Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

I do feel sorry for Jill in a way. She's not smart, not educated, and not ambitious.

Yes but she is sweet, pretty, and seems to love being a homemaker.  And I think she's trying to make online money for her  family with her awful "recipes." I mean, are ANY of the girls, nay, even boys smart, educated or ambitious?  Why worry about that when all that was drilled into you since 5 minutes after your birth was you were going to have as many kids as possible?  It's not like you are going to have 15 kids AND be a mining engineer.

• Love 2
On 9/16/2018 at 5:35 AM, Jynnan tonnix said:

I noticed that as well - I was almost looking for it given that his interactions with them seemed just a little off from being spontaneous and natural. The boys were enjoying it, but there was still a slight sense that this was not exactly routine and they were waiting for the other shoe to fall, as it were. Maybe I'm just reading too much into it, though; that's always possible with these people.

I know that I am deathly ticklish...you don't even need to actually make contact before I start to squirm and panic. Just wiggle your fingers in the general direction of my middle. Mr Jyn used to do that to me, but did finally realize that just because I was laughing didn't mean I wasn't a second away from a major meltdown. I always feel as though I'm losing control if I get tickled. It feels like a literal panic response where I am likely to kick, scratch, bite, or do whatever I can to get away.

Me too.  It makes me almost panic to think about it.  It truly is torture for some of us and I wish people would understand that.  I HATE it.

• Love 14
4 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

What’s the real purpose of this nearly 8 minute video (and all the others)?  Auditioning for UP?

I don't think it'll work.  Dillweed is a downer, like Austrils.  

Jill's a brainless twit, and Dillweed has not one iota of charisma.

• Love 11
26 minutes ago, doodlebug said:

I don't see Jill loving being a homemaker.  If she loved it, she'd be better at it, even after the poor example her mother set.  And, part of being a homemaker is loving and engaging with one's children.  She treats Izzy like a trained seal, he has to repeat Bible verses on command and put on a happy face and participate in her videos even when he is clearly uncomfortable and doesn't want to do it.  Even looking at the recipes she posts, they are riddled with errors (baking canned green beans for NINETY minutes at 450?), unappetizing and she cannot even be bothered to try to cut them down from her family's 'feed a herd' measurements.  If she really liked being a homemaker, she'd be doing a better job of it.  Just because she was raised in a filthy home with inedible garbage for food doesn't mean she cannot learn better ways; she clearly doesn't want to.  Which to me, says she doesn't like homemaking enough to do it well.

I get that she's getting kinda desperate to monetize their blog, but the piss poor quality of her posts indicates to me that she is not cut out for it.  And, at least part of the reason for that (other than her lack of smarts) is that she once again is posting about stuff that doesn't interest her.

I agree. I see no joy in being a homemaker from Jill. If she liked it, she wouldn't have spend the first year everywhere but at home...constantly driving to Walmart to take Derick lunch, etc. She seems to have no concept of cleaning, or making any sort of healthy meals. She also seems trapped with the children, not like she is enjoying their presence. I have always wanted to be a homemaker, because I would love to spend time raising my (future) children all day, while having the time to cook great quality meals from scratch, keep the house really clean, etc. I sure wouldn't spend all day chasing my husband around!

From the little we've seen of Jinger's life, I think she like she being a homemaker. She seems to have a tidy house, and gets excited about cooking Jeremy food that he will like. As unkempt as Jessa is, she seems to be thankful to have all day with her boys, and isn't completely inept at making food (I.e. When she found that roast recipe online, it was a basic recipe, but she made it correctly and it didn't look nauseating). Joy doesn't seem to prefer it, but it's fine because she likes doing construction with Austin. Out of all the girls, though, the only one I see with any "love" for homemaking is jana, who ironically isn't married.

However, I wonder how much any of these girls can really appreciate getting to stay home, since they have never worked and faced those pressures. I just recently quit a high-stress job with a boss who had it in for me (sounds dramatic, but he does have a known track record of chasing off employees that he doesn't like), where every day at work felt like the Hunger Games, and it would be such a huge relief for me to be able to stay home as long as I wanted while raising kids and taking care of the home, two things I like and am good at.

It just sucks all around that these girls don't have the option of having careers. I could see Jessa thriving in a management role in another universe where they were educated, and Jill loving life as a nurse. I think if she worked full time as a nurse, she would enjoy seeing her kids when she got home, but she would predominantly be one of those people who said, "my identity is my nursing career. I could never just stay home!" Jessa would slay being in the workforce, and may stop for a few years to take care of her boys, but would return and delight in working her way up the latter. If anyone stayed home in that household, it would be Bin! In the real world, I could see him being a teacher / coach and being able to be the boys' primary caretaker. Out of all of them, jinger is the one I could see being happy to escape the corporate world, and would appreciate being a homemaker so much more if she had had to work. Jana is the same way; I see her like me, getting an education and enjoying working for awhile,  but as she gets older wishing she could go ahead and meet Mr. Right who will ideally let her stay home. However, if she had to continue working once married, she would have the skills to do it well...and still do a better job taking care of the home than a lot of people, even as a working mom, because it's a priority. Working Jessa's home, for example, would be a disaster zone that working jana could never put up with!

Edited by Christina87
  • Love 19

If Jill enjoyed cooking, she'd be looking at videos and websites, trying things out and maybe sharing her attempts/successes/failures online.  My 11-year-old nephew is interested in cooking, so he's been following videos online (my sister's Fb page has photos of some lobster dish he attempted - she figured if he was willing to attempt it, they'd splurge).  He's now branching out, trying his own things and having a lot of success and a bit of failure.  It is so easy these days to attempt things on your own, with videos that show you how to chop the herbs and veggies, how to sauté them, even how to present them on a plate.

The fact that Jill hasn't bothered with any of this, tells me she doesn't actually like cooking.  Which is fine - not everyone has to like cooking.  But if you're posting recipes...shouldn't you enjoy preparing food?

• Love 22

The women's lib movement in the 50's was to help women like Jill! Some women were happy being SAHM's, but many had never been given a choice and forced into the role even though they didn't like it. Jill has had a passion and desire for nursing since she was a small child, but like many women 50+ years ago, was steered away from her ambition. It's so unfair that JB stunted his children educationally so that teaching their goals was impossible. I think Jill would be the happiest she's ever been in her life if she could say, "I'm a nurse!" when someone asked her what she did. Some women need an identity away from their children, and that should be their choice!

• Love 17

I think Jill thinks she's doing just what she needs to be doing as a mom, wife and homemaker. If she thought she was doing a poor job she wouldn't be sharing the 'wonder that she is' with everyone. Jill doesn't have the wherewithal to know she is substandard in everything she does. To her, making actual recipes and cooking them, is being creative.

The Duggar bar is super low. Jill probably thinks she has raised the bar fairly high.

• Love 20
2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

Me too.  It makes me almost panic to think about it.  It truly is torture for some of us and I wish people would understand that.  I HATE it.

Yup...My kids all enjoyed a mild tickling - they would ask for more. My daughter, who evidently must not be hugely ticklish to start with used to like to see how long she could steel herself against reacting. But if they ever started to tickle me in return, I had to immediately shut down the game. My reaction toward being tickled is so immediate and uncontrolled that I was honestly afraid I'd be capable of doing them damage in self-defense...It's really bizarre that something basically harmless can cause such a violent reaction. I wonder what's behind that...

• Love 4
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

My father used to hold me down and tickle me.  It’s just one of the many things I hated him for.  It’s nothing more than a form of abuse.

My step cousin always did that. He was -- I don't remember, maybe 10 - 12 years older than me -- and I always hated him doing that, but all the adults just laughed about it.  I remember being relieved when my aunt and uncle divorced and my aunt moved with all her kids back to her home state.  I never saw D.  again and for that, I'm very grateful.  

I think Jill thinks she's doing a good job because she has watched Michelle all these years.  I think the Duggar girls probably "pity" those women who work.  I've always been childless and single but I cannot imagine having to find my only satisfaction in being a wife and mother.  

• Love 7
1 hour ago, Pingaponga said:

If Jill enjoyed cooking, she'd be looking at videos and websites, trying things out and maybe sharing her attempts/successes/failures online.  My 11-year-old nephew is interested in cooking, so he's been following videos online (my sister's Fb page has photos of some lobster dish he attempted - she figured if he was willing to attempt it, they'd splurge).  He's now branching out, trying his own things and having a lot of success and a bit of failure.  It is so easy these days to attempt things on your own, with videos that show you how to chop the herbs and veggies, how to sauté them, even how to present them on a plate.

The fact that Jill hasn't bothered with any of this, tells me she doesn't actually like cooking.  Which is fine - not everyone has to like cooking.  But if you're posting recipes...shouldn't you enjoy preparing food?

I hate cooking but I like good food. My recipes are basic, but if it tastes bad it goes out of the rotation. 

• Love 7
17 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I still don't think it was what he envisioned. I think he watched the Duggars on TV and wanted to be part of a big, happy Christian family. He saw himself marrying a pretty, pious Christian girl who would have sex with him, and take care of him, and provide for him financially. Maybe if she (and her family) had been what he expected, they would have brought out the better part of his nature. What he got has brought out the worst -- although I don't think he had to dig deep to find it.

I think that regardless of what Derick claims, he and Jill are being amply supported by TLC money. Neither of them works at a paying job, yet they have plenty of money to pay their rent, drive a nice car, and constantly eat out. Israel's homeschool curriculum was brand new and cost at least $200 total. The kids wear nice clothes that look new and their house is cluttered with stuff. Either they are living off savings from past payments, JimBob is paying them through the supposed family account, or they actually negotiated some type of settlement from TLC to keep from pushing a show at another network (unlikely). But, they don't seem to be hurting for money.

I think he was happiest before Israel was born. He doesn't seem to enjoy his kids and even when he's playing with them, he's not really playing with them, he's just forcing them to interact with him. The boys force him to at least appear responsible and keep him from the carefree life he had prior to marriage and I think he actively resents them. Jill strokes his ego, he'll always be smarter, better educated, and more worldly that her and other than having to share him with Israel and Samuel, I think he's satisfied with who she is.

• Love 14

I don't like the Duggars and I hate all that they stand for, but I pity all of the Duggars kids. Their parents completely ruined their lives. They've been brainwashed from birth to believe in one way of life only. Any curiosity, ambition or independent thought was crushed as soon as it appeared. And the total isolation from others and lack of education made sure that they would always be dependent on their parents. They've had no choices in their lives. That's sad.

And what is even more fucked up, is that if some of them realize how screwed up this is, they are probably not allowed to openly feel or verbalize it. 

• Love 14
14 minutes ago, QuinnInND said:

I'm defrauded! I see collarbones! 

Considering every Instagram post of Jill’s receives quite the range of comments, I hope her friend doesn’t read them.

I hope she had her friend’s permission to post details about her treatment. 

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Collarbones and bare arms? Jill looks...almost normal.

Part of me has to wonder whether this photo, in that shirt, is less as support for her friend and at least partially, "look at me with my collarbones and see how skinny I am!" 

• Love 9

If being a homemaker brought in an income, Jill would be owing money and not earning any.  

I have made her chicken/gb/potato dish twice.  It's actually quite tasty IF prepared correctly, and her's is not.  There should not be measurable liquid in it.  Green beans are the one veggie I will not buy frozen.  They have a very distinct waxy taste/texture in any dish I've tried them in, and Mr. Six is not a fan.  

Instead of wasting thousands to send Dreck to law school, they need to use that money to get her some therapy.  The one thing (HA!) that pisses me off about this whole family is they are taught to bury their feelings ten feet under.  All of the girls affected by Josh were just taught to slap a smile on their face and pretend like it didn't happen.  Just once, I would love to see someone slap the shit out of JB & Michelle.  Neither of them grew up the way they Jana's raised the kids.  Why don't their children deserve to grow up and live they way they did?  

• Love 13
1 minute ago, sixlets said:

If being a homemaker brought in an income, Jill would be owing money and not earning any.  

I have made her chicken/gb/potato dish twice.  It's actually quite tasty IF prepared correctly, and her's is not.  There should not be measurable liquid in it.  Green beans are the one veggie I will not buy frozen.  They have a very distinct waxy taste/texture in any dish I've tried them in, and Mr. Six is not a fan.  

Instead of wasting thousands to send Dreck to law school, they need to use that money to get her some therapy.  The one thing (HA!) that pisses me off about this whole family is they are taught to bury their feelings ten feet under.  All of the girls affected by Josh were just taught to slap a smile on their face and pretend like it didn't happen.  Just once, I would love to see someone slap the shit out of JB & Michelle.  Neither of them grew up the way they Jana's raised the kids.  Why don't their children deserve to grow up and live they way they did?  

The line to slap JB and Michelle starts behind me.

The poor girls never had a chance to wear a revealing outfit and defraud their male neighbor to the point of him leaving his wife. How mean could Michelle be to her own daughters.

5 hours ago, Christina87 said:

Out of all the girls, though, the only one I see with any "love" for homemaking is jana, who ironically isn't married.

I know she's related by marriage and not blood (which probably explains it), but Kendra looks to be the best homemaker of the bunch from what we've seen. Clean house, home-cooked meals (including for expected guests!), good parenting sense. Obviously her parents did something right.

PS: on a shallow note, I wish someone would teach Jill how to apply makeup.

Edited by graefin
  • Love 17
7 minutes ago, graefin said:

I know she's related by marriage and not blood (which probably explains it), but Kendra looks to be the best homemaker of the bunch from what we've seen. Clean house, home-cooked meals (including for expected guests!), good parenting sense. Obviously her parents did something right.

I wish all of the Duggars and friends would learn that eyeliner comes in more shades than black at all pricepoints.  Also Jill needs some moisturizer hopefully with some SPF.  I have more than 10 years on her and I look younger. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, graefin said:

Those fancy makeup brushes from FabFitFun sure aren't helping.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, DragonFaerie said:

My brain went between the saying on her shirt and the Britney Spears song of Oops I did it again and now I have Oh Lord do it again as an earworm - in the Britney Spears voice of course.

Same here.  My first thought.  

The first thing I saw was armpits.  Have we ever seen those on a Duggar?

• Love 6
1 hour ago, DragonFaerie said:

My brain went between the saying on her shirt and the Britney Spears song of Oops I did it again and now I have Oh Lord do it again as an earworm - in the Britney Spears voice of course.

“Do it again “ by Elevation Worship is a powerful song.  You can go on YouTube and listen to it.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, sixlets said:

I have made her chicken/gb/potato dish twice.  It's actually quite tasty IF prepared correctly, and her's is not.  There should not be measurable liquid in it.  

Curiosity got the best of me and I actually made it for dinner tonight and it was amazing. However, contrary to Jill, I cooked the potatoes for about 25 minutes on their own before adding the chicken and green beans. I also left out the butter. I had to use canned green beans (oh, the humanity!) which I usually hate, but roasting them in the oven took quite a bit of the mush factor out. It's definitely something I'd make again, I'd just never make it Jill's way, lol.

• Love 9
18 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Uplift and pray for Molly (&fam!)  What the heck is uplift and why could she not just type Molly and family. I would not want any Duggar near me if I was facing a life threatening medical condition and treatment.

And He will raise you up

On eagle's wings

Bear you on

The breadth of dawn

Make you to shine like the sun

And hold you in the palm of of His hand.

On Eagles' Wings is a very popular hymn from the mid-70's that based on several books, including Psalms, Matthew and Exodus.

(13 years of Catholic education.  It's an involuntary reflex.)

• Love 10

There are two FTM trans people at my local Starbucks. I hope they take up the company on its offer.

And screw the Duggars. Sbux will do just fine without their business. Go to Mama Carmen's instead. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 17
Just now, Sew Sumi said:

There are two FTM trans people at my local Starbucks. I hope they take up the company on it's offer.

And screw the Duggars. Sbux will do just fine without their business. Go to Mama Carmen's instead. 

It seems odd no one has shamed Starbucks for this on SM. Especially Derick! Or will they continue to drink Starbucks and just be hypocrites, per usual?

• Love 4
3 hours ago, Lemur said:

And He will raise you up

On eagle's wings

Bear you on

The breadth of dawn

Make you to shine like the sun

And hold you in the palm of of His hand.

On Eagles' Wings is a very popular hymn from the mid-70's that based on several books, including Psalms, Matthew and Exodus.

(13 years of Catholic education.  It's an involuntary reflex.)

I love that hymn. It always gives me goosebumps. 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

There are two FTM trans people at my local Starbucks. I hope they take up the company on its offer.

I wonder what would happen if the Duggars ran into a trans at Chick-fil-a?

• Love 1
23 hours ago, DragonFaerie said:

My brain went to Just Do it (Again, Lord) because, well, Nike!

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, Maharincess said:

Thank you. Sorry for a stupid question. Since I'm already asking a stupid question, I may as well ask another one, I keep reading here about Jill being afraid of a shower curtain. I don't watch the show anymore so can someone please tell me about that, or point me in the direction to read about it please?  Thank you in advance. 

So IIRC, when Jill and Derick went to Danger America for their not missionication, they were home and the shower caddy fell in their bathroom.  They thought the house was under attack and locked themselves in the bedroom while sending out texts to their families to pray for them.

• Love 5