Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by Scarlett45

The Politics Policy is still in effect- a participant's social media is not a method to circumvent the policy. Further postings of participant's social media discussing politics, political figures, political bodies etc will result in warnings. 

• Start Topic

On 10/13/2018 at 10:49 PM, Absolom said:

It may well be about Derick and still not fully true.  Derick didn't lose a job as youth pastor because he was never hired by the church.  He was doing an internship that he was paying the church to do.  He wasn't hired by the church at the end of the internship as it seemed he may have expected.  It also seems that part of the way through the year, he was told he didn't have much talent in the area or the rumor is true and he was found to have issues with his style.  That's when he suddenly showed interest in law school. 

From my experience you have to be REALLY bad at it to be told to look for your talents elsewhere 

Does He know he won’t be able to film most of his days ?  Or discuss work on camera?  The whole”confidentiality “ thing and all 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, dariafan said:

Does He know he won’t be able to film most of his days ?  Or discuss work on camera?  The whole”confidentiality “ thing and all 

He's off the show anyway, and IMO he didn't just burn his bridges with TLC, he blew them up, so I'd be surprised if he's ever on a teevee show again. 

• Love 12

Y'all, I am feeling really disappointed. I didn't get an interview for the job I really wanted. Then I saw this wonderful gem on Instagram and thought, "what the ever loving hell is this?!" Jill never fails to disappoint in the yucky food department. 

IMG_5191.PNG

• Love 7

This is like the 2nd or 3rd recipe she's made that looks like yellow slop. I think the only difference is that she added rice.

A friend of ours first brought us these enchiladas several years ago after my mom had a new baby. They were an instant favorite and have continued to be a go-to recipe. The rice makes them pretty filling while stretching the meat (meat can get pretty expensive when feeding a lot of mouths!). I was over at the “big house” (my parents house) the other day with the boys and made these for everyone to help out my mom since my she was coming back around supper time from the dentist with a group of the littles. This is also a great recipe for when you’ve got leftover rice in the fridge. ?

makes two 9×13″ pans or one industrial pan

20 flour tortillas

Filling:

5 C. cooked rice (2 1/2 C. dry)

1 C. sour cream

2 C. shredded cheddar cheese

1 can green chilies

2 cans cream of chicken

2 cups chicken, cooked, shredded

2 t. salt

2 t. pepper

2 t. onion powder

Sauce topping:

2 cans cream of chicken

1 can green chilies

2 C. shredded cheese

1 can evaporated milk

Cook rice and chicken. Grease pans. Mix filling ingredients together. Fill tortillas with filling mixture, roll and place in greased pans. Mix sauce topping ingredients together and pour over top of the rolled, filled tortillas. Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 45 min.

Edited by Lunera

New blog post.

Most pictures have been previously posted. I included 3. In one Derick and  Israel have matching boots, thanks to Cathy. Another is “cleaning chairs”, and one of Derick giving the boys a tour of the university.

September 2018 Pictures and Videos

Oct 15, 2018 | Family Blog, Photos | 1 

We are happy to finally enjoy some fall weather here in Arkansas! It’s been a busy month for us with Derick in his first semester of law school at the University of Arkansas. The days can be long sometimes, but we are thankful for the support from family and friends and prayers from many of you all too! Here are some pictures and videos from the month of September!

08620DE7-2ABB-455E-8B2D-CD4585C1F57A.jpeg

AF0D5EBF-0875-4E87-9778-440BAAA1D9C6.jpeg

14829BC3-73CE-466A-B2A5-5F1182BF9B42.jpeg

17 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

Y'all, I am feeling really disappointed. I didn't get an interview for the job I really wanted. Then I saw this wonderful gem on Instagram and thought, "what the ever loving hell is this?!" Jill never fails to disappoint in the yucky food department. 

IMG_5191.PNG

As long as I was there......

Cheesy Chicken & Rice Enchiladas

Oct 15, 2018 | Recipes | 1 

A friend of ours first brought us these enchiladas several years ago after my mom had a new baby. They were an instant favorite and have continued to be a go-to recipe. The rice makes them pretty filling while stretching the meat (meat can get pretty expensive when feeding a lot of mouths!). I was over at the “big house” (my parents house) the other day with the boys and made these for everyone to help out my mom since my she was coming back around supper time from the dentist with a group of the littles. This is also a great recipe for when you’ve got leftover rice in the fridge. 

20 flour tortillas

Filling:

1 C. sour cream

1 can green chilies

2 cans cream of chicken

2 t. salt

2 t. pepper

2 t. onion powder

Sauce topping:

2 cans cream of chicken

1 can green chilies

2 C. shredded cheese

1 can evaporated milk

Cook rice and chicken. Grease pans. Mix filling ingredients together. Fill tortillas with filling mixture, roll and place in greased pans. Mix sauce topping ingredients together and pour over top of the rolled, filled tortillas. Cover and bake at 375 degrees for 45 min.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Rice is not a substitute for meat.  That is what beans are for.  Jill needs a remedial lesson in nutrition.

No, but rice can be used as a filler to stretch a small amount of meat.  I think the way she stated this was appropriate.    What I don't get are why almost the same ingredients are in the filling and the sauce.  That being said, with some appropriate editing, this might be a recipe I would try.  *Gets ready to duck* 

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, Quilt Fairy said:

No, but rice can be used as a filler to stretch a small amount of meat.  I think the way she stated this was appropriate.    What I don't get are why almost the same ingredients are in the filling and the sauce.  That being said, with some appropriate editing, this might be a recipe I would try.  *Gets ready to duck* 

True, but 5 cups of rice to 2 cups of chicken seems way off.  If you served this to a group, you run the risk of someone getting an enchilada filled only with rice.  I can't imagine a Duggar actually taking the time to make sure the meat was evenly distributed. 

• Love 12
39 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

New blog post.

Most pictures have been previously posted. I included 3. In one Derick and  Israel have matching boots, thanks to Cathy. Another is “cleaning chairs”, and one of Derick giving the boys a tour of the university.

September 2018 Pictures and Videos

Oct 15, 2018 | Family Blog, Photos | 1 

We are happy to finally enjoy some fall weather here in Arkansas! It’s been a busy month for us with Derick in his first semester of law school at the University of Arkansas. The days can be long sometimes, but we are thankful for the support from family and friends and prayers from many of you all too! Here are some pictures and videos from the month of September!

08620DE7-2ABB-455E-8B2D-CD4585C1F57A.jpeg

AF0D5EBF-0875-4E87-9778-440BAAA1D9C6.jpeg

14829BC3-73CE-466A-B2A5-5F1182BF9B42.jpeg

As long as I was there......

Cheesy Chicken & Rice Enchiladas

Oct 15, 2018 | Recipes | 1 

A friend of ours first brought us these enchiladas several years ago after my mom had a new baby. They were an instant favorite and have continued to be a go-to recipe. The rice makes them pretty filling while stretching the meat (meat can get pretty expensive when feeding a lot of mouths!). I was over at the “big house” (my parents house) the other day with the boys and made these for everyone to help out my mom since my she was coming back around supper time from the dentist with a group of the littles. This is also a great recipe for when you’ve got leftover rice in the fridge. 

20 flour tortillas

Filling:

1 C. sour cream

1 can green chilies

2 cans cream of chicken

2 t. salt

2 t. pepper

2 t. onion powder

Sauce topping:

2 cans cream of chicken

1 can green chilies

2 C. shredded cheese

1 can evaporated milk

This recipe seems eerily familiar. I think she is repeating herself.

Or maybe it is the constant use of cream of soups. 

• Love 19

But why does Jill need to stretch out the meat? She has a family of 4, she could be cooking food quality food from scratch but continues to cook for a poor family of 20. Rice inside enchiladas is just strange. 

• Love 21
5 minutes ago, Triple P said:

It's familiar because she posted the exact recipe only a few months ago. She's just recycling recipes, now. She has another very similar recipe but she uses turkey instead of chicken and adds beans instead of rice. She calls them burritos. Screenshot_20181015-125559.thumb.jpg.a339dc84be40e0b9a439fa7aa4b4b442.jpg

Screenshot_20181015-125747.thumb.jpg.d617048d7b33a121f2a8b5e0ec154422.jpg

• Love 5
13 minutes ago, Triple P said:

I would have sworn we've seen that before.  Does she have more than one enchilada recipe?  Poor overdone broccoli and then that ugh whatever it is she's done to an inoffensive tortilla.  I'm still amazed at 2 cups of chicken for 20 "enchiladas."  I think I would use 2 cups of chicken for 6 at the most.  8 at the absolute top.  

ETA:  Thanks for finding her previous post of this.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 15
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Rice is not a substitute for meat.  That is what beans are for.  Jill needs a remedial lesson in nutrition.

I agree! Someone else pointed out that rice is super-cheap, but why not add in some beans along with the rice? They'd add protein and make the dish MUCH better to look at.

• Love 8
2 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

Wow, I thought that was a picture of a poorly-made omelet. I would never have guessed enchiladas.

I thought it was cabbage. I wouldn't have guessed enchiladas either.

2 cups of chicken for 20 tortillas? So basically each enchilada is filled with cream soup, a spoonful of rice and maybe one cube of chicken? 

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, Portia said:

I agree! Someone else pointed out that rice is super-cheap, but why not add in some beans along with the rice? They'd add protein and make the dish MUCH better to look at.

Maybe someone has a bean intolerance issue? </she who has a husband with gastroparesis, a condition that makes beans and other things utterly indigestible>

31 minutes ago, louannems said:

Jill is always bragging about how filling her recipes are, and I guess all those multiple cans of cream of glop soups have enough corn starch to make one appear full.  But come on Jill, with a houseful of hungry Howlers and growing littles, 20 tortillas is not enough.  If they each ate one enchilada apeice, they would get 1/4th cup of rice and 1 1/2 TABLESPOONS of chicken!!!  Along with a huge load of sodium and cheese!

Yeah, but remember all the home-baked bread, platters of fresh fruit, and big garden salads Michelle came up with for filming when the criticism over their diet got too hot.  What Jill makes is probably what dinner looked like for the Duggars when the cameras weren't rolling and the craft truck wasn't there to supplement. It's what she knows. 

• Love 11
5 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

I know this is crazy, but I feel like we could create a sauce for enchiladas that doesn’t require cream of chicken soup. We could call it “enchilada sauce” or something. Who’s with me? 

Here you go for Jill.  Open can and pour.  You get to skip mixing the soup and other goop.

image.png.521e1318090bd4c2208970ea61f6cece.png

• Love 19
2 minutes ago, FakeJoshDuggar said:

Jill is doing a great job demonstrating how utterly malnourished all the Duggar kids were growing up. 

*How many cans of cream of whatever soup can a person digest in a week? 

I suspect that depends on your definition of “digest.” I want to know how they could eat like this and then survive in a house with one toilet. 

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

I suspect that depends on your definition of “digest.” I want to know how they could eat like this and then survive in a house with one toilet. 

Interesting...since these recipes contain almost zero fiber and a ton of salt which would cause water retention...let’s just say their diet might have led to retention of other...things.

I’m kinda shocked they didn’t all have rickets. Or do they add artificial vitamins to canned soup?

• Love 5

Some of my clients are on a tight budget and rice is a staple food for them. It's cheap and filling. They're not big on cream of soups though. They usually buy rice and chicken in bulk at the beginning of the month. By the end of the month the rice to chicken ration drastically changes. 

Is Jill eating on a budget? They eat out a lot and travel some so it doesn't seem she is.

• Love 8

Dammit Jill!  Just open a couple of family sized cans of cream of something soup, and put them in a pot.  Add water, whatever isn't moldy in the fridge and simmer it all on the stove until everything is a mushy mess.  Then call it a day.  No recipe needed.

• Love 14
4 hours ago, Christina87 said:

IMG_5191.PNG

It looks like what results from those super detox colon clenses.  I believe the correct term is mucoid plaque.  

• Love 7

I looked up the Boundaries book on Amazon and read the "Look Inside" excerpt.  There seems to be a lot in the excerpt about not "spreading yourself too thin," like Christians feel they should never say no to anyone asking for a favor and the book says it's OK to say no.  

• Love 1

I made chicken spaghetti last night (insert snarky comments here), including cream of mushroom and cream of chicken and mushroom soups.  You know what the difference between my and Jilly Muffin’s recipes are?  Besides the fact I can actually cook, I know how to tweek a recipe to include fresh peppers, onions, and mushrooms, low fat cheeses, and the appropriate type and amount of seasoning. I’ll also be following this recipe with steelhead trout and grilled asparagus, then a lean pork ribeye roast.  You can’t eat like that everyday Jill!  Someone please get this girl a volumetrics book so she can learn to incorporate veggies into their diets.  Her kids seem like they have good appetites.  She should take advantage.  

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 9

Ack. OK. Where to start. Those are the worst enchiladas I've ever seen. There is a restaurant here in Minot that serves better ones than that. I make my own. This is for 4 adults. 3 enchiladas each. So a dozen enchiladas. 3 lbs of chicken breasts.  And even putting some cheese in the enchiladas, I may have enough chicken to make a chicken sandwich later. Maybe. And I use Old El Paso enchilada sauce. That's it. Chicken, tortillas, cheese and enchilada sauce. Bake them for about 15 minutes at 400. Done. No cream of anything. Ack. And now I want enchiladas! 

• Love 8
5 hours ago, WhineandCheez said:

What is that? Is she talking about a hotel pan, one that fits in a standard chafer??

I read that as standard chute, as in garbage chute. Which is the only place that vile slop belongs. Jill needs to apologize to the chickens who’ve given their life to end up in one of her recipes. Moment of silence....

• Love 8
4 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

Ack. OK. Where to start. Those are the worst enchiladas I've ever seen. There is a restaurant here in Minot that serves better ones than that. I make my own. This is for 4 adults. 3 enchiladas each. So a dozen enchiladas. 3 lbs of chicken breasts.  And even putting some cheese in the enchiladas, I may have enough chicken to make a chicken sandwich later. Maybe. And I use Old El Paso enchilada sauce. That's it. Chicken, tortillas, cheese and enchilada sauce. Bake them for about 15 minutes at 400. Done. No cream of anything. Ack. And now I want enchiladas! 

That’s how I make enchiladas too! Easy and quick, side of guacamole, salsa, sour cream and that is it. Poor Jill with her sad looking cooking. Sounds like she is spending lots of time at the TTH, maybe they appreciate her cooking over there. Sounds like Triple D really is always at school.

• Love 4