cheese that was not wrapped in plastic, actual fruit and veggies in their natural form, and other yummy things.   I would love it if they brought it back and went to a Duggar house.  My goal is closer to the family from Denmark.  That said, there is always room for a little fun and or convenient food.  It just shouldn't be the staple.  

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Does anyone remember that old cooking show Door Knock Dinners? 

I do and I loved it as well. Wasn’t the host Gordon Elliot? 

Dang on that caloric count. Eating that way should have their MD’s checking their cholesterol levels at their teens. Just so much fat and little nutrition. 

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I do and I loved it as well. Wasn’t the host Gordon Elliot? 

Dang on that caloric count. Eating that way should have their MD’s checking their cholesterol levels at their teens. Just so much fat and little nutrition. 

Yes indeed!  It was so fun to see into others pantries and fridges.  

It is sad that there isn't a spec of fiber or nutrition in that meal.  I know I haven't always had the best diet but it is almost as if they are going out of their way to see how bad they can make a meal.  

• Love 2
36 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Eating that way should have their MD’s checking their cholesterol levels at their teens. Just so much fat and little nutrition. 

If they bother to get regular check ups with a licensed MD. 

38 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

Eating that way should have their MD’s checking their cholesterol levels at their teens. Just so much fat and little nutrition. 

If they bother to get regular check ups with a licensed MD. 

• Love 4
38 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I also like to look in peoples houses at night when their lights are on and their blinds (curtains whatever) are open to see how they’ve decorated their home. I’m not a snoop and never go into peoples medicine cabinets or drawers. 

Cue why I’m addicted to looking at houses on Zillow. 

• Love 12
22 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I thought it was cabbage. I wouldn't have guessed enchiladas either.

2 cups of chicken for 20 tortillas? So basically each enchilada is filled with cream soup, a spoonful of rice and maybe one cube of chicken? 

Ditto on the cabbage! Before I scrolled down, I was expecting to see a half assed recipe for “Jilly’s Silly Piss Poor Polish Pigeons Sans Sauce” ... or something along that line.

How the FUCK did she make something that, in all fairness, when I’ve been piss poor broke and on food stamps, CAN be made into a half assed enchiladaish cassaroleeeeee? Into what looks like pissed on cabbage and defeated broccoli?!

• Love 6
12 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Didn't their supposed MD lose his license?  I thought I'd read that here.

Yeah, I was thinking of Fedosky when the OP mentioned a LICENSED physician. The last we saw, Jill and Derelict were going to him, license be damned.

• Love 3
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Does anyone remember that old cooking show Door Knock Dinners?  I LOVED it!  The host and the chef went to random houses and if the resident gave them permission the chef had to create a meal out of what they had in stock.

There were a couple of seasons of a similar show with (I think) Curtis Stone called Take Home Chef. 

ETA: Apparently it was on TLC, too — I’d forgotten that. 

Edited by jennblevins
I actually looked up the show to make sure I’d remembered it correctly.
  • Love 1
34 minutes ago, jennblevins said:

There were a couple of seasons of a similar show with (I think) Curtis Stone called Take Home Chef. 

ETA: Apparently it was on TLC, too — I’d forgotten that. 

My co-worker was on Take Home Chef. I'll write a poat about his experience in the prayer closet.

• Love 5
14 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

“Day 412. My captors continue to taunt me with intellectual understimulation and inedible food. Today I was confined in my restraints for several hours while the male and female guard sat in their vehicle and indulged in a local delicacy called “Domino’s pizza.” I was then freed for a short period of time to eat a most vexing concoction they called “enchiladas” before being returned to my cell and having small noisy animals repeatedly shaken in my face. I continue to try to befriend their other captive. I have discovered through careful monitoring of the female guard’s speech that his name is “Yaaaay.” He continues to shun my attempts at friendliness and appears to be jealous of the attention that is paid to me by our captors. I will persevere, as his assistance will be necessary if I am to escape this place. I must now secure this diary in a place where my captors will not find it. Fortunately I have found the crisper drawer in our refrigerator serves that purpose quite reliably.”

?????

• Love 14
9 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

“Day 412. My captors continue to taunt me with intellectual understimulation and inedible food. Today I was confined in my restraints for several hours while the male and female guard sat in their vehicle and indulged in a local delicacy called “Domino’s pizza.” I was then freed for a short period of time to eat a most vexing concoction they called “enchiladas” before being returned to my cell and having small noisy animals repeatedly shaken in my face. I continue to try to befriend their other captive. I have discovered through careful monitoring of the female guard’s speech that his name is “Yaaaay.” He continues to shun my attempts at friendliness and appears to be jealous of the attention that is paid to me by our captors. I will persevere, as his assistance will be necessary if I am to escape this place. I must now secure this diary in a place where my captors will not find it. Fortunately I have found the crisper drawer in our refrigerator serves that purpose quite reliably.”

That has to be the funniest thing I’ve read in a long time!! Laughing made my incision hurt like hell.  ???

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 21
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yeah, I was thinking of Fedosky when the OP mentioned a LICENSED physician. The last we saw, Jill and Derelict were going to him, license be damned.

You are correct once again. ?

• Love 1
31 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

Haaaaa! I'm reminded just now that Jill posted a video in that most recent blog dump of hers of that night she took the boys with dinner to Derick's school and they ate in one of the break rooms there. They actually have Sam strapped into his stroller, and he's straining against the straps trying to move/get out. The video goes on for another minute or two and no one makes a move to get him out. Israel asks for a "cutie," and Derick goes to peel him one.

Now, I don't have kids. Is there any valid purpose for this in this kind of context, or is this a likely example of lazy parenting?

• Love 4
50 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

Lmfaoooooo!!!! That's gold, Jerry!!!! GOLD!!!!

• Love 7
19 minutes ago, graefin said:

Haaaaa! I'm reminded just now that Jill posted a video in that most recent blog dump of hers of that night she took the boys with dinner to Derick's school and they ate in one of the break rooms there. They actually have Sam strapped into his stroller, and he's straining against the straps trying to move/get out. The video goes on for another minute or two and no one makes a move to get him out. Israel asks for a "cutie," and Derick goes to peel him one.

Now, I don't have kids. Is there any valid purpose for this in this kind of context, or is this a likely example of lazy parenting?

I think Jill is doing some kind of modified blanket training with Sam.

• Love 5
5 hours ago, Mindthinkr said:

I also like to look in peoples houses at night when their lights are on and their blinds (curtains whatever) are open to see how they’ve decorated their home. I’m not a snoop and never go into peoples medicine cabinets or drawers. 

I thought that was just me! I love that!  I read an interesting article about post natal depression and pain after birth. https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/new-study-links-postpartum-depression-with-mother-s-pain-after-childbirth-1.4134311

• Love 5
3 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

You win the internetz for today!  

Cant wait to someday find out what’s been going on in poor Sam’s head all this time!  

• Love 13
3 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

I laughed so loud at this, I scared my doxie, my husband and woke up one twin. If I could like this a million times, I would. Bravo! You win the internet! 

• Love 13
On 10/15/2018 at 3:12 PM, xwordfanatik said:

Has Jill never heard of steaming vegetables?  Overdone broccoli is the worst.

I never would have guessed what that yellow abomination was.  Ugh.

At this point, I’m convinced that she’s punking us with the food pics.  I think you’d have to work pretty hard to make an enchilada look that bad.

• Love 13
11 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

This is gold! I wish I could like it a million times its so funny!

• Love 12