Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I thought that picture of green beans was absolutely disgusting.  They were at least 3 different colors!  When I go to Boston Market or someplace that serves off of a steam table, green beans of different colors means that they threw the newly made ones in with the ones that have been sitting there for a few hours.  I will ask if they have any fresh ones in the back.  

I actually like garlic green beans, but I find it strange that they're serving that to their kids as well.  (Same thing with some of the chilies and spices she uses.)  I don't have any of my own, but I thought kids didn't develop a palate for strong tasting foods until they were much older. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Is there really that much traffic in the area they live in? Jill says Derick leaves early to beat the traffic. 

When I lived down there, the traffic seemed heavy compared to what I was used to living in a small town.  But it's not like major gridlock or anything. The roads are honestly pretty clear around 7. I would get to the u of a at that time mainly to allow time to get to class on the bus and still have time left over. No traffic concerns at all at that hour. He might need to allow an extra 15-20 minutes during the morning rush in my experience,  but it's hardly, as to quote Pete Campbell,  an epic poem to get home. 

Edited by Zella
  • Love 8
10 hours ago, mythoughtis said:

Is there really that much traffic in the area they live in? Jill says Derick leaves early to beat the traffic. 

Yeah, I feel like this is just Jill's way of trying to convince herself that this is why he leaves early...kind of like giving us an excuse for his behavior when not only did no one even know he left early, but no one cared.  Pretty sure he has to peel Jilly Clingalong off of his body like sticky Saran wrap every morning and uses traffic as an excuse to get out the house before the kids wake up and he has to, you know, change a diaper or something.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 17

Remember how we all said Law School was Derick's excuse to get away from Jill and the boys? Well, looks like Muffin unknowingly confirmed that. When I hear "leaves early to fight traffic" I think 90 minutes to a couple of hours. I can't imagine road congestion in rural Arkansas is that bad that Derick would need significant lead time. Jill is so naive.

• Love 24
49 minutes ago, Trillium said:

Also “early” for Jill might mean “before 9 am”. Even if it was 7:30 I wouldn't consider that early.  A lot of people need to be at work at 8 am so 7:30 is a very normal time to leave the house. 6 is early, but it’s not award winning behavior like they seem to believe. 

It really rubs me when they say things like “Most people don’t do this, but we do!”  in an effort to feel superior.  99% of the time, whatever they are  bragging about is what most people do. Their egos never cease to amaze. 

Right?! Like...I think the Duggars are all convinced that normal married couples never have date nights. They harp on that sooooo much!!! I can't think of any married couple who doesn't have dinner together sans kids on occasion, but the Duggars act like they invented the idea! Plus I think their whole theory about that is that regular people get so busy that they don't make time for dates...well, guess what? Regular life is busy! Most people can't afford to live the easygoing lifestyle they do. 

• Love 24
1 hour ago, Trillium said:

Also “early” for Jill might mean “before 9 am”. Even if it was 7:30 I wouldn't consider that early.  A lot of people need to be at work at 8 am so 7:30 is a very normal time to leave the house. 6 is early, but it’s not award winning behavior like they seem to believe. 

It really rubs me when they say things like “Most people don’t do this, but we do!”  in an effort to feel superior.  99% of the time, whatever they are  bragging about is what most people do. Their egos never cease to amaze. 

Yep. How in the hell would Jill know what "most people" do anyway? She grew up and has lived in a bubble almost all her life. Based on the comments we've seen them make on the show, the Duggars are mentally conceptually very far removed from what "most people" do. So STFU.

1 hour ago, Mindthinkr said:

Which sandwiches were on the empty plate? They must have been everyone’s favorite.

It's the tong holder.

• Love 18
2 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Remember how we all said Law School was Derick's excuse to get away from Jill and the boys? Well, looks like Muffin unknowingly confirmed that. When I hear "leaves early to fight traffic" I think 90 minutes to a couple of hours. I can't imagine road congestion in rural Arkansas is that bad that Derick would need significant lead time. Jill is so naive.

Well they're not in rural Arkansas though. The area they live has a metro population of about 1/2 million and folks routinely drive from Rogers to Fayetteville or Fayetteville to Bentonville for work or school. In my own personal experience of living there, a reasonable person there would allow some time for traffic and parking--parking at the u of a legitimately is a bitch, way more than traffic--especially during "rush hour," but it is nothing at all like living in a major city. I'd say Derick, depending on where he lives and when he drives, maybe needs to leave 30 minutes earlier than he would ordinarily at the most. So it is likely something he keeps in mind but it is definitely not enough for her to mention it as proof of his greatness. Lol

• Love 15
12 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

I thought that picture of green beans was absolutely disgusting.  They were at least 3 different colors!  When I go to Boston Market or someplace that serves off of a steam table, green beans of different colors means that they threw the newly made ones in with the ones that have been sitting there for a few hours.  I will ask if they have any fresh ones in the back.  

I actually like garlic green beans, but I find it strange that they're serving that to their kids as well.  (Same thing with some of the chilies and spices she uses.)  I don't have any of my own, but I thought kids didn't develop a palate for strong tasting foods until they were much older. 

I don't either so I am going off my niece.  When she little (high chair still but ate solid food), her fav meal was salmon and broccoli and it still is (she is almost 17).  We went out to dinner when she was maybe 2 and I had ordered something with gorgonzola cheese and it was a little too strong for me but she dug it!  Ate it all.  That same meal we had ordered a dark chocolate dessert of some kind and again, too strong for me and she was hoovering it up.  She has always had an adult palate.  Her mom doesn't eat McDonald's so she has never had that.  I know she has had Taco Bell because she would share burrito's with me when I would babysit.  I may be talking out of my rear end but I think kids eat what you feed them.  She never was a chicken nugget kid, she ate what my sister and her husband ate.  One of her best friends would only eat Bagel Bites though and now that she is in high school that friend has an eating disorder.  Not sure why, but I suspect because her mom always had disordered eating (I used to work with the mom before she was married and had kids and met my sister).

• Love 6

Trillium, I love that you’re calling it a “law school experiment”!  I always had a suspicion while I was in law school that some of my classmates were “trying it on for size” as my mom would say.   Many of them found law school didn’t fit, or in your terminology, didn’t pass the litmus test. 

I still doubt Derrick will make it through the year. 

• Love 11
8 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

So where’s the pool on how long Derrick lasts in law school? I’m going with he flunks out, er, has a sudden calling to non-existent missionary work by mid December.

I think midterms are gonna be hard on Jilly Muffin.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, Zella said:

Well they're not in rural Arkansas though. The area they live has a metro population of about 1/2 million and folks routinely drive from Rogers to Fayetteville or Fayetteville to Bentonville for work or school. In my own personal experience of living there, a reasonable person there would allow some time for traffic and parking--parking at the u of a legitimately is a bitch, way more than traffic--especially during "rush hour," but it is nothing at all like living in a major city. I'd say Derick, depending on where he lives and when he drives, maybe needs to leave 30 minutes earlier than he would ordinarily at the most. So it is likely something he keeps in mind but it is definitely not enough for her to mention it as proof of his greatness. Lol

I'm pretty sure we discovered that their place is in Fayetteville, so he really has no "commute" at all. 

More evidence of Jilly Clingalong. 

• Love 9
30 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I'm pretty sure we discovered that their place is in Fayetteville, so he really has no "commute" at all. 

More evidence of Jilly Clingalong. 

Ah okay. He might still have to deal with some regular traffic in the morning, but it's basically you have to sit through a light or two. Not the end of the world by any means.

In my opinion, negotiating parking is way more of an excuse for leaving early because parking at that schools sucks ass. They've expanded enrollment dramatically but not parking. If I wanted my students to talk in class and they weren't in the mood, I'd ask about parking. It always worked like charm and even the kids who wouldn't talk would join in the bitching. 

For that reason, most people didn't even try to park near classes and instead opted for the bus system or one of the more remote lots and then took a bus. (That's what I did.) Honestly if I were Derick, I'd probably just have Jill drop me off and pick me up. It would save money on parking permits and time finding a spot and it's not like she has anything better to do.  . . . 

Oh God. Them and their office finds.

My thesis advisor's office on campus was where a murder suicide took place. There was no sign but everybody  in my department knew even though it predated most of us.

Edited by Zella
  • Love 8
4 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

That picture isn’t even the same day as the other one he posted. Good grief.

Again with the no kids. 

96B5026D-8122-4BDC-ACAC-30970627EBBF.jpeg

Oh good grief. I love how he’s implying Jilly is learning law too. I mean she might be.  She’s there apparently as much as he is. 

• Love 14

Does this mean Jill actually, possibly complained to #besthubbyevah about lack of quality “datetime”?

If so, first, good for her for growing the teeniest of backbones.

Second, if it’s week two of law school and that’s already her complaint, she is so in for a rude awakening. 

• Love 19
27 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Dear Jill, it only goes downhill from here. Just wait until he REALLY has to STUDY. He seems to be skating in these early weeks. 

Well, given that a lot of professors out there use the early days of classes to weed out the serious students from the wannabees, he should have had a taste of something other than "skating" by now. Which means he is either more brilliant than any of us realize and can pick things up pretty much through osmosis, or he is in for a rude awakening when his grades actually come out. Or maybe he lucked into classes where the professors DO give them some time to acclimatize before dropping the entire work load on them. Who knows.

Oh, and regarding that tweet of his re child abuse, while I wouldn't necessarily go so far as to claim that his child rearing practices are abusive, they are certainly a lot more limiting to his children than those of Jazz's parents. For better or worse, at least Jazz has the opportunity to find herself and live a life that will give her the opportunity to truly realize what she wants out of it.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

Geeeez...is there a time when Jilly is not there?! There are fewer pictures of me and my college boyfriend on campus together, and we both actually went there!

No kidding.  Mr. Xword and I did two years at the same college, at the same time, and I cannot remember seeing (or having someone else take) a single photo of us together on campus.  Granted, it was 40 odd years ago, but still.  Cameras existed.  It didn't even occur to us to take a picture.  Surprise!  We were there to get degrees!

Jilly is so afraid of her loser spouse getting next to some other female?  When pigs fly.  Like so many of you posted, no one else would want that sorry POS.

• Love 11
7 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

No kidding.  Mr. Xword and I did two years at the same college, at the same time, and I cannot remember seeing (or having someone else take) a single photo of us together on campus.  Granted, it was 40 odd years ago, but still.  Cameras existed.  It didn't even occur to us to take a picture.  Surprise!  We were there to get degrees!

Jilly is so afraid of her loser spouse getting next to some other female?  When pigs fly.  Like so many of you posted, no one else would want that sorry POS.

Cameras existed 40 years ago, but social media didn't.  Jill is living her life for social media and she's not alone in that.  To many people it's as if nothing matters unless it's public and presented with the spin you want to present.  

• Love 12

I don't think there is anything weird going on between Laura and Jana, I think they're just eachother's chaperones. I think they are going to force Jana into a courtship to prove the rumors wrong just like they did with Si.

• Love 9
46 minutes ago, sixlets said:

Let's analyze Muffin's hashtags:

#forevermine❤️--no one else would want him
#manofmydreams--oh, honey.  I'm sorry you weren't allowed to dream bigger.  Damn parents.
#youvegotmyheart--he also has your money & what little fame you get from being a Duggar adjacent.  It's nothing to brag about.
#imsoinlove--I think you mean lust.  Love takes time, but you got plenty of that on your hands since you don't have a job.
#thankyou--for what?  Being a father and parenting his children?
#gratefulwifey--you were doing great until the 'wifey' part.  You're 20-something, not 12 (chronologically speaking that is.  Emotionally & mentally, you're stuck at 12)

Thank you for this 

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, sixlets said:

Let's analyze Muffin's hashtags:

#forevermine❤️--no one else would want him
#manofmydreams--oh, honey.  I'm sorry you weren't allowed to dream bigger.  Damn parents.
#youvegotmyheart--he also has your money & what little fame you get from being a Duggar adjacent.  It's nothing to brag about.
#imsoinlove--I think you mean lust.  Love takes time, but you got plenty of that on your hands since you don't have a job.
#thankyou--for what?  Being a father and parenting his children?
#gratefulwifey--you were doing great until the 'wifey' part.  You're 20-something, not 12 (chronologically speaking that is.  Emotionally & mentally, you're stuck at 12)

With you on all those except the lust part...after 4 (?) years and two babies, I very much doubt that she's still in any sort of haze where she just wants to jump his bones 24/7. 

It's probably more some combination of a fear of being without him (for any reason - of which a mind conditioned to be helpless without a headship can probably concoct countless possibilities) and a similar indoctrination into believing that marriage automatically means some sort of superglue-like bond which makes being apart akin to torture. She has to keep herself believing that at all costs lest she start thinking that her life's journey might not have been preordained by the sort of God who gives you everything of the very best as long as you keep to his plan.

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 9
10 hours ago, laurakaye said:

Yeah, I feel like this is just Jill's way of trying to convince herself that this is why he leaves early...kind of like giving us an excuse for his behavior when not only did no one even know he left early, but no one cared.  Pretty sure he has to peel Jilly Clingalong off of his body like sticky Saran wrap every morning and uses traffic as an excuse to get out the house before the kids wake up and he has to, you know, change a diaper or something.

...but does he leave really early or is it Jill won't wake up till way after the sun comes up. Israel did seem to be concerned about her waking up(in a previous video)

Edited by LisaWl7TR
changed son to sun
  • Love 9
2 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Cameras existed 40 years ago, but social media didn't.  Jill is living her life for social media and she's not alone in that.  To many people it's as if nothing matters unless it's public and presented with the spin you want to present.  

Very true!  The very reason I will rarely be found on social media.

I do like reading what @ginger90 comes up with here, pretty much for the snark factor.  Thanks G90!

• Love 7
3 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Jill: GO HOME.

I'm starting to think it isn't so much that she wants to tag along with Derick as it is she hates being around the kids as well. They seem to enjoy "date nights" a hell of a lot more than they do their children. 

We could have an intervention with her and now we all know where to find her for that during weekdays. 

• Love 7
5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

96B5026D-8122-4BDC-ACAC-30970627EBBF.jpeg

Stfu

Gross.  Note it is “quality hubby time” not a more egalitarian “quality time together without kids.” Time with you, Derick, is oh so special. 

Date night means no dishes for Derick or no dishes at all? Do they not believe in having a romantic night in after the kids go to sleep? Haven’t there been dark, shadowy pictures of a shared steak to show otherwise?

I know I harp on Jill’s lack of consistent messaging, but I have to harp again. She posts blogs on how to feed 25 people with $5 worth of cheap ingredients, but a date night, according to Derick, requires eating out frequently and the health of your marriage depends on it. Mkay.

• Love 16
23 hours ago, Quilt Fairy said:

At least in my part of the U. S., the current trend among young parents seems to be to carefully introduce table foods when the child expresses an interest and to let the child eat basically the same table foods the parents eat. It makes lots of sense to me.  My daughter and son-in-law love super spicy foods, and they definitely exercised common sense about giving extreme foods to my grandson, but they did let him try the flavors they enjoyed when he was well under a year. He's 2 now and enjoys some foods that are even a bit too spicy for me. (I'm a lightweight, though.) I predict he won't be one of those 7-year-olds who'll only eat chicken nuggets.

Edited by Portia
  • Love 11